Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 5871 Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen View Post

So I'm stuck on boat - yes I know I'm a loser. The Capt. just stands there at the boxes and my obective says "secure the package" but I have absolutely no clue what the hell to do in order to secure it.

Press and hold X to reload/interact with objects.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
In this case, you need to be inside the container to pick up the object on top of the bomb.

XBL - thedanggang
PSN - the_dang_gang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 5871 Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Just played through on normal. Took about 6 hours. Going through on veteran now. Making pretty good progress, but I know some points are going to be very very frustrating.
post #93 of 5871 Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

First day Multiplayer review:
On the realistic side of things: COD4 is much better than GRAW2. But...
there is one thing that prevents this game from superior status: an over-the-shoulder, or third-person view option-for just a little more breathing room;
yeah, the game is great, but, GOW is more revolutionary in terms of physics; and once you've played with such a realistic (and necessary) cover system- you miss it (no matter what new game comes out); even Roadie Running is missed (I don't like holding down the left thumbstick to run); although, I assume playing at level 5 is much different than playing at level 55. The perks are awesome (and much needed)!
In closing: I leveled up to Corporal, and then played some GOW. But, I wanted to get right back into COD4 (probaly because it's the new scene). If I could only have one, it would STILL be GOW. I haven't tried the campaign- I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But, the gameplay of GOW has a spell on me-not to mention the best graphics-STILL.

COD4 is a great MP experience! Leveling up-!

"Talk to me Goose."
post #94 of 5871 Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by danggang View Post

Press and hold X to reload/interact with objects.

Spoiler  
In this case, you need to be inside the container to pick up the object on top of the bomb.

Thanks but that wasn't it. For whatever reason - after I saved/restarted - one of the team members actually went and opened up the big container so I could go inside and secure the package - before that - none of the guys would open it up they all just stood there like dolts. Weird...but I'm rockin' now.

~Bill
post #95 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Advanced Member

I noticed this too, for your teammates to progress you'll need to advance ahead of them. You'll notice this while in the
Spoiler  
TV station searching for Al-Asad

You'll need to walk right in front of the doors for your mates to open them.
post #96 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742 View Post

First day Multiplayer review:
On the realistic side of things: COD4 is much better than GRAW2. But...
there is one thing that prevents this game from superior status: an over-the-shoulder, or third-person view option-for just a little more breathing room;
yeah, the game is great, but, GOW is more revolutionary in terms of physics; and once you've played with such a realistic (and necessary) cover system- you miss it (no matter what new game comes out); even Roadie Running is missed (I don't like holding down the left thumbstick to run); although, I assume playing at level 5 is much different than playing at level 55. The perks are awesome (and much needed)!
In closing: I leveled up to Corporal, and then played some GOW. But, I wanted to get right back into COD4 (probaly because it's the new scene). If I could only have one, it would STILL be GOW. I haven't tried the campaign- I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But, the gameplay of GOW has a spell on me-not to mention the best graphics-STILL.

COD4 is a great MP experience! Leveling up-!

you don't have to hold it down. just click it once and you'll continue running until you get tired. use the extreme conditioning perk and you'll run a lot longer.

Xbox Live: ChestR0ckWell23 (that's a zero after the R)
PSN: VeeArSix
post #97 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 AM

So I said i'd exercise patience and not drive all over looking for it....and I kind of did. It just so happened that the BB on my way home had the game. I played the first 2 levels of singleplayer and think it is awesome. The night vision/laser effects are super cool! I made it to level 7 last night in multiplayer, and I can't wait to put in another 3-4 hours tonight. So far it seems like the multiplayer community is more mature than halo 3....not a whole lot more mature though!

I'm going to be playing this game for a long, long time.

