post #12391 of 12426 Old 06-20-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Also "Trixie" by Jeff Burgess, a catchy humorous pop song in the vein of Jonathan Coulton. See the expert guitar chart here (couldn't find a full band clip other than the excerpt end of this, from an RBN authoring group, after three other songs (the 2nd of which I liked).
I'll take a pass on the Brony songs. A little too creepy for me. Also, it's not humorous. The guy seriously loves My Little Pony.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12392 of 12426 Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
This pass weekend I did some cleaning in my entertainment room and ended up boxing up all the RB equipment for attic storage. We just do not play anymore and now that there will be no more DLC it was time. Perhaps the most fun and entertaining experience my family and I have had over the past few years so no regrets in spending all that money. Am sad to see the genre die out like this but oh well it happens.
post #12393 of 12426 Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
my next gen most wanted:

1) fantasia
2) forza 5
3) gta v

heh cool.gif

xbl/gamecenter:

psn/twitter: ileff
my app:
post #12394 of 12426 Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I'll take a pass on the Brony songs. A little too creepy for me. Also, it's not humorous. The guy seriously loves My Little Pony.

Wasn't promoting Brony, which aren't available yet (are they?) though I liked the second one (which turns out to be by Dash and the Living Tombstones) and the last one on that clip, "Trixie" by Jeff Burgess. The other two songs on the clip were by Eurobeat Brony; the tunes didn't grab me at all.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
" -- hookbill
post #12395 of 12426 Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Wasn't promoting Brony, which aren't available yet (are they?) though I liked the second one (which turns out to be by Dash and the Living Tombstones) and the last one on that clip, "Trixie" by Jeff Burgess. The other two songs on the clip were by Eurobeat Brony; the tunes didn't grab me at all.
Brony is the name of a male My Little Pony fan. All of the songs from that reel are by "Bronies."

/ 

post #12396 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
*Dusts off thread*

Rock Band 3 and its Bon Jovi, Doors, and American Idiot packs are part of this week's Deals with Gold sale. I've been waiting for the 'full' digital game to go on sale, so I can finally retire the disc [should have done this a long time ago, but love waiting for deals]. With the XboxOne slowly taking over my gaming time, it'll be nice to be able to just jump on the 360 for a few quick songs when needed.

Hard to believe RB3 came out 4 years ago this week!

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #12397 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
I've been thinking about this game a lot lately. Haven't touched my drums in 2-3 years.

It seems like shortly after RB3 came out the entirety of music peripheral games just died altogether.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #12398 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mguy5 View Post
*Dusts off thread*

Rock Band 3 and its Bon Jovi, Doors, and American Idiot packs are part of this week's Deals with Gold sale. I've been waiting for the 'full' digital game to go on sale, so I can finally retire the disc [should have done this a long time ago, but love waiting for deals]. With the XboxOne slowly taking over my gaming time, it'll be nice to be able to just jump on the 360 for a few quick songs when needed.

Hard to believe RB3 came out 4 years ago this week!
If you ever plan on downloading Rock Band Customs (google it), hold onto your disc.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #12399 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_H View Post
If you ever plan on downloading Rock Band Customs (google it), hold onto your disc.

Interesting; in six years of playing the game I never heard of that. There are maybe 10 songs in that list that I'd grab; not worth popping a disc in.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12400 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 PM

I guess I should have said the entire name, Custom Creators Collective. This is the list I was referring to:

http://db.customscreators.com/

Aerosmith, Metallica, GNR, Led Zeppelin, some people like Muse, more Beatles, Van Halen, U2, etc.

post #12401 of 12426 Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I guess I should have said the entire name, Custom Creators Collective. This is the list I was referring to:

Aerosmith, Metallica, GNR, Led Zeppelin, some people like Muse, more Beatles, Van Halen, U2, etc.

Huh. Yet another set of custom RB songs. Some intriguing titles but still nothing worth my getting off my butt to load a disc for.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12402 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Rock Band 3 DLC went for 2 1/2 years, but it still feels like not enough. I still try to play it once a week. Shame about the RBN blowing up at the same time the DLC stopped because it could have continued for some time after that.

/ 

post #12403 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Huh. Yet another set of custom RB songs. Some intriguing titles but still nothing worth my getting off my butt to load a disc for.
Wow, really? You must have very specific musical taste.

post #12404 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that exactly?
post #12405 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 09:38 AM

It's a group of people still making DLC for Rock Band. Through the disc version of the game and using update #4 they were able to add more songs to Rock Band without having to mod or hack anything.

Read more here:

http://customscreatorscollective.wor...com/about-ccc/

post #12406 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM

How very cool. I see they stay away from monetary gain so I assume that's how they avoid copyright complications.
post #12407 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead View Post
How very cool. I see they stay away from monetary gain so I assume that's how they avoid copyright complications.

