General XBox 360 problem Thread: - Page 53 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 1628 Old 08-01-2011, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am curious what you got if you opted for MS to send you a console, and you just put your broken one in the box the replacement came in.

I opted for repair, as my console is a "Jasper" (whoop-dee-doo apparently) - but I didn't want to get one of the older models that break even more often.

If you've opted for the "advanced replacement" option instead of repair recently, I want to know what chipset Xbox you got sent to you. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1628 Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM

Hello all I'm not sure if this is the right forum section but I have an issue and looking to get some direction. I have a 61" Samsung DLP, rear projection, about 4 years old. I have it connected to an Xbox 360 - the new version, slim black. Anyways I've had Xbox's for years and am fully aware of all of their problems but this is new. When my son plays through Xbox Live the entire screen on the TV flashes red. It doesn't flood out the image but it hues everything red. The flashing will occur randomly and can begin as soon as he connects to Xbox Live or after a few minutes of play. I'm blaming the Xbox because none of the other devices; HD box or blue ray player will cause the same problem. Any suggestions?
post #1563 of 1628 Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDay View Post

Hello all I'm not sure if this is the right forum section but I have an issue and looking to get some direction. I have a 61" Samsung DLP, rear projection, about 4 years old. I have it connected to an Xbox 360 - the new version, slim black. Anyways I've had Xbox's for years and am fully aware of all of their problems but this is new. When my son plays through Xbox Live the entire screen on the TV flashes red. It doesn't flood out the image but it hues everything red. The flashing will occur randomly and can begin as soon as he connects to Xbox Live or after a few minutes of play. I'm blaming the Xbox because none of the other devices; HD box or blue ray player will cause the same problem. Any suggestions?

Aside from the obvious; switching HDMI cables or inputs, nothing. Beyond that, considering you've had previous consoles, one could only deduce that you got a defective unit.
post #1564 of 1628 Old 08-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Aside from the obvious; switching HDMI cables or inputs, nothing. Beyond that, considering you've had previous consoles, one could only deduce that you got a defective unit.

The odd thing it only happens when he plays on Xbox Live. He can play the campaigns and the issue doesn't come up. I should have mentioned it is connected via components and not HDMI. Maybe a firmware issue with the TV?
post #1565 of 1628 Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDay View Post

The odd thing it only happens when he plays on Xbox Live. He can play the campaigns and the issue doesn't come up. I should have mentioned it is connected via components and not HDMI. Maybe a firmware issue with the TV?

Is the Xbox connected via a router, wirelessly, or other? I'm thinking more along the lines of the internet connection than the TV, given the circumstances surrounding the issue.
post #1566 of 1628 Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM

Yes, its connected via a wireless router. Thanks for the feedback. Either way I'm going to do a firm ware update - if available for the TV. I'll post if anything changes.
post #1567 of 1628 Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM

Can anyone recommend a power inverter for the car to power an Xbox 360? I've tried up to a 700 watt converter and no joy. Anyone know of one particular inverter (make and model #) that works and tested? Please advise if you know one to recommend!!!

Thanks,
Tom
post #1568 of 1628 Old 08-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Hello, I have a problem.

I have connected an hdmi cable from my xbox to my projector and the image worlds great. I also connected an hdmi AV cable and optical adaptor so that I could connect the xbox sound to my home theatre sound system using digital optical cable. The problem is: the sound comes out of the projector speaker, through the hdmi cable, instead of the optical cable into my sound system.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
post #1569 of 1628 Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:

Hello, I have a problem.

I have connected an hdmi cable from my xbox to my projector and the image worlds great. I also connected an hdmi AV cable and optical adaptor so that I could connect the xbox sound to my home theatre sound system using digital optical cable. The problem is: the sound comes out of the projector speaker, through the hdmi cable, instead of the optical cable into my sound system.

Thanks

I had a similar issue when I purchased the Xbox. The solution I came up with was the cord that will allow you to plug the xbox into a computer monitor. The cord has a seperate optical output and a vga connector. Then of your projector is dvi, just by an adapter, should work well for you!
post #1570 of 1628 Old 08-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epstinator View Post

Hello, I have a problem.

