Getting sound from XBOX 360 to PC speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 Digital speakers. I am planning on using a VGA cable to get my display from the 360 to my monitor, however I am not sure how to get sound.

I am getting a VGA cable and this is the description of it (can't link yet):

Quote:
# The unit can be used with TVs, PC monitors and projectors equipped with VGA input only.
# An optical input is also included, giving you the option of enjoying crisp digital sound.

It has digital input, and my speakers have a digital in connector so I am assuming I will connect the optical input from the cable to the input on the speakers but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm this is correct? I also have the subwoofer on the floor (this is where the input is) and the monitor is on the desk so they are about 4' apart, but it doesn't look like the input on the cable, and the sound output are going to split that far. I'm kind of confused what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 12:34 PM

The Cambridge Soundworks speakers only support Coax digital input. The microsoft vga adapter only includes an optical output for digital, but it does include analog stereo outputs which you can use to connect to your speakers. There are red and white rca plugs you can use to connect to external speakers or a reciever. It also includes an adapter to convert the left and right rca plugs to a stereo mini plug. (suitable for plugging into your speakers) you may want to pick up a stereo rca extension cable (male on one side female on the other), as the rca plugs are integrated into the vga cable and will end up at the back of your monitor.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like I will use the adapter to turn the RCAs into stereo mini plug.. so I guess if I can't find the microsoft issue adapter i'll just get that seperately.

Thanks for the help!
post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Don't they have cables that are toslink(optical) to digital coaxial? I think I've seen em. That would give you true digital sound, but I don't know if it matters with a 2.1 set up anywy
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomhead View Post

Sounds like I will use the adapter to turn the RCAs into stereo mini plug.. so I guess if I can't find the microsoft issue adapter i'll just get that seperately.

Thanks for the help!

It comes with the VGA cable from microsoft, surprised me too, it also comes with a VGA gender changer. pretty sweet right.

Absence of Evidence is not always Evidence of Absence

live together, die alone

Gamertag: Bigbev02-Tell me if you're from AVS.

Achievement Unlocked: You've found the red couch!
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page