Controller charging - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which 360 controller charging system/kit are u guys using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 08:51 AM

I use the plug and play kit from Microsoft, works great.
post #3 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post

I use the plug and play kit from Microsoft, works great.

Same.

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
post #4 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 08:56 AM

I'm using a rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. I got them from Lowe's. The charger holds 4 batteries and I have 4 more (2 each) in my controllers. They last for several days up to two weeks depending on how often you play and when they get low I switch them out with a pair that's fully charged from the charger in about the time it takes to load a new map. The batteries can always be used for something else and it's cheaper this way, especially if you have more then 2 controllers and need to have charged batteries ready to go at all times.
post #5 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I used the plug and play kit for a while but got the quick charge kit from Buy.com during the $20 off google checkout period.

I like using the Quick charge kit now--this way the fan on the 360 doesn't stay on when I'm not using it. I hope this wil extend the life of my 360.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: MisterxboxNJ
post #6 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNJ View Post

I like using the Quick charge kit now--

Same here.

"The dfference between men & boys is the cost of their high-tech toys!" :)
post #7 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 09:20 AM

quick charge kit for me. N+1 batteries where N = # of controllers
post #8 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 AM

Quick Charge MS kit plugged into my HTPC for me. Its always on anyway, and with the HTPC i can get the light to turn green meaning fully charged, where when its plugged into the 360, it never turns green for me, just constantly red.
post #9 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I got the plug and play kit. When I need to charge it, I can just plug it into my laptop which is about a foot away from me. So I can still play wirelessly while the battery is charging.
post #10 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Do NOT buy the Nyko charge kit.

I had it and the first battery worked all right but the second one wouldn't even be acknowledged. Then I went online and saw scores and scores of problems with them.

I then went to buy the Microsoft charge station and an extra battery. I regret buying the extra battery because I've played it for hours and hours and still haven't been through the first one. I think I could stand to charge it up every once in a while instead of needing the instant gratification switch.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #11 of 29 Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
AFH
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyhigh View Post

I'm using a rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. I got them from Lowe's. The charger holds 4 batteries and I have 4 more (2 each) in my controllers. They last for several days up to two weeks depending on how often you play and when they get low I switch them out with a pair that's fully charged from the charger in about the time it takes to load a new map. The batteries can always be used for something else and it's cheaper this way, especially if you have more then 2 controllers and need to have charged batteries ready to go at all times.

I do the same thing. I got my batteries and charger from BB.

"I'm going to call them scallywags" - Ollie

Xbox Live: Stunt1on1
post #12 of 29 Old 12-27-2006, 06:48 PM

I just use rechargeable AA batteries. I have a bunch anyways and I don't see the point in paying more just for a proprietary overpriced battery pack.
post #13 of 29 Old 12-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Plug and play here. I charge it on my desktop PC. Never on my xbox360. It already takes enough abuse from playing GOW. don't want to leave it on when it's not running.

On the same line, is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller on PC? I know that MS markets the wired controller for the PC. When I charge it on my desktop, the computer detects new hardware. I just don't have the drivers for it.
post #14 of 29 Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uegis View Post

On the same line, is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller on PC? I know that MS markets the wired controller for the PC. When I charge it on my desktop, the computer detects new hardware. I just don't have the drivers for it.

Yes, they have drivers on their site. Also, they make a receiver for the wireless one as well.
post #15 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Plug and play here. I charge it on my desktop PC. Never on my xbox360. It already takes enough abuse from playing GOW. don't want to leave it on when it's not running. ......

Just a note here, not sure if you know this or not, but you don't have to leave your xbox on to charge using the plug and play kit.

I just leave the plug part plugged into the xbox, and then when needed, just connect the controller to the charger plug and turn the xbox off. The xbox goes into a sleep type mode, where power is still coming into it for the charger part, but nothing else is powered. But then once the controller is at full charge, the power automatically shuts off and the xbox goes completely down. It works out very well.
post #16 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller on PC? I know that MS markets the wired controller for the PC. When I charge it on my desktop, the computer detects new hardware. I just don't have the drivers for it.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802337

The Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver---set to ship 2/6/07 according to ebgames (not always a great source for release dates).

"Gamers can get the most out of current and future Xbox 360 wireless accessories with the new Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. By plugging the compact receiver into a USB 2.0 port on the PC, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel can be used on a second platform."

Xbox 360 Gamertag: MisterxboxNJ
post #17 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Stump, I believe there is always power going to the USB ports. My USB hard drive always recieves power from them.

/ 

post #18 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 AM

quick charge kit...but i end up charging it via my lapttop most of the time becuase it is closer and i dont' feel the cord is streched across the room...

--Corey
post #19 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 AM

I use Sony brand 2500 mAh rechargeable AA's. They work great. They were cheaper than the proprietary options and I use them for my Wiimotes and digital camera as well.

They seem to last just as long as my old MS rechargeable battery did too.
post #20 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 AM

I use the Play & Charge Kit by Microsoft and the USB is plugged into my iPod wall charger, so if my Xbox 360 and my PC is off I can charge it on the wall. Mainly when I'm sleeping I charge it, so it's fresh the next day.
post #21 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Stump, I believe there is always power going to the USB ports. My USB hard drive always recieves power from them.

My guess is that if the xbox senses a load, it will leave power to the usb ports on. If it doesn't, it will shut power to the usb ports off. I noticed this trying to plug the play and charge in while the xbox was off, no charge light. If I power it up and then shut it off while the play and charge is attached, the light stays on.

I use both the play and charge kit and rechargeable AA's. I had the rechargable AA's first then my brother picked me up a play and charge kit from the MS employee store.
post #22 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridgNYC View Post

My guess is that if the xbox senses a load, it will leave power to the usb ports on. If it doesn't, it will shut power to the usb ports off. I noticed this trying to plug the play and charge in while the xbox was off, no charge light. If I power it up and then shut it off while the play and charge is attached, the light stays on.

I use both the play and charge kit and rechargeable AA's. I had the rechargable AA's first then my brother picked me up a play and charge kit from the MS employee store.

The following quote is from the MS / xbox website:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...ychargekit.htm

Quote:

Charge While You Rest
If you leave your wireless controller connected to the charge cable after turning off your console, the console will continue to charge the controller's battery pack while the charge cable light glows red and the console fans run.

Once the battery pack is fully charged, the charge cable light and fans will turn off.

post #23 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 06:53 PM

I use the Play and Charge. However, I have the cable plugged into my Motorola 3416 which is always on and use it to charge so the 360 doesn't have to stay on while charging.

Xbox Live Gamertag: aron23
post #24 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought Play and Charge kit because you can actually use the computer to charge the controllers up also.

post #25 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNJ View Post

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802337

The Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver---set to ship 2/6/07 according to ebgames (not always a great source for release dates).

"Gamers can get the most out of current and future Xbox 360 wireless accessories with the new Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. By plugging the compact receiver into a USB 2.0 port on the PC, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel can be used on a second platform."

Slightly OT, but this was planned to ship a few days after Xmas, but it got delayed. I'm dissappointed, because I really am looking foward to playing Trackmania with my wireless Xbox 360 controller.
post #26 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use the Play & Charge kit. It works great for me. I got it included as a bonus when I bought my 360.
post #27 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 PM

check this out ....http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go...=15&s_cata=282 i paid $3.45 with shipping for that using GC

GT: ZIZO79
post #28 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Garbage. Please see my earlier post.

/ 

post #29 of 29 Old 01-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Plug-n-play for a few months until the quick charge kit came out.

Wokisan
AVS /
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page