Young brat on LIVE takes it to a new level! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm playing call of duty 4 last night with 3 of my friends. As luck would have it, we had some kid on our team that was just yelling into the mic, racial stuff and loud piercing shrieks. So here's what I did. I plugged in my Smack Talk box preloaded with Andrew Dice Clay and made his life miserable. So here's what the punk did: he sent me a message during the game that I didn't open until afterwards. It had a picture attached, so I expected the worst. It was somebody with their butt cheeks spread wide! I was so disgusted that I nearly vomited. I called MS this morning and there is nothing they can do with it, but I was at work so I just let it go, but I'm going to try again. Terrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

...So here's what I did. I plugged in my Smack Talk box preloaded with Andrew Dice Clay and made his life miserable...

You're giving him what he wants, which is attention. Don't escalate things with kids, just mute them.
post #3 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

LOL.. ridiculous. sounds like he goatse'd you.
post #4 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I don't understand why they can't mod their environment?

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #5 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Liked: 11
To be a paid service... you would think theyd do a little more to keep annoying little kids from cussing all the time and doing stuff like that.
post #6 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder how long before someone tapes the racial slurs or homophobic threats and sues MSFT...

post #7 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
fantastic
post #8 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

I wonder how long before someone tapes the racial slurs or homophobic threats and sues MSFT...

That's why they have to put up the "game experience may change with online play" or whatever message on all the games. You should leave feedback though. According to Major Nelson, they really have a team dedicated to investigating every complaint and I would think if he submitted a picture through a message, that they have it somewhere.
post #9 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Imagine the digust that goes with opening a message and some chump has his red eye out. Filthy little bastard, his parents should beat the tar out of him... Some of you may think I brought this upon myself with the smack talk box, but let me explain. I politely tell him to shut up because he's going to ruin not just his own, but everyone else's experience if he carries on with his N-Bombs and shrieks. When that doesn't work, I insert the smack talk box and drown him out and outlast him just by hitting buttons. Drives these people nuts and I highly recommend getting one if people annoy you enough. To be honest, the game doesn't offer a mute player option and there are more and more of these punks migrating over from halo because you can just mute the turds and be done with it. This is my only recourse. When I go home, I'm getting his gamertag and forwarding it to my whole friend list. We'll file huge complaints and get him banned.
post #10 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Imagine the digust that goes with opening a message and some chump has his red eye out. Filthy little bastard, his parents should beat the tar out of him... Some of you may think I brought this upon myself with the smack talk box, but let me explain. I politely tell him to shut up because he's going to ruin not just his own, but everyone else's experience if he carries on with his N-Bombs and shrieks. When that doesn't work, I insert the smack talk box and drown him out and outlast him just by hitting buttons. Drives these people nuts and I highly recommend getting one if people annoy you enough. To be honest, the game doesn't offer a mute player option and there are more and more of these punks migrating over from halo because you can just mute the turds and be done with it. This is my only recourse. When I go home, I'm getting his gamertag and forwarding it to my whole friend list. We'll file huge complaints and get him banned.

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly here, but any gamertag can be muted in any game since it's at the account level. It has nothing to do with the game you're playing. If you mute a gamer in COD4, when you play the same player in PinballFX, he's still muted.

As for your solution, if I were in the room with the two of you, I would have left. While I appreciate your efforts to thwart the juvenile's barrage, your actions were probably just as offensive as his (Dice isnt the politest person in the world you know).

And yes, the complaint system is the way to go. Normally we get together as a room after an incident and make sure we all report the loser to MS. Does it help? Who really knows the answer.... but at least we're using the only tool provided to us by MS. And if MajorNelson is correct, they are indeed looking at those.
post #11 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsrule View Post

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly here, but any gamertag can be muted in any game since it's at the account level. It has nothing to do with the game you're playing. If you mute a gamer in COD4, when you play the same player in PinballFX, he's still muted.

As for your solution, if I were in the room with the two of you, I would have left. While I appreciate your efforts to thwart the juvenile's barrage, your actions were probably just as offensive as his (Dice isnt the politest person in the world you know).

