The Official Rock Band Discussion Thread - Page 154 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4591 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 4,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

just my opinion obviously, but I think RB should leave novelty bands out (PotUSA).
if I'm gonna play music, I want to play music, not "absurdity" for the sake of "absurdity".

there's a reason they don't last longer than one album (or fall on thier faces trying to release a second).

They have more than 2 albums. It was one of the best concerts I saw this summer. It was very fun and they are nice guys. Whether or not you like them is up to you, but it's music and they can draw good crowds because plenty of people do like them. Lump is a great song. Their latest album is good stuff.
rdank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4592 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank View Post

They have more than 2 albums. It was one of the best concerts I saw this summer. It was very fun and they are nice guys. Whether or not you like them is up to you, but it's music and they can draw good crowds because plenty of people do like them. Lump is a great song. Their latest album is good stuff.

which band are we talking about here?

just because "plenty of people like them"*, doesn't make a band good/talented/listenable

*see creed

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4593 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 4,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Presidents.

And I wasn't saying plenty of people like them to justify them as a band. I just think it's stupid to bash something and say it's not music because you personally don't like them. I don't like Creed, but it's music and if someone likes it, good for them. I said plenty of people like them leading to the idea that's why they are in the game.
rdank is offline  
post #4594 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Darkness on Loveline 2004, wow what cool guys *rollseyes*

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4595 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank View Post

The Presidents.

And I wasn't saying plenty of people like them to justify them as a band. I just think it's stupid to bash something and say it's not music because you personally don't like them. I don't like Creed, but it's music and if someone likes it, good for them. I said plenty of people like them leading to the idea that's why they are in the game.

they are in the game because people go "I remember hearing that song............over and over and over and over and ......... again on the radio"

I literally would rather shove an icepick into each ear, than listen to Peaches (said this after hearing it one time).

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4596 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

they are in the game because people go "I remember hearing that song............over and over and over and over and ......... again on the radio"

I literally would rather shove an icepick into each ear, than listen to Peaches (said this after hearing it one time).


I like PUSA. They are arguably a novelty band but every one of their songs have catchy melodies. Whether or not it's a skilled bunch of musicians, they make catchy songs. I believe they disappeared after the 3rd or 4th ablum because they were becoming too famous. You have to respect that.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is online now  
post #4597 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ileff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Yuba City, CA
Posts: 1,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
ok, finished the "Moving Pictures" album challenge on expert guitar. interesting that yyz is not included even when you are going solo guitar.

seeing completed "Moving Pictures" right next to completed "Doolittle" challenge brought a smile to my face.

suprised no rush botb yet, maybe tonight?

xbl/gamecenter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

psn/twitter: ileff
my app:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ileff is offline  
post #4598 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

just my opinion obviously, but I think RB should leave novelty bands out (PotUSA).
if I'm gonna play music, I want to play music, not "absurdity" for the sake of "absurdity".

Holy crap, that song was one of the few that I was most excited about to play on this game. I'm sorry if I want to have fun when I play a game.

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is offline  
post #4599 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
logicalnoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

ok, finished the "Moving Pictures" album challenge on expert guitar. interesting that yyz is not included even when you are going solo guitar.

seeing completed "Moving Pictures" right next to completed "Doolittle" challenge brought a smile to my face.

suprised no rush botb yet, maybe tonight?

it's so bands with vocalists can still complete the challenge. if there's a vocalist in your band you won't even see yyz in your available set list. This will pop up again when teh texas flood album releases(three instrumentals on there).
logicalnoise is offline  
post #4600 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
studiotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Personally I find Lump a lot of fun to play on drums, it's one of my favorites to play. Tangled Up In Blue is one of my least favorites. It's a good exercise in off-beats but it doesn't have much in the way of groove.

Although I'm not a huge AC/DC fan I like some of their songs but man, Let There Be Rock was (surprisingly) so BORING and tedious to play on drums. I had no fun with that track at all.
studiotan is offline  
post #4601 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 1,307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalksInDarkness View Post

The first key to understanding "metal", is to embrace the absurdity of it. It is why we like bands such as "the darkness", and why we never get sick of watching "Spinal Tap".

That "key" could be applied to several other "music genres"


FYI although The Darkness style of music is not typically my cup of tea...I do find it fun to play.

Which brings up one of the biggest things ive noticed since playing these music games....Music and bands that I admire and love to listen too...often do not make for very fun gameplay while others that I have never cared to listen too or even bothered to try out...often make for some fun gameplay.

THere are always exceptions...Boston...can listen to them all day and are a blast to play in RB.

