post #181 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

Hmmm, my wife said the same. Am I correct in assuming the calibratio done is global for all instruments?

Also, I can do the "horizontal" cal with the d-pad (I'm at about 45ms), but when I'm asked to do the strum/A it doesn't register for me...

I am pretty sure its global..the confusing part is that if you have multiple players singed in under different XBOX 360 profiles...i think the calibration setting, audio setting, etc are tied to profile....so I am not sure which setting is used..the last person signed in?..the first?

Also, If I am signed in and start the game...then she signed in using her profile..if she selects the Options/Calibration using her controller/instrumnet a message pops up saying..."You are currently using Player XXX's settings, would you like to use your own?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In all of the guitar games I have NEVER gotten a NEGATIVE setting for the calibration, yet every time I try manual in RockBand its ALWAYS gives me a negative setting and this is wrong. If there is any lag, you should be getting a positive value for the setting. I have done this with the guitar, the drums and just by hitting the green button on a controller and the drums.

It has me baffled, and is it just me or is the audio sync part hard to tell. I mean I don't think I can set it anywhere from 0-20ms and it seems to be OK. It moves too fast I think.

Live: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216
Fire Fighter IAFF Local 216 Ohio
Union Proud!
post #183 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson10 View Post

In all of the guitar games I have NEVER gotten a NEGATIVE setting for the calibration, yet every time I try manual in RockBand its ALWAYS gives me a negative setting and this is wrong. If there is any lag, you should be getting a positive value for the setting. I have done this with the guitar, the drums and just by hitting the green button on a controller and the drums.

It has me baffled, and is it just me or is the audio sync part hard to tell. I mean I don't think I can set it anywhere from 0-20ms and it seems to be OK. It moves too fast I think.

I agree the numbers I get do not make any sense...i did it 5 times in a row..with the same controller and for the second test got values between -60 to +20ms...as far as I can tell its random.

I also notice no difference with the audio-sync one...0, 5, 10, 20ms....seem the same.

I read an article somewhere back when Rockband was being presented at E3...where the designers were raving about their calibration routine and how much more precise and better it was than Guitar Hero...well Guitar Hero for me worked nice...I did 3 calibrations and got 3 numbers all with a few points of each other...game play was improved so I know the numbers were accurate.
post #184 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I was having trouble hitting fast repetitive notes, even though I was strummin in rhythm, no matter how I calibrated... In GHII, I could hit those sections no problem. however I wasn't changing the AV sync, because it appeared to be okay. But it was off slightly. I changed the setting to 100ms, and left everything else at default, and now it's perfect.
post #185 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaipalm View Post

I was having trouble hitting fast repetitive notes, even though I was strummin in rhythm, no matter how I calibrated... In GHII, I could hit those sections no problem. however I wasn't changing the AV sync, because it appeared to be okay. But it was off slightly. I changed the setting to 100ms, and left everything else at default, and now it's perfect.

wow 100ms? that seems really high to me.
post #186 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

wow 100ms? that seems really high to me.

That's what I thought as well, but I haven't tried any other setting since it works so well. Before, I would have to strum slightly off rhythm with fast notes.

I have my reciever set to Pro Logic IIx, btw. Can PLIIx cause a whole tenth/second of AV lag?
post #187 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 AM

Is anyone else's drums not working correctly? I calibrated my system and with my guitar (gh2 or RB guitar) I can hit all the notes. With the drums (on easy) the yellow pad will not register every hit. So I'll be doing some sort of 1(red) - 4(yellow) beat and every couple of yellows it will say I missed which makes no sense. Is anyone else getting this? Also, the star power / overdrive doesn't work on my RB guitar.
post #188 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTstang View Post

Is anyone else's drums not working correctly? I calibrated my system and with my guitar (gh2 or RB guitar) I can hit all the notes. With the drums (on easy) the yellow pad will not register every hit. So I'll be doing some sort of 1(red) - 4(yellow) beat and every couple of yellows it will say I missed which makes no sense. Is anyone else getting this? Also, the star power / overdrive doesn't work on my RB guitar.

