Official crackdown thread, impressions, thoughts - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finished the game last night on easy. Anyone who says this is a 2.5 hour game is full of it.

I maxed out the Strength and Explosives and am right near the top for Agility as well. Can't seem to see anymore orbs around the city so I am trying to do all the rooftop races to get more orbs. Also you can turn the crime on in the volk section and try to get green orbs by getting kills from up high. I'm also working on my weapon and driving ones as well. They're a little tougher to get up to 4 stars in.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: MisterxboxNJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can this game be called a sleeper hit?

I downloaded the demo and got hooked on it immediately. I was not sure that I wasn't crazy to like it so much because everyone knew that this game is supposed to stink and is only a vehicle to sell the Halo 3 beta. Reviewers also seemed to underrate it as if they did not want to go out on a limb and admit how good it is.

The full game has not let me down and I am glad that I am not alone. This game succeeds because it is just mindless fun and extremely satisfying. It is mindless fun like solitare or freecell. It is satisfying because there is always some reward that is given in the form of the orbs or the skills that just float toward you after you kill someone.

Why don't I get tired of jumping around the rooftops? Why is the rocket launcher so fun to use? Why am I spending my time thinking about how best to attack the current boss' hideout?

There is so much I want to do. I really don't drive at all. It seems like a waste when I can just jump everywhere. I also really have to kill more bad guys with objects rather than weapons. Why do I take the easy way out when it would be much cooler to kill them with cinderblocks or trash cans or dead bodies?

Just too much fun.

I was on one particularly productive killing spree when the narrator just chimes in and says "Impressive!" I feel the same way about this game.

Word of mouth will sell a lot of copies of this game.

I beg the developers to let us use our character to replay from the beginning. Please also add new neighborhoods. Please!

Affable Nitwit
post #183 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:15 AM

Does anyone know how to get the green agility orb that is on top of the ferris wheel and lighthouse on the first map, Los whatever?? I can't figure out how to the heck to get those two!!!
post #184 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:15 AM

BTW: The achivement for getting on top for the agency building and jumping off into the water is awesome. I can't believe how high you get!!!!

Also, what is the best way to build up the car strengths?? I hate doing races
post #185 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 116
finished last night. 425 orbs, 4 stars on everything. Awesome game. Had some serious clipping issues at the end of it though. Couild be because my 360 is dying and I'm using the towel trick to revive it so don't take that too seriously.

The ferris wheel is easy. Just take your time. it's easier with a high agility though. Lighthouse, also easy. You can get to the top of the lighthouse by climbing the nearby mountains, then jumping from them onto a ledge. The Agent building is probably the hardest one to do really, and the Wang tower in the volk section. Remember, some sections are so that you reall do need a higher agility for it.
post #186 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamhood View Post

I've found three ways to increase car stats: races, jumping through hoops, running over bad guys.
Quote:

Does anyone know how to get the green agility orb that is on top of the ferris wheel and lighthouse on the first map, Los whatever?? I can't figure out how to the heck to get those two!!!

You might just want to wait until you increase your agility (then you're able to jump higher).
post #187 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I favored the SUV for driving....until I got my car maxed out and since it had machine guns I used that more.

But, to get my car max's, I did few races, few stunts. i think if you use the same car too much, you don't get so many points for doing the same stuff over and over again...ie, running over bad guys. Because at the last of it, i didn't seem to be getting many points for running people over with the suv. So for kicks I took the semi. I never used the semi much at all, but all of a sudden Iwas getting crazy points for running people over with it and that is how I got my last star for driving.
post #188 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

just park a ramp truck somewhere, get the SUV, and repeatedly do stunt jumps off of it... barrel rolls, flips, etc. that'll get you to 2-3 stars easy, but the quickest way to get to 4, is to drive into an area with a lot of enemies (and no pedestrians) and run people over.

loving my completed home theater. :)
post #189 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 AM

I do have high agility, I think 4 stars now and I still can't figure out how to do the ferris wheel. Do you jump on all the cars that are attached to it? I did that but I can only get about half way up. I then try to jump through the center and fall down I will have to take a look at the light house again.

BTW: I thought the demo was just terrible and was just oign to buy the game for the halo beta, sheesh this game consumed my weekend!! It really is a GREAT game. I am just working on finishing all the orbs in Los Muertos then onto Volk I go... as I beat the kingpin in Los Muertos..w000t
post #190 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:

BTW: The achivement for getting on top for the agency building and jumping off into the water is awesome. I can't believe how high you get!!!!

