General XBox 360 problem Thread: - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1628 Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No it's there alot longer than a second it stays there until the tv is changed to another input or after the xbox is paused for awhile then it goes away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1628 Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just got my "new" 360 back from the repair center (old broken one was manufactured 11/05, new broken one is 12/05), and it died on the same day. Pretty pathetic. At least it's under warranty. I wonder if they'll give me one that's a more recent vintage this time?
post #633 of 1628 Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM

I have vista ultimate and a new xbox 360. I can find media through the computer on the media blade, but xbox cannot find wmc. I constantly get a message that it can't be found. I spent several hours with Dlink opening all the ports and twice that with wmc support from microsoft and they could not help with the problem. They said call back!

I just want to access media center. My computer has found xbox, I've used the add an extender on media center, typed in 8 digit code to no avail.

WTF!
post #634 of 1628 Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 AM

My 360 started freezing recently. I have had it for a little over a year. I tried all the troubleshooting techniques such as clearing the cache etc.
Nothing has worked so far. I do not get any error messages or rings of light errors. Some games just freeze on me from time to time. I have lived with this for about 2 months, but recently got Lost Planet, and it is basically unplayable. It freezes constantly.
Oh, when using as a dvd player, the console has never froze and it has never froze on the dashboard.

Edit: Saw another post about the jaggies on PGR and yes I have received those as well.
post #635 of 1628 Old 03-19-2007, 10:40 AM

My 6/06 manufactured 360 got sent back for repair this morning. Started freezing up on all disk games. Would occasionally freeze on an arcade game. Once it would freeze and I turned it off and back on it would then freeze on the boot screen. Had it in a well ventalated area, so it shouldn't have been overheating, plus it would only be on a couple minutes before it froze. I tried all the fixes, cleared the cache, tried another profile, no luck.

It sucks that is broke, but I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.
post #636 of 1628 Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoulos View Post

Hey guys, my brother's 360 has been displaying a strange pattern when playing online only...sent it into MS for repair...got it back and still doing the same thing. photo attached...any ideas?

thanks,
Rob

Hey there. That pic looks exactly like what started for me tonight. My 360 freezes, and then these weird lines occur across the entire screen in different colors.What is the problem anyway? And can I fix it?

Xbox Live: Reparkable
Twitter: @reparkable
post #637 of 1628 Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisardd View Post

I have vista ultimate and a new xbox 360. I can find media through the computer on the media blade, but xbox cannot find wmc. I constantly get a message that it can't be found. I spent several hours with Dlink opening all the ports and twice that with wmc support from microsoft and they could not help with the problem. They said call back!

I just want to access media center. My computer has found xbox, I've used the add an extender on media center, typed in 8 digit code to no avail.

Some D-Link routers are known to not work with the Xbox360, others work fine. Please see the following link:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/co...compatible.htm

Gamertag: nyber
Disclaimer: While I work on the Xbox 360 team views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Microsoft my employer.
post #638 of 1628 Old 03-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Advanced Member

I'm having an issue. I just got a new 32inch LCD in my bedroom and a Vista machine so I wanted to use a 360 as a media center extender.

I have 2 360s and the louder one (fan noise) in my bedroom and it worked perfectly fine with the ethernet cable and it detected media center fine and worked beautifully. But then I thought, man is it noisy, I should use the other that's quieter since I sit so close to it.

I bring in the other one. I connect it to the same network cable the noisy 360 had been using. I sign into Live perfectly fine. I then got to media center option in the 360 to set that up and that's where I run into trouble.

At that point, the 360 has a problem detecting PCs, it can't find the media center. This is even more strange by the fact that Vista detected the 360 Extender on the network and was awaiting the setup-key from the 360, but of course I can get it unless the 360 detects something.

So why does one 360 detect PCs and work with Media Center and another completely fails, and on the same connection cable.
post #639 of 1628 Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyB View Post

I'm having an issue. I just got a new 32inch LCD in my bedroom and a Vista machine so I wanted to use a 360 as a media center extender.

