post #151 of 163 Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Cusack View Post

Well dang! long time since I been to this thread. I ended up getting the samsung 61" DLP, but later took it back cause it was so cheap. No one should buy the 07 model samsung DLPs!

I am now very happy with the samung 1080P 120hz LCD LNT4671F! Argueably the best LCD on the market!

It seems sound is no longer a problem either! It just so happens my uncle has a $3000 dollar BOSE Home theater system that he is going to hook up to my HDTV in my bedroom.

Thanks for all you guys help. I'm happy now.

If anything can you give me an idea of what a 3 grand BOSE home theater system sounds like? That would be cool.

3k Bose System. Man he could've got one hell of a better system with that dough.

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 163 Old 01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If anything can you give me an idea of what a 3 grand BOSE home theater system sounds like? That would be cool.

like a pile of steaming turd. i foolishly wasted my money on bose a few years back before i knew anything about home theater or had heard of AVS.

but i guess if its free you'll enjoy it. i'm hoping to get lucky and find some sap on craigslist who still thinks bose is "good".

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #153 of 163 Old 01-01-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Sound is highly subjective...what one person likes, another will find to bass-heavy...or another will find too shrill or hollow sounding. It all depends greatly on the room, what the room is made out of, what is in the room, and the ear of the listener.

Having said that Bose products, in general, are overpriced and average performing.

Most people don't like their shrill sounding hi's and their complete lack of mid-range sound.

Or so I've read.

mid-range and hi's huh? yeah coming from tv speakers only I have no idea what to expect except for the few times I have heard best buy or CC with home theater rooms for a bit. I just remember bass and sounds comign through pretty clear.

I really just like bass. If there is oe thing I have learned. AVSforums have people very ummm...whats the word.

Unsatisfied. No matter what. Deep down they always want more.

Anyways I have never had a home theater. I would assume this bose system would sound plenty awesome. or just too loud being its gonan be in a 12x13 bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

3k Bose System. Man he could've got one hell of a better system with that dough.

He also mentioned that he only hooked it up for a bit and then disconnected cus his wife said was too loud. So should be decently new and not worn out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

like a pile of steaming turd. i foolishly wasted my money on bose a few years back before i knew anything about home theater or had heard of AVS.

but i guess if its free you'll enjoy it. i'm hoping to get lucky and find some sap on craigslist who still thinks bose is "good".

I said sound not smell, bro. It seems that everyone does not like bose, but I really cannot tell the difference between any so called high end home theater systems on display at stores.

To me they all sound the same..

Good.

Just so I can get this str8 if I was to buy an onkyo HTIB for 400 bucks it would sound miles better than a 3 grand bose system? because that was my only option before.
post #154 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:

Just so I can get this str8 if I was to buy an onkyo HTIB for 400 bucks it would sound miles better than a 3 grand bose system? because that was my only option before.

If not better then it at least as good.

Bose $3000 = Onkyo $400 system.

In your case $Free > $400 system.

post #155 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

If not better then it at least as good.

Bose $3000 = Onkyo $400 system.

In your case $Free > $400 system.

Wow I was hoping to have one of the best HTs to go with my new tv. ah well. Atleast I have the best LCD and a HT coming.
post #156 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Wow I was hoping to have one of the best HTs to go with my new tv. ah well. Atleast I have the best LCD and a HT coming.

RANT ...

How old are you? You are annoying as hell.

Your LCD isn't the best, your sound isn't the best and you aren't the best.

Get off daddy's C**K !!

You have a nice LCD stop bragging to everybody in different forums that your setup is the best.
post #157 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
this thread has an early chance at Thread of the Year, at the rate this is going.

the OP wants the best, yet can't tell the difference between mediocre and the best...

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
post #158 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

mid-range and hi's huh? yeah coming from tv speakers only I have no idea what to expect except for the few times I have heard best buy or CC with home theater rooms for a bit. I just remember bass and sounds comign through pretty clear.

You'll be fine, you'll think its great. Just in the future when you drop your own dollars you're likely to find cheaper stuff that sounds better, is all.

Quote:
Unsatisfied. No matter what. Deep down they always want more.

