post #8701 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by SID3W8Z View Post

General.... keep me in the loop about the K702.. I'm interested. Well, when do you think you'll have your HD800 and make a decision about the K702?

Before month end for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the Yamaha RX-V1800 receiver, Xbox 360, and the Pioneer BDP-320 blu-ray player and I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ohm version). I have the DT880 connected to the headphone jack on my receiver and I'm surprised on well my Yamaha receiver drives the DT880's. I'm not sure if I should have gone with DT880 (32 Ohm version) or the AKG K702's for gaming use and watching blu-ray movies.
post #8703 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post

I have the Yamaha RX-V1800 receiver, Xbox 360, and the Pioneer BDP-320 blu-ray player and I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ohm version). I have the DT880 connected to the headphone jack on my receiver and I'm surprised on well my Yamaha receiver drives the DT880's. I'm not sure if I should have gone with DT880 (32 Ohm version) or the AKG K702's for gaming use and watching blu-ray movies.

FWIW my DT880's (250Ω) sounded much better from my receiver than my K702's.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #8704 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
'nerd: The ES7's being more comfy than the MS1s? Lol, and I thought the ES7s were supposed to be bad in comfort. Damn makes me wary Grados.

SWZ: That PX200 with S60 pads might be more comfy, but I highly doubt anyone would prefer wearing that in public over the ES7s.

Also, let's compare pictures of the ES7s, from the box, to the way they're packaged inside, to the headphones themselves. I hope we didn't get fakes. I'll burn Beachcamera if they started selling fakes.

post #8705 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

'nerd: The ES7's being more comfy than the MS1s? Lol, and I thought the ES7s were supposed to be bad in comfort. Damn makes me wary Grados.

SWZ: That PX200 with S60 pads might be more comfy, but I highly doubt anyone would prefer wearing that in public over the ES7s.

Also, let's compare pictures of the ES7s, from the box, to the way they're packaged inside, to the headphones themselves. I hope we didn't get fakes. I'll burn Beachcamera if they started selling fakes.

Seriously... those pads killed too much stuff. If I modded them like I did for the Grados... then I'm sure it'll be nice. Though, I don't think I'd wear them out either. With those pads... the Grados are comfy.

Yea, I was worried when the box that the PX200 came in was different than what I saw on the web. I called Sennheiser direct to get them to verify the headphones I had were legit. Luckily, they were.

I'm not with the Crazies, They just like to stand next to me!

post #8706 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

That's cool. I'm about to send my crappy Asus 1201n netbook back to them. Damn thing died on me. 2 USBs never worked correctly, speakers always crackled, and windows explorer stopped working randomly. So many effing problems with this damn thing.

post #8707 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's cool. I'm about to send my crappy Asus 1201n netbook back to them. Damn thing died on me. 2 USBs never worked correctly, speakers always crackled, and windows explorer stopped working randomly. So many effing problems with this damn thing.

...but the specs look so promising! Sheesh! That stinks... How long have you had it for?

post #8708 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Six months exactly.

I wuld've sent it back on the first week, but I had already put so much into it, and didn't want to transfer my junk. Laziness really. Still, they better get it fixed. I don't have the box or anything, so I hope they send me one, or I can just use any box...

post #8709 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Six months exactly.

I wuld've sent it back on the first week, but I had already put so much into it, and didn't want to transfer my junk. Laziness really. Still, they better get it fixed. I don't have the box or anything, so I hope they send me one, or I can just use any box...

Definitely, hope it works out. Still promising looking from he specs. My only issue with my Netbook is the CPU speed and having multiple youtube tabs open (I use Google Chrome on Ubuntu Netbook Remix). It lags a little bit... but otherwise, I'd be somewhat happy using it as my only machine.

post #8710 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleMoana View Post

Without reading through 290 pages, I'll just quickly throw out there that I wear the Astro A40's and I absolutely love them. They're the only sets I've ever owned so I have nothing to compare them to.