You can take your agency SUV to the indoor stunt track where Diaz (I'm pretty sure he is the one I'm talking about) is/was and do stunts on the jumps to increase your level. I know that at two stars with the SUV you can do a single front flip off the normal jump for some easy points. Just landing a normal jump will also get you some points.

Another thing that I was doing to raise my driving was to do a timed mission on Diaz and hop into one of the cars and keep running over everyone but the boss and hitting the jump as you come to it. When the car is about to explode hop out and get a new one.

I also have a tip if anyone is just starting out in the game. Head to each bridge to the other islands and as you approach the other gang's island you will begin to see those gang members driving by. Shoot at their car and kill them when they get out. Now pick up the dropped weapons and run back to the nearest supply point. This way you get earlier access to more powerful weapons without much of a fight. If you get too deep into the island you may not be able to make it back to a supply point if you are too weak. I did this and went to the 3rd island and got that 5 shot rocket launcher and the upgraded sniper rifle to use on the Volk bosses.

post #191 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I do have high agility, I think 4 stars now and I still can't figure out how to do the ferris wheel. Do you jump on all the cars that are attached to it? I did that but I can only get about half way up. I then try to jump through the center and fall down I will have to take a look at the light house again.

Yes, you can go all the way to the top of the ferris wheel by jumping from one car to the next. Just grab the agility orb when you're doing the ferris wheel foot race.
post #192 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 AM

The ending was kind of a bummer.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
I don't like the fact that I was being used as a pawn for a larger plot, never have never will. I now feel no remorse when I kill a peacekeeper and sometimes put a rocket into their police car for fun. I hope Crackdown 2 do has something where you fight back agains the announcer guy.
post #193 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Anybody know the reason for not having a split screen option? It really annoys me that you need two xbox's and two separate displays to do Co-op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post

The ending was kind of a bummer.

Spoiler  
I don't like the fact that I was being used as a pawn for a larger plot, never have never will. I now feel no remorse when I kill a peacekeeper and sometimes put a rocket into their police car for fun. I hope Crackdown 2 do has something where you fight back agains the announcer guy.

Spoiler  
I was bummed because i was expecting the final boss to be The Agency. That would have been really cool. Maybe a massive fight against all the gangs and the Agency, all at once. Or maybe storming the Agency's compound with the actual boss being the announcer
post #194 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel 4:12 View Post

Spoiler  
I was bummed because i was expecting the final boss to be The Agency. That would have been really cool. Maybe a massive fight against all the gangs and the Agency, all at once. Or maybe storming the Agency's compound with the actual boss being the announcer

That would be a sweet way to start the sequel before moving onto a different location.
post #195 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel 4:12 View Post

Anybody know the reason for not having a split screen option? It really annoys me that you need two xbox's and two separate displays to do Co-op.

It is probably hard enough to stream data off the DVD for one character's surroundings in the city. Two characters would probably exceed all sorts of available bandwidths (DVD read speed, texture decompression, memory bandwidth).

In short, it is probably just simply impossible to do 2 player split screen in a sandbox world with such varied textures.

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
post #196 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Spoiler  
[/quote]

Well, there are still 100 points coming from download content. You may get your wish.

I hate to say it, but after finishing off all the bosses my interest in the game is dwindling. I would really hate to have to start over from the beginning, so the option of beginning again with my leveled up character to take on all the gangs again would be a great thing.
post #197 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree, now that I've finished it, I really have no need to play it anymore. I'll get the rest of my orbs, finish a few achievements etc, but I'll probably go back to playing lost planet again....assuming my 360 stays alive long enough. Just glad I was able to experience this game at all yet alone finish it with a 3 red light 360. God bless the towel trick.
post #198 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post

It is probably hard enough to stream data off the DVD for one character's surroundings in the city. Two characters would probably exceed all sorts of available bandwidths (DVD read speed, texture decompression, memory bandwidth).

In short, it is probably just simply impossible to do 2 player split screen in a sandbox world with such varied textures.

That makes sense. The whole world only requires on load, so asking for split screen is probably too much. That said, is there a way to get two xboxs on one Projector?
post #199 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_AA2 View Post

Well, there are still 100 points coming from download content. You may get your wish.