I'm fairly certain that they haven't avoided "copyright complications". What they're doing is illegal distribution, regardless of whether they profit or not; Napster wasn't charging for recordings either. But this is too tiny an infraction to draw anyone's attention.
post #12408 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Ah. That's too bad. I'm not sure I miss it enough to go through all that to get back into it. I've kind of moved on to the real thing these days, but that collection of songs makes it appealing.
post #12409 of 12426 Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Wow, really? You must have very specific musical taste.

I see thirteen songs in that list which interest me, mostly old radio hits, and one of those is a bit iffy. They're definitely not sufficient to make me want to go through the convoluted process of porting them and setting up to play them (as detailed here; maybe that's out of data and someone has streamlined the process?).

"
" -- hookbill
post #12410 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
You know there are 10 pages? Only 13 songs?
post #12411 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 01:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post

No, I hadn't notice that the list was that long. Out of nearly 1000 songs there are many more than a dozen which interest me. But the procedure for using them is arduous. Can the disc version of the game be used if the GoD version is installed? If so, I would have to restore the update to play normally.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12412 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 01:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post

No, I hadn't noticed that the list was that long. Out of nearly 1000 songs there are many more than a dozen which interest me. But the procedure for using them is arduous. Can the disc version of the game be used if the GoD version is installed? If so, I would have to restore the update to play normally.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12413 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 AM

Liked: 19
Somewhat related aside:

After purchasing the GoD version, it kept on only downloading a 40 kB file and giving me a generic 'game failed to download' error. While reading about Rock Band Customs earlier in the day, it had mentioned that Title Update 5 is now included in the actual downloadable game- so I went and deleted the update from my 360's memory. Tried to download the GoD again, and had no problems. So... thanks!

Wish I had known about Rock Band Customs back in 'the day'... at one time most of my buddies were into it and we would always fire it up when people were over. Those days are far and few between now, so think I'll just stick with my purchases. But maybe if I get another Rock Band party organized someday...

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #12414 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Well, that list was enough for me to resurrect my RROD box, find/buy the MIDI pro adaptor, and a copy of RB3 for my XBox! I miss playing, but all of my RB collection is on PS3. Have you guys seen how outrageous the prices are for a 360 wireless guitar? Yikes! Good thing I prefer the drums, and have an electronic set to use. I like tinkering, so going through the process to enable these songs will be fun. And to think...I had picked up a band set of Band Hero when the intial clearance started. Ended up selling it on CL without ever opening it.

bg
post #12415 of 12426 Old 08-07-2014, 11:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I decided to try to play with the customs and have found that I can remove update 5 from my system and run the game from the disc and get the MTV Games and EA logos instead of Mad Catz. However it didn't like my save file (it said that it was created with a more recent revision of the game, which it was), so it looked as though I might have to start completely from scratch. Not a problem for me because I don't give a damn about the band visuals, but it seems as though it might require that I recalibrate every time.

The other problem that I had was that Norton hates the copy of Party Buffalo as downloaded from Digiex and refused to let me run it, deleting it every time. So I've looked for an alternative Xbox 360 file system explorer and haven't found one yet.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12416 of 12426 Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I got "Party Buffalo" to work (could it have a more asinine name ???). Norton can't find any known virus in it. So, I got it to work. If I run the game from the disc I have to decline the update and thus cannot run connected to Live and I have to decline to have it replace my save file, so I have to set calibration every time and it cannot record my scores. (It's a little dangerous since I could conceivably delete my save file by mistake; there might be some dodge involving multiple thumb drives by which I could swap saves; I may try to come up with one). The most annoying thing about no saves is that it's constantly telling me about elementary achievements that I just unlocked along with my rewards therefore (unlocked instruments, clothing and accessories).

I did find 120 songs that I was interested in playing; I'm having fun with them. There might be more stuff with which I'm familiar but don't know it. These are the ones I downloaded:

Spoiler!

"
" -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; 08-08-2014 at 11:40 PM.
post #12417 of 12426 Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I really need to figure out a way to have a save file. (It does not, as I thought, require input of calibration every time). One sad thing is that there's a goal which unlock playing basic keyboard charts on a 5 button guitar called "Guitar Immortal" . It requires that you get 5 stars playing 50 songs on medium or higher. So much for that without a save file.

"
" -- hookbill
post #12418 of 12426 Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Thanks for sharing your experiences so far. Please keep us posted on your progress and any tips/tricks you find along the way.

bg
post #12419 of 12426 Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM

I disconnect from Xbox Live then use a non Xbox Live profile which allows me to save progress.
post #12420 of 12426 Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I use two USB sticks, one with my normal Xbox Live gamertag and Rock Band title update 5, the other with a different non-Gold gamertag and RB TU4 on it. I keep all my real DLC and exports on the hard drive and put all the customs on the second stick with TU4. That way I have separate save files.

Of course the more we talk about customs out in the open, the sooner they will be shut down. It's prolly best to stick to their forums for discussion.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page