Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1628 Old 12-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomw1234 View Post

I don't know if this is the place to post this but I've been having a problem logging on the Xbox live with a gamertag that I created on Xbox com. I go through the whole process then I get disconnected and it says "Xbox live sign up is not available at this time" Has anyone else had this problem? I've had to use a locally created profile to play games.

Tommy

Please contact support at 800 4MY XBOX to resolve problems like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1628 Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 41
SOWK: Nice to see a fellow WI guy in here.... In Madison... Stop in anytime to play the XBOX 360 if you want to see it on a 92" Sony HS51 FP, looks amazing, was playing CODII as loud as it gets
and the roar of the tanks and guys scared the crap out of me So far no issues with any games yet using this setup, however I am using a old Toslink cable for DD, and it barely fits. Can't seem to find any opticals by Microsoft yet...

joerod: My 360 gets loud, I have it setup vertically and haven't placed it in my rack yet, I hope they come out with a new box that allows more fans that aren't as loud that will help this cool the units more, they use to have them for other platforms and make them for computer laptops, helps performance etc....

Check this out..............

http://cespage.com/xbox/joytechcontrol.html
post #63 of 1628 Old 12-13-2005, 04:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Thanks, atleast my 360 is not the only one that gets so loud that it sounds like it is ready for take off!

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #64 of 1628 Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post

SOWK: Nice to see a fellow WI guy in here.... In Madison... Stop in anytime to play the XBOX 360 if you want to see it on a 92" Sony HS51 FP, looks amazing, was playing CODII as loud as it gets
and the roar of the tanks and guys scared the crap out of me So far no issues with any games yet using this setup, however I am using a old Toslink cable for DD, and it barely fits. Can't seem to find any opticals by Microsoft yet...

LOL!!!

Thanks for the offer! I may someday take you up on that!

BTW did you look at my gallery?

I have a Sony HS51 on a 100" screen.

I am also using VGA.

I also have a pretty decent Sound System.

- I will provide you with the same courtesy. If you are in the Wauwatosa Area, and want to stop by, you can.

-SOWK
post #65 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 12:22 PM

I've tried several cheap optical cables that I've got and they don't seem to stay in. They're very loose and practically fall out of the 360's optical output. What brand of optical cables is everyone using?

-Jeff-
post #66 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Hi Jeff,

Are you sure you've used enough muscle? They should firmly snap into place. Give it another try and show it who's boss.

Dan
post #67 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM

I'm using Monster opticals and they work like a charm.
post #68 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM

Everytime I hear the cable snap into place, it pops right back out. I don't think I'm the problem.

-Jeff-
post #69 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff9920 View Post

I've tried several cheap optical cables that I've got and they don't seem to stay in. They're very loose and practically fall out of the 360's optical output. What brand of optical cables is everyone using?

Monster

-SOWK
post #70 of 1628 Old 12-14-2005, 04:10 PM

New cables, works fine now.

It's amazing how much better things work when you don't use crap cables.

-Jeff-
post #71 of 1628 Old 12-15-2005, 07:44 AM

Liked: 11
I have a XP Home PC and a Xbox 360 connected to my Linksys RT41P2-AT VoIP adapter.

I cannot get Media Connect to work. The PC sees the Xbox, but the Xbox says there is no PC available on the network.

If I plug the 360 into my second ethernet port on my PC, I can use the media connect just fine, but that hurts my online play, and requires that my PC be on to play on Live!

I've followed M$'s advice as best as I can, and have had the Linksys tech support trying to figure it out, but no one can. The only problem with the M$'s required open ports that I've had is with the UPnP framework. My adapter wants me to specify both a Ext. and an Int. port. For the UDP of 1900 I put both as the same and it took when I saved it, but with the 2869 TCP when I save it clears the port field.

Linksys had me set my PC and 360 IPs as static 192.168.15.10 and .11 respecively and I can still play on Live! that way with no problems, but still no Media Connect.

Can you help?

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
post #72 of 1628 Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post

I have a XP Home PC and a Xbox 360 connected to my Linksys RT41P2-AT VoIP adapter.

I cannot get Media Connect to work. The PC sees the Xbox, but the Xbox says there is no PC available on the network.

If I plug the 360 into my second ethernet port on my PC, I can use the media connect just fine, but that hurts my online play, and requires that my PC be on to play on Live!