And yes, the complaint system is the way to go. Normally we get together as a room after an incident and make sure we all report the loser to MS. Does it help? Who really knows the answer.... but at least we're using the only tool provided to us by MS. And if MajorNelson is correct, they are indeed looking at those.

To my understanding there isn't an in game mute with this game. If there is, then it's news to me. Hey, I don't want to be the one to contribute to someone else leaving, but most are happy and laugh at the dumb bastard trying to duke it out with an obvious soundboard. Are my actions offensive? Sure, but at that point who really cares. The guy had insulted people even on a racial level. The Diceman was just using obscenities
post #12 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

To my understanding there isn't an in game mute with this game. If there is, then it's news to me.

You can mute any gamertag from within the blade - go to the recent players list, find his name and mute him. It's that easy.

Dont get me wrong, I like Dice and all..... but getting in the middle of a battle like that isnt my thing.
post #13 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
during game I hit select, then scroll to the player, then hit Y, mute is at the bottom.

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
post #14 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha21 View Post

during game I hit select, then scroll to the player, then hit Y, mute is at the bottom.

oh. Well then not knowing this has cost me dearly. That which has been seen cannot be unseen.
post #15 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yep, easy enough. Sorry to say - but you got goatsowned! I would think you could forward the message to someone at MS for banning purposes?

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #16 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

C mon whiskey you know you laughed when you saw his "red eye"

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #17 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

C mon whiskey you know you laughed when you saw his "red eye"

give me your gamertag and I'll forward you the "eye" shot and we'll see how much laughing you do!
post #18 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Be careful you don't get busted for having child pr0n...

post #19 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

You can do drugs on there and have sex. Possibly murder some one and they still wont do anything. Actually thats drastic on the last part. So they probably would do something about that!
post #20 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Whiskey, what do you mean MS can't do anything about it?

You have proof, right?

post #21 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

you can attach pictures to messages? I didn't know that.

**don't worry...no brown eyes coming from me, I just didn't know that was an option. Guess I don't use the message system very much**

Gamertag: crud monkey
post #22 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:

oh. Well then not knowing this has cost me dearly. That which has been seen cannot be unseen.

I've heard goatse has a certain mind-searing quality to it. I've been fortunate enough to avoid it. Regardless of my previous comment on escalation, you have my condolences.
post #23 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:

You can also file a complaint on the person while still in the game.

I use it anytime someone is racist or sings into the mic for extended periods.

What's a signature?
post #24 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the real issue is the the TC decided to fight immaturity by escalating the issue with a bigger level of Immaturity, provoking the kid to escalate that with a even bigger leap of immaturity. IMO the TC got just what he asked for and deserved, you do not combat immaturity with a even more immature act, because that leads to things like this. You should of just left that session, reported him, and pressed on. Now you have made you self just as big an immature idiot as him.
post #25 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I simply muted everyone except those on my Friends list. No problem.

Blu Ray... 3-D TV... 4K... I Like New STUFF!!!

post #26 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Yep I mute people all the time. No big deal.

-Thirsty
post #27 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

I have reported many without conflict or confrontation.

Gamertag: BaneAssassin
PSN: BaneAssassin
post #28 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Am I the only one that finds this thread funny? Granted in the end we are all adults. I love a little smack talk. Sounds like the kid won this round.
post #29 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post

Am I the only one that finds this thread funny? Granted in the end we are all adults. I love a little smack talk. Sounds like the kid won this round.

Thats exactly what I was thinking ... I mean the kid spread his ass cheeks and you opened his message. It is sick, disturbing, and plenty of other things along those lines but man he got you so good.

Burn ...

Sorry Whiskey
post #30 of 130 Old 02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 View Post

That's why they have to put up the "game experience may change with online play" or whatever message on all the games. You should leave feedback though. According to Major Nelson, they really have a team dedicated to investigating every complaint and I would think if he submitted a picture through a message, that they have it somewhere.

Was going to say the same. Leave feedback!

read "Complaints" section of this link - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/featu...backwanted.htm

XBL : lowgn
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page