Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI View Post

A while back these two twirps started talking about my mother.. I know what they wer trying to do. Get me riled up. I just played docile & was like, yeah, yeah..But inside I was very angry.. & would have beat the snot out of them if they were in front of me. Again, thats why they do it.. They are safe from any repercussion..

When that happened to me, I just calmly told them that my mother was a fine-looking woman, and they would be quite fortunate to encounter her in the ways they were describing--though I doubt she would deign to be interested in their fumbling ways.

Both of them left the game. You can ignore, yell back, or go for weird. I usually go with #1, except when I go for #3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

the sight of another man's hairy cornhole has a way of changing you. If only bleach weren't so harmful to the eyes . It's the 2 girls 1 cup generation we live in now. I hate to use the term "young whippersnappers" for fear of sounding like my grandpa, but it is an edgy generation that is coming up. The distance with the service itself and the microphone has spawned a group of foul mouthed racist perverts that will say anything with their friends around for cafeteria laughs. This is why I choose to take a stand! Don't mute, fight back with all your might! Use complaints, the smack talker, team killing, whatever you gotta do to hit em where it hurts. Just don't send pictures. Nothing ruins a day like Chris Hansen showing up and saying "hey there. Just wanted to ask you a few questions".
post #93 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

This is why I choose to take a stand! Don't mute, fight back with all your might! Use complaints, the smack talker, team killing, whatever you gotta do to hit em where it hurts. Just don't send pictures.

What is that going to do exactly? Make them see the error of their ways and act more civil? Get them banned? Let me know how that works out for you. There's only one thing that will cure (most) foul-mouthed little punks: Time and maturity. Do whatever you want but it will be a complete waste of energy when you could just take 10 seconds and put them on mute.

Sorry, but team killing or using a smack talker just makes you another immature punk on the pile.
post #94 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:

the sight of another man's hairy cornhole has a way of changing you. If only bleach weren't so harmful to the eyes . It's the 2 girls 1 cup generation we live in now. I hate to use the term "young whippersnappers" for fear of sounding like my grandpa, but it is an edgy generation that is coming up. The distance with the service itself and the microphone has spawned a group of foul mouthed racist perverts that will say anything with their friends around for cafeteria laughs. This is why I choose to take a stand! Don't mute, fight back with all your might! Use complaints, the smack talker, team killing, whatever you gotta do to hit em where it hurts. Just don't send pictures. Nothing ruins a day like Chris Hansen showing up and saying "hey there. Just wanted to ask you a few questions".

So what's your gamertag again so I'll be sure to mute you if I see you, since you've become one of them now.
post #95 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I'm playing call of duty 4 last night with 3 of my friends. As luck would have it, we had some kid on our team that was just yelling into the mic, racial stuff and loud piercing shrieks. So here's what I did. I plugged in my Smack Talk box preloaded with Andrew Dice Clay and made his life miserable. So here's what the punk did: he sent me a message during the game that I didn't open until afterwards. It had a picture attached, so I expected the worst. It was somebody with their butt cheeks spread wide! I was so disgusted that I nearly vomited. I called MS this morning and there is nothing they can do with it, but I was at work so I just let it go, but I'm going to try again. Terrible.

next time ignore the kid... but i cant say i couldnt blame the kid either... entice a person and dont be surprised to hear them react

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #96 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 AM

I typically just ignore the kids but they do lessen the enjoyability of the game and if someone who is being particularly annoying sends me a picture, I'll be sure not to open the message....

LIVE: WTX DEATHRIDE
PSN: Robocop2
WII: blah blah blah numbers
post #97 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Seriouly anyone heard of mute or block communications?
post #98 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

If you guys go through my posts, you will see that I only become a jerk when pushed. When someone is hellbent on ruining my day, I will take the necessary steps to ruin theirs right back. Hey, look at Rocky. He gets punched, he punches back. He's a nice guy with a family and even a robot and a nice pool. But when Rocky is punched he punches back. Rocky is like me and the annoying brats are Clubber Lang. Sometimes they win, but I always leave my mark.
post #99 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

true but the kid isnt Clubber lang... he is Drago... and obviously he left a lasting mark on you.... just like rocky...

post #100 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:

If you guys go through my posts, you will see that I only become a jerk when pushed. When someone is hellbent on ruining my day, I will take the necessary steps to ruin theirs right back. Hey, look at Rocky. He gets punched, he punches back. He's a nice guy with a family and even a robot and a nice pool. But when Rocky is punched he punches back. Rocky is like me and the annoying brats are Clubber Lang. Sometimes they win, but I always leave my mark.

Sorry but the joke's on you my friend. Their goal is not to have a fun game, it's to be a jerk and show off for their little punk friends. And get someone like you all riled up and into a pi$$ing contest. So you're not ruining their day you're making their day. But you obviously enjoy the pi$$ing matches so nothing we say will matter. Fight on, Rock!
post #101 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark22 View Post

Sorry but the joke's on you my friend. Their goal is not to have a fun game, it's to be a jerk and show off for their little punk friends. And get someone like you all riled up and into a pi$$ing contest. So you're not ruining their day you're making their day. But you obviously enjoy the pi$$ing matches so nothing we say will matter. Fight on, Rock!