Fall out Boy, Freezpop, Beastie Boys, Grateful Dead, countless others that IMO barely qualify as music....can't stand them...never did...never will...and HATE playing them in RB. =P
RafaelSmith is offline  
post #4602 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
thejokell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 2,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

just my opinion obviously, but I think RB should leave novelty bands out (PotUSA).
if I'm gonna play music, I want to play music, not "absurdity" for the sake of "absurdity".

there's a reason they don't last longer than one album (or fall on thier faces trying to release a second).

The Presidents are not a novelty band. That album ruled my life back in the day. And they still tour today and sell out clubs across the States.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
thejokell is offline  
post #4603 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokell View Post

The Presidents are not a novelty band. That album ruled my life back in the day. And they still tour today and sell out clubs across the States.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

First off, I never said they were "bad" (the discussion was about The Darkness, but everyone seems to take offense to my including PotUSA)

Second, they are very much a novelty band. every song is beyond corny.

Terrible bands, are the ones that get airplay, and "sell out clubs". make a corny video (to match the corny song) on MTV, and (the American Idol) crowd will follow them

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4604 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WalksInDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The PRoM
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

they are in the game because people go "I remember hearing that song............over and over and over and over and ......... again on the radio"

I literally would rather shove an icepick into each ear, than listen to Peaches (said this after hearing it one time).

Well, your exact statement is exactly what I think about half of the bands on RB2. Give me a friggin break, Greateful Dead & Dylan??? I would rather gouge my eyes out, than buy one of thier CDs. But I don't mind playing them on RB, just to get exposed to different musical styles and improve my overall gameplay.

I've got some stuff.
WalksInDarkness is offline  
post #4605 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WalksInDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The PRoM
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Holy crap, that song was one of the few that I was most excited about to play on this game. I'm sorry if I want to have fun when I play a game.

Yes, apparently we are criminals in the eyes of the music police. F#@K! I am a formally trained Jazz and Classical musician, who also loves Hardcore and Thrash; but once in while, I just want to play something completely silly. I still absolutely love playing "Trogdor" from GH!!!

I've got some stuff.
WalksInDarkness is offline  
post #4606 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

Terrible bands, are the ones that get airplay, and "sell out clubs". make a corny video (to match the corny song) on MTV, and (the American Idol) crowd will follow them

You are missing three key words in this statement...

In My Opinion

Quality of music (and most other things for that matter) is determined by an individual's taste... There is no point in arguing about quality of music in a videogame thread where the tastes in music is going to be widespread...

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
post #4607 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 4,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, apperantly a band is only good if they just play in their mom's basement on the weekends because they have real jobs during the week from their inability to draw a crowd and fill up a club.
rdank is offline  
post #4608 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
GrooveRite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

Terrible bands, are the ones that get airplay, and "sell out clubs". make a corny video (to match the corny song) on MTV, and (the American Idol) crowd will follow them

I think you started this sentence off wrong with the first word. Its not "terrible" because if I was a record company, I wouldn't hire terrible bands. Terrible bands don't get air play and sell out clubs. "Corny" would of been the correct word.

Gamertag: BaneAssassin
PSN: BaneAssassin
GrooveRite is offline  
post #4609 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalksInDarkness View Post

Well, your exact statement is exactly what I think about half of the bands on RB2. Give me a friggin break, Greateful Dead & Dylan??? I would rather gouge my eyes out, than buy one of thier CDs. But I don't mind playing them on RB, just to get exposed to different musical styles and improve my overall gameplay.

lol I like how you use two of the most classic artists in the history of music (not saying I like or dislike either of them), to compare to two bands that will never be.

why do you think I haven't brought up SOAD yet? for as much as I loathe that band (because they sound like Metal Meatloaf), I do understand the merits of the music, and wouldn't dream of putting them in the category of PotUSA and The Darkness. this won't help me get through playing their songs though, without having a fit.

sorry, I'm passionate person when it comes to music/movies. I'm very love/hate, that's why I enjoy it so much. I will never relate with the "I like all kinds of music" people, sounds all too ho-hum. *not saying this is any of you!!!*

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4610 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

You are missing three key words in this statement...