I have 2 360s and the louder one (fan noise) in my bedroom and it worked perfectly fine with the ethernet cable and it detected media center fine and worked beautifully. But then I thought, man is it noisy, I should use the other that's quieter since I sit so close to it.

I bring in the other one. I connect it to the same network cable the noisy 360 had been using. I sign into Live perfectly fine. I then got to media center option in the 360 to set that up and that's where I run into trouble.

At that point, the 360 has a problem detecting PCs, it can't find the media center. This is even more strange by the fact that Vista detected the 360 Extender on the network and was awaiting the setup-key from the 360, but of course I can get it unless the 360 detects something.

So why does one 360 detect PCs and work with Media Center and another completely fails, and on the same connection cable.

Well, I solved it:

I went into Media Center and went to settings and then extender options. I saw two 360s there, one that looks setup right with a key, another that must be the one that failed. I then uninstalled it.

The 360 still did not detect the PC when went to media center. Though, I noticed an option I didn't see before, I don't know if it was there before or just appeared because of what I did to media center. But this option for the y-button is to setup a new connection. I swear all the previous times I looked at the options at this screen only took me to network connection areas and such. This time though it took me to a new media center window and it finally gave me the setup-key and all is well now.

I hope I just didn't overlook that because I swear I would have noticed it before. Maybe it worked this time because I uninstalled the stuff media center already had for it.
post #640 of 1628 Old 03-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Here is a pic of the problem i'm having:

My 360 freezes and then weird lines on the screen.

Here i'm in the middle of playing COD3, and as you can see no 'red lights of death'.
What, if anything, can I do?

Xbox Live: Reparkable
Twitter: @reparkable
post #641 of 1628 Old 03-21-2007, 06:25 AM

I have attempted to find my problem on this thread and the CRT thread, but to no avail.

I have a 360 connected to my Sony KV27xxx through S-video, and periodically the screen will simply disappear. The audio is fine. Sometimes the video will simply flash away, and othertimes will remain off for several seconds. This has occurred with both games and DVD movies. It typically happens after an hour or two of watching. I can switch the TV to another input and it works fine leading me to believe its the XBOX. From other posts I know to have the XBOX standing vertical for better cooling. Also, the XBOX doesn't get very hot just watching movies so I don't know if its really an overheating issue.

I have read that Sony Trinitrons have symptoms like this, but would it be tied to a single input. Anyway, just looking for help.

Thanks.
post #642 of 1628 Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 AM

I have a lcd hdtv (1080i, 720p), sony kdl-40S2010. I've been trying to switch the resolution in console settings to 1080i or even 720p and it keeps defaulting to 480p. I've talked to Sony and they say that the tv accepts these signals. I'm not sure if the av component cable is faulty or that it's an xbox problem with syncing to my tv. Any suggestions? I do have a VGA input from the tv but I'm not sure if thats the way to go.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Kevin
post #643 of 1628 Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 PM

[quote=Morter Forker]Help! Am I freaking out or experiencing something everyone does? Potential Ghosting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having the same problems with the blurring occuring, especially in R6:Vegas. I have had two different Sony RPLCD's (currently KDF-46E2000) and a Samsung DLP (HLS4676) hooked up and the blurring was the same with both of them. A friend has the same Samsung hooked up and does not experience this effect.

I was wondering if you solved this or if anyone else may know how to cure this.

Also, with the KDF-46 I have been seeing more screen door effect than with the 42" model, would anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks for any help.
post #644 of 1628 Old 03-22-2007, 09:26 AM

My 360 now has green jagged lines running across a black screen....I guess it finally died. Bought it at launch. My 4 yr old XBOX still works great. I guess I am going old school for awhile.

-Thirsty
post #645 of 1628 Old 03-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Problem w/ Denon 3805 optical digital input:

When playing Graw and Graw2, loud low freq sounds (tank explosions, ..) trip my Denon 3805 into protection mode. I am not using the amps in the 3805, just running 5.1 pre-outs to another multi-channel linestage.

