Problem with play and charge kit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 12-01-2005, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
alougher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida, The Sunshine State
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Followed instructions -- connected play and charge cable to USB port on back on 360. Connected to controller, red light stays on and eventually turns green (meaning charged). 30 mins into gameplay get the message "Controller disconnected". Then controller goes dead.
alougher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 12-01-2005, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xxThe Deanxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you tried regular batteries to isolate the controller from the kit?
Is there some interference in your home?

My New Xbox Live Gamertag: General Hazard
xxThe Deanxx is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 12-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Drew224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: IL
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is totally off topic, but I remember reading that you could check your remaining battery in the dash and I haven't figured out how. Does anyone know how?
Drew224 is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 12-01-2005, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew224
This is totally off topic, but I remember reading that you could check your remaining battery in the dash and I haven't figured out how. Does anyone know how?
There's a small battery indicator at the top of your half-screen dashboard.. from memory.. hit the guide button and look at one of the corners, maybe near the time.

Jasman
Jasman is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 12-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Drew224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: IL
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasman
There's a small battery indicator at the top of your half-screen dashboard.. from memory.. hit the guide button and look at one of the corners, maybe near the time.

Jasman
Wow. I have totally been over looking that.
Drew224 is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 12-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Member
 
wasko8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Jasman, was also wondering where the heck that was. :D
wasko8 is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 12-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Newbie
 
Lenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York City, NY
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alougher
Followed instructions -- connected play and charge cable to USB port on back on 360. Connected to controller, red light stays on and eventually turns green (meaning charged). 30 mins into gameplay get the message "Controller disconnected". Then controller goes dead.
You connect to the usb port for the first controller in the front of the xbox 360. The play and charge can work without the 360 being on. However, you have to have the system on at first.
After you see the charging light go on you can turn off the system.
Lenster is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 12-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Member
 
pace1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How long does it typically take for the controller to get fully charged (i.e. for the light to turn green)?

I tried charging my controller last night for the first time and, while the battery indicator on the dashboard displayed gradually more bars, the light on the charger stayed red for at least two hours, at which point I gave up and went to bed.

My concern is that I neglected to charge the controller before using it the first time, and I screwed something up.
pace1313 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 12-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Senior Member
 
taintedzodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace1313
How long does it typically take for the controller to get fully charged (i.e. for the light to turn green)?

I tried charging my controller last night for the first time and, while the battery indicator on the dashboard displayed gradually more bars, the light on the charger stayed red for at least two hours, at which point I gave up and went to bed.

My concern is that I neglected to charge the controller before using it the first time, and I screwed something up.
I've heard six hours for a full charge when not in use. I've definitely seen it take over 3-4 hours, although I wasn't watching to see when it finally finished.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the Galaxy. Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

I'm doing my part. Are you?
taintedzodiac is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jasonstiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
i was told that the 1st charge takes 6 hrs, after that its 4-5 hrs. Plug the usb into the front port not the rear one.
jasonstiller is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dbburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It did take me four to five hours to charge my two controllers the first time. I haven't had to recharge them yet, so I don't know if recharge time is shorter after that initial charge.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

dbburns is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Member
 
mjwhitay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey just a hint. If you have an ipod or something witha usb-wall charger, you can plug the plug-n-play charge kit directly into that. Works like a charm. I never have to unplug it since I have a car charger for the ipod and it charges as I use it for my in game music.

The 360 rock, BTW.
mjwhitay is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
alougher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida, The Sunshine State
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the last tip, I have a USB wall charger that came with my Blackberry so I will try that. The only other thing I noticed was that I charged the battery pack, light went green un all, but a day or so later with minimal playing the controller died. I guess I've a dodgy battery pack after all.
alougher is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
 
Posi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller
i was told that the 1st charge takes 6 hrs, after that its 4-5 hrs. Plug the usb into the front port not the rear one.
Just a correction that it will work using the rear USB as well. Just in case for some reason someone really wanted to use the rear USB.
Posi is offline  
Closed Thread Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off