OMG... Sacred 2, I must have this. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 86 Old 03-10-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-36...llen-Angel/p1/

It's supposedly a Co-op enabled Diablo clone... This game plus Conan will actually prevent me from "needing" a PS2 or PS3. Wow.. I can't believe the RPG/Action RPG's coming. Mass Effect, Too Human, Fable 2, Sacred 2, Conan, Conan MMORPG, Shivering Isles, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon... Will we be able to play these and still have time for our families????

What a GREAT time to be a gamer!!!!!!!

Peace,
Dreamaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
looks a lot like guild wars.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #3 of 86 Old 03-11-2007, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
On the PC Sacred was a decent Diablo 3 style game with a little more RPG thrown in. This looks like the evoloutionary step towards Guild Wars (Developed by former Diablo 3 designers and programmers).

Thos will probably sell REALLY well as the genre is pretty popular and should translate to consoles better than true MMORPG's.

These look to be PC res but the assets should be the same ones on 360:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=41276

Another slightly longer preview:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=41276

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #4 of 86 Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

I played Sacred quite a bit for the PC. One of those under the radar games.

Here goes another a big chunk of my free time.

XBox - Shizelbs

post #5 of 86 Old 04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So this comes out on May 12th right? I'm really looking forward to this game! Does anyone know if the co-op is like RE5 or are there going to be servers you can join with a lot of people at various levels?

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
post #6 of 86 Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

true drop in and drop out... you have one char and seemlessly take them wherever you want, keeping items, xp, etc.

there really is no single player, it's always in a "multiplayer" type realm where anyone can come in or out.

this video gives more info.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43316.html?type=flv

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #7 of 86 Old 04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Sounds interesting, but I'd like to see more gameplay.
post #8 of 86 Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Here are some more videos of the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/sac...len-angel/3840

Here is the last preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45266.html

I am also looking forward to this game. I was a big fan of Diablo 2 back in the day.
post #9 of 86 Old 04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

true drop in and drop out... you have one char and seemlessly take them wherever you want, keeping items, xp, etc.

there really is no single player, it's always in a "multiplayer" type realm where anyone can come in or out.

this video gives more info.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43316.html?type=flv

So it's an MMORPG?

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
post #10 of 86 Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

So it's an MMORPG?

Not unless you consider Phantasy Star Online or Diablo 2 an MMO, which most do not.

I hear Sacred 2 was pretty awesome on PC, if you didn't run into the bugs, but there were a lot of them.
post #11 of 86 Old 04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Not unless you consider Phantasy Star Online or Diablo 2 an MMO, which most do not.

I hear Sacred 2 was pretty awesome on PC, if you didn't run into the bugs, but there were a lot of them.

I'm currently playing it on PC and it is a pretty good game. But if you go in expecting Diablo quality, you will be disappointed. I got the Elite version with the high res textures, and it looks quite good at 1920*1080 even at 3'. I would expect the console version to look fairly similar from couch viewing distances. So far I can say the only thing that really bothers me is the lame quips your character makes, for some reason "Another tombstone for the unknown NPC" just rips me right out of the fantasy world......
post #12 of 86 Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

post #13 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=warcrow;16419623]

QUOTE]

How?

As someone who has been watching this game for a while I am super psyched about it.

One word of warning to people new to the system. You read runes to gain abilities and up there level. Only read 1 rune for each ability until your higher level. You can quickly make abilities less usefull if you read to many runes. Runes up the power of abilities but it also ups the time before you can reuse it again. So if you read to many early on you can end up having a character that can only very infrequently use their abilities.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #14 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
He gets games early, just what he does. He got KZ2 a few months or so before release date since he's a reviewer.

I played the first Sacred on the PC. It was a good bit of fun but as mentioned don't try comparing it to Diablo or you'll be dissappointed. Not sure how well it will transfer over to consoles. I might give it a rent or late purchase.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #15 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm going to have the spelling/grammar police arrest Spinoza_43221 after trying to read that "rune system explanation". Violations include:

Improper use of "to" instead of "too".
Improper use of "your" instead of "you're".
Improper single vs. plural agreement for "runes" and "it".

As far as Sacred 2... I thought Diablo on consoles had already been tried under the name "Too Human", and that was quite a freaking mess. I guess I'm concerned that a re-tread of a buggy PC game is going to be problematic.
post #16 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

The good news is CDV informed me that there is no embargo on the game so I'll post impressions ASAP.
post #17 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Is this the game where you get to help that fantasy prog band in-game and they give you their instruments as weapons?

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #18 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Although I was only able to spend about an hour playing the game yesterday, I feel like I have a few noteworthy remarks about the console release of Sacred 2. Take my feedback with a grain of salt but with that being said I'll do my best to describe what I experienced. At the very least this will provide a morsel of information out there about this highly (for some) anticipated game. Also to confess, I've not played the PC version more than about an hour so I'm not overly familiar with the game in it's many iterations--but I do love dungeon crawlers of any kind like Diablo I & II, Titan Quest, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2, and Champions of Norrath.

The installation of the game took as long as any other 360 game--roughly 8 minutes. The installation improved load times significantly. I don't mean to imply that loading levels is non-existent but they do load with in seconds.

I decided to play as a Shadow Warrior and check out how melee is handled in this game. You have the option to choose to play the Light or Dark campaigns and select an applicable deity to worship. The Shadow Warrior begins his saga in a tomb and my initial impressions was "cool, a dungeon! There's bound to be lots of loot around here!" I ran around a bit and everything looked well enough. It certainly wasn’t mind blowing but it definitely looked better than the games I mentioned above.

