360 vga hookup through xrgb-3 or vga switch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've recently ran into little problem, and I need a bit of help.

Last year I bought a Samsung DLP HLR model for movies and video games. As it turns out the set is awful for games since there is no way to bypass the scaler. I even went so far as to buy a xrgb-3 to try and help with the lag, but I still wasn't satisfied. I decided to just to hook up my games systems to my 22' widescreen 1680 x 1050 Sammy monitor and here is where I run into a small hitch.

The monitor I have has one vga and one dvi input. I have my computer hookup to the dvi input and the xrgb-3 and 360 share the vga. I have to switch the systems out everytime I want to play the other.

I would like to find some way to have both the 360 and the xrgb hooked up at the same time with minimal quality loss. I was thinking of trying one of these two options.

1.) The Xrgb-3 has a DVI PC passthrough that accepts analog and digital signals. I've thought about trying to find a vga to dvi adapter to hook the 360 up through the passthrough while manually telling the xrgb to accept it as an analog signal. I have no idea if that would even work.

2.) I also tried to hunt down a vga switcher locally, but I haven't had any luck whatsoever. Does anyone know where I could possible order a nice quality switcher over the internet that wouldn't degrade the signal of either components?

Thanks in advance for the help. Sorry if the my ramblings made little sense b/c I haven't slept much in the past 2-3 days due to a lot of insanity going on around the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
First, I also own two Samsung HL-R series DLPs, and play on both.

Have you utilized the game mode feature? Game mode was added to later HL-R dlps to address the lag issue using component input. If yours has game mode, you employ it by renaming the input to GAME. I renamed any input I use for games to "GAME" just in case.

My TVs were both made around May '06 if that matters, and I know they both have the feature.

While I "think" I did notice lag using component in lag-sensitive games like COD3, Halo2, and Battlefield 2, I DO NOT notice any lag when using VGA or HDMI.

1080p, where marketing genius and science fiction collide!
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page