I've followed M$'s advice as best as I can, and have had the Linksys tech support trying to figure it out, but no one can. The only problem with the M$'s required open ports that I've had is with the UPnP framework. My adapter wants me to specify both a Ext. and an Int. port. For the UDP of 1900 I put both as the same and it took when I saved it, but with the 2869 TCP when I save it clears the port field.

Linksys had me set my PC and 360 IPs as static 192.168.15.10 and .11 respecively and I can still play on Live! that way with no problems, but still no Media Connect.

Can you help?

I would need personal access to your pc for this. If you want this weekend, you can turn off Firewall protection on your router, install a program called VNC for the day. I can get access to your pc from that, and help you with a solution. I have a background in computer networking, and maybe able to help. but this one is going to require some work.

-SOWK
post #73 of 1628 Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 AM

Liked: 11
Well that's a problem in itself. If I could turn off the router's firewall I would have done that already and let the Windows firewall do all the work instead. Unfortunately the router does not have that as an option.

Thanks though.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
post #74 of 1628 Old 12-16-2005, 10:43 AM

I have successfully got connection between the Xbox 360 and my Win XP Pro system. Xbox via wireless to Netgear router, XP wired to said router. (BTW the router is NOT on the Xbox Live qualified list, it's a WGR614v5)

I can do slide shows of my JPEGs OK. (And the Xbox gets onto Xbox live just fine).

But...

I thought that I should be able to stream limited video (is it WMA only?) to the Xbox from the PC, but can't find how to do this. At some point I find a message which tells me that I'm using 811g and this could be a problem for streaming and I should switch to 811a (which I thought was the original REALLY slow one???)

But I just can't find a screen that would let me into the folders of the XP system to show a movie file. Any ideas?

Second question about installation. The Xbox gave me an 8 digit number and said I should go to pcsetup at the xbox website and it would ask me for this number at the PC end. It never did, but it finds the Xbox OK. Is this a problem (not asking for the number)? Back at the Xbox, it says I should leave the Xbox at this screen while I do the pcsetup. I did this, but even after pcsetup, this screen is a dead-end at the Xbox end. It can never go further (such as via the green button).

Finally, I tried doing the above setup on a second PC on my home LAN, but the Xbox can only see the first XP system. Should I be able to see both or is it limited to one only? The second PC can see the Xbox. I tried resetting the Win firewall on both by clicking that button.

PS I am well experienced with computers in general (over 40 years of computer experience), and Win XP in particular, but this is my first gaming console, so forgive me if I am asking naive questions!
post #75 of 1628 Old 12-16-2005, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBO Possum View Post

I have successfully got connection between the Xbox 360 and my Win XP Pro system. Xbox via wireless to Netgear router, XP wired to said router. (BTW the router is NOT on the Xbox Live qualified list, it's a WGR614v5)

I can do slide shows of my JPEGs OK. (And the Xbox gets onto Xbox live just fine).

But...

I thought that I should be able to stream limited video (is it WMA only?) to the Xbox from the PC, but can't find how to do this. At some point I find a message which tells me that I'm using 811g and this could be a problem for streaming and I should switch to 811a (which I thought was the original REALLY slow one???)

But I just can't find a screen that would let me into the folders of the XP system to show a movie file. Any ideas?

Second question about installation. The Xbox gave me an 8 digit number and said I should go to pcsetup at the xbox website and it would ask me for this number at the PC end. It never did, but it finds the Xbox OK. Is this a problem (not asking for the number)? Back at the Xbox, it says I should leave the Xbox at this screen while I do the pcsetup. I did this, but even after pcsetup, this screen is a dead-end at the Xbox end. It can never go further (such as via the green button).

Finally, I tried doing the above setup on a second PC on my home LAN, but the Xbox can only see the first XP system. Should I be able to see both or is it limited to one only? The second PC can see the Xbox. I tried resetting the Win firewall on both by clicking that button.

PS I am well experienced with computers in general (over 40 years of computer experience), and Win XP in particular, but this is my first gaming console, so forgive me if I am asking naive questions!

