Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 10626 Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Yes.. But I don't think the 555's are as bass heavy, & bloated as the Bose though.

So can you hear any bass in the 555's? I do very much like to hear a lowe end like in the bose that I tried but I cant imagine that being to healthy for your ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

you can definitely hear bass, it's just not overstated its present though.... No doubt.
post #453 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C View Post

^ i bought my 3.5/2.5 adaptor at radioshack for like $2.50

i can't imagine ebay being that much cheaper

actually the total was $2.49 to my door. it is stereo (for those that care) and with prices the way they are nowadays you would spend $5 in gas just driving to radio shack!
post #454 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
A.C
Advanced Member

perhaps... however time is money. if i can buy locally i do b/c i can't stand waiting. i prefer instant gratification

XBL: HiFi Buckeye
PSN: hifibuckeye
post #455 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM

most that need it are ordering the zalman mic so they're waiting anyway. haven't seen a local store yet that carries the zm mic-1.
post #456 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
A.C
Advanced Member

radio shack has a similar clip on mic (which i also bought) for like $5. it is "white," not black however. but still, i was out the door for $7.50 and playing online the very same day.

all i'm saying is that i got good/cheap stuff local with zero turnaround. others mileage may vary.

post #457 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Hello everyone ... I own the trittons and I really like them.

They work great for what they are. I do agree that the 555 or 595 are better sounding though. But for a cheap all in one gaming headset the trittons are great.

Anyways the point of this post is .... I just got off the phone with the folks over at tritton and I asked if they were going to be releasing a wireless version of the A360's ... He couldn't give me much info other than they will defiantly be improved and they will be "WIRELESS" yep "WIRELESS" ...

That is some great news, or at least I think so. He said they plan on releasing them first part of next year, so that means right around the corner if everything goes as planned.
post #458 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow I would consider that for convenience alone as long as it's fairly priced.
post #459 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Good to hear that you like them, I should have mine shortly (thank you dogmanky) I am really looking forward to them and if they come out with some wireless ones that will be even better. I will just have to convince the wife to upgrade LOL. Dogmanky, that should make you happy too, didn't you say if they were wireless you would have kept them?

Awesome news regardless. Thanks for the update, will be nice to see what else they can improve on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylor View Post

They work great for what they are. I do agree that the 555 or 595 are better sounding though. But for a cheap all in one gaming headset the trittons are great.

Anyways the point of this post is .... I just got off the phone with the folks over at tritton and I asked if they were going to be releasing a wireless version of the A360's ... He couldn't give me much info other than they will defiantly be improved and they will be "WIRELESS" yep "WIRELESS" ...

That is some great news, or at least I think so. He said they plan on releasing them first part of next year, so that means right around the corner if everything goes as planned.

Live: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216
Fire Fighter IAFF Local 216 Ohio
Union Proud!
post #460 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFOOTBALLGIANTS View Post

Wow I would consider that for convenience alone as long as it's fairly priced.

I am guessing they will charge $50 - $100 dollars more. If they prove themselves worthy, I will gladly pay $200 for them. I am sure they are going to fix the few nit picks people have with them now, and also improve the sound.

They would really be a convenience being wireless and being specifically made for gaming.
post #461 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I just went through both RF and IR wireless headphones and now I have the HD595s. Wireless didn't work for my situation due to interference (RF) or signal dropout (IR).

Now I just need to make myself a custom 1/4" M/F cable to run to my seating position. I found this as a guide: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52044

What I would like is a single cable that would double as my subwoofer cable and headphone extention using a Y at each end. My subwoofer is right next to my chair and has a single composite cable run of about 35` along my baseboards, not sure about cramming another cable in with it.

post #462 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:

wireless adds convience, but you also get a degrade in SQ.. Wired is best for optimal performance..

The #1 spot for gaming headphones/headsets/Mic mods/DH 5.1/links & more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #463 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI View Post

wireless adds convience, but you also get a degrade in SQ.. Wired is best for optimal performance..

That's true ... But the PIONEER sound pretty damn good and their wireless.

If they can get them to sound that good and include a good microphone, than that is the ultimate convenience.
post #464 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's true ... But the PIONEER sound pretty damn good and their wireless.

If they can get them to sound that good and include a good microphone, than that is the ultimate convenience.

True, but the Pioneers are in a whole other class then the Trittons..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #465 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI View Post

True, but the Pioneers are in a whole other class then the Trittons..

True ... You are the the "TRITTON KILLER" lol.

I know Pioneer is a better set of headphones. I just think that most people like convenience.

Just my opinion.
post #466 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 03:41 PM

I wouldn't classify KBI as the Tritton killer. He just points out the good and bad of each product. He is an audiophile that has an ear. I think most anyone that researches at least a LITTLE know that there are better cans out there then the Tritton's but cost a good bit more. KBI has said this himself and has said for what they are, they do a fine job (need to find the post but I know it was something like that)

Me personally, I just want something that will give me a nice sound with some directional idea of where shots are coming from and with xbox live functionality that I can just thrown on late at night. The Tritton's I HOPE will do that for me.

Quote:

I know Pioneer is a better set of headphones. I just think that most people like convenience.

Just my opinion.

Live: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216
Fire Fighter IAFF Local 216 Ohio
Union Proud!
post #467 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 PM

It was a Joke ...
post #468 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just my opinion.

Yes, convenience is a factor with some people.

