Please help:360 won't recognize my controllers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-03-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 360 was working fine. Then after I bought halo3 it worked for a bit then it started to tact up.

I have the microsoft steering wheel and two wireless controllers. I reset the box and it starts doing the circles, then I reset the controller and it starts doing the circles. Then the controller blinks and the 360 stops. It doesn't assign a specific controller to the upper left hand or any other spot.

I know it is in communication with the controllers because if I turn the controller off, it turns off the 360 as well.

Has anyone ever experienced this? How can I fix it? Do I need to contact microsoft?

Thanks for aany help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Did you trying re-syncing it with the small button on the front of the xbox?

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #3 of 7 Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 AM

I had this same problem after I re-arranged my media room to accomodate my new 46in. Ended up being as easy as putting new non-rechargeable batteries into the controllers. I had been using NiMh's, switched them out with regular batteries and resynch'd. It's been working perfectly for a month now. Hope that helps.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-04-2007, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewer.rat View Post

I had this same problem after I re-arranged my media room to accomodate my new 46in. Ended up being as easy as putting new non-rechargeable batteries into the controllers. I had been using NiMh's, switched them out with regular batteries and resynch'd. It's been working perfectly for a month now. Hope that helps.

I've tried new batteries and still a no - go.

Yes, I've used both the small button on the controller and the small button on the 360.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MColeman View Post

I know it is in communication with the controllers because if I turn the controller off, it turns off the 360 as well.

That makes no sense to me at all, when you turn the controller off it turns the 360 off? Did you mean to say when you turn the 360 off the controller turns off?

Make sure no wired controller is plugged in (wired controller, GHII guitar, etc..), then take the batteries out of the controller, after a few seconds put them back in. Manually turn on the 360 with it's power button. When it's at the dashboard, press the sync button the the 360 console. When it starts spinning, press the sync button on the controller. It should sync. If you want to do a second controller, leave the 360 on, pop the battery on the second controller for a few seconds and then put them back in. Press the sync button on the 360 console then press the sync button on the controller.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 AM

Do you have the charging cable that connects to the 360 usb port? If you do you can synch a controller by charging it.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-05-2007, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytoLA View Post

Do you have the charging cable that connects to the 360 usb port? If you do you can synch a controller by charging it.

I do not have these cables.

I'm begining to think that this is a problem with my 360 that microsoft will need to fix.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page