I'm not saying this is the case for you, but I was having that problem until I improved and started really playing to the beat. Now I almost never have that problem. Again, you might have a legitimite calibration issue, but some of the faster beats are pretty difficult.
post #189 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaipalm View Post

I have my reciever set to Pro Logic IIx, btw. Can PLIIx cause a whole tenth/second of AV lag?

I had the question as well...so i turned off dolby digital (I read on the RB forums that the dolby digital was causing lag issues with the Mic) in the game and turned off all the DSP processing on my receiver...I was down to just 2ch PCM from XBOX to AVR....still having odd calibration results. Next I am gonna try just using direct/pure analog (Red/White) audio with all DSP processing turned off on the receiver.
post #190 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

I am pretty sure its global..the confusing part is that if you have multiple players singed in under different XBOX 360 profiles...i think the calibration setting, audio setting, etc are tied to profile....so I am not sure which setting is used..the last person signed in?..the first?

Also, If I am signed in and start the game...then she signed in using her profile..if she selects the Options/Calibration using her controller/instrumnet a message pops up saying..."You are currently using Player XXX's settings, would you like to use your own?"

This brings up ANOTHER thing that seems confusing. Is it just me, or is the player management thing difficult?

It appears that your "band member" is tied to both yout Live account, AND the instrument position. So, I originally created my member on a guitar controller. If I sign in to my live account on the drums, I have to create a new member?

Often times we want to trade instruments during a session, and it's awkward. Or if I have the wrong guitar when I'm signing in (we are using 2).

In addition, when selecting a default "rocker" for playing (if you aren't using your bend member), it's counter-intuitive to have to toggle back and forth from "default" to "select rocker" to jsut scroll to the next character selection...

It seems overly complicated to me.

-Steve
post #191 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

This brings up ANOTHER thing that seems confusing. Is it just me, or is the player management thing difficult?

+1

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #192 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
definitely. gave the local multiplayer a try with some guys for the first time last night and it was a bit confusing at first.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #193 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm also confused on unlocking songs and when and where you can see them again. I've been playing World Tour with my son with me on drums and him on guitar, and we got to play Highway Star. But now I can't find it on quickplay.
post #194 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_in_SoCal View Post

I'm also confused on unlocking songs and when and where you can see them again. I've been playing World Tour with my son with me on drums and him on guitar, and we got to play Highway Star. But now I can't find it on quickplay.

I think you only unlock songs above third tier in Solo Tour mode. In BWT mode, you don't progress through the songs in order of difficulty like in Solo mode, so...
post #195 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Green Grass and High Tides is kicking my ass on medium drums. My right leg and right arm are aching. It's the only song I've failed (by a large margin) so far.
post #196 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolietconvict View Post

Green Grass and High Tides is kicking my ass on medium drums. My right leg and right arm are aching. It's the only song I've failed (by a large margin) so far.

yeah the extended quick alternating (1 2) (-2) can get old real quick. The key is to nail down the hand beat. You can actually beat the song by just hitting about every 4th bass hit as long as you get the hand beat down enough. I failed it twice before finally nailing it at a friends house in co-op. From what I hear it doesn't change much even in hard and expert so at least we know it won't get much worse for this song as you progress. I mbeat medium drums tonight and moved on to hard where I'm consistently getting 5 stars. It's amazing how quickly the game can get you up to speed.
post #197 of 12426 Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I'm getting shin pain (feels like shin splints?!?) when using the kick pedal, even on easy on Solo. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just because I don't know how to play the drums and it is something that will get better with time?

I can only play one song at a time, by the time the tune is done, I'm in agony.

Ignorance can be cured, stupidity is forever.
Choosing sides is so...last gen.
360/PS3/Wii/HD DVD/Blu-Ray/Plasma/PJ - Too much money
Not having to choose - Priceless
post #198 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS10L View Post

I'm getting shin pain (feels like shin splints?!?) when using the kick pedal, even on easy on Solo. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just because I don't know how to play the drums and it is something that will get better with time?