I recommend them (Trittons) for a all in one solution, under a 100.00.. I know you are joking.. I'm not a fan of 5.1 headsets with multiple drivers, but there is a market for them, & they do SS pretty well..

post #469 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson10 View Post

I wouldn't classify KBI as the Tritton killer. He just points out the good and bad of each product. He is an audiophile that has an ear. I think most anyone that researches at least a LITTLE know that there are better cans out there then the Tritton's but cost a good bit more. KBI has said this himself and has said for what they are, they do a fine job (need to find the post but I know it was something like that)

Me personally, I just want something that will give me a nice sound with some directional idea of where shots are coming from and with xbox live functionality that I can just thrown on late at night. The Tritton's I HOPE will do that for me.

If you never heard of a stereo headphone in the price range of the Trittons, I'm sure the SQ will impress you.. Should give you a good idea where shots are coming from..

post #470 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
A.C
Advanced Member

after 120 matches of Halo 3 online - using all manner of input signals/combinations - i have concluded that my brain just doesn't process SS well via headphones. more often than not - i find myself unsure of an enemy's incoming fire by ~60 degrees. it could be the game's audio processor... however i strongly suspect it is the lack of a discrete 5 channel system.

that is not to say that i dislike the overall experience - at all - however it is my hypothesis that a true 5.1 setup would in fact prove a discernible advantage during online combat. at least for me.

post #471 of 10626 Old 10-11-2007, 08:10 PM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C View Post

after 120 matches of Halo 3 online - using all manner of input signals/combinations - i have concluded that my brain just doesn't process SS well via headphones. more often than not - i find myself unsure of an enemy's incoming fire by ~60 degrees. it could be the game's audio processor... however i strongly suspect it is the lack of a discrete 5 channel system.

that is not to say that i dislike the overall experience - at all - however it is my hypothesis that a true 5.1 setup would in fact prove a discernible advantage during online combat. at least for me.

Thats why I see 5.1 headphones as more of a 'gimmick'.. They work, but not nearly as well as a 5.1 speaker set up.. & with 5.1 headphones with multiple drivers, you have them too close to each other, so it's more difficult to pin point gun fire etc..(but still better then some stereo headphones) & the rear speakers are inside the cups, not outside.. I still like the SS through headphones though..

post #472 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 03:06 AM

Down to just two possibly dumb questions.

1) Does the JVC accept Front Rear and Center analog inputs, such as a pc Audio card might have?

I'm already leaning towards getting the 595s. If I have to buy a new sound card with Optical out to make this work, I will.

Lastly I need to know:

3) Is there is a way to get an digital optical signal to the JVC 5.1 unit, but still also 'split' the signal so it also goes to my home theater receiver?

That way I can switch back and forth, or The Wife can do so for her exercise programs and such. I've tried looking at pictures of the JCV, but I don't see a pass through?

As always, thanks for taking the time to read whatever I've posted above this signature.
post #473 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 AM

HEY GUYS NICE THREAD!!!!! I'm new here. well i got a question for the owner of xbox 360. see i use rca to connect the audio from the VGA microsoft cable to my computer and i m lookin for headphone too well my question is do i need a good soundcard for my PC to get good audio on headphone? if i connect it to my HDTV instead would it sound good? or it doesnt matter where you connect your headphone? i read on page 3 or something one guy said he connected it to the xbox 360 how is that possible? thanks all !
post #474 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 AM

hey guys
i just got the tritton AX360 a couple of days ago
i think that it`s a great headset except that the volume even set at maximum is not strong enough for me
can i add an another amplifier to the one that came with the headset ?
or do you guys think that my headset is defective ?
thanks a lot

GT: ZIZO79
post #475 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 AM
KBI
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo79 View Post

hey guys
i think that it`s a great headset except that the volume even set at maximum is not strong enough for me
thanks a lot

If the Trittons support a line out you can use a portable amp to drive the Trittons..

post #476 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo79 View Post

hey guys
thanks a lot

Personally I do not understand how you could play with them at max as of right now. They would make my ears bleed. Maybe there is something wrong with them ??
post #477 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM
A.C
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibilance View Post

1) Does the JVC accept Front Rear and Center analog inputs, such as a pc Audio card might have?

3) Is there is a way to get an digital optical signal to the JVC 5.1 unit, but still also 'split' the signal so it also goes to my home theater receiver?

1. No. The JVC has two input jacks. Mini-optical (female) & 3.5mm line-in (male). That's it.

2. Yes. Something like this should work:
http://www.amazon.com/CABLES-TO-GO-2.../dp/B0002344GG

post #478 of 10626 Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Gave it some more thought. Ordered a set of SE-DIR2000C headphones, since I'll need a set of cans for The Wife as well. This way I can plug in a pair of wired headphones and get a two for one. Kinda. Sorta. Whatever.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read whatever I've posted above this signature.
post #479 of 10626 Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibilance View Post

Gave it some more thought. Ordered a set of SE-DIR2000C headphones, since I'll need a set of cans for The Wife as well. This way I can plug in a pair of wired headphones and get a two for one. Kinda. Sorta. Whatever.

Or buy the second pair of wireless headphones for the DIR2000.
post #480 of 10626 Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM

god the zalman mic cable is long. didn't really check it out much b/c everyone here was suggesting it. i'm assuming it performs well but i'm gonna have to shorten it somehow. don't want to hack it,.. maybe just like a zip-tie type deal.

zip ties might look pretty gay though,.. any other thoughts/methods for shortening it?
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page