General XBox 360 problem Thread: - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1628 Old 12-02-2005, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
General XBox 360 problem Thread:

Please Direct all problems here. I will try to answer then for you.

Include: Gamertag / Problem / Setup (Ex. cable - HDTV, SDTV)/ Storage area for the System, and Power Supply.

-SOWK


(P.S. - I have at my Disposal for testing.... 2 HDTV LCDs, 3 HD CRT RPTVs, 3 HD Projectors, 2 HD CRT)


Update....

Goodkd's problem was solved.
FIX - Service Menu / Hor. overscan & Vit. overscan modification.

Dkap's problem was solved.
FIX - Purchasing a new Componet Cable with a Optical out that worked.

Geoff9920's problem was solved.
FIX - Buying a Quality Optical Sound Cord.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 1628 Old 12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Member
 
goodkd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1080i only (i.e., no 720p) TV (Toshiba 50HX81). The picture from my xbox360 is shifted up and to the right a little - enough to cut off the tops of the dashbard titles and some game elements (portion of HUD in NFS:MW). The picture quality is awesome, just slightly shifted.


BTW, HD programming from my cable box (sharing the same inout as both go through my reciever) does not have this problem - all top and bottom news and sports tickers appear to be exactly where they should.
goodkd is offline  
post #3 of 1628 Old 12-02-2005, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
This can be a common problem with Analog inputs (and digital for that matter. ) called overscan. It "may" actually not be shifted at all. there is usually less important info (if any in the Bottom or left side of games.)
But here are a couple things to check...

On the Componet Card Cord check to make sure the Switch is in the HDTV position.

Second Check the far right Blade on the Dashboard. Go to System Video Options.
Make sure that 1080i is selected. and (if avail. Widescreen is selected.)

Also some games have a built in Screen Centering Configuration in there option menus. See if there is any in the games you play!


Next if this still doesn't help, plug the Xbox 360 Directly into the TV's 1080i Input. and test this way. If it still happens, and you know a friend with a 360. Have them bring it over and test with theirs. If it fixes it, tell them there is something really cool for them to see outside, and swap the 360's around. lol.

Tell me what you haved tryed, and if anything has worked for you.

Edit - Also if the TV has VGA input, that is probably your best bet to get the best picture, and a centered image.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #4 of 1628 Old 12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Member
 
98PaceCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been waiting for a thread like this! Whenever I try to force my 360 into 720p on my Sony XBR 57 (forget the exact model number, but I can get it if it helps) the screen will crawl upwards about 6 inches, then shift back down to the bottom and start again. Running in 1080i is fine. I have tried my regular xbox in 720p and have had no problems. Any suggestions?
98PaceCar is offline  
post #5 of 1628 Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
This may be a problem with the output of the 360 at 720P then, It seems like the Sony you own can't sync up properly to the 720P signal the Xbox 360 is sending out. You can try some if not all the solutions I provided above to goodkd. Again if your TV has VGA, it may help fix the problem. I don't want to just throw out BUY VGA to everyone. But I know my friend with similar issue that were resolved by this cable. You might want to try the 2nd or third Componet Input if your TV has it. You have an XBR, I assume it is a RPTV. is this correct?

1080i Will actually look better anyhow. I have a friend with a Sony RPTV (not XBR), and his syncs properly to 720P, and 1080i. 1080i is most defiantly a cleaner picture.

Some TV's allow for Hz sync control, not many, but if your TV has one, you can play with some of these settings. Not really recommended. and I have no test Hz to check with other then 60htz.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #6 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Admin - You Should make this a sticky so everyone can post their problems here, and clean up the forum.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #7 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

When I hit the guide button while playing a game amenu slides in from the left side of the screen. From there I hit Y to bring up the dashboard. At this point a different screen slides in from the right which says all unsaved game data....yada yada yada, "Are you sure you want to exit the game" (or whatever)......Yes or no.

When I hit "yes" the menu is freezing, and not sliding back in, and the dashboard doesn't come up. The only remedy is to turn the power off on the console itself.

This happens probably once every 10 times I do it, but it is really annoying. I mean this is brand new, and it should work 100% all the way.


1) Has anyone else had these issues.

2) I think I'm gonna send it back to them and either have them find and fix the bug or give me a new one.

3) Any advice?

Is this with PGR 3 or all games???

