Hitachi 57F59A and xbox 360.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wel i have had a Hitachi 57F59A(57' RP CRT HDTV) for a year now.

i have decided to get a xbox 360 becuase it has caught my eye.

i plan on hooking it up to my tv over HDMI and i wanted to know....since its a RP CRT TV will it get burn-ins on the screen?

and how would i pervent it?

i currently have no burn-ins on my tv screen.

---------------

in 2-3 months i will get a lcd hd tv but for now...this all i have..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-07-2008, 06:12 AM

I've been playing my 360 on the same TV since the 360's launch. Excellent TV and the 360 looks great on it. I've run both component and HDMI (Premium then Elite) on the set, with no noticeable difference between the two.

Anyway...yes you can get burn in. It's not as easy to do as it was years ago because of not only better tech in the TV's but the consoles are pushing millions of colors, moving the entire screen around and there is very little "high-contrast" stationary objects like earlier systems. Think Pac-man, Donkey Kong, etc..... a black screen with a bright stationary level......being played for hours. High contrast, not moving image creates burn in. Now think of something like Gears of War. The entire screen moves, very little is displayed in a high contrast method, even the HUD isn't a bright object against a dark screen, etc.....

Yes...you can get burn in.......it's not easy, you'd have to basically leave your system on pause for a few days (with the TV on and the Xbox 360's screen saver disabled).....

My suggestion, don't worry about it. Enjoy your TV (it's a great set), enjoy your 360 (it's a great console) and have fun.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews View Post

I've been playing my 360 on the same TV since the 360's launch. Excellent TV and the 360 looks great on it. I've run both component and HDMI (Premium then Elite) on the set, with no noticeable difference between the two.

Anyway...yes you can get burn in. It's not as easy to do as it was years ago because of not only better tech in the TV's but the consoles are pushing millions of colors, moving the entire screen around and there is very little "high-contrast" stationary objects like earlier systems. Think Pac-man, Donkey Kong, etc..... a black screen with a bright stationary level......being played for hours. High contrast, not moving image creates burn in. Now think of something like Gears of War. The entire screen moves, very little is displayed in a high contrast method, even the HUD isn't a bright object against a dark screen, etc.....

Yes...you can get burn in.......it's not easy, you'd have to basically leave your system on pause for a few days (with the TV on and the Xbox 360's screen saver disabled).....

My suggestion, don't worry about it. Enjoy your TV (it's a great set), enjoy your 360 (it's a great console) and have fun.

+1, I've been playing Xobx 1 and X360 for years on my Hitachi 65swx20b RP CRT for years now with no problems. I don't know about taking days for burn-in, I think it's more like 7 or 8 hours but I could be wrong. The tech is much much better in these RP CRT's that burn-in is really a thing of the past.

Help a Family in need, Show Them We Care! Like it on Facebook and tweet it!
http://igg.me/p/171832?a=874546
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page