<---laces up gloves, kisses adrien
Well I know what they are trying to do, which is why I drown them out with the smack talker. Easy and effortless, the smack talker just requires you to preload sayings into it and hit a button. Quick and painless. It makes their day? It makes my day to hear them fighting against this device! Now that's fun in my eyes. They simply can't win. I understand that I got owned in a huge way with the cornhole picture, but we'll see who gets the last laugh because my buddy forwarded the picture to microsoft. It won't be such a good day for the young pervert when his account is yanked.
post #102 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:

<---laces up gloves, kisses adrien
Well I know what they are trying to do, which is why I drown them out with the smack talker. Easy and effortless, the smack talker just requires you to preload sayings into it and hit a button. Quick and painless. It makes their day? It makes my day to hear them fighting against this device! Now that's fun in my eyes. They simply can't win. I understand that I got owned in a huge way with the cornhole picture, but we'll see who gets the last laugh because my buddy forwarded the picture to microsoft. It won't be such a good day for the young pervert when his account is yanked.

That's cool, have fun. Just don't complain about the immature kiddies who want to get into these "battles", since you're playing the exact same games and loving it.
post #103 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

I'm more of a silent player.. Unless I am playing a team game then I like to give heads up sorta info.. I will gloat about my copter flying in when I play FFA on cod4.. Get To The Copter!! in my best arnold schwarzenegger voice.

I really dislike when team members rip on each other during team games. Even if someone is horrible there is no reason to rip them down any lower by verbal abuse. That just makes them play worse 90% of the time. I am a believer in positive reinforcement I suppose.

What will become - Is my Will
post #104 of 130 Old 02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

i have fun regardless.. i crap talk when crapped on.....

post #105 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
When you mute someone, can they also no longer hear you? I'd hate to mute someone, tell everyone to leave him negative feedback or file complaints, then find out the jerkwad heard me trying to rally everyone against him and then left me bad feedback or reported me.
post #106 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 AM

I was playing Halo 3 the other night and one of the players sounded like a pre-pubescent 6 year-old. He kept shrieking any time something happened and it was driving EVERYONE nuts. Most of us just muted him and went about our fragging.
post #107 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 AM

Couple weeks ago, playing COD4 with a bunch of friends, this idiot was on our team.
He pretty much was talking to himself NARRATING EVERY SINGLE THING HE DID.
Gawd it was annoying.
post #108 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

When you mute someone, can they also no longer hear you? I'd hate to mute someone, tell everyone to leave him negative feedback or file complaints, then find out the jerkwad heard me trying to rally everyone against him and then left me bad feedback or reported me.

They can still hear you.

post #109 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

praise allah! The patch coming out has some quick mute options!
post #110 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:

praise allah! The patch coming out has some quick mute options!

That right there makes the patch worth it! Seriously!
post #111 of 130 Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 View Post

I think the real issue is the the TC decided to fight immaturity by escalating the issue with a bigger level of Immaturity, provoking the kid to escalate that with a even bigger leap of immaturity. IMO the TC got just what he asked for and deserved, you do not combat immaturity with a even more immature act, because that leads to things like this. You should of just left that session, reported him, and pressed on. Now you have made you self just as big an immature idiot as him.

I was thinking the same thing. Better action would have been to mute and then report.
post #112 of 130 Old 03-09-2008, 07:05 AM

I found this thread through google. and just had to say i completely understand what your talking about cause me and a friend of mine got what seems to be the same picture you did. And we litterally didnt do anything. He say and screamed and spewed crap through his headset before we just flat out muted him. Never said anything directly to him and we still got the picture. So rest assured he didnt send it to you because of your dice clay which is an awsome idea btw
post #113 of 130 Old 03-09-2008, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljedi117 View Post

I found this thread through google. and just had to say i completely understand what your talking about cause me and a friend of mine got what seems to be the same picture you did. And we litterally didnt do anything. He say and screamed and spewed crap through his headset before we just flat out muted him. Never said anything directly to him and we still got the picture. So rest assured he didnt send it to you because of your dice clay which is an awsome idea btw

what was his name? Maybe the pervert is just sending them out to everyone. I reported him and sent him a message telling him about how his name is up all over the place and everyone is reporting him so he sent me another gross message. Not much we can do apparently and now my smack talk box is broken so that's not an option anymore
post #114 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

They need to have an optional portion of the service when you register your drivers liscense with xbox live and it will match you with only others with liscenses and what age you want to be hooked up with.

That way myself at 26 can select play with ages 25 and older only .

I hate getting stuck with the little kids that are seeking attention because their parents didn't love them
post #115 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Don't forget about the mute function. It's great!

Also, use the feedback system. I use it (unfortuantely) just about everyday.

post #116 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

Don't forget about the mute function. It's great!

Also, use the feedback system. I use it (unfortuantely) just about everyday.

Last night i was playing a full game of search and destroy and I had all but 1 person muted.

It was really sad. I jumped out after that game and found another but honestly we should have to keep doing that .
post #117 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Most of the time I get in a good room on cod4, but when you have to have everyone but one person muted..thats just sad

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #118 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

Most of the time I get in a good room on cod4, but when you have to have everyone but one person muted..thats just sad

on a bad night its normaly 1 or 2 that are idiots but at least play well and so i don't mind them muted.

Last night was really bad for some reason.
post #119 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljvd View Post

Last night i was playing a full game of search and destroy and I had all but 1 person muted.

It was really sad. I jumped out after that game and found another but honestly we should have to keep doing that.

Yup, I agree. It's a friggin sad state.

Somehow these idiots who hide behind the veil of anonymity need to be held accountable for their actions. I just don't know what else we can do other then mute those who are complete morons and reporting those who deserve it.

Another reason why I highly recommend joining on-line gaming communities to play with like-minded gamers who not only respect gaming, in general, but also respect their fellow gamers.

post #120 of 130 Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

yesterday i had to mute a 30 year old..... age is just a number on xbox live... dont think because they're older they are going to be more mature...

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page