Forza 2 Motorsport : Have you gotten yours? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My "pre-order" at BB finally arrived TODAY. This is why I stopped doing pre-orders years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

only for halo 3 will I pre-order.
post #93 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM

mine shipped today after me paying for it to be here on wednesday. Thanks, Amazon. No more preorders from me either.

Gamertag: Bonfirehat
post #94 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I quit pre orders after the last Madden fiasco!

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #95 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Got mine on Wednesday. I plan to pimp out an RX7 and take it online this weekend.

Live GT: Destructorbot PSN: BassTek
post #96 of 154 Old 06-01-2007, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
i only pre-order from liongames.com, mainly because i paid 40 a game for halo 3, bioshock, and mass effect. so even if i get them a couple days late it wont matter because i saved 20 bucks.

i'm not worried about halo 3 being late, i think i'll be playing forza/dirt/bioshock still, maybe shadowrun, two worlds, and eternal sonata, and i've played the crap out of the beta so i wont feel compelled to have it at the very first second possible. mass effect on the other hand i'd like to have asap, i cant wait for this game to come out!

forza 2 is still rocking, i have shadowrun staring at me from inside of an unopened package, and i havent had the urge to pull forza 2 out of the disc drive... yet.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #97 of 154 Old 06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard_x View Post

Yes I have that setting in the dashboard but it didn't do anything in the demo.

Could you point out where that setting is in the dashboard? Didnt see it when i checked. Thanks
post #98 of 154 Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 AM
AST

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard_x View Post

Is there an option to change the controls in this game? There wasn't in the demo so i'm not sure i would enjoy it.

I like to have down/up shift on the triggers, and gas/brake/ebrake on the face buttons. this comes from years and years of GT on psx..

You can change it in game, just not in the demo.
post #99 of 154 Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
One thing I like about this game that I had wished was in PGR3.
If you are having trouble with a race in PGR3 and you get frustrated and go out and buy the best car there is you go back to the race and most of the opponents now have vehicles that are equal or better then yours (unless you got that boring GT then its just equal).

In this game if you are having trouble with a race, you know what your opponents have so you can go out and buy or upgrade your car so that it is better and as long as it meets the race requirements you are good to go. But in this game it is not always the best car that wins either as there is a lot of skillful driving involved. So I can race an A class car against some C class car and still get beat if my A class car has crpy handling (either by me or bad tuning\\parts selection).

Now there are some instances where this makes it a blow out. Especially on races where there are not a lot of turns. Playing in NA when I got my first asian car it was like a class C or something (dont remember at the moment) I went and raced the asian open which were all D class cars. As long as I didnt wipe out I was golden. In fact in a few sections I did wipe out but still was able to recover enough to win. Its nice to have the easy races in there with the hard ones.

One of the bad features of this game is the car buying menus. You can show the car list and you can sort by what you want (both good) but if you select one car to look at decide you dont want it and hit back you dont go back to the car list. If you hit "car list" it only shows you cars of the manufacturer whos menu you are in. So you have to go all the way back out to all regions, select car list again, find they item you want to sort by again and then sort. It would be nice if you could just go back to the last list you were on so that you can compare cars quickely. Oh well beggers cant be choosers I guess.
post #100 of 154 Old 06-03-2007, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

OK. I got forza 2 and its a pretty cool game. I got a the wheel and everything. But I cant really play this game for too long before I get bored. Am I the only one? I thought it would be a little more action packed. I kinda agree that the game is about cars and less about racing.
post #101 of 154 Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 PM
AST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

OK. I got forza 2 and its a pretty cool game. I got a the wheel and everything. But I cant really play this game for too long before I get bored. Am I the only one? I thought it would be a little more action packed. I kinda agree that the game is about cars and less about racing.

You're the only one. Sell it on Ebay. Car sims are not for you.
post #102 of 154 Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

I disagree with you but it definitely is not a game for everyone. I could just race around an empty track (I have the wheel as well) and totally feel like I am actually on the track.

There isn't really any action, just the suspense of biding your time to make that pass for first place. You can't try to win a race on the first turn with this game. You need patience. Any time I try to get to agressive going into a corner on the inside, I am always on the losing end of things.

Gamertag: Big Turk
post #103 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 02:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZeeMan View Post

I disagree with you but it definitely is not a game for everyone. I could just race around an empty track (I have the wheel as well) and totally feel like I am actually on the track.

There isn't really any action, just the suspense of biding your time to make that pass for first place. You can't try to win a race on the first turn with this game. You need patience. Any time I try to get to agressive going into a corner on the inside, I am always on the losing end of things.

First when I had my crpy car I thought the game was harder and could only wreck people out to win (single player).

Then I started getting some good cars and was racing them against outclassed cars so then I thought the game was simple and could see how it would get boring.

THEN I started getting into races that require you have specific types of cars and some of the opponents were definitely not outclassed and it took some work to get cars setup just right for the race to be at least even with those other drivers. Then the races were back and forth affairs with someone passing me on the last stretch (frustrating) or me taking someone at the last turn or boxing them out on the last stretch (elating).

I played this game all weekend and am not yet bored with it but I could see how some people may become so.
post #104 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Picked this up the other day. The graphics are better than the demo, they definitely got rid of the jaggies.