Thanks

The second HDMI cable and the optical cable are they going from the projector into your home theater system? I think you need to disconnect the optical cable or the HDMI. The HDMI cable does both audio and video so the optical cable shouldn't be necessary.
post #1571 of 1628 Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 AM

Hey guys, Problem:

I have an Xbox Elite system with a Mitsubishi DLP, about 4 years old. I just picked up the new Denon AVR-2112 receiver. Watching Blu Rays and TV, everything is fine. However when playing Xbox, The picture and sound go out on it for a split second randomly. There are times when I can play for an hour and all is good til it acts up. Then there are times when it acts up right away. I have it hooked up via HDMI to the Denon.

Before the Denon, when I was using my old Yamaha, this problem didn't exist. It's only happening with the Denon and I can't figure it out. I've ordered brand new HDMI cables on Amazon thinking that *might* be the problem being these HDMI cables might be 1.1 or 1.2?

I'm grasping at straws for a fix. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advanced...
post #1572 of 1628 Old 09-11-2011, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by movie_mike1 View Post

Hey guys, Problem:

I have an Xbox Elite system with a Mitsubishi DLP, about 4 years old. I just picked up the new Denon AVR-2112 receiver. Watching Blu Rays and TV, everything is fine. However when playing Xbox, The picture and sound go out on it for a split second randomly. There are times when I can play for an hour and all is good til it acts up. Then there are times when it acts up right away. I have it hooked up via HDMI to the Denon.

Before the Denon, when I was using my old Yamaha, this problem didn't exist. It's only happening with the Denon and I can't figure it out. I've ordered brand new HDMI cables on Amazon thinking that *might* be the problem being these HDMI cables might be 1.1 or 1.2?

I'm grasping at straws for a fix. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advanced...

Time to start troubleshooting:

1.) Try a different HDMI cable (you are well on your way to that....). This will tell you if the HDMI cable is the problem.
2.) Try a different HDMI input. This will tell you if that particular input is the problem.
3.) Try component cables. This will tell you if the HDMI in/out is a problem. If it is, then connect another HDMI piece of equipment to the receiver to see if it is the receiver or the Xbox causing the HDMI problem.
4.) Check the settings on your 2112. Start here if you need help: http://batpigworld.com/
5.) Re-check your Xbox's display settings. Try other options to see if the issue goes away.

FYI: monoprice.com is the go-to place for lots o' people on this forum for HDMI cables if you are looking for a place to buy quality HDMI cables for cheap.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #1573 of 1628 Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a question.

There are three different settings for the black level. Which one should be used when connecting via component?
post #1574 of 1628 Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 43
For gaming what curve do you use...just curious..."audyssey" or Audyssey flat"....For HT I use "audyssey but I believe for gaming Audyssey flat may be better...can't decide LOL!!

Klipsch RF82II Fronts & Wides
Klipsch RC64II Center
Klipsch RB61II Heights & Surrounds
2X Elemental design 15" subs W/ O-audio amps
Denon 4311ci
2X Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung D8000 64"
Denon 3313 UBD
Full GIK treatments

New theater under construction!
post #1575 of 1628 Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone ever have a bad power brick? I think the one that came with my Gears console is bad. Haven't even powered up the console yet, and the light on the brick is RED. It goes red even when not plugged into the console. (Starts orange but goes red after a few minutes.) That can't be right, can it? Just making sure before mailing it for an exchange.

bg
post #1576 of 1628 Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Anyone ever have a bad power brick? I think the one that came with my Gears console is bad. Haven't even powered up the console yet, and the light on the brick is RED. It goes red even when not plugged into the console. (Starts orange but goes red after a few minutes.) That can't be right, can it? Just making sure before mailing it for an exchange.

I remember a few years ago when MS sent out replacement bricks for older Xbox's. But I've never had a problem with the power brick. Just to clarify, did you try to start up the console to see if it works? How long have you had the console? Maybe you can just take it back and exchange it. Did you call Xbox and what did they tell you?
post #1577 of 1628 Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I went through the troubleshooting steps on xbox site, and it ends up pointing to a bad power brick. I'm sending it in for a replacement.

I tend to set up my new consoles and run out of time before I even power them up. So it'll be days later that I actually sit down and power it up and run through the initial setup. This one caught me cuz I can see easily the light on the brick and noticed that it was red, whereas the others stayed orange. I didn't want to risk anything with the console, since I suspect the brick is bad. But I did learn that it won't power up with the brick showing a red light.

bg
post #1578 of 1628 Old 11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I sent my XBOX 4Gb Slim on Tuesday 11/22 and got a notification on 11/26 that a replacement is shipping on 11/28. Should have it back by 12/1. Yeah for the quick turnaround, i'm presuming its a ready to go refurb.

