New Gran Turismo5 Prologue info - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
PlayStation Area > New Gran Turismo5 Prologue info
Gslide's Avatar Gslide 05:52 PM 03-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zBuff View Post

Yes better than both GT HD(ie the one on the US PSN) and even better than the Prologue Demo(which was on the Japanese PSN).

I'm very suprised they manage to improve it again, there are less jaggies, better colour delination, better reflections and lighting. It's just jaw droppingly good. I can't wait to see what improvements come in GT5

^Thats what I wanted to know, I was talking about that demo btw

so good to hear, thanks

reefbone's Avatar reefbone 09:41 AM 03-29-2008
GT5 Prologue is available for download at the Australian PS Store. It's $59.95 . If this is in AUD that would make it 54.99 USD. Pricier than has been discussed around here for sure
robertc88's Avatar robertc88 10:06 AM 03-29-2008
Holy smokes! I dusted off and tried the first GT game from yesteryear on my PS3 last night and I really enjoyed just doing some single races. I couldn't use the thumbstick (don't know why), only the directional buttons but I still did OK with it after awhile.

GT4 is at Gamestop used for $12.99. I may even end up giving that a try. My goodness, why all of a sudden did I start getting interested in GT again?
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 10:46 AM 03-29-2008
Back in the early days, if a game was compatible with the Dual Analog Controller, you had to press the "Analog" button located between the thumb sticks to activate the analog mode. Maybe that's why GT1 doesn't see it. If you have a PS2 controller and a USB adapter around, you might be able to use that as they still had the analog button.
robertc88's Avatar robertc88 08:13 AM 03-30-2008
^^^^^^

Thanks! I picked up GT4 yesterday used and there was no issue with the thumbstick whatsoever. Just messed with the single races last night and it was miles ahead of GT1 for control and graphics.

I'll keep checking here about GT5. I'll be in a bit of a lull with BDs in April so I'll have time to enjoy these games.
zBuff's Avatar zBuff 03:45 AM 04-01-2008
Can anyone that has a G25 tell me whether the 6 speed shifter works with Prologue? I'm thinking of getting one.

This fantastic game deserves a great steering wheel
aquasal's Avatar aquasal 05:18 AM 04-01-2008
^ Yea I am also assuming FF works in GT / P as well? I have the DFP and it should work with FF now?
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 08:58 AM 04-01-2008
FF is confirmed to be working in Prologue for steering wheels.
TheMoose's Avatar TheMoose 09:18 AM 04-01-2008
This is amazing! after completing all gold in the events & winning all the dealer races I got this as a prize!!

No.6's Avatar No.6 09:28 AM 04-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_six_pack View Post

Bad
- pedals & base unit plastic

Honestly, if the quality of the shifter & pedals were better, I'd say this is the better unit, and I wouldnt hesitate to drop extra money for it. It's like they put SO much work into the wheel, they forgot about the shifter and pedal unit.

Heh, came to this thread to ask if G25s work with the PS3 ... guess that's a resounding yes. (I'm a PC sim driver, don't own a console ... yet)

Regarding this Porsche wheel: I've never touched it, but I have driven PC sims with various wheels from cheapo plastic garbage, the original Logi Wingman Force to the MOMO and now G25 from Logi. The biggest trouble in setting fast laps with sim controllers was never the quality of the wheel, whether it was wrapped in leather or whether the FF was provided by gears or cables.

It was always the pedals, 'cause all the trickiest parts of cornering are done with the feet, whether it's braking *almost* hard enough to lock up or accelerating out without spinning.

A driving sim is a sim whether it runs on a box that boots up to WinXP or PS3 ... so in doubt I'd go with the wheel set that has the better pedals.
kidkit's Avatar kidkit 10:06 AM 04-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkit View Post

compromise...

This thing is over priced, but it's supposed to be pretty solid, and folds up quite nice when you're not "out on the track"

http://wheelstandpro.com/

Mine should arrive in the mail tomorrow, I'll try to come back with some impressions of it.

Sorry to quote myself but I've had more than a few hours experience with this thing now so I'll share some impressions (the Wheel Stand Pro):

Once you take it out of the box you can have it setup in about 5 minutes. After the wheel and the pedals are in place it will fold up quite well and shouldn't take up all that much more space than if you just had the pedals and wheels sitting in the closet on their own. That said, I also noticed that it didn't take too much wait for it to tip forward which frustrated me quite a bit mostly due to the high cost. Also, my second gripe, there is no good way to anchor the pedals without coming up with your own solution. The Unit came with some pull-ties, but they were for wire management. A thought will definetly run across your mind, "I paid $x dollars for this? That's it!?".

2 laps into a trial run, I was no longer a skeptic. Despite seeming to be tippy, everything feels quite stable and sturdy once you you have your feet resting on the pedals. The central bar never got in the way, i haven't come into contact with it yet with either leg. The pedals seem to stay put, there is an adjustable "bumper" on the end of stand which prevents the pedal from sliding forward, but I think I'll get some heavy Duty Velcro to keep them firm in place at some point.