GT: rabidhilljack

I'm pretty good at this game...hit me up if you want a teammate
post #98 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:12 AM

Oh, and they sold me the game without removing the plastic security box. It took me almost 20 minutes to get that stupid box off using a screwdriver and a pair of plyers! I guess those boxes work pretty well. I totally should have just turned around and had them remove it when I noticed that on my way home...woulda saved me 15 minutes! I was just too excited...and I undermined the trickyness of that stupid plastic box.
post #99 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Only played for about two hours last night. Campaign only. Loved every minute of it. It looks great and the controls are tight. I actually felt a little seasick on the first mission.

I started off on the 2nd level but it was too easy. I restarted on the hardest level and it is challenging, for me anyway.

How did you guys do on the training mission? My best time was 23.15 and that was pure luck and after 25 attempts! I was trying to break 20 seconds.

post #100 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

I actually felt a little seasick on the first mission.

Same here - I wasn't sure if I was just overly tired or it was the boat.

~Bill
post #101 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742 View Post

and once you've played with such a realistic (and necessary) cover system- you miss it (no matter what new game comes out);

While cover systems are great in games they don't make the game more realistic. In Gears and RB6 when you are in cover you can see around corners and objects which is very unrealistic.

"220. 221. Whatever it takes."
XBOX360 GamerTag: BoomerBrian
BoomerBrian's Killer HT on a Shoestring Budget!
post #102 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Just about finished with the game, overall pretty impressive. WAY dissapointed the single player is so short. MP looked okay, but there was nearly zero communication among the team, guess I need to hook up with my friends instead. Any rate, graphics are impressive, not as good as other games out there (I think Bioshock has better graphics consistently). A lot in COD was awesome, but there was some things that where bland or plain. Best facial features in a game in a long time, nice details. Weapons are good, not overally impressive but they get the job done. Great sound effects in the game, on a surround sound system it really sounds impressive with nice use of distant sounds. If I have to nit pick I would say I don't like missions in a FPS that you have to run. The ship part was lame in my opinion. I am playing a shooter game, I don't want to have to sprint around a ship and try to keep up with the team. Also, the first part of the game where the credits are going and you are being driven around in a car, at first, its awesome, then it drags on WAY longer then it needs to and got boring.

Some pretty minor nit picking, overall the best COD game yet, not the best game out there and definitely not the best FPS game out there, but its in the top tier of games on the 360 right now and a must have for anyone's library of games.

post #103 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post

While cover systems are great in games they don't make the game more realistic. In Gears and RB6 when you are in cover you can see around corners and objects which is very unrealistic.

I do wish you could lean around walls in COD4, somehow, though.

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
post #104 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Awesome game so far. I felt sea sick as well during the first mission. I guess a 102" screen will do that to you. Great game though, multi-player is VERY fast.
post #105 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

How did you guys do on the training mission? My best time was 23.15 and that was pure luck and after 25 attempts! I was trying to break 20 seconds.

I don't see how it's possible to get under 15 seconds on that damn thing!

Gamertag - G0ldMembeI2
PS3 ID - G0ldMembeI2
post #106 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Just about finished with the game, overall pretty impressive. WAY dissapointed the single player is so short. MP looked okay, but there was nearly zero communication among the team, guess I need to hook up with my friends instead. Any rate, graphics are impressive, not as good as other games out there (I think Bioshock has better graphics consistently). A lot in COD was awesome, but there was some things that where bland or plain. Best facial features in a game in a long time, nice details. Weapons are good, not overally impressive but they get the job done. Great sound effects in the game, on a surround sound system it really sounds impressive with nice use of distant sounds. If I have to nit pick I would say I don't like missions in a FPS that you have to run. The ship part was lame in my opinion. I am playing a shooter game, I don't want to have to sprint around a ship and try to keep up with the team. Also, the first part of the game where the credits are going and you are being driven around in a car, at first, its awesome, then it drags on WAY longer then it needs to and got boring.

Some pretty minor nit picking, overall the best COD game yet, not the best game out there and definitely not the best FPS game out there, but its in the top tier of games on the 360 right now and a must have for anyone's library of games.

I found the first level pretty interesting, since you just joined the group it is basically a tag along kind of thing, I hardly killed anyone because my teammates would do their job before I even saw the guys. The car ride scene was pretty cool to since you can look around and see all this crazy stuff going down in the streets of this messed up city. I was thinking this is a great way to start up the game.

