Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #151 of 174 Old 12-18-2005, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i am putting the crow in the microwave....

but i am not going to eat it until i get a shipping confirmation. this simply could be a ploy to lessen the backlash against their CSRs.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 174 Old 12-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did any of you recieve the BB.com email stating that your item has been back ordered?...just got one saying It prob wont ship until 12/23/2005 but they will ship earlier if they recieve it earlier. But that doesn't sound like a for sure thing.

The killing part is...my local best buy still had them all the way until 9:20pm this night and I JUST missed the last one. This best buy had 60 people in line this morning so apparently all of those got a 360 and there were enough to go around until 9/:20PM!!! Had I known this I wouldn't have thought about buying online.

So now I get this back order message after the point which states "if this is a gift call us and we will see if your local best buy has any and they will hold it for you".

Thank you for sending this to me after I could do nothing about it. That was very nice of you...they had plenty of time to get me a damn console...how hard is it to see that I only live 5 miles from a mass shipment.

After I get this console and use up my reward zone points...im done with best buy. I've spent over 6 grand with these punks in the last 4 months...and i done..no more. Hello circuit city.
post #153 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69
i am putting the crow in the microwave....

but i am not going to eat it until i get a shipping confirmation. this simply could be a ploy to lessen the backlash against their CSRs.

Ok, I admit I was a tiny bit scared too yesterday morning when I saw the status go backordered. :D
post #154 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Did any of you recieve the BB.com email stating that your item has been back ordered?...just got one saying It prob wont ship until 12/23/2005 but they will ship earlier if they recieve it earlier. But that doesn't sound like a for sure thing.

The killing part is...my local best buy still had them all the way until 9:20pm this night and I JUST missed the last one. This best buy had 60 people in line this morning so apparently all of those got a 360 and there were enough to go around until 9/:20PM!!! Had I known this I wouldn't have thought about buying online.

So now I get this back order message after the point which states "if this is a gift call us and we will see if your local best buy has any and they will hold it for you".

Thank you for sending this to me after I could do nothing about it. That was very nice of you...they had plenty of time to get me a damn console...how hard is it to see that I only live 5 miles from a mass shipment.

After I get this console and use up my reward zone points...im done with best buy. I've spent over 6 grand with these punks in the last 4 months...and i done..no more. Hello circuit city.

No, I didn't receieve an E-mail saying mine was backordered, I think most of us only saw backordered in the order status from the BB website.
post #155 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 02:59 AM

Little late to the party, but my order now has been changed from Backordered to In Fulfillment as well. :D Sweet. Hopefully we get the shiping email today.

I'm also getting some ingredients together for a light meal of crow, seeing as how I was angry with BB all day yesterday...luckily I keep a couple frozen in the icebox for just such an occasion. :p

I did not get a "backordered" email at any time, by the way.
post #156 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 07:03 AM

Well, apparently I'm the only loser here as mine is still listed as backordered.
post #157 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiv1
Well, apparently I'm the only loser here as mine is still listed as backordered.
Your not alone I am in that boat also. Hopefully it changes today.. As it seems some have.
post #158 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

well, i had good news from my nephew with his groups bb campout. they had 33 people and split the group up to go to 2 local bb. turns out all got an xbox 360, he is a happy camper. :)

One of the chaperones had arranged to have food drinks and also one of those large fuel heaters like you see at the football games on tv. And another father even went as far as to have a generator and brought a 42 inch plasma in the back of his suv and they hooked up a 360 that someone already had and let the kids play games all night.

BUT he did say there was a little trouble and the local police were called in. Turns out the first 5 kids in line were friends and they had camped out only for the sole purpose of selling their spots in line. The police were called and when they were questioned, they found out not one of the 5 had enough money even to buy an xbox if they pooled all five kids money toghether. The 5 had expected to make at least $100 a peice selling their spots and then leave. The police told them they could keep their spots but not sell to anyone. So then the kids just left since they couldn't afford one.