I suggest starting on professional, no braking assistance needed!
post #105 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

It would be nice if you could just go back to the last list you were on so that you can compare cars quickely. Oh well beggers cant be choosers I guess.

no that is a very valid statement. Try searching for all Mid Engine RWDs. Not easy.
post #106 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 114
jaggies are still there, there is no difference, Man how long is this arguement going to go on for? it is just worse on some cars then others.

Anyways, does this game get challenging? I'm at level 15, japanese region. I started on intermediate and thinking it should be on hard because even with stock cars I'm flying through it. I didn't need to buy car yet. I haven't even had to tune a car yet...well, actually I had to tune my crappy camaro a bit.
post #107 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

Anyways, does this game get challenging? I'm at level 15, japanese region. I started on intermediate and thinking it should be on hard because even with stock cars I'm flying through it.

There's definitely a big difficulty jump between intermediate & champion. I started playing on Champion and it was a struggle to get a third place finish, even when I had the highest ranked car. Then last night I switched to intermediate for a few races and managed to grab 1st in every race, even when I was outclassed by a few other cars.
post #108 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

A feature I wish was in Forza2 is a list of all your discounts for easy reference. I've got so many that I don't remember most of them. For example, I believe I obtained a discount on wheel rims, but only from a certain shop. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about the details of this discount.) Days later, I'm looking for some new rims, but there are dozen of shops and it's a waste of time trying to hunt down this particular place. Another example is the part category discounts.

If there is such a list, how do I find it? If not, I'm surprised no one at Turn 10 thought this would be a helpful convenience.
post #109 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
For those that are getting bored of the game, I see the game as this.......Off-Line is just getting used to the game, buying cars and getting ready for the real fun.....On-line is were all the fun is......Just finding a car that you really like to use, tuning it, painting it and then racing your creation against others and seeing there cars they made is just to cool to me.......I thing the tournaments are a great addition also. Just find some friends that like the game and have fun racing them............
post #110 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I have not tried online yet. I will give it a shot.
post #111 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Online is good, with good people. I had a few good games and quite a few bad ones. Make sure to stay away from the cosmetic damage games if you want anything close to a realistic experience.

Live GT: Destructorbot PSN: BassTek
post #112 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsArcade View Post

A feature I wish was in Forza2 is a list of all your discounts for easy reference. I've got so many that I don't remember most of them. For example, I believe I obtained a discount on wheel rims, but only from a certain shop. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about the details of this discount.) Days later, I'm looking for some new rims, but there are dozen of shops and it's a waste of time trying to hunt down this particular place. Another example is the part category discounts.

If there is such a list, how do I find it? If not, I'm surprised no one at Turn 10 thought this would be a helpful convenience.

Press your right bumper at the Career menu screen.

59 Blu-rays and counting...
post #113 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Difficulty? I started on intermediate but found it too easy so I started tweaking the difficulty settings.

Is champion just all difficulty settings set to the hardest? I assume so since their aren't different achievements for each level, it just takes longer with the difficulty set too easy.

My Band: Scotch on Sunday
360 and PS3 owner
post #114 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post

Press your right bumper at the Career menu screen.

Boy do I feel like an idiot. That was too easy.
post #115 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
AST

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

jaggies are still there, there is no difference, Man how long is this arguement going to go on for? it is just worse on some cars then others.

Anyways, does this game get challenging? I'm at level 15, japanese region. I started on intermediate and thinking it should be on hard because even with stock cars I'm flying through it. I didn't need to buy car yet. I haven't even had to tune a car yet...well, actually I had to tune my crappy camaro a bit.

The aliasing is MUCH improved on the retail version. I'm not sure why you would even try to deny it. It's been said over and over on this forum as well as all the Forza forums. You seem to be in denial about this.

As for the difficutly, that's why there are 3 difficulty levels to choose from.
post #116 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
AST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post

Difficulty? I started on intermediate but found it too easy so I started tweaking the difficulty settings.

Is champion just all difficulty settings set to the hardest? I assume so since their aren't different achievements for each level, it just takes longer with the difficulty set too easy.

Did you finish the game yet and do you have a screenshot of 100% completion? Otherwise don't even speak about the difficulty if you haven't completed it. The difficulty ramps up slowly even at intermediate.
post #117 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST View Post

Did you finish the game yet and do you have a screenshot of 100% completion? Otherwise don't even speak about the difficulty if you haven't completed it. The difficulty ramps up slowly even at intermediate.

Wow! Are you serious?

I was asking a legit question, not bragging, I wanted to understand the differences. I haven't come close to finishing and yes I'm now getting my butt kicked as I turned up the difficulty, but that has nothing to do with original question.

My Band: Scotch on Sunday
360 and PS3 owner
post #118 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 PM

this game is the ultimate! Earlier I was playing and having a blast and then I just decided to fart around with the paint jobs. Man I could do this forever. Is Forza a good enough reason to dump a girl?
post #119 of 154 Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM

"Scotch on Sunday"? "Whiskey>Work"???

I'm thinking: are these people I want to drive with?

JK

Gamertag: Big Turk
post #120 of 154 Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 AM

Question for those of you who have gotten farther in the game. Are there any NEW tracks in FM2 versus Forza 1?

Just starting the game and it just seems as this is FM1 with a new coat of paint. Am I wrong here?

Kinda disappointed actually

Thanks.

Keither

Gamertag: The Keither
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page