In My Opinion

Quality of music (and most other things for that matter) is determined by an individual's taste... There is no point in arguing about quality of music in a videogame thread where the tastes in music is going to be widespread...

you are welcome to look above, where I stated IMO twice at the beginning of the discuss.
I didn't feel it was necessary to put it in every post

IMO

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4611 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank View Post

Yeah, apperantly a band is only good if they just play in their mom's basement on the weekends because they have real jobs during the week from their inability to draw a crowd and fill up a club.

yep, that's exactly what I said
I'm not the one claiming that just because a band sells out clubs, that they write good songs

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4612 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Red Barchetta is fantastic for the first 44% of the song and then it turns into Run To The Hills. Songs that map the hi-hat to red still kick my ass for some reason. I wish they'd keep it on yellow. Saved my star power and still failed at 50%. It's funny, Red Barchetta is tier 6 and I fail it, but The Trees is tier 7 (devils) and I five starred it on expert sight read.

YYZ, holy crap. It gets insane during the bass solo. Too tired to try it again.

Your mom is a classy lady!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 / 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoThru22 is offline  
post #4613 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HeadRusch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
For the record, MACH 5 is one great song...too bad they didn't include it in RB2, its far better than the selection they chose to include.

As for the rest......sometimes great music doesn't transfer to a game known as ROCK BAND. I've always had a bit of a problem with some of the selections included in the game entitled ROCK BAND....."thats not rock, thats pop"...or..."who thought it would be a good idea to include this slow-assed song?".

But then we forget that Rock Band also has that SINGING component. Hell I'd love to belt out Subterranian Homesick Blues in a slurred, incomprenehsible fashion.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

HeadRusch is offline  
post #4614 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post

I think you started this sentence off wrong with the first word. Its not "terrible" because if I was a record company, I wouldn't hire terrible bands. Terrible bands don't get air play and sell out clubs. "Corny" would of been the correct word.

the pet rock made a company money too. record companies hire who will sell to the public, which usually includes some form of schtick that people will pay for (until it plays itself out)


I'll end this conversation now and get back on topic

can't wait to DL Sorrow tonight......
*waits for everyone to say how horrible Bad Religion is*

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4615 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

*waits for everyone to say how horrible Bad Religion is*

Bad Religion sucks

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
post #4616 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Beeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northeastern NJ
Posts: 848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well they're not named "Good Religion"...
Beeron is offline  
post #4617 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
alpha21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: minn
Posts: 3,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Well they're not named "Good Religion"...


nope, but Good Charlotte, should definitely be named Bad Charlotte!

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
alpha21 is offline  
post #4618 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: WA State
Posts: 15,534
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
What we need is 'Pop Band' , 'Punk Band' , 'Metal Band' , 'Country Band' , etc. to go along with 'Rock Band' (sort of like how GH does it with those pack discs) . I honestly hate having to play through some of the off the wall stuff that is in RB1/2 , they should have just called the game 'Music Band' but obviously that does not sound nearly as cool as 'Rock Band' even though it would be a better description . I mean if you want to appeal to a wider audience then you need more than one or two songs from a particular category anyway , why not just give each group a pack that will truly grab them . Maybe give an in game option to pick our own song lists or categories from what is available on the disc (I am not talking about the DLC here since obviously we all have our own choice in that regard) . All I'm basically saying is that the game should not be forcing us to listen and play along with music that we do not enjoy listening to in the first place in order to unlock the music that we do like (tour mode) , we pay good money and should have a choice . As an example when my wife and I hit that Bob Dylan song we both absolutely hated it and would remove it from the play list in a second if we had the option , what keeps us going through some of these horrible songs (at least to us) is that we know once we unlock everything we won't have to play them again .

- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaGamePimp is online now  
post #4619 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Great suggestions Pimp..

If they are smart, they are listening!!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #4620 of 12426 Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

What we need is 'Pop Band' , 'Punk Band' , 'Metal Band' , 'Country Band' , etc. to go along with 'Rock Band' (sort of like how GH does it with those pack discs) . I honestly hate having to play through some of the off the wall stuff that is in RB1/2 , they should have just called the game 'Music Band' but obviously that does not sound nearly as cool as 'Rock Band' even though it would be a better description . I mean if you want to appeal to a wider audience then you need more than one or two songs from a particular category anyway , why not just give each group a pack that will truly grab them . Maybe give an in game option to pick our own song lists or categories from what is available on the disc (I am not talking about the DLC here since obviously we all have our own choice in that regard) . All I'm basically saying is that the game should not be forcing us to listen and play along with music that we do not enjoy listening to in the first place in order to unlock the music that we do like (tour mode) , we pay good money and should have a choice . As an example when my wife and I hit that Bob Dylan song we both absolutely hated it and would remove it from the play list in a second if we had the option , what keeps us going through some of these horrible songs (at least to us) is that we know once we unlock everything we won't have to play them again .

- Jason

I agree, I would love to be able to flag a certain song to not show up in challenges or on tour, but still have it available for quickplay.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off