You could do a lot worse. You have a really solid setup there, and you'd have to spend a lot more, and put more effort into custom setups to really improve on it, and even then, the improvements are not knock-your-socks-off better, IMHO. But worth it to some of us

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #8711 of 10626 Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, we are all nice here, but if you stick around, you best be prepared to drop some hard earned cash for incrimental upgrades. The A40s get the job done. Let's leave it at that, lol.

post #8712 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I know this is going to sound like utter blasphemy, but after 'nerd posted on headfi about the A30s, I kinda REALLY wanna try them out. Not even just for gaming, but for their portability and looks. They would honestly kill 3 birds with one stone. Looks, portability (assuming I return the ES7s), and a mic'd headset for when I DO game with any of you guys. Oh yeah, and SPEAKER TAGZ!!1!1

Seriously though, why can't Astro wisen up and sell these maybe for $100? In the realm of common sense...
I wouldn't get them for any more...

Steggy even said they are comfortable as hell for supraaurals...

post #8713 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know this is going to sound like utter blasphemy, but after 'nerd posted on headfi about the A30s, I kinda REALLY wanna try them out. Not even just for gaming, but for their portability and looks. They would honestly kill 3 birds with one stone. Looks, portability (assuming I return the ES7s), and a mic'd headset for when I DO game with any of you guys. Oh yeah, and SPEAKER TAGZ!!1!1

Seriously though, why can't Astro wisen up and sell these maybe for $100? In the realm of common sense...
I wouldn't get them for any more...

Steggy even said they are comfortable as hell for supraaurals...

Yea, sounds good. I recommended that a fellow Head-Fier look into the A30 as well. ...but what I want to know is... why 'am I constantly being pulled to this page... why is it so alluring?

post #8714 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Gadgets like that wouldn't last long here, lol.

post #8715 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Gadgets like that wouldn't last long here, lol.

? Waddya mean? No one else would like that?

post #8716 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea, sounds good. I recommended that a fellow Head-Fier look into the A30 as well. ...but what I want to know is... why 'am I constantly being pulled to this page... why is it so alluring?

I was interested in that, but once you start googling it gets a lot less interesting. You need to hack it to get the standard Google Android apps and the market on there, and then you're running a strange mix of Android stuff so you can't expect everything in the market to work reliably. Archos did eventually update it to 1.6, but there appear to be no plans to update to 2.x. Maybe when 2.2 comes out with the massively improved Java JIT compiler they'll consider it, since it's such a performance leap for Android devices. The problem is Archos has a significant amount of proprietary stuff they've added to Android, so it's got to be a non-trivial task to move to a new version of Android.

I eventually ended up getting an iPad. I was looking at these things for much the same reason as you. I had a netbook that I just couldn't stand anymore because of the slowness and clunkiness of running desktop applications on such a small screen (tried Ubuntu NBR and Mac OSX, OSX was surprisingly much snappier). The big downside to the iPad is limited codec support, but otherwise I'm liking it quite a bit more than I expected to (which was a lot to begin with).
post #8717 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

I was interested in that, but once you start googling it gets a lot less interesting. You need to hack it to get the standard Google Android apps and the market on there, and then you're running a strange mix of Android stuff so you can't expect everything in the market to work reliably. Archos did eventually update it to 1.6, but there appear to be no plans to update to 2.x. Maybe when 2.2 comes out with the massively improved Java JIT compiler they'll consider it, since it's such a performance leap for Android devices. The problem is Archos has a significant amount of proprietary stuff they've added to Android, so it's got to be a non-trivial task to move to a new version of Android.

I eventually ended up getting an iPad. I was looking at these things for much the same reason as you. I had a netbook that I just couldn't stand anymore because of the slowness and clunkiness of running desktop applications on such a small screen (tried Ubuntu NBR and Mac OSX, OSX was surprisingly much snappier). The big downside to the iPad is limited codec support, but otherwise I'm liking it quite a bit more than I expected to (which was a lot to begin with).

Nice! I would jump at the iPad if I could sell my Netbook for $150 or so. I also have a few RC Cars (Good ones, not Sears/Radio Shack gawbidge) that I'm thinking of cleaning up and putting up for sale too... as I'm really not using these things anymore. I figure... time to clean house and upgrade the stuff I do use.

post #8718 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

That thing looks pretty sweet. However, the reviews seem to be a mixed bag. It appears they had some pretty significant issues when it first released. Hopefully they've fixed most of them by now but I'm not sure I'd want to risk that kind of cash on one.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #8719 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

That thing looks pretty sweet. However, the reviews seem to be a mixed bag. It appears they had some pretty significant issues when it first released. Hopefully they've fixed most of them by now but I'm not sure I'd want to risk that kind of cash on one.

