Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I think the problem with the "Foreplay" chart is the song has triplets with an accent on the first note... yet the charts asks you to skip the first note, snare the second and crash/kick the third?

I don't know if that's entirely accurate, but it's certainly a weird chart that thankfully gets much easier once the "Longtime" part of the song starts.

That is correct. Speaking on Expert, it's all triplets. The triplet crash part is realtively easy if you put it on Lefty Flip for that section, that way you can crash with your left hand and double-tap the right. Then just turn Lefty Flip off for the rest of the song.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post

So what kick pedal mod are you guys using? I want to get something to reinforce the pedal.

Here's what I went with.

Scroll down a few posts from the link to see how it finally turned out.
post #813 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Here's what I went with.

Scroll down a few posts from the link to see how it finally turned out.

I wonder how strong... durable the carbon fiber one is. Since mine isn't broken it would probably make more sense to get that one? That one would probably also be easier on my feet as it sticks on and screw heads wouldn't be sticking out.
post #814 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post

I wonder how strong... durable the carbon fiber one is. Since mine isn't broken it would probably make more sense to get that one? That one would probably also be easier on my feet as it sticks on and screw heads wouldn't be sticking out.

properly made carbon fiber is as strong as steel but it shatters when it fails instead of just bending.
post #815 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

properly made carbon fiber is as strong as steel but it shatters when it fails instead of just bending.

Uh, wouldn't a proper carbon fiber footpedal cost like $200 bucks? That stuff ain't cheap.

Maybe a Fiberglass (blown onto a mold, lets say) pedal.....which will bend and give....??

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #816 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Uh, wouldn't a proper carbon fiber footpedal cost like $200 bucks? That stuff ain't cheap.

Maybe a Fiberglass (blown onto a mold, lets say) pedal.....which will bend and give....??

I wasn't suggesting he use it but yeah fiberglass might work but basic steel would be even better at that point. If you had some time you could make some carbon fiber yourself. It's messy and troublesome but making it yourself would cut the price down to about half I'd think.
post #817 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

I was actually talking about the carbon fiber pedal metal bracket, not an actual carbon fiber pedal.

Just go on ebay and search for pedal metal rock band carbon. It's there.
post #818 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Couple of quick questions guys:

1) I finished my solo Guitar career on Hard. But on the summary screen it shows something like "46 of 63 songs". So what are the other 20-some songs then if it completed the career? Are there songs omitted from solo career in Guitar that are available elsewhere such as drums?

2) Like so many others I am totally stuck on GG&HT in my solo "Medium" Drum career. However I am wondering - is this the final song in the career or are there others after it?

3) If I've played through the full Guitar career on Hard and the full Drum career on Medium, have I unlocked all the available songs in the game's Quick Play mode (non-DLC)? If not, what else do I need to do?

4) Is it just my imagination or does hitting a star power (or whatever RB calls it) section while star power is enagaged actually lengthen your star power time before it exits? I no with Guitar Hero this wasn't possible but with RB it seems to do this.

Thanks!
post #819 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Couple of quick questions guys:

1) I finished my solo Guitar career on Hard. But on the summary screen it shows something like "46 of 63 songs". So what are the other 20-some songs then if it completed the career? Are there songs omitted from solo career in Guitar that are available elsewhere such as drums?

You need to play the bonus songs. It shows up as "Bonus Tour" at the bottom of the song list and takes you to a separate page. You unlock each song individually there, but they're pretty easy up until the last couple.

Quote:

4) Is it just my imagination or does hitting a star power (or whatever RB calls it) section while star power is enagaged actually lengthen your star power time before it exits? I no with Guitar Hero this wasn't possible but with RB it seems to do this.

Yeah, you can hit SP phrases and increase the length of your SP mode. It's a really good addition. Also, be sure to whammy held SP notes when you're already in SP. If you don't your meter will continue to drop, but if you do it will hold steady while you're whammy-ing.
post #820 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 397
You need to complete any downloaded songs as well, so each time you download new content it will show songs incomplete for the tour.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #821 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 PM

does anyone struggle with rolls on the red pad? especially on Aerosmith's Train Kept a Rollin . I cannot ever pass the section with the long drum roll. I am trying to figure it out whether it is me or if it is the pad that is not registering properly. Anyone have thoughts?
post #822 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

You need to play the bonus songs. It shows up as "Bonus Tour" at the bottom of the song list and takes you to a separate page. You unlock each song individually there, but they're pretty easy up until the last couple.