That just shows how BB should have had some oversight of the situation and some kind of BB corporate policy to handle the situation they were casuing. And they should be required to repay the local police for their time and effort. All BB had to do was have a management level employye and a security guard, with a policy like a signup sheet with numbers and it would have been just fine.

just like the BB online fiasco of overselling/backordering/cancelling orders etc. For a company like this it is just not right. Very poor management and marketing, thinking they are getting good will and sales opportunities but actually causing bad will and alianating customers.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #159 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

UPDATE EB came through as I was #8 on the list and I canceled my BB order..
post #160 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1
That just shows how BB should have had some oversight of the situation and some kind of BB corporate policy to handle the situation they were casuing. And they should be required to repay the local police for their time and effort. All BB had to do was have a management level employye and a security guard, with a policy like a signup sheet with numbers and it would have been just fine.

just like the BB online fiasco of overselling/backordering/cancelling orders etc. For a company like this it is just not right. Very poor management and marketing, thinking they are getting good will and sales opportunities but actually causing bad will and alianating customers.
But again, why should Best Buy have to pay the expense of doing something like this? They never told anyone to camp out overnight. If people were to camp out for a week should they be forced to pay for a weeks worth of security? If anyone should be organizing these camp outs it should be Microsoft. But even thats pretty far fetched.

Speaking of far fetched, I'm not quite sure I buy your friends Police story in the first place. Why were they even called? Did someone in line overhear the kids speaking about selling their spot in line? If so did that person call 911? I really doubt the 911 operator would send an officer out over something like this. I've called 911 for things much worse and havn't had an officer sent to me. Also, how could the officer know for sure that's the reason the kids were there? They could easily lie and say "we're buying one". How would the officer know how much money the kids had? They aren't allowed to go though your wallet and count your money. Even if they didn't have cash, how do they know how much they have on their debit, check, or credit cards... how do they know it wasn't pre-paid (I doubt an officer would know BB wasn't doing pre-orders). I'm just saying, your friend might be BS'ing you. But who knows.
post #161 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 02:58 PM

WOOHOO!

Best Buy just sent me my tracking number in E-mail. Mine is on its way!

post #162 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiv1
At least your order wasn't cancelled because bb.com f'd up.
post #163 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

OK here is my Ball Buster Update:

First the good news: YES I got mine today.. EB came through by a hair..

The guy said the got 6 in. This for a Queens Ny store. LOL what a joke... I was #8 two guys must have dropped out..

Here is the best I cancel the Ball Busters order. Free up a slot maybe for some other poor BB smuck. I get my cancel email. Now for the best 4 hours later iI get another email from them and heres what they said:

Dear Best Buy Customer,
Thank you for your Xbox 360 order on BestBuy.com.

Due to high demand, we oversold our limited allocation from Microsoft. Your Xbox 360 is on backorder and will not be available for delivery by December 23. Backorders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were taken when future allocations of the console are received from the supplier.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order, modify the shipping address or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). We will not be able to modify your order to in-store pickup. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Are these guys A-holes or what? I mean come on do they have any idea what is going on. I have to tell you that overselling should not be allowed by them and they should get penalized.. Last time never again with these guys..
post #164 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM

They were just in over their heads. They screwed up and authorized my cc for the amount and then tried to do it again, and of course after the first one I didn't have enough credit. Then they cancelled the order before I changed to my debit card.

Then I got the backordered email. After 5 tries and hours waiting for customer service I'm done trying to order online from anywhere.
post #165 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc03979
They were just in over their heads. They screwed up and authorized my cc for the amount and then tried to do it again, and of course after the first one I didn't have enough credit. Then they cancelled the order before I changed to my debit card.

Then I got the backordered email. After 5 tries and hours waiting for customer service I'm done trying to order online from anywhere.
Oh that was CSR's who we talked to, you could have fooled me..
post #166 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahkaz
But again, why should Best Buy have to pay the expense of doing something like this? They never told anyone to camp out overnight. If people were to camp out for a week should they be forced to pay for a weeks worth of security? If anyone should be organizing these camp outs it should be Microsoft. But even thats pretty far fetched.