I can only play one song at a time, by the time the tune is done, I'm in agony.

Make sure that you're sitting high enough. You're thigh should be parallel to the ground or higher when you have the kick pedal depressed.
post #199 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

It's amazing how quickly the game can get you up to speed.

Not fast enough for me: The wife (vocals) and I (drums) continued our World Tour last night ("The Wankin' Poppinjays" ) and she said I was getting better on the drums @ medium... but I don't feel it.

Every time it comes to the freeform drum sections w/ the cymbal crash at the end, I get lost and it sounds like a drum kit falling down the stairs!

Our favorite song to play so far: Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.

post #200 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Not fast enough for me: The wife (vocals) and I (drums) continued our World Tour last night ("The Wankin' Poppinjays" ) and she said I was getting better on the drums @ medium... but I don't feel it.

Every time it comes to the freeform drum sections w/ the cymbal crash at the end, I get lost and it sounds like a drum kit falling down the stairs!

Our favorite song to play so far: Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.

Well then just continue the standard beat into the free form sections and just throw teh cymbal crash in to activate overdrive if you want. Being able to do the beats with out teh chart will help in the long run.

BTW people the bowie pack is up. I already downloaded it but as usual have to wait till tonight to attack it. The poor guys on ps3 have to wait till thursday.
post #201 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

BTW people the bowie pack is up. I already downloaded it but as usual have to wait till tonight to attack it. The poor guys on ps3 have to wait till thursday.

I couldn't find where to download tracks from. Is it in the Rockband menu? Or do I need to go through my dashboard? Any help is appreciated.
post #202 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyutemsg View Post

I couldn't find where to download tracks from. Is it in the Rockband menu? Or do I need to go through my dashboard? Any help is appreciated.

XBL blade > New arrivals> Rock Band

The song pack is the first choice and it's individual songs are available just below the pack.
post #203 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Loving the game, not loving how guitar is working. One friend has just scheduled a return for his guitar and I may do so tonight. Just seems like the quality-control on the Fender guitar is unusually low...which is a pity, as I really like it. I think it's may favorite of the GH II, GH III and RB guitars.

Just ordered a drum stool and special drum-sticks (quieter ones designed for use on drum-kits), 'cuz the game is that good.
post #204 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru View Post

Just ordered a drum stool and special drum-sticks (quieter ones designed for use on drum-kits), 'cuz the game is that good.

What do you recommend? Link please?

post #205 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

+1

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
post #206 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a Tama drum throne that is very comfortable, but it's pricey. And the sticks I use are nylon tipped Vic Firth 5As - they will bounce back a bit more than the wood tipped sticks and are easier to use on practice pads (which is essentially what the RB drum kit is).

Here's the throne I use:
http://www.alpha-music.com/productca...idproduct=1773

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #207 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

I am waiting for the drum kit to be sold seperately (Jan 31st on Amazon) but the only thing that bothers me is the sound of hitting the drums drowning out the actual music unless the sound can be turned way up. So I was looking around for a 4-way headphone amp and found one for $49 (link here). Just wondering if anyone has tried using something like this for the entire band with success?
post #208 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alougher View Post

I am waiting for the drum kit to be sold seperately (Jan 31st on Amazon) but the only thing that bothers me is the sound of hitting the drums drowning out the actual music unless the sound can be turned way up. So I was looking around for a 4-way headphone amp and found one for $49 (link here). Just wondering if anyone has tried using something like this for the entire band with success?

I haven't had anyone complain about the drum noise yet. In fact, I had a friend that said my banging on the drums helped keep him on beat during a solo.

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #209 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I'll have to check with my better half, as she picked it out and ordered it (being she's the primary drummer and I'm the secondary). The sticks were Zildjians, iirc, and were $10. You can get them at just about any music store (though they may or may not have them in stock at any given time).
post #210 of 12426 Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 AM

Is there nowhere to plug in a headset to the RB drums or Guitar? I was playing with a friend online yesterday and when I was using the drums I couldn't talk to him.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page