+ Sturdier than you'd think
+ Very Adjustable, for height, tilt, pedal depth
+ small, compact, folds up (hang it on the wall in the closet?)
+/- took a week to ship

- Cost
- COST
- Likely not as sturdy as a racing chair
- you need a decent chair of your own

I'm not sure I could recommend this thing unless a) you have money to burn, and b) there are significant space / girlfriend problems with larger setups . I'm just happy to have my wheel out of the closet (and singing show tunes...)
serversurfer's Avatar serversurfer 02:44 PM 04-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

This is amazing! after completing all gold in the events & winning all the dealer races I got this as a prize!!

Holy crap!!
zBuff's Avatar zBuff 03:41 PM 04-01-2008
Quote:

Good try man.

April Fools !!!!!!

The motorcycle model looks to bad to be a GT one anyway.
Dave_6's Avatar Dave_6 03:58 PM 04-01-2008
Looks to be from Tourist Trophy...
TheMoose's Avatar TheMoose 07:12 PM 04-01-2008
Quote:

Good try man.

April Fools !!!!!!

Yea not good looking enough & man it's big!!

At least I got one guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serversurfer View Post

Holy crap!!

serversurfer's Avatar serversurfer 08:47 PM 04-01-2008
I blame it on the fact that after the F2007, nothing would surprise me at this point.
dj4monie's Avatar dj4monie 01:30 AM 04-02-2008
C'mon IRS where's my "Stimulus Package" check???

I heard there no more 80GB PS3's available? Any truth to that or the ones with the Dual Shock III shipping now?

In any case, I will be all over this. I still can't beat Mission 34 for crying out loud!

I guess I'll have to sit down with it for a full day and I do mean at least 12 hours with it.

I just want to finish up GT4 before I get GT5:P
Shape's Avatar Shape 05:18 AM 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

C'mon IRS where's my "Stimulus Package" check???

You aren't supposed to stimulate the Japanese and Chinese economies with that check!

Anyway, if you are getting a check, you are probably in for a wait. If you are getting direct deposit, you will get it sooner.

Here's the schedule:
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html
robertc88's Avatar robertc88 08:07 AM 04-02-2008
I see which courses are included in GT5 but what are their driving lengths?
TheMoose's Avatar TheMoose 08:49 AM 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by serversurfer View Post

I blame it on the fact that after the F2007, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Good point!
emacs's Avatar emacs 09:04 AM 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

I see which courses are included in GT5 but what are their driving lengths?

check out the forum section of http://www.gtplanet.net/ for the details
bplewis24's Avatar bplewis24 10:04 AM 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

In any case, I will be all over this. I still can't beat Mission 34 for crying out loud!

Is Mission 34 the last one on the 9 mile german track with the benz? I loved that mission. Took me 3-4 days to beat it. I have a video of it that can be helpful if you're interested. It basically allows you to see where you should be at each checkpoint.

Brandon
robertc88's Avatar robertc88 01:11 PM 04-02-2008
Emacs,

Thanks. Here is a site I've found that I'm enjoying looking through:

http://www.us.playstation.com/grantu...FQIGxgodMTRRbA
jasonstiller's Avatar jasonstiller 02:00 PM 04-02-2008
Quote:

Good try man.

April Fools !!!!!!

Definetly an April Fools joke. It had me going when I 1st saw it ha ha. Correct me if im wrong but I think thats a 2007 CBR so theres no way it would have come from tourist trophy
Gslide's Avatar Gslide 02:14 PM 04-02-2008
Whats this update stuff I am hearing about?, supposedly it adds 34 cars and other ****
can someone make it clear for me?.

Also, does this game look better then JAPAN DEMO OF GT5P?, if possible can you do a

SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON please.
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 03:03 PM 04-02-2008
1} The Japanese version is being patched to get the stuff offered in the Euro GT5: Prologue

2} It'll look more or less the same as the demo.

3} CAPS = shouting. No need to raise your virtual voice.
sumavguy's Avatar sumavguy 05:43 PM 04-02-2008
any places in the US doing a midnight release? I figured since it did so well in Europe that they might do it here....

I just need to know so I can see if I'm feeling sick the day before or not
zBuff's Avatar zBuff 06:46 PM 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

2} It'll look more or less the same as the demo.

If you read my comments at the beginning of the page, I was surprised that it actually looked better.
TheMoose's Avatar TheMoose 07:14 PM 04-02-2008
GT5P sets sales record

From Gamesradar.com

GT 5 Prologue trashes UK PS3 record
Resistance: Fall of Man's record bites the dust

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has debuted at No1 in the UK, becoming the fastest selling PS3 title within a week.

Released as a budget title, the racer beats previous fastest weekly seller Resistance: Fall of Man, which set the record back at the time of the PS3's launch.

Not bad for a "Demo"!
bplewis24's Avatar bplewis24 07:21 PM 04-02-2008
Quote:

GT5P sets sales record

From Gamesradar.com

GT 5 Prologue trashes UK PS3 record
Resistance: Fall of Man's record bites the dust

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has debuted at No1 in the UK, becoming the fastest selling PS3 title within a week.

Released as a budget title, the racer beats previous fastest weekly seller Resistance: Fall of Man, which set the record back at the time of the PS3's launch.

Not bad for a "Demo"!

It doesn't mention whether or not PSN downloads count. That would be interesting to know.

Brandon
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop