Thinking of selling my 360.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
(locally) in order to buy a newer model with HDMI.

Does the warranty transfer to whoever purchases the 360? Is there any way to notify Microsoft there has been a change of ownership?

I had to send my launch console in at the beginning of this year and I received (I assume) a newly manufactured console. If the person who buys my 360 has to send it in for repairs will Microsoft honor it?....as in is the serial number attached to my name?

P.S. - What should be the suggested price of just the 360 and component cable (possibly 2 or 3 games as well)? I only have one controller that I could sell, but I'd rather keep it and I want to keep my hard drive so I can switch between it and the new one if I ever run out of room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

well by keeping the HD and the controllers you are basically selling a CORE unit with no controllers and a couple games you dont want, the HD will cost someone $100 to purchase and you can buy a new core for $249...you do the math

If you could get $100-$125 out of it I'd say sell it and M/S says all units have a 3 year warr so as long as he had the original rec he should be OK...why not trade it in at a game store for the elite? alot of times they have specials for trade ups that are pretty good deals

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #3 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
>>why not trade it in at a game store for the elite?

I traded-in my launch day premium for an elite because I didn't want to deal with any of my family/friends getting RROD on it.

I could have gotten a bit more cash some other way, but in the big scheme of things the hassle wasn't worth it. Its the game store's problem now... heh

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #4 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by King84 View Post

(locally) in order to buy a newer model with HDMI.

Does the warranty transfer to whoever purchases the 360? Is there any way to notify Microsoft there has been a change of ownership?

I had to send my launch console in at the beginning of this year and I received (I assume) a newly manufactured console. If the person who buys my 360 has to send it in for repairs will Microsoft honor it?....as in is the serial number attached to my name?

P.S. - What should be the suggested price of just the 360 and component cable (possibly 2 or 3 games as well)? I only have one controller that I could sell, but I'd rather keep it and I want to keep my hard drive so I can switch between it and the new one if I ever run out of room.

I guess the question is why do you think you need HDMI so badly? Seems like a lot of effort for so little (if any) gain. You obviously have a free component video port as well as a free HDMI port. Use the money to buy a $50 upconverting DVD player since that is all you seem to be gaining from this switch.

post #5 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Well personally speaking, my set definitely looks better over HDMI, the color is better (more accurate) and text is sharper... so its really set dependent.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-11-2007, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Also my 360 was starting to freeze occasionally which is a precursor to RROD
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page