Unfortunately, once outside the tomb the frame rate took a little bit of a hit. Not severe enough to make the game unplayable, but I think people who are really sensitive to a slight drop in frames and tearing will be put off by this. Personally, I thought it was a little annoying--but not annoying enough to ruin the gameplay. If I had to guess I would say it dropped < 30 fps.

The fighting was a little strange for me. I felt a little disconnected when fighting (melee) because you don’t mash a button. It's not similar to the Baldur's Gates or the Champions of Norraths where you hit a button to attack. Instead you hold down the button and direct your attacks towards the enemies. It works--and I imagine it takes some getting use to--but for me I would rather mash on a button and feel more involved with attacking. It felt a little too passive but I am only an hour into the game. I imagine this is a mechanic that will feel more natural (and perhaps for connected?) in time.

Loading up on loot in these games is always something I look forward to--don't we all? In Sacred 2 (console), looting is done automatically when pressing the LB. Again, you feel a little detached when loot is magically transported into your inventory and where's the satisfaction when you don't get the feel of snatching it up? At least you see it on the ground and know you have to pick it up so the process isn't as drastically passive as Too Human where goodies didn’t even fall on the ground but jumped into your inventory. I am sure this sounds totally trivial to a lot of you but for me, I enjoy picking it up and hearing the "clinks", the "clanks" and the "cha-chings" of the gold pieces. For those of you like me, a little thing like that is hugely missed.

I did notice that weapons, abilities/skills and magic can be bound to any of the 4 face buttons. The LT and RT act as a "shift" key so you can bind up to 8 more items for quick use. It looks really effective and I think it's a smart way to handle diversity in combat methods.

In the inventory, I noticed that comparing items is as easy as pressing a button so it does look like Ascaron made an effort to create as console-friendly game. Again, these are very early impressions of a ginormous game. There are still many many things left for me to see and find and get used to. Knowing some of you are as eager as I am for first-hand impressions of this game on the console -- feel free to ask if you have any questions!
post #19 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Moving a game like this to consoles you're always going to lose a little bit of the PC RPG feel that so many know and love. Guess it could be alot worse though.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #20 of 86 Old 05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcrow View Post

In the inventory, I noticed that comparing items is as easy as pressing a button so it does look like Ascaron made an effort to create as console-friendly game. Again, these are very early impressions of a ginormous game. There are still many many things left for me to see and find and get used to. Knowing some of you are as eager as I am for first-hand impressions of this game on the console -- feel free to ask if you have any questions!

It is freaking huge. The map is absolutely massive. Good review, its pretty much spot on with how the PC version plays, except of course it looks better and doesn't chug on the proper equipment.
post #21 of 86 Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 AM

I have to bump this, after reading IGN's article and hearing that they might have got a bad review copy, I need to know if this game is even halfway decent.
post #22 of 86 Old 05-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Some comments about your review warcrow. I'm guessing why they don't mash buttons so that you can hold multiple buttons down at the same time and concurrently use more than one ability. The slow down troubles me though. Have you had any fights yet with 10+ mobs? Did that make a difference?

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #23 of 86 Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Reviews are coming in and they are REALLY bad. Bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad everything. One even talked about how a save file got corrupted and when he restarted his xbox he lost all data from all his save from all his characters. Bad stuff.

post #24 of 86 Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Reviews are coming in and they are REALLY bad. Bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad everything. One even talked about how a save file got corrupted and when he restarted his xbox he lost all data from all his save from all his characters. Bad stuff.

Not all

http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=4714

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #25 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

Not all

http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=4714

He isn't a professional reviewer from what I can gather and he only played it for a few hours. He failed to mention a lot of limitations other sites are all mentioning like the stupid fog that surrounds everything to help improve performance, but preventing you from seeing anything in the distance. His review seemed pretty limited.

post #26 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

I'm not really sure that's a bad thing. ScrewAttack has a video review of the game already and the game looks fine to me. There really is only one knock of the game that I'm concerned about and that is slow down when lots of enemies are on the screen. None of the reviews I have seen so far use high level characters that can chain cast combo attacks. If doing that slows the game down to a crawl then that's a problem. If there is a slight slowdown but you can still maintain control of your character and game play then I'm all right with it. I'm giving Ascaron the benefit of the doubt on this one and I will be picking up the game on Wednesday so I'll let everyone know what I think shortly there after.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #27 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
So far what warcrow as negatives are not that big of a deal to me. I do not like button mashing and would prefer a more streamlined approach. The only issue I have heard that concerns me is corrupt file thing otherwise the game looks to be what I thought it would be.
post #28 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 06:54 AM

Is multiplayer split screen if you're on the same console?
post #29 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

I should mention that I've had several PM me in regards to the IGN article and data corruption.

Saving is done from the menu (can be done anywhere outside, havent done it inside a dungeon yet).

I played a few more hours this weekend and I experienced no crashing or data corruption. The only technical glitch I experienced were the minor slowdown when outside.

Lastly, its worth mentioning that the dungeons respawn with monsters very quickly! I died in one dungeon and promptly ran back from the stone and by the time I zoned into it it had completely repopulated--what?!

I still am cautiously optomistic that this game can get better. As for now, it's barely holding on by its finger tips as something I'm interesting in playing (and I chalk that up to being a hardcore dungeon crawler lover).
post #30 of 86 Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak View Post

I thought Diablo on consoles had already been tried under the name "Too Human", and that was quite a freaking mess.

did you play too human? if you like dungeon crawlers, the game was marvelous.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page