Well, when you're spending your own money you want to get the best bang for the buck. However, for some folks here, your observation could be valid.

Quote:
He also mentioned that he only hooked it up for a bit and then disconnected cus his wife said was too loud. So should be decently new and not worn out too much.

Speakers improve with age.....they need a break-in period where the sound will mellow out and settle down...so long as they aren't over-driven or blown you'll be fine.

Quote:
I said sound not smell, bro. It seems that everyone does not like bose, but I really cannot tell the difference between any so called high end home theater systems on display at stores.

To me they all sound the same..

Good.

This is largely becuase you are listening to them in a noisey store, not in your quiet room at home about to watch a movie. There, indeed, you will hear a difference. The ultimate question will be this: Does the difference MATTER enough to you to buy more expensive (or less, in some cases) equipment?

For me, I have $500 each main speakers and a $400 center and a couple of $120 rears. To me, the speakers sound great. But to others, my speakers wouldn't even be good enough to put in their bathroom...they want $10,000 speakers...hand made by some dude out of human skin and silk threads and set in exotic, protected hardwoods and elephant tusk enclosures

So its all relative...but in general, Bose is frowned upon by those who listen to alot of speakers and receivers for a living as being way too expensive for the sound they produce.

Get the system number and do some google searches for Reviews of it, If it did indeed cost 3 grand (I dont know what Bose costs these days) then it may have reviewed very well......you should do that if you are curious.

But in the end, if it sounds good to you, then thats all that matters.

Quote:

Listen to your ears to answer that question.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #159 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylor View Post

RANT ...

How old are you? You are annoying as hell.

Your LCD isn't the best, your sound isn't the best and you aren't the best.

Get off daddy's C**K !!

You have a nice LCD stop bragging to everybody in different forums that your setup is the best.

Chill bro. Its not that serious. Besides the HT is not my dad's its my uncle's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

You'll be fine, you'll think its great. Just in the future when you drop your own dollars you're likely to find cheaper stuff that sounds better, is all.

Well, when you're spending your own money you want to get the best bang for the buck. However, for some folks here, your observation could be valid.

Speakers improve with age.....they need a break-in period where the sound will mellow out and settle down...so long as they aren't over-driven or blown you'll be fine.

This is largely becuase you are listening to them in a noisey store, not in your quiet room at home about to watch a movie. There, indeed, you will hear a difference. The ultimate question will be this: Does the difference MATTER enough to you to buy more expensive (or less, in some cases) equipment?

For me, I have $500 each main speakers and a $400 center and a couple of $120 rears. To me, the speakers sound great. But to others, my speakers wouldn't even be good enough to put in their bathroom...they want $10,000 speakers...hand made by some dude out of human skin and silk threads and set in exotic, protected hardwoods and elephant tusk enclosures

So its all relative...but in general, Bose is frowned upon by those who listen to alot of speakers and receivers for a living as being way too expensive for the sound they produce.

Get the system number and do some google searches for Reviews of it, If it did indeed cost 3 grand (I dont know what Bose costs these days) then it may have reviewed very well......you should do that if you are curious.

But in the end, if it sounds good to you, then thats all that matters.

Listen to your ears to answer that question.

Thanks for all the help,HeadRusch. I don't know why people are flipping out. They come in this thread and they read my posts themselves. They don't have to. So why make rude reponses and waste your own time in this thread.
post #160 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM

Go smaller and get the surround. I cant count how many times my surround system has gotten me kills,or saved my ass in COD4. You can hear most of them coming a mile away.
post #161 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post

Go smaller and get the surround. I cant count how many times my surround system has gotten me kills,or saved my ass in COD4. You can hear most of them coming a mile away.

i'd take cans w/ emulated SS using DH or such over a 5.1 HT setup any day. much cheaper too and you can spend that money on a bigger set

actually i'd probably rather have the pioneer xbox branded HTIB than rely on my "uncle" for a bose system (please, just dont tell anyone i touched you when you were a kid)

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #162 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post

Same with me. Surround Sound helps immerse you and allow pinpointing where it is coming from.
post #163 of 163 Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

I would go for bigger screen more audio stuff can always add later
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page