Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The movie was crap...

too much love story, and the kid idea was plain crap....

Superman 4: Adventures in Babysitting

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 01-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

This was my first rental from the XBL marketplace and probably my last since it took quite awhile to finish. So to those who have downloaded content in the past, mind telling me if fast forward is even possible? Reason I'm asking is because once I FF through the opening credits and such and then hit play, I get an error code of unsupported file and is unable to play. The download is complete, that I'm sure of.
post #33 of 40 Old 01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 View Post

This was my first rental from the XBL marketplace and probably my last since it took quite awhile to finish. So to those who have downloaded content in the past, mind telling me if fast forward is even possible? Reason I'm asking is because once I FF through the opening credits and such and then hit play, I get an error code of unsupported file and is unable to play. The download is complete, that I'm sure of.

someone screwed up at Microsoft when loading the HD version earlier this week. The download speeds have been almost static. Nobody noticed it until yesterday so it's now been pulled until they can fix it. I was 30% through (after 14 hours) when I pulled the plug.

You've got a common problem if it's the "Unplayable Content Status Code: 69-00-80070057" and the only solution so far ... call support for a refund.

Someone should get fired for this.

post #34 of 40 Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like this HD download service has a long way to to. I'm not touching an HD movie DL til the speeds get better.
post #35 of 40 Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post

Honestly if you don't like it thats fair but others did so don't trample on what could be their favourite movie, Its my favorite superman movie. I saw all of the originals when I was young, grew up watching lois and clark, and following smallville religously since it started, its a new superman so don't crap on it cause it wasn't your bag of tea.

Trample on it? Since when is offering an opinion about a movie trampling on it? So no one is allowed to negatively review a movie on the side chance that someone out their loved it?
This isn't a case of not being my bag of tea. The movie was weak. If you love it it's for your own reasons but honestly admit looking back on it that it isn't that great of a film.
There are several movies that I like personally but I would never admit they are a great piece of filmmaking. And that is going to be the case here.
I am a Superman fan. If you can't please me, you have a problem.
I don't understand the trampling thing, it's an odd statement. THis isn't religion and politics here, it's movies and opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.
post #36 of 40 Old 01-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

someone screwed up at Microsoft when loading the HD version earlier this week. The download speeds have been almost static. Nobody noticed it until yesterday so it's now been pulled until they can fix it. I was 30% through (after 14 hours) when I pulled the plug.

You've got a common problem if it's the "Unplayable Content Status Code: 69-00-80070057" and the only solution so far ... call support for a refund.

Someone should get fired for this.

That is the exact error code I received. Also just to mention, this is the error code for fast forwarding, be it a chapter or speeding it up which ends up rendering it unplayable. "69-00-C00D3E84"
I was able to finish 100% of it but during the scene which I'll label as the "hospital visit", a loud screech sound went off and it stopped immediately.

This was my first HD rental and I have got to say that it was quite clean but still room for improvement. Some scenes were a bit too soft for my liking but hands down looked better than the SD-DVD counterpart which runs in at about the same file size as this one.
post #37 of 40 Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton View Post

I Never said that the Movie was trash, it's just not very good. It's Medicore at best with a couple of shining moments.

That is how I felt about it too. I'm not a huge Superman fan. I like superhero movies, and love any good movie. I felt that Superman returns was just a paint-by-numbers affair. I don't mind that it was a love story. No movie should jsut be about action or special effects. Without a human angle, who cares? But the drama was just flat.

I haven't watched much Smallville. It is too much teen angst for me. But the characters are alive. The drama works. And Michael Rosenbaum is brilliant as a conflicted man destined for terrible things. I don't know if it is the writing or the acting, but Smallville's Lex is what Star War's Anakin should have been.

I occasionally got up to do chores while watching Superman Returns on DVD. I can't imagine that I will download it to my 360. That said, I am happy MS continues to add content to their service. I hope to use this sort of thing until we know whether HD DVD or Blueray is the winner of the HD battle.
post #38 of 40 Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Well just rang up Microsoft tech support and they issued me a refund and suggested to download the movie again. Kinda glad I got the refund but I won't be downloading this again. It takes way too long than it should and while the service has potential, we need larger hard drives.
post #39 of 40 Old 01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

You want someone to lose their job because you couldn't download Superman.

post #40 of 40 Old 01-05-2007, 02:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton View Post

You want someone to lose their job because you couldn't download Superman.

well let's see ... someone screwed up the biggest studio release on their calender, on a fledgling service, during the biggest retail and holiday season of the year ... yep. It wouldn't fly in my company. It wouldn't happen either because someone would be checking in regularly even on a vacation day to see how the system was performing.

Live is supposed to be monitored 24/7 and it took them three days to notice!

Even when it's apparently fixed, it's still pulling download speeds at dial-up level.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page