Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krone7 View Post

That is why I brought up my win % to show that I am a team player and I don't jsut sit back.

Good on you, it's extremely hard to find great individual players who are also great teammates. Also, having good teammates is often overlooked. My ratio will sky rocket when I play with 3 or 4 good teammates.

XBL: Nash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBKfan View Post

Good on you, it's extremely hard to find great individual players who are also great teammates. Also, having good teammates is often overlooked. My ratio will sky rocket when I play with 3 or 4 good teammates.

I will argue though that in team deathmatch at least, it doesnt matter what kind of teammates you have. If you have one guy who is raping the entire team, you've got a good shot at winning, even if he's got his mic off and just does his own thing. Now, obviously that doesnt apply to the other gametypes.
post #63 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio View Post

I will argue though that in team deathmatch at least, it doesnt matter what kind of teammates you have. If you have one guy who is raping the entire team, you've got a good shot at winning, even if he's got his mic off and just does his own thing. Now, obviously that doesnt apply to the other gametypes.

It doesn't matter how good a single player is if the other team consists of people who play well together as a team.

As far as being naturally good at a game this is rare.. Being good usually comes from hours spent perfecting your skills.. When you take your game to that level it becomes almost like a job.

What will become - Is my Will
post #64 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I wouldn't have said anything about why I'm good if the people in this thread wouldn't discredit people who have high k/d ratios. Some people are just better at a game then other people.

That is why I brought up my win % to show that I am a team player and I don't jsut sit back.

I think the point wasn't that they are totally unrelated but that they are correlated. However, the margin of error is pretty high as different play styles and game types skew your K/D in unpredictable ways- especially since it isn't tracked by game type. I don't need to toot my own horn, I know I'm a fairly average player.
post #65 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM

2nd round on prestige...k/d is 1.67...i only play tdm and free for all.
post #66 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 PM

I don't think that K/D is accurate either. I usually have the most kills on my team and also come close to having the most deaths. I'm aggressive in my play style. Sometimes I'll go 18-2 and others it's 28-24. Am I better or worse than the guy that goes 5-0?
post #67 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

You guys are breaking this **** down to molecules. Just run around and shoot people in the face while screaming REST IN PISS.

What will become - Is my Will
post #68 of 71 Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryb28 View Post

Have to disagree with you there. There are plenty of people - myself included - who only play TDM, and K/D ratio says plenty about how good you are when it comes to that mode.

Let's say you have two people who play TDM exclusively. Their respective K/D ratios are .6 and 1.8. Who would you want on your team? I'm taking the latter guy.

true, but i was talking about the other game types "that require someone to complete a task" and didn't mean TDM or FFA exclusively...

sure, the main objective in the TDM and FFA is to kill as many people as possible and have as few deaths as possible, but that same person can play domination and have twice as many deaths as kills because their number one priority is to secure a location. that doesn't mean that they're any worse at the game than someone with a higher kill/death ratio that play TDM and FFA exclusively, just because their stats are lower...

i'll take someone with a 1.5 k/d ratio that plays every game type over someone with the same 1.5 k/d ratio that only plays TDM and FFA if i had the choice...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #69 of 71 Old 02-22-2008, 05:55 AM

1.22 Playing mostly TDM.

If you cannot tell the difference between HD and SD on a large screen TV get your frackin' eyes checked!
XBox Live: Vinny516
post #70 of 71 Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I think Ive finally started to hit a nice stride with this game. Ive been playing around with a lot of different weapons. Been doing a lot of P90 and other guns where you can run and gun, and I think its really improving my aim/reflexes even when I have slower movers like RPD or M60. I had a couple 25/4 type games, and a lot of 21/10'ish games. The one area Im still not that great at is sniping, but primarily because I dont try it much and am too impatient.

Oh and, the frag 3x perk really makes for fun ; ) Ive been chucking away like a mad man and now get kills like so many others have done to me!
post #71 of 71 Old 02-25-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:

I am good at just about every shooter game I play. I think it has to do with playing halo 1 professionally. And by professionally I mean by making money, playing and placing in mlg tournaments, and being nationally ranked. Basically, getting really good at certain games makes you universally good at others that are alike.

What was your alias for H1? I have been going to MLG since 05, maybe I know you.

I agree though that once you've spent a great deal of time playing one game at the highest level its easy to pick up and dominate almost any random shooter.

Gamertag: TrounCeN

I'm a Halo 3 semi pro. seriously.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page