Are we having fun yet?
post #1579 of 1628 Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRocha View Post

I sent my XBOX 4Gb Slim on Tuesday 11/22 and got a notification on 11/26 that a replacement is shipping on 11/28. Should have it back by 12/1. Yeah for the quick turnaround, i'm presuming its a ready to go refurb.

10 days is pretty quick. MS is getting good at this, having shipped out hundreds of thousands of replacements. I'm certain they have an entire warehouse full of refurbs. (Yes, even Slims do fail.) Hope your refurb turns out OK! Good luck.
post #1580 of 1628 Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRocha View Post

On the UPS truck and will be delivered today. I'll fire it up tomorrow and test it out over the weekend.

Need to find good instructions to transfer my data from the Arcade i'm using. The slim was my nephews he got in May. I traded to him another 360 I had, so this one is now mine, all mine. Hope I can do it nice and easy.

Update: XBOX received, manufacture July 2011 (previous was April 2011). Fired it up, connected to XBL, recovered Gamertag and its working like a CHAMP. Thumbs up to MS for the quick and hassle free repair & return!

Are we having fun yet?
post #1581 of 1628 Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 AM

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me in a few days i have to change my wireless modem so i was wondering after i put the modem in will i have to change anyting in my Xbox Live setup or on my laptop and if i do could you explain how i would do that 'because im not very good with problems like this

thanks for the help
post #1582 of 1628 Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek666 View Post

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me in a few days i have to change my wireless modem so i was wondering after i put the modem in will i have to change anyting in my Xbox Live setup or on my laptop and if i do could you explain how i would do that 'because im not very good with problems like this

thanks for the help

I think the only thing you need to do is make sure your Xbox and laptop are turned off before turning on the new modem. You might even consider disconnecting the ethernet wire. Once you turn the modem on and all the lights are green or blinking green like they are supposed too, then turn on the Xbox and check to see if it has an internet connection. If you have a problem call your cable/dsl company's tech support.
post #1583 of 1628 Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Is anyone else having Netflix problems on their 360? I get an error message when I try to play most shows that there are problems with my network connection, error code R8211 or some BS. I saw a thread about this on Xbox forums with other users complaining as well, and just wondered if anyone on AVS has had the problem. Needless to say, nothing is wrong with my network as everything except Netflix works.

EDIT: Streaming through my macbook doesn't work either, it hangs up as its loading the shows. Pretty sure they are having server problems or something. My patience is wearing thin with Netflix.
post #1584 of 1628 Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 PM

Hi, I have a problem trying to get my xbox 360 to work on my projector (panasonic ae700). The xbox worked great on my plasma tv (720p) but when I connect it to the projector via HDMI, I get no signal at all. When I routed through a receiver, I can actually hear the sound but no image. I thought it's the receiver's problem at first, so I tried to connect the xbox directly to the projector. Still no image. Does the length of the HDMI cable make any difference? I apologize if this has been answered before. I couldn't go through all the pages in the thread. Thanks for your help.
post #1585 of 1628 Old 01-29-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoo729 View Post

Does the length of the HDMI cable make any difference?

It certainly can..what length cable are you using? What output resolution do you have the Xbox set at, and does the projector support it?

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #1586 of 1628 Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoo729 View Post

Hi, I have a problem trying to get my xbox 360 to work on my projector (panasonic ae700). The xbox worked great on my plasma tv (720p) but when I connect it to the projector via HDMI, I get no signal at all. When I routed through a receiver, I can actually hear the sound but no image. I thought it's the receiver's problem at first, so I tried to connect the xbox directly to the projector. Still no image. Does the length of the HDMI cable make any difference? I apologize if this has been answered before. I couldn't go through all the pages in the thread. Thanks for your help.

