Resale value of the 360 add-on? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
DaBearsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may the wrong thread(sorry), and keep in mind I am not trying to sell this here, but what would you ask (or pay) for a used 360 add-on, with mint packaging, all the cables, remote and a once-watched, perfect condition Kong? Trust me, I am not bailing on HD, I kinda got impatient around a month ago waiting for the audio fix and purchased an A-2...

Any thoughts?

Please close if inappropriate...

XBOX GT: Chaos in HD
DaBearsFTW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just be glad you're considering this now, after the HD DVD update has come out.

The HD DVD add-on drive is a LOT more attractive for 360 owners today, now that basically all the significant issues have been corrected with the new update.

I'm thinking asking 2/3 to 3/4 of the retail price is reasonable.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
You can go to ebay and check to see what closed auctions have brought people. That may give you a good idea!

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spinksjinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
100 bucks usually...I saw some guy on CAG sell his add-on with 4 movies for 150.
spinksjinx is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BFJ 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you have another HDTV in the house, I say keep-it & add-it to that TV. That's what I did. I had an A-1 & yesterday purchase the Add-On. I moved the A-1 to the bedroom & now have the Add-On in the Family Room.

Now if I want to watch an HD DVD movie in the comforts of my bedroom, I can.....
BFJ 96 is online now  
post #6 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
DaBearsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFJ 96 View Post

If you have another HDTV in the house, I say keep-it & add-it to that TV. That's what I did. I had an A-1 & yesterday purchase the Add-On. I moved the A-1 to the bedroom & now have the Add-On in the Family Room.

Now if I want to watch an HD DVD movie in the comforts of my bedroom, I can.....

I have seriously thought about that option. Problem is, I like having my 360 hooked to my 50"LCD with 7.1 audio. The other HD set I'd consider is only a 32" with twice the viewing distance and only 2.1 audio. I couldn't justify buying another 360 for that TV. I do have an HTPC in the bedroom hooked to a 24" 1680X1050 LCD Monitor, so I could go the PowerDVD route, but I don't think I'd ever watch HD DVD's on that set.

For the good of the format I am actually thinking about donating it to a friend with a 360 and an HD set. He said he'd never pay for the add-on but he's never seen it in action.

Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate the feedback...

XBOX GT: Chaos in HD
DaBearsFTW is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBearsFTW View Post

I have seriously thought about that option. Problem is, I like having my 360 hooked to my 50"LCD with 7.1 audio. The other HD set I'd consider is only a 32" with twice the viewing distance and only 2.1 audio. I couldn't justify buying another 360 for that TV. I do have an HTPC in the bedroom hooked to a 24" 1680X1050 LCD Monitor, so I could go the PowerDVD route, but I don't think I'd ever watch HD DVD's on that set.

For the good of the format I am actually thinking about donating it to a friend with a 360 and an HD set. He said he'd never pay for the add-on but he's never seen it in action.

Give him a demo.

Pretty much everyone I've shown (broadcast cable) HD to thinks it's great. Many wouldn't buy it, but some are convinced to do so after just one viewing.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
wilson10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: OHIO
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

Give him a demo.

Pretty much everyone I've shown (broadcast cable) HD to thinks it's great. Many wouldn't buy it, but some are convinced to do so after just one viewing.

All but the cheapest focks!! LOL

Seriously, everyone I show it to thinks it so great but when the ask what it costs and how many channels I get they run like the wind. Its nuts, and whats even more funny is some of them even have HDTV's. Crazy huh!

On another note, I was in the local cable office paying the bill for the firehouse, and there was an old man in there.....he was at least in his mid 70's and was confirming the hook up for hd and said his new LCD was just delivered. I couldn't help but tell him congratulations and to enjoy it, he was so excited to get it all hooked up.

Live: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216
Fire Fighter IAFF Local 216 Ohio
Union Proud!
wilson10 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do you a computer that can make use of the drive? If you have the right hardware, all you'd need is the software.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson10 View Post

All but the cheapest focks!! LOL

Seriously, everyone I show it to thinks it so great but when the ask what it costs and how many channels I get they run like the wind. Its nuts, and whats even more funny is some of them even have HDTV's. Crazy huh!

We get lots of HD TV channels here, and it doesn't cost extra except for the extra cost of the HD cable box. (It's $100 more I think to buy it, or else $10 more per month to rent it.)

Quote:


On another note, I was in the local cable office paying the bill for the firehouse, and there was an old man in there.....he was at least in his mid 70's and was confirming the hook up for hd and said his new LCD was just delivered. I couldn't help but tell him congratulations and to enjoy it, he was so excited to get it all hooked up.

My mom-the-senior-citizen got her first HD TV (LCD) last month. Thinking she wouldn't care much about HD, we got her an SD cable box. I plugged it in and the very first thing she said was "It's not very clear."

So, I ran out and swapped it for an HD box... "Thank you. Very clear now."
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
methcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lbc
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
check out the threads for the circuit city deal this week. nice.

Waiting For Neural Implants.
methcat is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwv651's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Sams Club in Joliet IL has the HD DVD add on for $135 if anyone is interested.

Joe V.
jwv651 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dahlsim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBearsFTW View Post

This may the wrong thread(sorry), and keep in mind I am not trying to sell this here, but what would you ask (or pay) for a used 360 add-on, with mint packaging, all the cables, remote and a once-watched, perfect condition Kong? Trust me, I am not bailing on HD, I kinda got impatient around a month ago waiting for the audio fix and purchased an A-2...

Any thoughts?

Please close if inappropriate...

Check your PM.

Family DVD Collection
Insider thread last question? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784, British Author
Dahlsim is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 05-16-2007, 05:27 AM
Member
 
WantABigScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

Give him a demo.

Pretty much everyone I've shown (broadcast cable) HD to thinks it's great. Many wouldn't buy it, but some are convinced to do so after just one viewing.

Yup. That's how I got my in-laws to go to HD. The great thing about my situation was, I actually saved $20 a month going to HD and movie channels, from basic. However, there are Three cable companies in my area, so it's really compeditive. You can get a really great rate, but you have to call (ofcourse they're not going to tell you how much you can save, unless you ask).

I'll be damned.... this is the Matrix!!
WantABigScreen is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off