Wireless headset question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So as I understand it, the xbox 360 wireless headset has a little device that plugs into the controller and then of course the headset that goes on your well, head.

How far can the headset be from the controller? It's a pain now when I need to get up and run to the kitchen I have to carry the controller with me, I'd love to just leave it there and walk into the kitchen.

Also, does it take batteries in addition to the ones in the controller? Do they go into the headset or the piece that plugs into the controller?

Thanks.

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-03-2007, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the wireless headset i have does not plug into the controller it works off the same wireless signal as the controller and it has a built in battery you just plug it in to recharge as far as range i am not to impressed with mine i would say it is about half of what the controller is if i go into another room it loses it signal i got mine when they first came out maybe they worked the bugs out by now but i still use it as it is comfortable,light,and sounds good just no walking around the house like i was hoping

PSN NAME=zmanzman
XBL GAMERTAG=zmanzman
post #3 of 17 Old 02-03-2007, 08:17 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

So as I understand it, the xbox 360 wireless headset has a little device that plugs into the controller and then of course the headset that goes on your well, head.

How far can the headset be from the controller? It's a pain now when I need to get up and run to the kitchen I have to carry the controller with me, I'd love to just leave it there and walk into the kitchen.

Also, does it take batteries in addition to the ones in the controller? Do they go into the headset or the piece that plugs into the controller?

Thanks.

My wireless headset has a connect button on it that you use in conjunction with the connect button on the 360. Only plug is for charging. Be advised, when I was researching about it, I found out that some were complaining of static being produced on the other end. Someone complained about mine last night. I was just using it in another match, and no one complained. So.....I don't know what causes it. It sounds better than the headset that came with the 360, I just wish I knew why it produced a noise on the other end.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #4 of 17 Old 02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

No wireless headset for the 360 has anything that goes in the controller. It goes about the same as the wired one but the big problem is the battery dies fast you have to charge it pretty often but I love it. And DO NOT DO NOT pay 60$$ for the thing. You can find it online for like 40 at most. I also get no feedback issues. I have a 5.1 surround sound that I bump when I play sometimes and I never get any complaints and I ask people if they can hear it. Sometimes they do but its nothing. And its louder then the wired one definatly.
post #5 of 17 Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have had my wireless headset for a few months now. I think it's great. It's way better than the wired headset in terms of comfort and overall sound quality.

As others have mentioned I find the range a bit frustrating but if I'm in my living room gaming it's a non-issue. I wouldn't say the range is dependable for more than 15 or so feet at least from my experience.

I have experienced the static problem that was mentioned earlier in this thread. The solution for that is to turn the headset off and then turn it back on. I have not clue why this happens but it does happen occasionally but either others will let you know that your MIC is annoying them or if your watching your little talk indicator in game (some games show visual feedback either in the score board mode or on screen) so that can be helpful too. If you see it's constantly on then you know you need to reset your headset.

Battery life for me has been adequate. I usually just plug mine in after I'm done gaming so that it's ready for gaming the next day. I just keep a wired headset around for backup if I do a long game session (see all day) but I've only been caught with a dead headset once or twice since I got it.
post #6 of 17 Old 02-03-2007, 11:25 PM

I have a question about the wireless headset. Just got one yesterday, charged it, hooked it up and it worked fine. Today I go to use it and nothing. I am using one wireless controller, should the headset find channel one or does it matter? Seems yesterday when it was working it was on channel one like my controller. I could have just imagined this thought..lol. Anyway today its finding channel 2, I can change to 3 or 4 but not one. Is that the way it suppose to be?

Xbox Live ID Slick Tide 1

PS3 ID SlickTide1
post #7 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 05:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is there some indication when the battery is going to die out on the headset?
post #8 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

yes, the channel has to be set by you sometimes. I had the same problem all you have to do is hit the little white button on the headset it self to match the channel the controller is on. Its a great thing once you figure all this crap out. Dont feel bad it happened to me too I thought it was broken because everyone bad mouths it so bad.
post #9 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

yes, the channel has to be set by you sometimes. I had the same problem all you have to do is hit the little white button on the headset it self to match the channel the controller is on. Its a great thing once you figure all this crap out. Dont feel bad it happened to me too I thought it was broken because everyone bad mouths it so bad.

Thanks Derek, But when I connect one wireless controller and push the little white button it skips number 1. It will only go to 2, 3 or 4. What gives?

PS3 ID SlickTide1
post #10 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 AM

I have the wireless headset and it sucks. It picks up too much noise. When other people speak it "echoes" though my headset too. The regular headset works better.
post #11 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatonjohn View Post

I have the wireless headset and it sucks. It picks up too much noise. When other people speak it "echoes" though my headset too. The regular headset works better.

Does the channel of you wireless controller have to be the same as the wireless headset? Cause if I turn my contoller off and sync up the headset it finds channel one. But when I turn my wireless controller on the channel lights on my wireless headset start blinking. And if I hit the little button it won't stop on channel 1.

My regular one wires got messed up somehow. Guess I'll take this pos back and get another regular wired one.

Edit Ok I pulled out some old first xbox headsets and they don't work either. I'm getting no sound in or out. Tryed to send some voice messages and communicate in an online game. Nothing works...? Any ideas?

PS3 ID SlickTide1
post #12 of 17 Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacky View Post

Does the channel of you wireless controller have to be the same as the wireless headset? Cause if I turn my contoller off and sync up the headset it finds channel one. But when I turn my wireless controller on the channel lights on my wireless headset start blinking. And if I hit the little button it won't stop on channel 1.

My regular one wires got messed up somehow. Guess I'll take this pos back and get another regular wired one.

Edit Ok I pulled out some old first xbox headsets and they don't work either. I'm getting no sound in or out. Tryed to send some voice messages and communicate in an online game. Nothing works...? Any ideas?

Problem solved. Wireless controller was the older flat gray on the bottom. And there is sync issues with that model. Went to a neighbors house and borrowed the shiny gray model and it worked fine. Microsoft is going to exchange mine free of charger. So I'm going to Circuit city to buy another one to use until mine is returned. On sale $39 this week. Thx for help

PS3 ID SlickTide1
post #13 of 17 Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

Is there some indication when the battery is going to die out on the headset?

When I hit the XBox button, the left side tab slides up...and at the very top I have small icons for my wireless controller and wireless headset that show how much battery is left.

There is also an audible beep tone when you have 30 mins left....then 5.....
post #14 of 17 Old 02-10-2007, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 129
People complain when I use the Microsoft wireless headset online for GOW

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #15 of 17 Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

People complain when I use the Microsoft wireless headset online for GOW

Same here. But only sometimes. I don't know what causes it. I don't think this would matter, but both times someone complained about my headset, the batteries were almost dead in my controller. Just coincidence, I guess.....

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #16 of 17 Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Same here. But only sometimes. I don't know what causes it. I don't think this would matter, but both times someone complained about my headset, the batteries were almost dead in my controller. Just coincidence, I guess.....

I haven't noticed that.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #17 of 17 Old 02-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Seems to be a known issue and usually only shows itself with the first release units. My buddy has one of the first ones and mine was a Christmas gift. Mine never does it, but his does. It starts putting out a humm...static sort of....and is very annoying. All he has to do is turn it off then back on and that seems to cure it...at least for a while.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page