Although no maximum length for an HDMI cable is specified, signal attenuation (dependent on the cable's construction quality and conducting materials) limits usable lengths in practice.[65] HDMI 1.3 defines two cable categories: Category 1-certified cables, which have been tested at 74.5 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 720p60 and 1080i60), and Category 2-certified cables, which have been tested at 340 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 1080p60 and 2160p30).[62][66][67] Category 1 HDMI cables are marketed as "Standard" and Category 2 HDMI cables as "High Speed".[1] This labeling guideline for HDMI cables went into effect on October 17, 2008.[68][69] Category 1 and 2 cables can either meet the required parameter specifications for interpair skew, far-end crosstalk, attenuation and differential impedance, or they can meet the required nonequalized/equalized eye diagram requirements.[66] A cable of about 5 meters (16 ft) can be manufactured to Category 1 specifications easily and inexpensively by using 28 AWG (0.081 mm²) conductors.[65] With better quality construction and materials, including 24 AWG (0.205 mm²) conductors, an HDMI cable can reach lengths of up to 15 meters (49 ft).[65] Many HDMI cables under 5 meters of length that were made before the HDMI 1.3 specification can work as Category 2 cables, but only Category 2-tested cables are guaranteed to work.[70]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

In practical terms, today, for distances 50 feet and shorter, even economical HDMI cables are usually reliable at 720p, 1080i and (though this is less consistently so) 1080p. For very short runs--all those 3 and 6 foot cables out there in the world, at least when not being used as part of a much longer signal chain--it's best not to worry about it at all. But for those long runs, the future is still very unclear. Low-cost 50-foot cables which are near their performance limit at 1080p today may not work with 16-bit color 1080p tomorrow.

If you're in the longer-than-50-foot category, it gets dicier. We have had good consistent results with the Series-1 cable out to 100 feet, with reports of no trouble in the great majority of installations. Cable quality starts to be a real concern at these distances, and performance always is hard to predict, especially because the cable that works on one source/display pair may not work on another. There is, unfortunately, no really good way to know what will work without plugging it in.
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articl...n-hdmi-run.htm
post #1587 of 1628 Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM

aztony- i also get the same problem with connecting my xbox elite to my epson 705hd projector. could my problem also be that i would need a category 2 hdmi cable. i have multiple cables and i can not get a signal to save my life! would the v/h sync range for the projector have anything to do with this? or could it be the xbox or cables i am using? ive searched everywhere for a conclusion to this dilemma and i cant seem to find any type of resolution. any help would be great! thanks
post #1588 of 1628 Old 03-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwho View Post

aztony- i also get the same problem with connecting my xbox elite to my epson 705hd projector. could my problem also be that i would need a category 2 hdmi cable. i have multiple cables and i can not get a signal to save my life! would the v/h sync range for the projector have anything to do with this? or could it be the xbox or cables i am using? ive searched everywhere for a conclusion to this dilemma and i cant seem to find any type of resolution. any help would be great! thanks

Sorry, I've never owned a projector and don't know much about them when it comes to connectivity. If you think it might be that you need a category 2 HDMI cable, I suggest you give it a try. If that's not the problem you can always return the cable. I assume you have already contacted Epson and/or Xbox support to find out what the problem could be.

I tried researching your problem online but the only thing I found was from 3 years ago dealing with projectors and the xbox :http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...2104723AAmVBoD

Found this on the Epson website but it deals with the PS3 and the Epson 705HD:
Q:
I connected my Sony PS3 to the projector's HDMI port and I can't see the video displayed. I only hear the audio. What should I do?
A:
Check the following:
Make sure the projector is ON, and the source is set to the HDMI port you are using.

Make sure the PS3 is connected to the HDMI port.

Turn on the PS3 using the power button and hold it for 5 seconds (release the power button after the second beep). Your PS3 should automatically set the projector's native resolution.
post #1589 of 1628 Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 191
I have a home distribution system. I would like to run two xboxs into it. They would be in the same room. The question I have is how do the controls know which one to turn on? I will rarely be playing both at same time. I'm tired of running downstairs to switch out to a different game. thanks for the help.

Migraine24-7

GO BLUE
post #1590 of 1628 Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

I have a home distribution system. I would like to run two xboxs into it. They would be in the same room. The question I have is how do the controls know which one to turn on? I will rarely be playing both at same time. I'm tired of running downstairs to switch out to a different game. thanks for the help.
Migraine24-7

By "controls," do you mean Xbox wireless controllers? If so, you need to sync your controller(s) up to the individual Xbox consoles in order for it/them to work. You could have 1,000,000 consoles sitting right next to each other and the controller would only power up the one it is set up for. (Applies to wireless controllers. A wired controller, or a wireless with a play and charge cable, would obviously only work with the console it is pysically connected to.)

If you're talking about the distribution control(s), then you would have to refer to the manual on how to control multiples of the same type of device. Without the make and model, I would think it impossible for anyone here to answer anyway.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page