Speaking of far fetched, I'm not quite sure I buy your friends Police story in the first place. Why were they even called? Did someone in line overhear the kids speaking about selling their spot in line? If so did that person call 911? I really doubt the 911 operator would send an officer out over something like this. I've called 911 for things much worse and havn't had an officer sent to me. Also, how could the officer know for sure that's the reason the kids were there? They could easily lie and say "we're buying one". How would the officer know how much money the kids had? They aren't allowed to go though your wallet and count your money. Even if they didn't have cash, how do they know how much they have on their debit, check, or credit cards... how do they know it wasn't pre-paid (I doubt an officer would know BB wasn't doing pre-orders). I'm just saying, your friend might be BS'ing you. But who knows.
Because , No BB did not tell anyone to camp out your right. BUT bb did make marketing and adverstising plans along with a corporate decision to hoard/hold whatever xbox 360 stock bb had gotten since the nov 22 original launch date. bb knew due to all the high demand and low supply that people would be doing the campout thing again if bb had this "re-launch" type ploy.

The added expense would have actually gotten bb better feelings and good will rather than bad publicity and poor customer support. Just like if bb had an order system that would not allow overselling those xbox 360 online then people would not have that problem and complaint.

On the police incident, I was told that from my nephew who was camping out with a group. I talked to an adult who helped chaperone that group and he confirmed it. This bb is in a small high income suburb, that has a large tax base that gives them an overly staffed police force with very little crime. They are very attentive and protective of their small suburb city. not like the main metro city here where like you mention you are lucky if the police show up hours later or at all. It was called in not as a 911 emergency but like can you please send an officer when if available. This police force had 3 officers in the parking lot back at the Nov 22 launch. There was 1 16 year old, and the other 4 were younger, it seems 1 or 2 of them had been going up to people as they came into the waiting lines and were trying to pawn off their position at the front of the lines, what gota couple people mad was they told them they didn't have the money to buy one. The officers came and after conferring with the people who called they asked the kids to step out of line to answer some questions. When your 16 and younger you know at least 2-3 of them would pretty much tell the truth when they are questioned/confronted by police authorities. And just like when police ask for something if you allow it they are not violating your rights, these kids didn't have parents or lawyers with them. Look I agree the kids were not doing anything illegal the police did not say they were gonna arrest them, they just asked the boys to leave since there is a local curfew for kids and they did not have a chaperone. They did not search them the police just asked them if they had the cash or parents credit card to buy the xboxes. The officers told them they could stay and keep their positions at front of the line if they actually wanted to buy a xbox 360 when bb opened.

IF BB had a signup sheet so you could not sell your place in line this would never happened. just pointing out that if a company knows something like the campouts were probably going to happen they do have some sort of corporate responsibility.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #167 of 174 Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkout
Still stand by this statement? ;)

OK here i go. mmmm thats good crow, its a bit bitter....

anyways i got a shipping confirmation with a tracking number. but im not yet sure if ill be giving best buy any more of my business.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/85500/85630OTvs_w.jpg

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #168 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69
OK here i go. mmmm thats good crow, its a bit bitter....

anyways i got a shipping confirmation with a tracking number. but im not yet sure if ill be giving best buy any more of my business.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/85500/85630OTvs_w.jpg

I don't deal with Best Buy if I don't have to either but this was a special circumstance. Mine will be here tomorrow according to UPS. Happy 360 gaming man. :D
post #169 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 03:13 AM

Mine was shipped 12/19 as well. Should be here by tomorrow. Aw Yeeeaaah! :D

Here's to hoping the rest of the backordered folks get the same shipping emails ASAP!
post #170 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

I camped out saturday/sunday to get one, it was fun until about 3 am when everyone feel asleep......so then I went to my nice warm car to get some rest. Around 4 am all hell broke lose as 5 younger punks tried to jump the entire line and stand directly in front of the door. People argued and yelled, cops were called, problem was solved. From that point on everyone was awake and ready to pounce. We got our tickets at 7 am and was told to pick up our sytems before 9 am or else we lose our spots. We were ushered in, picked up our sytems and whatever else we needed, ushered to teh front to pay, and hten left. I have been playing non stop since then with no issues....thanks to the video game gods. :D
I didnt mind the wait, but I did not plan on waiting. In fact, I didnt really want the system this early. But the urge was to great, and the line was getting longer, so we jumped in in. I am glad walmart was across the street to supply me with warm clothes, food, and a tent :p
post #171 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 AM

I got mine on Sunday too. I was in line with two friends, and it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.(Chicago winter) We picked up the store that received the highest number of systems (Chicago area) and got there at 12:30 pm on Saturday. The actual line started at 4:30pm on Sat., we joined the 1st guy at 5:30, I was 4th in line. From what other ppl were saying, another bby store in the area had a line that started at 9am on sat. so I guess we were “luckyâ€.

