OMG... Sacred 2, I must have this. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Game has been pathced. It fixes the corrupt saves, a few broken quests and a few other items.

The patch also fixes the free storage IMP for those that purchased it at Gamestop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice, thanks for the update William. I was wondering what the patch did.
post #63 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

how many quests total for this game?

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 920@2.67ghz, 1.5TB HDDx2, 8GB DDR3@1066mhz, Nvidia Geforce GT220
post #64 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post

how many quests total for this game?

sacred wiki shows more than 600?

any fans of too human playing sacred? i was really excited for sacred 2 at first, but it kind of wore off... still think i'll enjoy it?

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #65 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

but how repetitive can this game be? even when playing with friends it seems like it can become bs

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 920@2.67ghz, 1.5TB HDDx2, 8GB DDR3@1066mhz, Nvidia Geforce GT220
post #66 of 86 Old 05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
well oblivion had tons of quests and repetitive dungeons, but i still put in 200+ hours.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #67 of 86 Old 05-31-2009, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

The only negative on it so far for me is the inability to respec.

I totally agree. I am about to restart my char this morning! Oh well I wanted to start a higher difficulty setting anyway so might as well start fresh... (But its still should be an option)

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #68 of 86 Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

So I got my new char to 17 or so now and I thnk I FINALLY have an understanding of how to use everything! I cannot remember the last time I opened an instruction manual but I had to here to figure out the runes.

I tried some online sunday night and it was lag free with four of us in the game. I really liked how easy it was to get to the perosn whos game it was and how you could fun back to a town anytime you wished, no being locked into a small area.

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #69 of 86 Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone noticed an increase in better drops with enhanced perception? It doesn't seem to make better items drop even with 30 skill points in it.

What will become - Is my Will
post #70 of 86 Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

Has anyone noticed an increase in better drops with enhanced perception? It doesn't seem to make better items drop even with 30 skill points in it.

Not at all, even with items that increase it, nothing good at all.

post #71 of 86 Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

Enhanced Perception gives a fairly trivial increase in magic find until you get to 75 hard points in it. Its more of a long term skill.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #72 of 86 Old 06-09-2009, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Still playing this. IMHO its very underrated.

Frank J. Cone

post #73 of 86 Old 06-10-2009, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

What kind of character are you playing and what level are you Frank?

Right now Im leveling up a Shadow Warrior, Seraphim, and Dryad. Im hoping all three will be in the low 40's by the end of this weekend.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #74 of 86 Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Just got this game, spend about 1.5 hours on it. So far so good, i'll add you guys tonight to see if anyone wants to play with a Newbie heheheh

can you talk to your teamate over the headset??it seems that no one talks to me or making any annoying sound

PSN: milkpower
GAME TAG: milkpower
WII: hummmm long number
post #75 of 86 Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
A couple questions for any Sacred 2 pros out there:

1) I am trying to play a high elf, and it is the first ranged class I have ever played. I am having difficulties aiming her fireball, as well as getting it to fire off to begin with. Does anyone have any tips to assist on both of these?

2) Does anyone have a good ranged build for a dryad? I would really like to make a solid ranged class but he has so many places to put points that I cannot narrow it down.

Thanks!
Dustin
post #76 of 86 Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

A couple questions for any Sacred 2 pros out there:

1) I am trying to play a high elf, and it is the first ranged class I have ever played. I am having difficulties aiming her fireball, as well as getting it to fire off to begin with. Does anyone have any tips to assist on both of these?

2) Does anyone have a good ranged build for a dryad? I would really like to make a solid ranged class but he has so many places to put points that I cannot narrow it down.

Thanks!
Dustin

1) I find fireball kinda weak sauce compared to Blazing Tempest and Incendiary Shower. If your having trouble hitting with it you could get the Hot pursuit mod and it will track the target. My suggestion though is don't mod it at all and mod BT and IS

2)
Capricious Hunter Focus 75
Nature Weaver Focus 75
Concentration 75
Spell Resistance 1
Armor Lore 1
Tactics Lore 1
Nature Weaver Lore 75
Divine Devotion 75
Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 31
Ranged Weapons 1

Only put one Rune in Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault
Ravaged Imapct : Envenom + Breach + Double Shot
Sinister Predator : Eagle Eye + Marked Shot + Hunting Focus
Ancient Bark : Rugged + Divert
Goldenglade Touch : Flow
Acute Mind : Insight

You want to get to a point where you can spam Ravaged Impact with your blow gun. Take Testla as your God, if you have that with acute mind and divine devotion it turns the divine gift into a quick kill on the boss mobs.

