post #991 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokisan View Post

This thread has a habit on sucking money out of my wallet. Saw the pedal metal mentioned here and had to have one (carbon fiber).

Got the carbon fiber one yesterday. I can't speak to how much support it adds (it is a pretty thick piece of material though) but I love the looks of it.

***Is it bad forum etiquette to quote yourself???

Wokisan
AVS / AGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Where is the official song list request thread for RB on the 360? (either here or rockband.com)?
post #993 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
darklord,

do the songs get 'installed' to your hard drive? can you keep playing them later without the oxm disc? if so, mail it to me...

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #994 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Liked: 93
"do the songs get 'installed' to your hard drive? can you keep playing them later without the oxm disc? if so, mail it to me... "

The disc downloads the tracks to your HDD just like any other RockBand DLC. As for mailing my disc away, I've already got a group of people locally that I'm passing my disc onto. You may not be the recipient of the DLC lovin', but the lovin' is happening.
post #995 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Well I've hit a brick wall for now. I am doing the solo drum tour on Hard and just can't get through two of the songs in the London set. Blue Oyster Cult and the Boston one. I can 5 star Metallica and 4 star the others but the other two are killing me. Oyster isn't too bad until the very end with that fast off beat, especially when the snare kicks in on the last riff. Ouch. Guess I'm just gonna have to keep at it!

Considering that I've never played drums at all before this game I'm surprised at how well I've picked things up. I never even tried easy and went right in with medium and had a great time. Now medium seems too slow and almost pathetically easy. Eventually I will try the other instruments but I MUST BEAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #996 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC View Post

Where is the official song list request thread for RB on the 360? (either here or rockband.com)?

you have to be logged in at the community section of the site. The link is way at the bottom the last choice in the red row of links. If your not logged in the link will not be there.
post #997 of 12426 Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

Well I've hit a brick wall for now. I am doing the solo drum tour on Hard and just can't get through two of the songs in the London set. Blue Oyster Cult and the Boston one.

Yep, that ending of the BOC song is wicked tricky. Fortunately in practice you can slow down just that section and get a feel for that strange rhythm. Also, try going back to the easier tiers and replay anything that's 3 stars to try to get an extra star or two. Also, aim for 5 stars on all your favorite songs. It's good practice to eventually nail "Reaper".

"Foreplay/Longtime" (Boston) is only hard for the snare/crash sections during the triplets in the first minute of the song. I don't think this chart matches the rhythm of the song very well, so just concentrate on hitting the crashes on the strong part of the beat and try to anticipate the snare hit before each crash. It doesn't really make sense if you listen too closely to the song, so only used the music as rough guide. Good news is the rest of the song is cake, and quite fun.

Good luck Kris!
post #998 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Ok I took another stab at hard today and the Pixies song and cleared it. But I cleared it as badly as you possibly can. LOL Three stars and I was literally in the blinking red ready to be booed off at the applause (or was it that applause that they are actually laughing at you? You know the kind of applause a goalie gets when he makes a save after allowing four straight goals LOL).

Anyways... I cleared that city and am on to the next city... the one with Suffagate City. I almosr couldn't clear Epic and that would have REALLY pissed me off as FTM is my favorite band on this.

How is the online element on this game? Good cooperative play? I will probably attach my ethernet cable this weekend to get the DLC and to activate my live 12month account.
post #999 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Oh and I attached my Pedal Metal yesterday. I didn't know you had to actually drill holes into your pedal so that scared me a bit.

I only attached the top screw and the bottom screws where the arch of my foot would be so far. Seems solid enough for now. I didn't want to attach more screws because the screw heads he provides protrude out and I figured they would irritate my foot if I played barefoot. will try to get "flatter" screws this weekend.

Petal Medal is awesome though. I think that helped me clear the pixies song as I was able to wail away on the pedal and didn't have to hold back.

I took quite a bit of abuse from the wife though when I took it out of the package. At first she thought it was a cosmetic mod and she was like wtf you get that for? I tried to explain to her the issue with the broken pedals but she wasn't having it.

I then told her the guy sold over a thousand online with 100% feedback. She then did the math and figured out that the guy has made over 15k. lol I then got yelled at for "not thinking of these things myself to make money". lol can't win I guess. :-)
post #1000 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

He's got a new one that has screws that don't stick out:

I'm trying to decide if I want that one or the carbon fiber one (so as to not actually screw into my pedal). I really like the look of that new one and I also like that it's $10 cheaper.

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #1001 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

For those of you advancing on hard drums I give you a lot of credit. I can't get by the "Wave of Mutilation" on hard. I find hard drums incredibly challenging. I breezed through hard guitar and vocals but drums are another matter entirely.

Still searching for that elusive, "perfect" sound
Gamertag: Going Top Shelf
post #1002 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This may have been talked about b4 but Where's me some Guns & Roses and some AC/DC ??? Will the "great stuff" IMHO ever hit rock band? Def Lepard? I would LOVE to see some songs from these groups and more.. Just wondered if it was an issue with the groups or what?
post #1003 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokell View Post

He's got a new one that has screws that don't stick out:

I'm trying to decide if I want that one or the carbon fiber one (so as to not actually screw into my pedal). I really like the look of that new one and I also like that it's $10 cheaper.