Now, I have to say that best buy management absolutely sucks, and I hate that store even more than before. I just don’t get the thought process that goes over there. That store was going to receive over 100 360’s. In the morning guy comes out and gives out only 30 tickets, and there is a line of over 100 ppl that waited all night. Why not just go out and tell everyone, after they close the store on sat how many they have? Do they really think that those ppl will buy something else?? They sure do show how much they care about their customers. I sure feel sorry for everyone that waited and didn’t get anything.

As far as the system, I am very happy with it, played it all day yesterday, no problems at all. Heat wise, I don’t think that system is all that hot. After reading all those posts I expected worse. Maybe I am just used to my pc heating up the room, so the xbox is not that bad :)

Oh yea, who ever invented “heat packs†thank you :)
post #172 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalk
I got mine on Sunday too. I was in line with two friends, and it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.(Chicago winter) We picked up the store that received the highest number of systems (Chicago area) and got there at 12:30 pm on Saturday. The actual line started at 4:30pm on Sat., we joined the 1st guy at 5:30, I was 4th in line. From what other ppl were saying, another bby store in the area had a line that started at 9am on sat. so I guess we were “luckyâ€.

Now, I have to say that best buy management absolutely sucks, and I hate that store even more than before. I just don’t get the thought process that goes over there. That store was going to receive over 100 360’s. In the morning guy comes out and gives out only 30 tickets, and there is a line of over 100 ppl that waited all night. Why not just go out and tell everyone, after they close the store on sat how many they have? Do they really think that those ppl will buy something else?? They sure do show how much they care about their customers. I sure feel sorry for everyone that waited and didn’t get anything.

As far as the system, I am very happy with it, played it all day yesterday, no problems at all. Heat wise, I don’t think that system is all that hot. After reading all those posts I expected worse. Maybe I am just used to my pc heating up the room, so the xbox is not that bad :)

Oh yea, who ever invented “heat packs†thank you :)
Glad to see you got it. as far as BB goes just look around here to see how the screwed so many of us.. Last time BB!
post #173 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Michalk, first off - be afraid, be very afraid - of letting your 360 near any other heat source - even your AV receiver or the TV might be bad. I've had my 360 sitting on top of my DVD player (d'oh.. don't ask, I know!!) which is not a hot furnace by any stretch, and yesterday, I switched on my 360 after a few hours of watching movies on my DVD, and the 360's ring-o-light flashed red.. :eek: I quickly turned off the DVD player and the console, and immediately stood up the console vertically to allow max airflow. I let things cool down for 15-20 minutes before plugging the console in again.

So, beware of heat sources in the vicinity of the 360.

Actually, my experience with my local best buy has been completely positive. The manager went to great lengths to make the wait in the line bearable. He had free coffee and donuts for people in line, he had a projector beaming up 360 games on a 200" screen and let people play games during the night.. and he even played movies for people who might care to watch "War of the Worlds"..

I guess just as with any business entity, best buy has its share of good and bad managers.
post #174 of 174 Old 12-20-2005, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj
Michalk, first off - be afraid, be very afraid - of letting your 360 near any other heat source - even your AV receiver or the TV might be bad. I've had my 360 sitting on top of my DVD player (d'oh.. don't ask, I know!!) which is not a hot furnace by any stretch, and yesterday, I switched on my 360 after a few hours of watching movies on my DVD, and the 360's ring-o-light flashed red.. :eek: I quickly turned off the DVD player and the console, and immediately stood up the console vertically to allow max airflow. I let things cool down for 15-20 minutes before plugging the console in again.

So, beware of heat sources in the vicinity of the 360.

Actually, my experience with my local best buy has been completely positive. The manager went to great lengths to make the wait in the line bearable. He had free coffee and donuts for people in line, he had a projector beaming up 360 games on a 200" screen and let people play games during the night.. and he even played movies for people who might care to watch "War of the Worlds"..

I guess just as with any business entity, best buy has its share of good and bad managers.
Hey don't forget it is a lot warmer where you are then here in the Northeast.. Nice to see though some BB people actually care..
Closed Thread Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page