Not open for further replies.

Two MS announcements tonite & tomorrow

8K views 147 replies 65 participants last post by  RAVEN56706 
#1 ·
See less See more
#9 ·
Your mouth to their ears Ed.

#11 ·
Maybe they're going to announce that they're finally going to allow Epic to release their extra content for Gears...

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerall /forum/post/0

wow so lame....

Another sku for the same 90 nm chip xbox

179.99 retail for the 120GB HD, no thanks MS.

this is not what MS needed to do. Give us a cheaper HD and get the 65 nm chips out.

Microsoft is trying to make money. They'll get a fair number of buyers with current 360s who will buy a 2nd one to have the latest and greatest.

#18 ·
Meh

Is it worth $80.00 more? For someone that owns one already, in my opinion, NO!

So it has HDMI? Well, thats nice and all, but outside of integrated upconverting of DVD and the elmination of extra cabling, this isn't quite as big a deal as you think. I would imagine most people won't see much impact on the clarity and definition of their games versus Component or VGA. The HDD is the only draw for me really, the rest of the stuff is basically cosmetic. They should have thrown the HD DVD drive in there, just for the hell of it, but right now, for me, I have no incentive to sell mine and buy this, especially since its the same core processor unit.

#21 ·
The standalone HDD costs WAY too much. They need to just open it up to any and every USB 2.0 External HDD and let us use that instead. God that is expensive.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 /forum/post/0

The standalone HDD costs WAY too much. They need to just open it up to any and every USB 2.0 External HDD and let us use that instead. God that is expensive.

1- System security relies on the encrypted file system on the drive.

2- Data transfer cable+software is comparable to the $30.00 Datel Xport.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and its not needed for gaming.

#23 ·
I'm aware of that, but they can write safeguards that would make the USB 2.0 HDD's work fine. If Sony can do it, so can Microsoft.

I'm also aware nobody is forcing me to buy it, but as a fan of the system and an owner of a Premium for over a year now, I have a right to voice my opinion, especially when I feel they are making a mistake.

#24 ·
Lame as hell. That hard drive price is absolute rape. Thanks to Microsoft for lying to us before (IGN, I believe?) about HDMI being able to be done on the current 360s.

This "choice" excuse for Microsoft dicking us out of the extras of their choosing is more transparent than ever. They want to give us "choice?" Fine, take the small niche market that actually NEEDS the "a" band for WiFi, and make them buy something. At least give us the WiFi features standard on the $250 Wii, for christsake.

#26 ·
"Elite" moniker notwithstanding, the PS3 still holds the hardware advantage. You still get HDMI, a BR player and the ability to swap a hard disk of your choice for not so much more money. I am not sure adding a 120GB HDD would cost $180 to bring a BR equipped PS3 on par with a HD-DVD bundled XB360Elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.