Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatonjohn View Post

They usually do until they don't.

thanks yogi berra

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post

On the day before my birthday, 7 months after the purchase of my 1st Xbox360 - the red ring of death.
Thank you so much MS - you made my day.

Today is my birthday too. I bought an Elite and am hoping that RROD is discriminant against the new 360s.

Happy Birthday.

I Like Digital!
post #33 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I think this is the longest a "My 360 died" thread has made it before being locked.

But just in case:
post #34 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 PM

haha, I love that episode mastahkaz. Reading Rainbow for the win!
post #35 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey View Post

haha, I love that episode mastahkaz. Reading Rainbow for the win!

haha, I've seen that before. That gif is great! that guy is Weathers right?
post #36 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPAYNEoo View Post

haha, I've seen that before. That gif is great! that guy is Weathers right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeVar_Burton
post #37 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeVar_Burton

Ah, that's right.... HAHA what was I thinking? He does look like Carl Weathers though...

I'm getting old.
post #38 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze View Post

Congrats to me...

My Launch system works flawlessly.

It makes my day when people who post stuff like this finally get a failure and post it here. Talk about bringing a smile to my face

Hey JohnnyPraze, bad luck with that launch 360!
post #39 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

My slightly post-launch system continues to work perfectly. I await the day in which mine fails just to put a smile on your face Evangelo2.
post #40 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Mercifully I'm going on 1 year without the RRoD, but I've got a question. When and if (mostly like when) I too experience the joy that is system failure, will I lose my Hard rive data and sav games? Should I be backing them up on a seperate memory card or something?

I hope I never do anything to bring shame to myself, my family......or my other family.
post #41 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonMcGurk View Post

Mercifully I'm going on 1 year without the RRoD, but I've got a question. When and if (mostly like when) I too experience the joy that is system failure, will I lose my Hard rive data and sav games? Should I be backing them up on a seperate memory card or something?

Assuming your harddrive doesn't fail, you'll never lose them. You don't have to send in the hd when you send in the console for service.
post #42 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I submitted a BBB complaint MSFT called me this morning to "resolve the issue" and to try and save their butt of saying "4-6 weeks is normal and ok since we extended your warranty for 3 years for the 3 red rings and we are sorry you are losing out on our LIVE service and video rentals as it is out of our control"

You know what they offered me? A brand new console in 4-6 weeks, I asked them why it would take so long and why because its just going to break again...The time period is inexcusable and the comments given to me were totally unwarranted. The rep didnt know what to say and offered to throw in a free title...I asked him if he even read the BBB complaint of saying cheap fillers to put a bandaid on a reoccuring problem is not the solution. I asked him if this new 360 they would ship me would have the cooler chipset and be redesigned inside and the guy said it would be just like your current one...I was running late and couldnt stand it so I just hung up on him. I've had enough.

I did mention to the guy that since Microsoft is basically recalling every single 360 that recieves the 3 red lights and is extending that warranty to 3 years that they will continue their mediocre repair process and program the 360s not to give 3 red lights but one or two, hence not making MSFT liable for another repair. I so caught him off guard with that comment and he left him silent.
post #43 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I want mine to die the day I can get a new model. My BB ESP runs out in Feb.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #44 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 44
i'm in the same boat as mine just died this week after owning it for 1.7 years.
post #45 of 55 Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Coffin just arrived today and it goes to UPS tomorrow.

Jim
post #46 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This was actually the best present I could get (3 rings), I took my box into Microcenter (I had taken out their extended service plan), they said sure, we will swap it out. Then one of their salesmen came over and asked me why I didn't want to swap it for an Elite - surprised I asked if that was possible - and it was.
All I had to pay was the incremental cost (about $70) over the price of my original Xbox purchase, and I have a brand new Elite at home.

The Elite is quieter than the previous unit.

Alls well that ends well...

(for now)
post #47 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post

This was actually the best present I could get (3 rings), I took my box into Microcenter (I had taken out their extended service plan), they said sure, we will swap it out. Then one of their salesmen came over and asked me why I didn't want to swap it for an Elite - surprised I asked if that was possible - and it was.
All I had to pay was the incremental cost (about $70) over the price of my original Xbox purchase, and I have a brand new Elite at home.

The Elite is quieter than the previous unit.

Alls well that ends well...

(for now)

Wow that is a good deal.
post #48 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post

I submitted a BBB complaint MSFT called me this morning to "resolve the issue" and to try and save their butt of saying "4-6 weeks is normal and ok since we extended your warranty for 3 years for the 3 red rings and we are sorry you are losing out on our LIVE service and video rentals as it is out of our control"

You know what they offered me? A brand new console in 4-6 weeks, I asked them why it would take so long and why because its just going to break again...The time period is inexcusable and the comments given to me were totally unwarranted. The rep didnt know what to say and offered to throw in a free title...I asked him if he even read the BBB complaint of saying cheap fillers to put a bandaid on a reoccuring problem is not the solution. I asked him if this new 360 they would ship me would have the cooler chipset and be redesigned inside and the guy said it would be just like your current one...I was running late and couldnt stand it so I just hung up on him. I've had enough.