Gamertag: Ikazu
post #107 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeArSix View Post

you don't have to hold it down. just click it once and you'll continue running until you get tired. use the extreme conditioning perk and you'll run a lot longer.

Oh! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBrian View Post

Good point.

"Talk to me Goose."
post #108 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

What is "the extreme conditioning perk".. lol.. I must have missed this.
post #109 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 AM

Well I am ruined for ever playing R6Vegas now, the gameplay is just so fast on COD4.
Though a cover system would have been nice, I can live without it. I would rather have co-op SP and online splitscreen for COD5 but that's just me.

And that AC130 gunship level is seriously cool, hope IW gives us some down-loadable AC130 levels besides the one here (is there only 1, not yet finished SP?).

Leveled up to 13 in my 1st MP go-around, it helped having 3 weeks of "beta training".

FPS heaven...
post #110 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM

The intro to the game was great. Like an awesome action movie. I also got a little of the sea sick feeling! I noticed I was leaning really far over as the boat was rocking. I had to chuckle at just how involved I felt. I played up to and through the first level of the Marine Corps, where you switch from "Soap" to "Jackson." Pretty sweet game.

Multiplayer: SO AWESOME. I played the beta, and this was like returning to an old friend. Such a good time; I'm gonna be pressed to dedicate any time to SP.

Quote:

What is "extreme conditioning...

When you hit level 5 in multiplayer, you can create custom classes with 'perks'. One of these is called 'extreme conditioning', which allows you to sprint for an extra period of time.

Gamertag: Bonfirehat
post #111 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM

Liked: 13
I could fly around in the AC-130 and blow stuff up for hours I think.
post #112 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM

I think a cover mechanic would be pretty useless in a game that moves this fast, and since you can shoot through pretty much any wall.....I think the guy covering would actually be the one at a disadvantage. If I saw you peek around a wall I'd just light up the corner.
post #113 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 AM

None of our local stores has the game yet, Walmart told me the Fedex was delayed, I will check again later, I still havn't finished Halo3 just because i want it to last longer in playing quality, like a good wine.
I'm curious in the near future if this game affects recruiting in our Armed Forces, I read from another poster that the gunfire was NO way realistic, he should know being in the thick of it. I hope this game is a positive boost for our war against terrorism albeit its still a game.
post #114 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 AM

Played for about 2 hours last night. 30 min on campaign the rest on MP. Got up to level 10 in that hour an a half, not bad. Awesome game though, hopefully I'll get a chance to play a little tonight.

Gamertag - G0ldMembeI2
PS3 ID - G0ldMembeI2
post #115 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
This game just oozes cool! MP ist the best ive ever played. The SP captures that same feel the previous games had. I started on hardcore or whatever (the one after normal) To me, everyone needs to start on this level. Feels alot less run and gun and alot more tactics.
post #116 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

wow, there's more talking on who has it and where to get it then the game...

I noticed they fixed the gated area in Crash that let you easily trap the other team near the garage. GREAT move there IW. The last week of the beta, that map was almost unplayable if someone did that.

Havent noticed any changes to Vacant or Overgrown.

Watch out on the Missle Silo (think it's called BOG), you can fall down the smoking sections. I accidentally did it trying to take cover and shooting. It's good for the 30ft drop challenge.

If you want to take cover next to exploding cars, wood walls and what ever else I can shoot through than go ahead and be my guess.

Cichlids are my HD
Technology is my hobby
PSN/LIVE: LaCoMBo78
post #117 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM

how are the single player achievements ??
post #118 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlm13 View Post

how are the single player achievements ??

EASY. The only tough one for me so far, is the 'under 20 seconds' in the training exercise.
post #119 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Wasilla, Alaska Walmart, I was the first person to buy it, yahoo!
post #120 of 5871 Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Played some more missiosn tonight. The AC130 mission is just amazing. Most innovative so far.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page