Your probably right... but it's so shiny and neat looking. Plus, if you get a HDD based one (not that I would...but if), you could also use it as a DVR with the dock attachment. I most likely won't buy one anyway. I just stumbled across it and drooled.

post #8720 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Shin or SWZ, how about these bad boys as a portable 'phone?

Or these for gaming:

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #8721 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Shin or SWZ, how about these bad boys as a portable 'phone?

Or these for gaming:

I'd totally rock those! Where'd you find these AWESOME pieces of Art?

post #8722 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd totally rock those! Where'd you find these AWESOME pieces of Art?

At Nixon. I was perusing watches when I noticed they had headphones. Being from a watch company should tell you how totally awesome they will sound. As if the looks weren't compelling enough!

post #8723 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

? Waddya mean? No one else would like that?

No, no that. My gf has a knack for destroying electronics. My PSP and other stuff stays far away from her, lol.

BB, oh hell's NAW!

BTW, GOT MY ES7!

Packaging was definitely all Beach Camera, as the damn headphones were in a typical brown box, and everything was in there, just all plain and ghetto like. They're refurbs, so I wasn't expecting the full package. Still, I have to be cautious...

Damn left cup has a scuff on it. BAH! Still, I can't really complain.

From all the real vs. fake info on the netz, these definitely have all the markings of a real headphone. Nothing about them looks like any of the fakes. All the details are correct, including the puch. I'll look into it a little more, but I'm quite sure they are real.

They were NOT kidding about their looks. They are SEXY...that is UNTIL you put them on. The headband is UUUUUUUUGLY. It protrudes far off your head, for sheer hilarity. There's no way in hell I'd wear them out in public. I'm gonna to the metal bending mod to make them look instantly better/more comfy. Also, I was expecting torture when wearing them, and I find them decently comfortable.

They have decent amount of clamp for a tight seal, which I didn't except supra-aurals to achieve... I was relieved. The weird shape of the band means I need to have them completely extended to touch my ears the right way...

Now to the sound.

Wow, these things can put out some serious bass! That and they sound pretty damn clear. Seriously, like a little bro to the M50s. I don't even need the bass boost on the Fiio to be impressed. I like them as is.

Now onto gaming!

post #8724 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

'nerd.... So, you keeping the MS2i?

post #8725 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, so I did the metal bending mod, and now they look and FEEL SOOOO much better.

post #8726 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
still unsure

i'll have some l-cush and g-cush today, gonna see if any of them can clean the ms1 up to a closer match to the ms2i.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #8727 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

still unsure

i'll have some l-cush and g-cush today, gonna see if any of them can clean the ms1 up to a closer match to the ms2i.

Kool... I'd like to know what your impressions of them are.

post #8728 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

After the metal bend mod, they look like actual headphones now, and not a joke contraption. I used to have it at fully extended, now only two notches show.

'nerd: Get them yet?

BTW,

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...void-fakes/105

Read my last post. I wanna see if yours is comparable.

post #8729 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
nope, not yet, i live probably 2-3 shipping zones farther than you do.

i'll check for the AT logo on the cable Y. does your Y have holes on both sides? i found a high res picture of some real looking black ones, and i can only see one side of the Y, but it has no logo.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #8730 of 10626 Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Can I see the image?

My Y has 3 holes on each side, but no logo.

In any case, I'm REALLY digging their sound. They are somewhat brighter and just a teeny bit bassier than the M50s, but very similar sounding to me.

I honestly think after you bend the rods, you'll find them decently comfy. Not great, but I could wear these for an hour or so without having to adjust them. Before the mod, the comfort started wearing off after a few songs.

I'd post pics of mine, but my phone is just shooting blurry messes today.

edit: let me just say again, the ES7 has some massive bass impact. More than I would've thought. They are basshead phones, for sure. I keep thinking my bass boost is on. O_O

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page