Its also a good idea to get a second Dryad and give her bargaining. Pick whatever as her first general skill and at level 5 immedietly pick bargaining and keep putting skill points into it until it matches your level. Then use relics with Divine Devotion and items to get the level to 2x her current level. Then shop at merchants for decent equipment for your Main dryad, especially blowguns.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #77 of 86 Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

1) I find fireball kinda weak sauce compared to Blazing Tempest and Incendiary Shower. If your having trouble hitting with it you could get the Hot pursuit mod and it will track the target. My suggestion though is don't mod it at all and mod BT and IS

2)
Capricious Hunter Focus 75
Nature Weaver Focus 75
Concentration 75
Spell Resistance 1
Armor Lore 1
Tactics Lore 1
Nature Weaver Lore 75
Divine Devotion 75
Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 31
Ranged Weapons 1

Only put one Rune in Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault
Ravaged Imapct : Envenom + Breach + Double Shot
Sinister Predator : Eagle Eye + Marked Shot + Hunting Focus
Ancient Bark : Rugged + Divert
Goldenglade Touch : Flow
Acute Mind : Insight

You want to get to a point where you can spam Ravaged Impact with your blow gun. Take Testla as your God, if you have that with acute mind and divine devotion it turns the divine gift into a quick kill on the boss mobs.

Its also a good idea to get a second Dryad and give her bargaining. Pick whatever as her first general skill and at level 5 immedietly pick bargaining and keep putting skill points into it until it matches your level. Then use relics with Divine Devotion and items to get the level to 2x her current level. Then shop at merchants for decent equipment for your Main dryad, especially blowguns.

Thanks for the tips!

I do have a few questions though:
1) why only 1pt in ranged? Seems like you would want to cap it for a ranged character
2) Same question for tactics, wouldnt this improve your overall damage per second?
post #78 of 86 Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

1) If your pumping all your stat points into dex and mod out sinister predator early, and bump up the CA level early on you shouldnt have a lot of trouble hitting things. Really the big reason to get it is to unlock all the attributes on ranged weapons. If your having trouble hitting stuff my suggestion is solve it with gear.

2) I may be a little too married to the Acute Mind plus the Testla Divine Gift ability. You can easily not put points into Divine Gift and and put more points into Tactics. A little more damage is easily had by going to the black smith and slotting your items. You definetly want to put points into your Aspect focus skills so you can mod out your CAs.

Last I included Voodoo Focus so you can mod Viperish Disease and Moribund Animus. Viperish Disease modded correctly allows you to level really fast. So if your interested in doing that you may want to take it earlier.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #79 of 86 Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

1) If your pumping all your stat points into dex and mod out sinister predator early, and bump up the CA level early on you shouldnt have a lot of trouble hitting things. Really the big reason to get it is to unlock all the attributes on ranged weapons. If your having trouble hitting stuff my suggestion is solve it with gear.

2) I may be a little too married to the Acute Mind plus the Testla Divine Gift ability. You can easily not put points into Divine Gift and and put more points into Tactics. A little more damage is easily had by going to the black smith and slotting your items. You definetly want to put points into your Aspect focus skills so you can mod out your CAs.

Last I included Voodoo Focus so you can mod Viperish Disease and Moribund Animus. Viperish Disease modded correctly allows you to level really fast. So if your interested in doing that you may want to take it earlier.

Thanks for the help friend, I appreciate it. I will definately have to give this a go when I get a chance.
post #80 of 86 Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 AM

bah, reading this thread makes me want to get it. I played Sacred 1 on PC, decided to skip the second PC/360 one, especially after reading reviews.

edit - in re: to screen tearing, apparently setting your 360 to 720p helps (if it's on 1080)
post #81 of 86 Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capj View Post

bah, reading this thread makes me want to get it. I played Sacred 1 on PC, decided to skip the second PC/360 one, especially after reading reviews.

edit - in re: to screen tearing, apparently setting your 360 to 720p helps (if it's on 1080)

Screen tearing seems a lot better with the latest updates too...at least that is what I noticed, (it was horrible on the release version).
post #82 of 86 Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capj View Post

When you first start playing the screen tearing is very noticeable. By the time you character hits level 5 you never notice it anymore. This is the first game that has been able to keep me away from COD4 and ShadowRun. I havent played either in 4 weeks.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #83 of 86 Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Finally got around to picking this up. Is anyone still playing?

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
post #84 of 86 Old 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have it sitting in my to do list. Too many games, too little time. I think it would be fun playing with others, but with Halo, Fable, and CoD next week, along with Kinect tommorrow, I am not likely to get to this game for a little while longer. I started playing on my son's account (I do not want to ruin my gamerscore completion percentage, lol), and the game seems fun. I have always liked the Diablo type of games and am itching to put some serious time in this game.

Too bad the developer went belly up as soon as the game got released. Apparently Sacred 3 is being planned by someone else. This game could have done well if it were marketed by someone big, rather than an independant company.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #85 of 86 Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post

Finally got around to picking this up. Is anyone still playing?

I have played it beginning to end 4 times. I have moved on since to other roll players (and better roll players) but Sacred was an absolute blast to play. My only negative was the respawning enemies.

post #86 of 86 Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I'll be starting this up this weekend. Should have bought it while it was still fresh though... Anyway, I've been itching to play a good Diablo style game for xbox and this is pretty much the only game out that fits the bill.

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page