Anyone know of a work-around to this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike
post #646 of 1628 Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Well my third xbox just died after a couple of days. Horrible grinding noise from the drive and it won't play games at all. DVD movies seem to work okay, and the anything not involving game disks is fine (arcade, demos, music/video streaming, etc).

The support people were pretty nice and said that my ticket was being "escalated." I spoke to a manager. I don't know what difference that'll make though, seems likely that they'll just sent me a fourth defective replacement.
post #647 of 1628 Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Just sell the 360 and get a ps3. You will not look back. These things are pieces of ****.
post #648 of 1628 Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

The problem is that xbox seems to be better in every way other than reliability...
post #649 of 1628 Old 04-10-2007, 02:21 PM

My 360 stays on after I turn it off. Like the lights are off, but it's still trying to read game discs. I've called microsoft, but they want me to pay 100 something dollars to fix it (bought mine near launch, no warranty).
post #650 of 1628 Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM

i got a really strange problem...When I play music thru the 360 (CD, of HDD, streaming from PC) My sub is not working. This problem just started. The optical cable is pluged in I can see the redlight so I know its working. I have the audio setting set for Dolby Digital on the 360. When I watch a movie or game trailer sub is working great, but When i play music its like the signal is not being sent. I also, in the middle of a song, went to the system blade on the 360 and changed the audio output to Digital Stereo..and whata know the sub starts thumping again. Switch it back to Dolby Digital, where it has always been, no Bass...just very tinny music. I see my receiver is getting the Digital signal because it is indicated on the receiver. Ive had the system since day 1..it did go back for repair in NOv '06 due to the red lights of death, but since then its been great. So... has there been an update that changed something or does my BOX need repair again?? Anybody else have this happen???? Im stumped.
post #651 of 1628 Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 PM

I probably know the answer to this, but watching HDDVD's on the external HDDVD player sux because of the noise coming from the xbox 360. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD THEY EVER THINK THIS COULD BE USE FOR HD MOVIE EXPERIENCE??? Maybe if it was in another room!!!

Something good would be to disable or idle the DVD drive on the console while using the HDDVD player. Quiet scenes are ruined by the excessive noise. I got a great picture now, but went 2 steps back on the sound. Even DTS and 5.1 are practically drowned out during quite scenes. I saw the process of putting the padding in the system after opening the console http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...129TX1K0000532 , but forget that. I'm not voiding the warranty on a $600 equipment.

Anyone got any advice?
post #652 of 1628 Old 04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by R00st3r View Post

I probably know the answer to this, but watching HDDVD's on the external HDDVD player sux because of the noise coming from the xbox 360. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD THEY EVER THINK THIS COULD BE USE FOR HD MOVIE EXPERIENCE??? Maybe if it was in another room!!!

Something good would be to disable or idle the DVD drive on the console while using the HDDVD player. Quiet scenes are ruined by the excessive noise. I got a great picture now, but went 2 steps back on the sound. Even DTS and 5.1 are practically drowned out during quite scenes. I saw the process of putting the padding in the system after opening the console http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...129TX1K0000532 , but forget that. I'm not voiding the warranty on a $600 equipment.

Anyone got any advice?

Your DVD player shouldn't be playing if you're watching a HD-DVD. That would mean both your HD-DVD drive AND your DVD player both have discs in them and are spinning at the same time.

I'm guessing the sound you're hearing is the 360 body fans whirring while the 360 is in idle. When you watch an HD-DVD, your 360 is pretty much in idle.

The only audio problem I have with my 360 is when I'm playing a DVD or game in the DVD drive. When it's idle, or if I'm watching a HD-DVD, my Moxi DVR is louder than my 360.

Also, you state your DTS is drowned out during quiet portions of your movies. The HD-DVD drive does not currently support DTS output.