There is a link on how to lock up the Xbox360, and going into dashboard mode in PGR 3 is one of them.

Link...

http://www.planetxbox360.com/?view=article&article=567

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #8 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Hmmm I check the time on my blades in PGR3 during the load screen all the time and all I ever get is a slight delay (that attached article says press the guide button during the loading screen.) I've frozen up twice after finishing an event, but that's twice in about fifteen hours of gameplay.

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is offline  
post #9 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Member
 
PapaGeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I go into the guide and change music all the time while pgr3 is loading (online races and offline) and have never experienced any problems whatsoever. the first time i tried, i wasn't actually expecting it to work and was impressed at how smoothly it opens.
PapaGeo is offline  
post #10 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Hmmm I check the time on my blades in PGR3 during the load screen all the time and all I ever get is a slight delay (that attached article says press the guide button during the loading screen.) I've frozen up twice after finishing an event, but that's twice in about fifteen hours of gameplay.

I had it lock up twice, but only when I am trying to play with the Gui (Graphical User Interface) while PGR 3 was running. I will just not us the dashboard while playing PGR3.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #11 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
DKaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A friend has the Pelican component video cables and can't get his digital audio to work. He only gets analog output. He says that he's certain that his receiver is setup corretly as he's using the same optical cable that came from his orig. Xbox. We also walked through his audio setup tab and all seems OK. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA


Edit: I've just read a number of others with the same issue. Sounds like the Pelican adapter is flaky at best.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DKaps is offline  
post #12 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaps View Post

A friend has the Pelican component video cables and can't get his digital audio to work. He only gets analog output. He says that he's certain that his receiver is setup corretly as he's using the same optical cable that came from his orig. Xbox. We also walked through his audio setup tab and all seems OK. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA


Edit: I've just read a number of others with the same issue. Sounds like the Pelican adapter is flaky at best.


When the Xbox 360 is on, Does the red light inside the opical connector light up? If not there is a big problem.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #13 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
DKaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes. He confirmed that the red light can be seen at the adapter and also at the receiver end of the cable when it's connected.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DKaps is offline  
post #14 of 1628 Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaps View Post

Yes. He confirmed that the red light can be seen at the adapter and also at the receiver end of the cable when it's connected.

Is he seting up the receiver correctly? ex. setup DVD to use Optical 1 input. Set the Xbox 360 to Dobly Digital in the System Blade, for digital out, and set the receiver to DVD input. If that doesn't help you may need a new Componet cord.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #15 of 1628 Old 12-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
DKaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update...my friend replaced his Pelican adapter with the Microsoft one and all is well. As others said, the Pelican adapter is a turd.

Dan


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DKaps is offline  
post #16 of 1628 Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ricwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 2,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Xbox 360 is sitting in box until Christmas. (Yes, I know, but that's the deal). Anyway, I have a couple of questions in order to prepare to set it up. I am connecting it to a Syntax 37" LCD HDTV and have a Samsung Ht-WP38 Home theater receiver & speakers.

1) VIDEO: My understanding is that the Xbox 360 comes with HD component cables. Why, then, do they sell separate component cables for the 360? Do I need them or are the supplied cables adequate?

2) AUDIO: The Samsung home theater system has a optical digital input. I assume, the 360 has an optical out, right? So I connect the optical out from the 360 to the optical in on the receiver in order to get the 5.1 audio. But what about the LCD display? I would also like to hear the 5.1 audio from OTA HD broadcasts, so how would I be able to get both the Xbox and the LCD's audio connected so I could hear 5.1 on both devices?

Thanks in advance for your help.
ricwhite is offline  
post #17 of 1628 Old 12-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
 
Kysersose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,504
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:


Admin - You Should make this a sticky so everyone can post their problems here, and clean up the forum.

SOWK... just for you.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Kysersose is offline  
post #18 of 1628 Old 12-04-2005, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Xbox 360 is sitting in box until Christmas. (Yes, I know, but that's the deal). Anyway, I have a couple of questions in order to prepare to set it up. I am connecting it to a Syntax 37" LCD HDTV and have a Samsung Ht-WP38 Home theater receiver & speakers.

1) VIDEO: My understanding is that the Xbox 360 comes with HD component cables. Why, then, do they sell separate component cables for the 360? Do I need them or are the supplied cables adequate?