I did mention to the guy that since Microsoft is basically recalling every single 360 that recieves the 3 red lights and is extending that warranty to 3 years that they will continue their mediocre repair process and program the 360s not to give 3 red lights but one or two, hence not making MSFT liable for another repair. I so caught him off guard with that comment and he left him silent.

I don't understand your point now except to get on this board and complain and hope it makes you look like some kind of hero to certain people. I can understand your frustration and being mad at MS for selling you a system that you no longer have faith in and do not want. You have said that you are going to get rid of it when you get it. So you turned down their offer of giving you a brand new system and a game which is more valuable than just a refurbished system? To what end? In the same time frame they are going to give you the refurbished system anyway! The BBB will look at this as MS did something reasonable and most people reading the complaint would also see it as reasonable. I don't usually waste my time attacking other post on this forum and I hope you don't take this as a personal attack. MS could have kept this at a 1 year warranty and left a lot of people high and dry. I personally doubt it would have hurt them that much in the long run. They have deep pockets and a lawsuit and resulting settlement may have even cost them less than $1b or at the least they could have kept it in court for so long that the next system would have come out and all you would have got out of it was a game. The main thing is I have enjoyed hearing about your reviews of the games you have played on this system. Plus your other posts have been a joy to read and a benefit to the forum. I have even clicked on your name from time to time when I have seen it on other threads just to see what other posts you have made for the day. But I can not stand negative posts by someone that are made only to elicit more group posts, always by the same clique of people, who usually don't even have the system, that turns a thread into a flame war. Their name always appears in any negative thread of the system they don't like. Or they make a negative comment when there is positive news for the system you enjoy. Threadcrapping, just because they can. I hope you do not become one of them. I will miss seeing your posts in the xbox forum but the ps3 forum or wii forum probably needs a few more people that actually plays the games and will let them know how they feel about them. If you change your mind and decide to keep playing on a 360, let us know about any new games you will be playing. I have Nascar '08 coming next week and hope it is a winner.
post #49 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Well my "Elite" is dyeing or mostly dead as it will run for about 4 minutes and then freeze. No red lights though. Great stuff.
post #50 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post

I don't understand your point now except to get on this board and complain and hope it makes you look like some kind of hero to certain people. I can understand your frustration and being mad at MS for selling you a system that you no longer have faith in and do not want. You have said that you are going to get rid of it when you get it. So you turned down their offer of giving you a brand new system and a game which is more valuable than just a refurbished system? To what end? In the same time frame they are going to give you the refurbished system anyway! The BBB will look at this as MS did something reasonable and most people reading the complaint would also see it as reasonable. I don't usually waste my time attacking other post on this forum and I hope you don't take this as a personal attack. MS could have kept this at a 1 year warranty and left a lot of people high and dry. I personally doubt it would have hurt them that much in the long run. They have deep pockets and a lawsuit and resulting settlement may have even cost them less than $1b or at the least they could have kept it in court for so long that the next system would have come out and all you would have got out of it was a game. The main thing is I have enjoyed hearing about your reviews of the games you have played on this system. Plus your other posts have been a joy to read and a benefit to the forum. I have even clicked on your name from time to time when I have seen it on other threads just to see what other posts you have made for the day. But I can not stand negative posts by someone that are made only to elicit more group posts, always by the same clique of people, who usually don't even have the system, that turns a thread into a flame war. Their name always appears in any negative thread of the system they don't like. Or they make a negative comment when there is positive news for the system you enjoy. Threadcrapping, just because they can. I hope you do not become one of them. I will miss seeing your posts in the xbox forum but the ps3 forum or wii forum probably needs a few more people that actually plays the games and will let them know how they feel about them. If you change your mind and decide to keep playing on a 360, let us know about any new games you will be playing. I have Nascar '08 coming next week and hope it is a winner.

Point taken, but the frustration just keeps getting higher and higher with this company. The reason I declined the new console is because they said it would take 4-6 weeks the same period of time that it would take to get MY original console shipped back to me with the new drive and heatsink the rep previously promised would be added. Plus 4-6 weeks to receive a new as opposed to my original one fixed is not very logical. I posted the complaint to the BBB because a 4th console in 1.5 years with the same BS excuses from the customer service and supervisors I have dealt with is just a bit excessive and ridiculous. I mean the lady on the phone stated "Your wait time is 4-6 weeks because we extended your warranty for 3 years" They DID NOT mention that they were backed up with other repairs and when I mentioned I was losing out on my video services and LIVE all they could give me was an apology and say "that is out of our control." Common sense and being courteous to your supporters can go a long way and my whole repair process this time around has been a nightmare. Before I wouldnt have cared no matter how many times it failed me I always knew MSFT would take care of me in a prompt manner. Now I get the run around and they feel like they done me a favor by extending my warranty when I am already covered until the end of 2009 with my PAID warranty.