I dig this one, slick. Just ordered it.

Rock Band $170
Foam/Felt $15
Mic Stand $25
Pedal Medal $20
GH3 for spare guitar $100
GH2 for another spare $90
DLC $40
Beers $xxx
Lost productivity from late night jam sessions $x,xxx

Worth every penny!
post #1004 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYHi View Post

This may have been talked about b4 but Where's me some Guns & Roses and some AC/DC ??? Will the "great stuff" IMHO ever hit rock band? Def Lepard? I would LOVE to see some songs from these groups and more.. Just wondered if it was an issue with the groups or what?

G&H is on temp. lockdown thanks to slash's deal with GH. AC/DC have been sought after since GH1, and def leppard is in GH:80s ed. so they could still be on the way. Some bands/record companies are and will still hold out unless they see a chance to make a lot of money(which they would considering a whole new generation can experience and enjoy their music).
post #1005 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, so far there have been 2.5M songs downloaded across Live and PSN, I'd say that bodes well for making money
post #1006 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
More than 200 downloadable songs coming in 2008...Jouney and Tool in the works!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/846/846387p1.html
post #1007 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Duh! He just releases a new pedal after I buy the existing one. GRRRRRRRRRR.
post #1008 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

More than 200 downloadable songs coming in 2008...Jouney and Tool in the works!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/846/846387p1.html

are those the only two mentioned? either way yes finally Tool! I"ve been a huge fan ever since latererus(sp?).
post #1009 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post

Well, so far there have been 2.5M songs downloaded across Live and PSN, I'd say that bodes well for making money

indeed I don't see how any record label or band could say no now.
post #1010 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was listening to the new Linkin Park album and theres some pretty good guitar solos in there, would like the whole album.
post #1011 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

I could: a label/band might think they deserve a larger share or percentage for their songs and withhold performance and/or song rights.

It's stupid, but it happens all the time.
post #1012 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I could: a label/band might think they deserve a larger share or percentage for their songs and withhold performance and/or song rights.

It's stupid, but it happens all the time.

Yes. But I betcha this view mostly applies to band with recent hits. It seems like Rock Band is putting out a variety in terms of the age of the song. A LOT of older hits.

The bands with older hits and don't have any recent material out will be jumping over this. Any chance they can get free promotion will be accepted by these older artists. And it's not even free... its pure PROFIT for them because they aren't doing any work themselves.

I can see a band like Linkin Park maybe demanding more royalties. But if Harmonix offers a band like Journey or Iron Maiden 10 cents on every dollar... do you think they are saying no? Come on.

Most of these older bands are touring now because they are BROKE!
post #1013 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

are those the only two mentioned? either way yes finally Tool! I"ve been a huge fan ever since latererus(sp?).

Well the person interviewed from Rockband said they are talking to everyone, but couldn't go into details. This was said after the interviewer asked about Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the Beatles possibly being included.
post #1014 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post

But if Harmonix offers a band like Journey or Iron Maiden 10 cents on every dollar... do you think they are saying no? Come on.

Well, Iron Maiden isn't giving up master tracks for some reason (might not be their fault). We don't know about Journey yet.

And logically you make complete sense, but in my line of work I see small time people or groups that own usage rights to something and want way too much $$$ for it. Smart people are open to negotiation, especially when their demands are unreasonable compared to the money paid for similar usage rights. But you would be surprised at the number of people who love the control and want a million dollars or nothing!
post #1015 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Well, Iron Maiden isn't giving up master tracks for some reason (might not be their fault). We don't know about Journey yet.

One reason I thought I'd seen mentioned was the problem that faced the Sex Pistols and Living Colour: the masters were missing, damaged or simply not recorded in a fashion that was usable for RB/GH. Since every song for RB has to be split into 5 tracks (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, EVERYTHING ELSE), that can be a problem. And if the band isn't a going concern any longer or wants a lot of money...well, cover song it is, then.

I don't think it's a lucky circumstance that Living Colour was releasing a new live album and the Pistols were releasing their 30th anniversary album and touring during the middle of last year. While I'm sure the bands didn't mind re-recording one of their biggest hits, I don't think they would have been as keen to do it if not for their new albums.
post #1016 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

I was listening to the new Linkin Park album and theres some pretty good guitar solos in there, would like the whole album.

There's TONS of songs I want from previous Linkin Park Albums too, such as "Somewhere I belong", "Crawling," etc.

Also, I'd love to see the entire Linkin Park/Jay-Z collision course on here because the songs are not only great, but for the singers, you get to rap (could help get urban youth into this).
post #1017 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd be happy if Linkin Park never made it to Rock Band. In fact, I'd be very happy if their tour bus fell off the face of the earth.

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #1018 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
This drum-machine app for pc works just great with Rock Band drums. Plug and play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbSxknJFBU

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #1019 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

It will be nice to see how much homebrew comes out for the PC now that utilizes the drum kit.

It would be nice to know that the rockband drum kit can still have some value and be useful on a PC long after the game itself loses its intrigue.
post #1020 of 12426 Old 01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dare I wonder what the attach rate might be? I think I'll probably end up downloading over half of the title if they keep the variety up.

I think I've picked up everything but a few, but If I had to do it all again I would skip the metallica downloads. I just don't have that kind of patience.

"I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page