Thanks. I blew those off as they were songs I didn't recognize and I was always interested in getting to the next tier to see what was next.

However from what I recall, each one I looked at for those tours showed only a single song. Are you saying that within each tier there are a group of songs in the bonus tour, or just a single song in each bonus tour?
post #823 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

You need to complete any downloaded songs as well, so each time you download new content it will show songs incomplete for the tour.

Thanks - didn't realize that. Do each of those songs count toward your "career score"? If so that would seem to put those at a disadvantage in the leaderboards compared to those that were downloading many/all songs...
post #824 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks - didn't realize that. Do each of those songs count toward your "career score"? If so that would seem to put those at a disadvantage in the leaderboards compared to those that were downloading many/all songs...

You gotta pay to play
post #825 of 12426 Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
downloaded songs don't add to your career score
post #826 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Some prototype third party RB drums were shown at CES

beware awesomeness awaits:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/08/i...d-drum-set-at/

like teh article says they showed up to guage consumer interest. SO email them!
post #827 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I was a huge Guitar Hero fan until Activision screwed up the 3rd one. I have always been a huge fan of Harmonix even back during the Amplitude/Frequency days. I was going to switch to Rock Band once it was announced because the song list is a lot better than Guitar Hero and the downloadable content is pretty impressive. I am worried the single player experience won't match Guitar Hero's. I honestly won't have friends over that much (maybe once every couple of months). I did play the game in the store and it seemed like the medium difficulty was like easy on Guitar Hero. I did have a great time when I put it on hard though. I am a drummer so I had a blast playing the drums. I am not going to support Guitar Hero and Rock Band so I have to make a choice. Is Rock Band still fun if you are playing solo quite a bit of the time?
post #828 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyboy42 View Post

does anyone struggle with rolls on the red pad? especially on Aerosmith's Train Kept a Rollin . I cannot ever pass the section with the long drum roll. I am trying to figure it out whether it is me or if it is the pad that is not registering properly. Anyone have thoughts?

Like anything it's just timing. What I've found out is that often you don't have to hit the notes as quickly as you think you do. You just have to have a consistent rhythm about it. Have you gone to the practice area to work on those sections?

Still searching for that elusive, "perfect" sound
Gamertag: Going Top Shelf
post #829 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quick question for everyone. I don't have the patience to search the entire thread for it. I live in Chicago. My buddy lives in Connecticut. I know I can jam with him in the "band quickplay" mode and tug of war, etc. But can I invite him into my band for band world tour for which to get achievements? I tried last night but it seems that co-op play for bands has to be together in the same room, not online. Is this correct?

post #830 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I was a huge Guitar Hero fan until Activision screwed up the 3rd one. I have always been a huge fan of Harmonix even back during the Amplitude/Frequency days. I was going to switch to Rock Band once it was announced because the song list is a lot better than Guitar Hero and the downloadable content is pretty impressive. I am worried the single player experience won't match Guitar Hero's. I honestly won't have friends over that much (maybe once every couple of months). I did play the game in the store and it seemed like the medium difficulty was like easy on Guitar Hero. I did have a great time when I put it on hard though. I am a drummer so I had a blast playing the drums. I am not going to support Guitar Hero and Rock Band so I have to make a choice. Is Rock Band still fun if you are playing solo quite a bit of the time?

While the difficulty on Rock Band is easier than that of Guitar Hero, I feel that on the later parts of hard as well as Expert, you will be sufficiently challenged. In EVERY other way, I feel Rock Band is a far better game than Guitar Hero, especially GH3. The songs are better, the background visuals are better, playing the drums and even singing are a blast and co-op is a ton of fun with 3-4 people. I don't think I'll ever guy another Guitar Hero game. I had more fun in single player with Rock Band than I ever had with Guitar Hero.

post #831 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:27 AM

I dont know what the deal is but I have a glitch somewhere...I decided to start a solo career on guitar figured i would just do easy and work my way up. I have played a couple of songs and come across this same issue.... I am able to strum perfectly, but it shows that I am missing the note as far as the multiplier and crowd meter goes. This happens randomly. So i get a barely a 4 star rating on a song but have 100 percent accuracy? Whats the deal here. Anyone have any ideas?
post #832 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan S View Post

...The songs are better, the background visuals are better, playing the drums and even singing are a blast and co-op is a ton of fun with 3-4 people..