I hate to say it, but after finishing off all the bosses my interest in the game is dwindling. I would really hate to have to start over from the beginning, so the option of beginning again with my leveled up character to take on all the gangs again would be a great thing.

I can see that. Playing over again with your leveled guy would be a good addition IMO. Sorta like old skool Wastelands where you could just play over and over again and your guys just kept getting stronger and stronger.

More neighborhoods would keep the game fresh. I'd pay for that because this game is so darn fun. Even my wife likes this game and that is saying something. It is refreshing to see another game where the gameplay and not necessarily the graphics are what make me like to spends hours and hours messing around with the game. But I think the orb achievements are going to suck to complete.

I was pleasantly surprised when I played the demo because I too thought it would stink as a vehicle for selling H3 betas. So now I get to play the beta and have a fun game to boot. Win, win in my book.
post #200 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I think the Halo 3 beta addition was smart in multiple ways, not only did it get a lot of people to buy the game who might not have in the first place, but it also is going to make people hold onto their copies--meaning there won't be as many copies up on ebay and that will keep the ebay prices high and more people would rather spend the money and buy from a retail establishment.

post #201 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I gotta go with the crowd. I don't like sandbox games... I need a plot, a goal or checkpoints to point me in the right direction. But for some reason I'm really digging this game!

The rooftop jumping is way addictive... there are times I feel like it's Jumping Flash, and other times Crazy Climber! And the upgrades, powering up and finding the secrets -- it taps into my obsessive personality.

Loads of fun.

LOL crazy climber, that's totally what I was thinking about leaping from window ledge to window ledge! Heh, blast from the past old skool style!

I call this the 'spider-man effect'- for some reason it's really satisfying to soar from building to building. Also the thump and cracked concrete effect is viscerally stimulating.

BTW- can anyone suggest how to get to the top of the agency building (I have 3 stars agility so I'll wait until I get 4 to try again)? I can get almost to the top- the part to where there are the top 3 towers but I can't figure out how to get over to the one with the mast (where the hidden orb is) since the tower I climb up (the one with the lattice work around it that lets you get to the almost top of that tower) is really far away from the other two that are connected, and it doesn't seem there is anything to jump to or catch?
post #202 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Say, does anyone have a list of all the available achievements written down, so I can print it and keep it next to me when I'm playing (checklist-style)?
post #203 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

You can access the achievements any time by just pausing the game.

post #204 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Bull View Post

Say, does anyone have a list of all the available achievements written down, so I can print it and keep it next to me when I'm playing (checklist-style)?

This isn't exactly answering your question, but have you looked at the achievement list in game? Hitting the start button and going to achievements option has a very well broken down listing. What makes is extra special is that it breaks down the sub-achievements and lists them as incomplete or completed.

The one with the multiple car tricks comes to mind. For instance it would show that you have completed the front flip and right barrel roll but still need the other four tricks.

post #205 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

This isn't exactly answering your question, but have you looked at the achievement list in game? Hitting the start button and going to achievements option has a very well broken down listing. What makes is extra special is that it breaks down the sub-achievements and lists them as incomplete or completed.

The one with the multiple car tricks comes to mind. For instance it would show that you have completed the front flip and right barrel roll but still need the other four tricks.

I just picked up this game at lunch today, but I'm glad that it has this breakdown. More games need this, so you know exactly what you have left to get an achievement. Nothing is worse then trying for an achievement and then when you think you have finished it and not receiving the achivement having to go back and trying to remeber what you missed so you can unlock it.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #206 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
All games do have that.. just hit the start button and go to achievements..

Or hit the XBOX button and it will be listed in your gamertag which achievements you hit or missed..

You can also do it by logging into the computer and looking at someones gamertag.. like looking at your gamertag now.. DMBFiredancer.. I can tell that you game way ****ing more than I do..

Look at my gamertage compared to mines:

AchievementsMy ForumsRecent PlayersProfileFriendsMessages
Achievements

Game DMBFiredancer Daekwan17
Xbox Live Achievements SummaryBack to Gamer Profile
DMBFiredancer Daekwan17
Game(s) Played

