Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 1628 Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjyamaha View Post

Recently got a Samsung ES7500 and a new Samsung E5500 home theater. I'm not too knowledgeable about hooking everything up in the ideal manner, and i've hit a road block getting my Xbox sound to come through the home theater. My Xbox is an older model, so no HDMI, just component, so I hooked the red green and blue cables from the Xbox to the component ports on the TV, set the Xbox to HDTV and connected an optical audio cable to the home theater receiver directly from the Xbox, but am not able to get the Xbox sound through the TV. Anyone know what i'm doing incorrectly here? Thank You!

Do you have the audio out from your receiver going to the audio in of your TV? Is there a setting on the receiver or on the TV that you need to change? Like choosing the correct input on the receiver or TV: DVD, TV, AUX, etc... My receiver doesn't have HDMI, so I use the optical audio out adapter from the Xbox to my receiver and the optical audio out from my receiver into the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1628 Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is anyone using the FIOS TV APP? I am restricted to using it only during the day. Nights and weekends are useless due to constant buffering. Have a 75/35 connection to three consoles ti Cat5, which all have the same issue. Port forwared each console without any improvement. Called Verizon and they escalated it to their highest tech support. Stated that the development team is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. That was a month ago. Tried to call Verizon;s highest tech support and only get a voice mail and they never call back. Verizon told me they are not allowed to contact the development team since they are not Verizon employees. Great app when you can watch it. I am tempted to call the director of Verizon Entertainment Services. No support on this app. I am paying for this service. Frustrated!
post #1623 of 1628 Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
So what would I get now if I sent an OG 360 to Microsoft for repair (I'm willing to pay). Just weighing my options and wondering if others have been through this recently. Thanks.

bg
post #1624 of 1628 Old 10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I would just buy a new one. There have been some great deals. Check the deals thread for up to date pricing

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #1625 of 1628 Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

So what would I get now if I sent an OG 360 to Microsoft for repair (I'm willing to pay). Just weighing my options and wondering if others have been through this recently. Thanks.

You'd get a $120 repair bill from MS and a PoS console back in two weeks that would just break down again soon.

Buy a new one and trade that junk into Gamestop.
post #1626 of 1628 Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I would just buy a new one. There have been some great deals. Check the deals thread for up to date pricing

Yep, i snagged one of the new ones on amazon for 180 + a 50 dollar amazon gift card. Used the 50 to preorder BF4
post #1627 of 1628 Old 10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
That's tempting but I don't need a brand new one. Already have a couple of spares. Just don't like throwing things out, so weighing all of my options. Looks like I'll take it to BestBuy to get recycled properly.

bg
post #1628 of 1628 Old 10-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

That's tempting but I don't need a brand new one. Already have a couple of spares. Just don't like throwing things out, so weighing all of my options. Looks like I'll take it to BestBuy to get recycled properly.

Why not take it to Gamestop where they'll give you money for it? (They do take RRoD consoles.)
migraine24-7 likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page