HDMI to RCA sound? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using HDMI to M1 on my Infocus 7210 but I have no way of getting audio out to my headphones. Is there are switch box that has HDMI in from the 360 with RCA outs for headpone use?

I really don't want to use component out to get sond but it's looking that way. I don't have a HDMI capable receiver. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i'm not familiar with your equipment, but the only way i would think that you can do it would be to either run the audio out (red/white) of your tv to a rca/mini adapter to your headphones, or do the same with the MS audio dongle that comes with the MS HDMI cable...

if you don't want to drop $50 on their cable, that's fine, spend $10 on the Monoprice VGA cable and modify that one, if you don't want to modify the component on you already have...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

i'm not familiar with your equipment, but the only way i would think that you can do it would be to either run the audio out (red/white) of your tv to a rca/mini adapter to your headphones, or do the same with the MS audio dongle that comes with the MS HDMI cable...

if you don't want to drop $50 on their cable, that's fine, spend $10 on the Monoprice VGA cable and modify that one, if you don't want to modify the component on you already have...

He is using a PJ so that won't work. I think your stuck with either buying a new receiver (most expensive) buying the MS dongle (middle expensive) or hacking another cable (least expensive) The monoprice VGA cable would be a great option like FIVE ONE SIX said......
post #4 of 4 Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony View Post

He is using a PJ so that won't work. I think your stuck with either buying a new receiver (most expensive) buying the MS dongle (middle expensive) or hacking another cable (least expensive) The monoprice VGA cable would be a great option like FIVE ONE SIX said......

Or the MadCatz universal cable. That one will fit without removing or modifying the connector housing to coexist with the HDMI cable. Still need to do something to prevent the reboot issue though. Taping over the contacts for 26 and 28 would do it.

P.J.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page