2) AUDIO: The Samsung home theater system has a optical digital input. I assume, the 360 has an optical out, right? So I connect the optical out from the 360 to the optical in on the receiver in order to get the 5.1 audio. But what about the LCD display? I would also like to hear the 5.1 audio from OTA HD broadcasts, so how would I be able to get both the Xbox and the LCD's audio connected so I could hear 5.1 on both devices?

Thanks in advance for your help.

VIDEO... If you got the Premium Pack, then you wount need to purchase any of componet cables. (aka. the Premium pack comes with the Componet, the Basic does not.) So if you have the basic, then yes, you would want to pick up the componet or VGA adaptor for your HDTV.

SOUND... The Optical out is on the same cord as the video, nearest to the Console. For the second part of your Question... If your tv has Digital Cox or Optical out, then yes you can, as long as you have another input on your receiver that you can use.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #19 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 360 "freezes" or locks up from time to time while playing COD2. When this happens the only thing I can do is power the unit off. I will be in the middle of a mission and the screen freezes and the audio is gone.

Once I power the unit off and restart I am back up running fine again....

Any ideas???
tmackie is offline  
post #20 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
MastaMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had my 360 lock up after playing Kameo for about 2 hours. The main issue is not the freeze itself, but the fact that it corrupted my saved game data. The freeze occurred during a save itself. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

When I manage my saved data from the dashboard it says that the data may be recoverable, but while I am in Kameo I receive a message stating that the data must be deleted.

I usually like autosaves in games, but not if it will corrupt my data . I've had to start over again from square one .
MastaMind is offline  
post #21 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xxThe Deanxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SOWK, thanks for this thread and helping everyone out. Just maybe you can offer me some help.
I currently have a Panasonic AE900U pj and I *had* it connected via component cables joined by two sets of couplers and finally, a Pelican system selector switch. A couple of times while using the 360 my Projector lost the signal and went to the blue screen. I could still hear sound from my speakers.
This also happened once with my DVD player. So I bypassed the Pelican switch and it happened again. I know it isn't the 360 because it happened with the DVD player and now I know it isn't necessarily the switch.
What I'm wondering is if this could now be cable, or coupler related.
Here's how I have it & willing to make the changes but only if someone is pretty sure it's necessary.
I have a set of high quality cables running from the component input on the PJ through my ceiling connected by a set of couplers to another good set of cables. This runs the rest of the way through the ceiling to a wall plate, which is ashamedly, a standard AV wallplate (red,yellow,white composite).
Now the picture quality looks good enough for me not to complain but *could* this be the cause for the signal loss to the projector? If so, how likely?
I hate to invest in 50 feet of cable for nothing.

Thanks.

My New Xbox Live Gamertag: General Hazard
xxThe Deanxx is offline  
post #22 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

My 360 "freezes" or locks up from time to time while playing COD2. When this happens the only thing I can do is power the unit off. I will be in the middle of a mission and the screen freezes and the audio is gone.

Once I power the unit off and restart I am back up running fine again....

Any ideas???


Possibly overheating, I have not had a single problem with COD2 on my Xbox 360. Try this for a week... Pull both the Xbox 360 and the Power supply away from all you current equipment. leave the XBOX 360 on for a while, then go play COD2 for a bit. If it is not happening with it pulled away from the other equipment, it is a overheating issue. Also I heard lifting the Power Supply off the floor for full ventilation helps as well. Other then that - are you trying to go into the Dashboard, or just playing the game.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #23 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post

I had my 360 lock up after playing Kameo for about 2 hours. The main issue is not the freeze itself, but the fact that it corrupted my saved game data. The freeze occurred during a save itself. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

When I manage my saved data from the dashboard it says that the data may be recoverable, but while I am in Kameo I receive a message stating that the data must be deleted.

I usually like autosaves in games, but not if it will corrupt my data . I've had to start over again from square one .

I have not, but try what I just wrote above. Also Clean off the the Hard Drive Connector. Then make sure you seat the HD back into it place firmly.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #24 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gamelover360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orebro, Sweden!!!
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post

I had my 360 lock up after playing Kameo for about 2 hours. The main issue is not the freeze itself, but the fact that it corrupted my saved game data. The freeze occurred during a save itself. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

When I manage my saved data from the dashboard it says that the data may be recoverable, but while I am in Kameo I receive a message stating that the data must be deleted.