I agree with this with one clarification. The *presentation* of the visuals is much better, but the graphics are more on par with the Wii and SD then HD.

In other words I love how the zoom in on the right instrument (drums during heavy drum parts) and the presentation used is much more dramatic. But the graphics are pretty fugly. I know its not about the graphics so I don't discount that from the value of the game. I'm just making the point that from a graphics standpoint there is a ton of room to make the models look HD while still preserving that same-style presentation.
post #833 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Is GG&HT the last song in solo career mode for Drums on Medium? Or after finishing that one does it open up another venue/additional songs?
post #834 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is GG&HT the last song in solo career mode for Drums on Medium? Or after finishing that one does it open up another venue/additional songs?

2 or 3 more tiers after GG&HT. None as difficult as GG.
post #835 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quick question for everyone. I don't have the patience to search the entire thread for it. I live in Chicago. My buddy lives in Connecticut. I know I can jam with him in the "band quickplay" mode and tug of war, etc. But can I invite him into my band for band world tour for which to get achievements? I tried last night but it seems that co-op play for bands has to be together in the same room, not online. Is this correct?

No online Band World Tour.
post #836 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

While the difficulty on Rock Band is easier than that of Guitar Hero, I feel that on the later parts of hard as well as Expert, you will be sufficiently challenged. In EVERY other way, I feel Rock Band is a far better game than Guitar Hero, especially GH3. The songs are better, the background visuals are better, playing the drums and even singing are a blast and co-op is a ton of fun with 3-4 people. I don't think I'll ever guy another Guitar Hero game. I had more fun in single player with Rock Band than I ever had with Guitar Hero.

Thanks for the reply. I think that made up my mind to pick it up in a few weeks. Like you, I doubt I will ever pick up another Guitar Hero game. After playing Rock Band, Guitar Hero seems very inferior.
post #837 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraskarrt View Post

I dont know what the deal is but I have a glitch somewhere...I decided to start a solo career on guitar figured i would just do easy and work my way up. I have played a couple of songs and come across this same issue.... I am able to strum perfectly, but it shows that I am missing the note as far as the multiplier and crowd meter goes. This happens randomly. So i get a barely a 4 star rating on a song but have 100 percent accuracy? Whats the deal here. Anyone have any ideas?

you need to return your guitar to EA for a new one.
post #838 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank View Post

2 or 3 more tiers after GG&HT. None as difficult as GG.

Thanks. At this point it doesn't look like I would ever have figured that out on my own. I keep keeping booted at 68%. I've spent some time in practice in that section, but not nearly enough. Its actually gotten to the point where it is no longer fun and I just want to move on... As a result I finished my solo career on guitar instead and haven't really wanted to start playing drums again.
post #839 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR View Post

I'd say the last tier of RB expert feels like the first (maybe second) tier of GH3 expert. There's some challenge, but not much. A lot of the songs you will 5 star or 5 gold star your first time through, depending on how good you are at GH.

The songs are really good. There's a lot more variety, although GH3 really did a good job of providing more variety than previous GH games also.

Drumming is a blast. Singing is ok.

The graphics and presentation or much better than GH3, but there is *always* a filter of some type over the image, reducing the image quality quite a bit.

DLC is far better for RB than GH3. Not only is it cheaper, but there is far more of it.

I'd say the guitar portion of RB is quite a bit more short-lived than GH3, unless you're willing to continually pony up money for the DLC.
post #840 of 12426 Old 01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. At this point it doesn't look like I would ever have figured that out on my own. I keep keeping booted at 68%. I've spent some time in practice in that section, but not nearly enough. Its actually gotten to the point where it is no longer fun and I just want to move on... As a result I finished my solo career on guitar instead and haven't really wanted to start playing drums again.

I think many people have been here. I was there, for sure. After failing GG 10 or so times, it was a good 2 or 3 weeks before I put it back in my xbox. Then, I started trying again. After another 10 or 20 tries, I was able to get through it....and things started to click.

Like I said, you'll pretty much breeze through the rest of the career once you get GG over with. At least for me, the bass pedal started becoming more second nature after beating GG, too. Seems like GG is the first time you have to really keep 2 different rhythms going for a substantial amount of time.

(for me, I got through playing softer than normal. Kept me a bit more focused. Don't give up, either. Miss a few, quickly regroup and keep hammering through the song. Eventually, you'll get it.)
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page