The Xbox is limited in what it can see, and use. Your correct the X-Box to my knowledge can only be connected to one pc at a time. Also you need windows media center to not normal XP to view video files!
post #76 of 1628 Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM

SOWK, thanks for the reply! Much appreciated!!
post #77 of 1628 Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 PM

I've connected my Xbox 360 to Panasonic pt-ae900. Games look amazing with it, but every DVD I put in is severely distorted. Broad red horizontal lines are jumping up and down the screen.
The same movie-dvds work fine on my regular DVD-player through the PJ.
Anybody know what causes this? De-interlacing? It's really unwatchable this way...
post #78 of 1628 Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

The Xbox is limited in what it can see, and use. Your correct the X-Box to my knowledge can only be connected to one pc at a time. Also you need windows media center to not normal XP to view video files!

True, however I did notice this. You can have the x360 connected to a MCE computer and an XP (running Media Connect) computer at the same time.
post #79 of 1628 Old 12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
I cannot get my X Box to stay in HD mode. During setup if I chose 1080 or 720 it makes the change and the "Do I want to keep this screen" comes up and I highlite Yes and press select it skips right back to 480i. I have the component plugged into my HD Pioneer plasma.

Also, now that I am out of the setup mode how do I get back into it to try tore set the HD again.

Thanks for any help. I just got this a few hours ago so Im green
post #80 of 1628 Old 12-17-2005, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

There's a switch on the component cable that connects to the XBOX360. Did you make sure it's switched to "HDTV"?
post #81 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmufador View Post

I've connected my Xbox 360 to Panasonic pt-ae900. Games look amazing with it, but every DVD I put in is severely distorted. Broad red horizontal lines are jumping up and down the screen.
The same movie-dvds work fine on my regular DVD-player through the PJ.
Anybody know what causes this? De-interlacing? It's really unwatchable this way...

Maybe a little more info:
Xbox is connected to PJ using component. Xbox is set to 720p. Panny 900 is a native 720p PJ. I really want to watch DVDs with the Xbox360: the picture is a lot sharper. The artefacts make it unwatchable though. Plz help...

(I'm posting this in a Panny 900-thread as well)
post #82 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger View Post

I cannot get my X Box to stay in HD mode. During setup if I chose 1080 or 720 it makes the change and the "Do I want to keep this screen" comes up and I highlite Yes and press select it skips right back to 480i. I have the component plugged into my HD Pioneer plasma.

Also, now that I am out of the setup mode how do I get back into it to try tore set the HD again.

Thanks for any help. I just got this a few hours ago so Im green

The HDTV switch on the cable should help, make sure it is in the HDTV position.

You could also use VGA, to get 1:1 mapping. (VGA has no little switch on the cord.)

To get back to the resolutions tab...

Take out all games... (there is a way to do this with the game in)
boot up the X-box 360...
The dashboard comes up...
Far tab to the right...
Find Video Settings...

If Componet

480P
720P
1080I

If VGA

Set to your plasma's native resolution.

-SOWK
post #83 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 10:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks guys Im up and running. At this point I can only enjoy the content on the internal HD. I thought this came with a game but it does not. I just ordered a racing sim 2nd day so I can have something to check out asap.
Do you have to have a memory card to play a game with this. I remember on the some of the other it was manditory. If so Illl have order one over night so I can get going. Ive been away from councel gaming for years. Ive got some catching up to do.

Thanks again.
post #84 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Alan, you can save games on your HD.
No memory card needed....

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #85 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 04:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysersose View Post

Alan, you can save games on your HD.
No memory card needed....

Thanks, this is good news
post #86 of 1628 Old 12-18-2005, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Hexic HD is included with the hard drive if you got the premium system. You can also download free demos from Marketplace if you have XBOX Live (Gold or Silver). They can help pass the time until you get the game in the mail.
post #87 of 1628 Old 12-19-2005, 08:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Tabasco, non premium
post #88 of 1628 Old 12-19-2005, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you have the core system, then you will need to buy a memory card or the hard drive to save games. Unfortunately, the core system as is does not save games, as far as I understand it.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #89 of 1628 Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM

OK, I'm having lots of problems with freezing and weirdness and I've only had the 360 for 1 day.

The weirdest one, which I haven't seen mentioned, is a graphical glitch that I've experienced in both the Madden 06 demo and the full version of Kameo.

Difficult to describe, so I took pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smorty71/75776877/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smorty71/75776960/

Any ideas as to what is causing this? It is a weird series of bands that radiate out from a single point in the screen. In Kameo it was even more jumbled up (as if there were several of these things radiating from different places).
post #90 of 1628 Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 PM

Sorry man, time to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Looks like you got a dud.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page