Like I said before I would have preferred to kept paying 60 bucks a year and kept the service the same instead of giving me 3 and getting crapped on.

On a side note, I already stated that the big M sucked me back in. I tried my ps3 as a gaming machine and I just cant bring myself to it. Its not the games, I like the games its the controller. I cant use that damn thing for the life of me and its a piece of trash. So for now its a BR machine and when Ratchet and Clank comes out I will use it for games...But for now I am 360 less and it kills me people have to put up with the treatment MSFT is recently dealing out, as if they are doing us a favor in something they should have done from the start.
post #51 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Point taken, but the frustration just keeps getting higher and higher with this company

Like I said, I just didn't want you to become one of those that jump into every negative thread just for the sake of jumping. It just attracts the wrong crowd for this type of forum. Not that I don't want to hear about your final resolution. I do want to know the endgame. But like I said, you have contributed too much to the forum to just become a tool for the marketing of something else.

And to your other point. The only thing I have ever faulted the playstation for was the controller. I have never gotten use to it. I owned a Colecovision and that controller was a beast but I liked it better than the playstation model. It just feels awkward when I hold it. If it was the only system out there though, I would force myself to get use to it though.
post #52 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post

Like I said, I just didn't want you to become one of those that jump into every negative thread just for the sake of jumping. It just attracts the wrong crowd for this type of forum. Not that I don't want to hear about your final resolution. I do want to know the endgame. But like I said, you have contributed too much to the forum to just become a tool for the marketing of something else.

And to your other point. The only thing I have ever faulted the playstation for was the controller. I have never gotten use to it. I owned a Colecovision and that controller was a beast but I liked it better than the playstation model. It just feels awkward when I hold it. If it was the only system out there though, I would force myself to get use to it though.

Im at these forums a lot and right before my 360 crapped out I bought like 4 new games and without my console what else can I talk about! I'll tone it down a bit. ..At least until I get another update. But I keep bringing my situation up because other people on these boards insist it is false and they will get their console back within the original time frame of previous repairs...Speaking of which hey Derrick got your console back? haha..

Whats ironic is I loved my ps2 but hated the OG controller and fell in love with the logitech wireless..That controller was god like, but I still hate the ps3s and the original ps2...Id rather grab a Jaguar controller than play with that piece of crap...Not to mention I flicked off one of my lower shoulder buttons.
post #53 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 AM

spinksjinx, A friend of mine who made it to E3 said the Nyko controller is much better for him (he also doesn't like the standard PS3 pad), very similar to the 360's pad, very comfortable.

Quote:

For the ultimate solution in PS3 gaming, the Zero Wireless Controller is the final word in wireless and convenient controller options. Continuing the popularity of Nyko's Zero controller line, the PS3 Zero features a unique metal polymer hybrid design putting the most advanced controller into the hands of PS3 gamers. Able to provide up to 25 hours of continuous play with the included removable and rechargeable NiMH battery, the Zero also features a revolutionary wireless chipset that provides a reliable and accurate range of up to 30 feet as well as backlit LED buttons and precision analog sticks, buttons, and triggers for maximum durability. The controller is also equipped with a precise accelerometer that detects six different directions of motion for the most accurate game play experience. The Zero Wireless Controller is available in three distinct color schemes to match the tastes of any gamer.
(from Peench - I played around with this controller at E3 and it ROCKED!!)

post #54 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

spinksjinx, A friend of mine who made it to E3 said the Nyko controller is much better for him (he also doesn't like the standard PS3 pad), very similar to the 360's pad, very comfortable.

Holy crap, that controller looks pretty comfortable. I love the concave analog sticks.

When does that hit the market? I also like that the analog sticks sit lower to the face buttons than the sixxaxis and dual shock.

It looks good and is something I will definately look into when I see it on the shelf, but its something I would have to try before I buy since I feel the analog stick up at the top left is a better position for my gaming style than 2 bottom analogs...For shooters I just cant get the hang of it. But I will definately look out for that controller.
post #55 of 55 Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Holy crap, that controller looks pretty comfortable. I love the concave analog sticks.

When does that hit the market? I also like that the analog sticks sit lower to the face buttons than the sixxaxis and dual shock.

It looks good and is something I will definately look into when I see it on the shelf, but its something I would have to try before I buy since I feel the analog stick up at the top left is a better position for my gaming style than 2 bottom analogs...For shooters I just cant get the hang of it. But I will definately look out for that controller.

August though I'm not sure the exact date. A few other Nyko products as well:

http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6722
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page