-JR
post #653 of 1628 Old 04-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Has anyone had a lot of trouble getting the optical audio cable to stay in the back of the 360's AV cable? I can't get it to stay in there well at all. I've been wiggling it and pushing it in but it won't get a snug fit. I tried it on the AV cable with my 360, and my roommate's, but same problem. And yes, I'm putting it in the right way. Thanks for any suggestions.
post #654 of 1628 Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Is it a xbox 360 cable i bought a mad catz from amazon for $5.99. I heard the other ones not for 360's don't fit well. Mine slid in and is snug.
post #655 of 1628 Old 04-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Optical Audio Problem - No Center Channel?

I just noticed this issue today, but I don't know that anything has changed.

My Xbox 360 is hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-815 via Optical. The Xbox 360 is set to DD w/WMA, but I have tried just DD 5.1 as well.

I have sound on all channels except the center channel. There is simply no sound on the center channel.

If I switch to the FM radio input or my HD-DVD player, there is sound on the center channel. If I move the 360 Optical to another optical input on the receiver, there is no change.

Anyone else having similar problems?
post #656 of 1628 Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 PM

Hi all,

Im having trouble chatting with 2 or 3 friends on xbox 360 live. I can chat with certain people but not others. I have a very fast cable connection (optimum online) with a Scientific Atlanta cable modem and a D-Link DI-624 router with firmware 2.53.

When I test my xbox live settings on the xbox, everything comes up normal (NAT is open) and I have a strong connection wirelessly. Any ideas as to why certain people cant chat with me, but others can?

thanks,
Tom
post #657 of 1628 Old 04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlucca View Post

Hi all,

Im having trouble chatting with 2 or 3 friends on xbox 360 live. I can chat with certain people but not others. I have a very fast cable connection (optimum online) with a Scientific Atlanta cable modem and a D-Link DI-624 router with firmware 2.53.

When I test my xbox live settings on the xbox, everything comes up normal (NAT is open) and I have a strong connection wirelessly. Any ideas as to why certain people cant chat with me, but others can?

thanks,
Tom

Tom, do you mean in game channels? In private chat you can only do one-on-one chats.

In game channels it may just be how that person is connecting to the server. You can also have them plug/unplug their mics just to do some basic troubleshooting.

If you're doing one-on-one chats, and you can't hear certain people, go into a game room and see if you can hear them inside the room. If that's the case, then at least you know the connection has something to do with a direct connection between the two of you.

Hope that helps,

-JR
post #658 of 1628 Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macros73 View Post

Optical Audio Problem - No Center Channel?

I just noticed this issue today, but I don't know that anything has changed.

My Xbox 360 is hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-815 via Optical. The Xbox 360 is set to DD w/WMA, but I have tried just DD 5.1 as well.

I have sound on all channels except the center channel. There is simply no sound on the center channel.

If I switch to the FM radio input or my HD-DVD player, there is sound on the center channel. If I move the 360 Optical to another optical input on the receiver, there is no change.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I am having a similar problem but my sub will not work when the 360 is set to Dolby Digital 5.1. This problem just started for myself as well.(see my post just above yours) I tried to call the 360 support but got some dumb a$$ who told me it was my Sub. But if you check out MS website,( google search 360 sound problem) they acknowledge the problem. You should probably check out the website and then call MS for repair if you have a warranty. Hope that helps.
post #659 of 1628 Old 04-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sending in my 3rd 360 tomorrow morning. First one I had for a year, Second one (brand new) I had it for about 3 months, and this one I had for less than a month. I talked to a Service Rep, they apologized and kept stating that I should not be having this problem (no crap, bunch of rocket scientists they got working there). First XBOX gave me the rings o' death, the 2nd one quit playing my games, wouldn't even read them, and the 3rd one gave me the rings o' death and error codes E71 and E79. They are not going to simply replace this unit, they are gonna try to fix it and make sure it is not one of my accessories that may be causing the problem. Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Nintendo as far as build quality. I wish my XBOX had balls so I could kick them.
post #660 of 1628 Old 04-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Advanced Member

today my xbox started beeping and than green and white checkered boxes appeared on the screen and it froze, is this a ram failure? what causes this problem?
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page