Gamerscore

Rainbow Six® Vegas
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 2/25/2007
930 of 1000
34 of 36 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 36 Achievements
TigerWoodsPGATOUR®07
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 2/11/2007
190 of 1000
13 of 27 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 27 Achievements
Viva Piñata
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/28/2007
0 of 1000
0 of 50 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 50 Achievements
Gears of War
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/14/2007
490 of 1000
28 of 49 Achievements 10 of 1000
1 of 49 Achievements
Tony Hawk's Project 8
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/13/2007
775 of 1000
43 of 49 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 49 Achievements
Astropop
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/8/2007
125 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements 0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Contra
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 12/30/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements 0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Frogger
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 12/29/2006
140 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements 0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Big Bumpin
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 12/26/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
LUMINES LIVE!
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 11/4/2006
50 of 200
4 of 12 Achievements 0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Rockstar Table Tennis
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 9/10/2006
40 of 1000
6 of 29 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 29 Achievements
Madden NFL 07
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 9/19/2006
240 of 1000
17 of 46 Achievements 90 of 1000
6 of 46 Achievements
Texas Hold'em
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 9/11/2006
65 of 200
4 of 12 Achievements 45 of 200
3 of 12 Achievements
Hexic HD
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 8/20/2006
150 of 200
10 of 12 Achievements 25 of 200
3 of 12 Achievements
Street Fighter II' HF
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 8/2/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
GALAGA
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 7/26/2006
155 of 200
10 of 12 Achievements 150 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
Cloning Clyde
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 7/19/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Zuma
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 6/18/2006
120 of 200
8 of 12 Achievements 140 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
Bankshot Billiards 2
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 6/18/2006
150 of 200
10 of 12 Achievements 0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
UNO
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 5/13/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements 135 of 200
9 of 12 Achievements
PGR 3
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 5/6/2006
420 of 1000
11 of 25 Achievements 20 of 1000
1 of 25 Achievements
Madden NFL 06
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 4/29/2006
1000 of 1000
11 of 11 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 11 Achievements
Wik: Fable of Souls
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 4/10/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Bejeweled 2
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/14/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Hardwood Spades
DMBFiredancer Last Played Online: 1/14/2006
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Crackdown
Not Played by DMBFiredancer
0 of 900
0 of 43 Achievements 70 of 900
6 of 43 Achievements
Call of Duty 2
0 of 1000
0 of 13 Achievements 50 of 1000
1 of 13 Achievements
Heavy Weapon
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Geometry Wars Evolved
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements 10 of 200
2 of 12 Achievements
MS.PAC-MAN
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Need for Speed Carbon
0 of 1000
0 of 50 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 50 Achievements
Time Pilot
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Ultimate MK3
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
TotemBall
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
DIG DUG
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
Saints Row
0 of 1000
0 of 43 Achievements 10 of 1000
1 of 43 Achievements
PAC-MAN
0 of 200
0 of 12 Achievements
EA SPORTS FN 3
0 of 1000
0 of 8 Achievements 0 of 1000
0 of 8 Achievements

Game(s) Played

Gamerscore

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #207 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Thats one of the main things that makes Xbox live so much better than anything else.. especially including that whatever you call it weak shyt that Sony calls online gaming..

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #208 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

All games do have that.. just hit the start button and go to achievements..

Or hit the XBOX button and it will be listed in your gamertag which achievements you hit or missed..

You can also do it by logging into the computer and looking at someones gamertag.. like looking at your gamertag now.. DMBFiredancer.. I can tell that you game way ****ing more than I do..

I know all that and use these features all the time, but I was referring to the "sub-achievements" like bryansj posted about in post #204. For example, if you need to kill 500 terrorists in R6:V, i should be able to access via the game how many terrorists I have already killed. Obviously the games are keeping track of all this information, so why not display it to the user in a simple menu system.

Based on bryansj's post it sounds like Crackdown has this, so I'll be excited to check it out tonight when I get home (If I can bring myself to take R6:V out of my 360 )

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #209 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

I know all that and use these features all the time, but I was referring to the "sub-achievements" like bryansj posted about in post #204. For example, if you need to kill 500 terrorists in R6:V, i should be able to access via the game how many terrorists I have already killed. Obviously the games are keeping track of all this information, so why not display it to the user in a simple menu system.

Based on bryansj's post it sounds like Crackdown has this, so I'll be excited to check it out tonight when I get home (If I can bring myself to take R6:V out of my 360 )

crackdown does not have a tally, for example, for shooting 500 gang members... you just get it when you get it. except for the orbs, when you pick one up it tells you your count.

loving my completed home theater. :)
post #210 of 385 Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I have to get this game now! Sounds like fun...

For my latest Reviews and stuff Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Follow me: @joerodhometheat
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page