I usually like autosaves in games, but not if it will corrupt my data . I've had to start over again from square one .


I have freeze issues and am sending mine in for repair/replacement. It's only when I access those vertically sliding gray menus that come up when you hit the guide button, and not all the time. Bu I refuse to "put up" with this **** after paying all the money. I'm sure that MS will be helpful. I just figured that I mize well just get it doen and get it right.

My system also seems to run hot. The game discs ar ehot when they come out of the tray. Maybe thats normal, but it seems too hot.

This freezing issue is pretty widespread, and if it hasn't happened to you it's probably only a matter of time. Most people will probably just deal with having to power off and restart their console once a day when it freezes, but I refuse to.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gamelover360 is offline  
post #25 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxThe Deanxx View Post

SOWK, thanks for this thread and helping everyone out. Just maybe you can offer me some help.
I currently have a Panasonic AE900U pj and I *had* it connected via component cables joined by two sets of couplers and finally, a Pelican system selector switch. A couple of times while using the 360 my Projector lost the signal and went to the blue screen. I could still hear sound from my speakers.
This also happened once with my DVD player. So I bypassed the Pelican switch and it happened again. I know it isn't the 360 because it happened with the DVD player and now I know it isn't necessarily the switch.
What I'm wondering is if this could now be cable, or coupler related.
Here's how I have it & willing to make the changes but only if someone is pretty sure it's necessary.
I have a set of high quality cables running from the component input on the PJ through my ceiling connected by a set of couplers to another good set of cables. This runs the rest of the way through the ceiling to a wall plate, which is ashamedly, a standard AV wallplate (red,yellow,white composite).
Now the picture quality looks good enough for me not to complain but *could* this be the cause for the signal loss to the projector? If so, how likely?
I hate to invest in 50 feet of cable for nothing.

Thanks.


Ok... I might be able to help. First I wouldn't use a standard AV wallplate. It may or may not have something to do with the Ohms impedance of the jacks. Video is at 75Ohm, and Analog Audio is at another Ohm impedance. If possible plug Directly into one of your cables. (uses the couplers to do this.) And write back and tell me if that fixes it.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
post #26 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
MastaMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

I have not, but try what I just wrote above. Also Clean off the the Hard Drive Connector. Then make sure you seat the HD back into it place firmly.

-SOWK

Unfortunately, if there is an overheating issue, it's not caused by my placement or misuse of the system (not that you stated as much). It is by itself the bottom shelf of my rack (obviously becuase heat rises) with plenty of vintalation. I can try to clean the hard drive connector, but I don't believe that is the culprate. I have never removed it, so the connectors should be free of any obstruction, unless MS shipped it in a damages state. I believe the data corruption was the result of the freeze occuring during a save action, not a bad connection. Thanks for the advice though
MastaMind is offline  
post #27 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You may be right about the overheating... The freezes are happening in the middle of gameplay - usually an hour or more in. I have the 360 horizontally on the top glass shelf of my "open" DLP stand - it has very good air flow, but the adapter is on the wood floor and it makes a "whining" noise from time to time that a good bang on the floor stops.

I will try pulling it out of the stand tonight and letting it run all night.
tmackie is offline  
post #28 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xxThe Deanxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

Ok... I might be able to help. First I wouldn't use a standard AV wallplate. It may or may not have something to do with the Ohms impedance of the jacks. Video is at 75Ohm, and Analog Audio is at another Ohm impedance. If possible plug Directly into one of your cables. (uses the couplers to do this.) And write back and tell me if that fixes it.

-SOWK

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

My New Xbox Live Gamertag: General Hazard
xxThe Deanxx is offline  
post #29 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
DeepFreezed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My system froze once in PG3 menu.....

DVDs are not hot at all when it comes out of the tray.....

I have played it for about 5hrs at stretches without any over heating problems....
DeepFreezed is offline  
post #30 of 1628 Old 12-05-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreezed View Post

My system froze once in PG3 menu.....

DVDs are not hot at all when it comes out of the tray.....

I have played it for about 5hrs at stretches without any over heating problems....


Are you just boasting about your superiority? lol

This info

DVDs are not hot at all when it comes out of the tray.....

is good info to have for some of the people.

BTW mine are above room temperature, but not hot as well.

-SOWK


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOWK is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off