RB6V 2, who has it, and what do you think? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got RB6 (2) just now! 720p and playstation eye support. I got it at gamestop.

PSN ID: PSYCHDOCTOR1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychdoctor View Post

I got RB6 (2) just now! 720p and playstation eye support. I got it at gamestop.

Dang!!!!! does it not support 1080p at all! SONY WHAT IS UP WITH THE 1080i and 1080P
support
post #33 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Screenshot comparison @ Videogamer.com, shots taken with RGB Full/Black Level set to Expanded on PS3/360:

http://www.videogamer.com/features/a...008-342-5.html

Pretty similar, but there is WAY too much black crush going on in the 360 shot, these guys need to recalibrate their sets, the only differences I'm spotting is some less detailed textures here and there in the PS3 version. All the lighting differences are due to poor calibration and settings (IMO, I'm not an expert, but I know some around here are )

Example of the black crush and the amount of detail, check out the Server Towers in the back of the room:

Another example:

The shots are almost useless since the settings are off IMO. Anyone with experience in calibrating sets care to chime in?
post #34 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
^ 360/PS3 comparison shots always seem to show the 360 more saturated to my eyes (please read: "more saturated" and not "better")

From the IGN review which gave the 360 an 8.4 and PS3 an 8.2:
"There also seem to be more instances of the framerate slowing down, sometimes to a crawl. A symptom that is exacerbated on the PS3 where textures and effects are already not up to the 360's standard."

XBOX - Hyperplasia | PS4 - Hyperplasia
post #35 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI JELLO View Post

And from what I've read the PS3 version is not as good- this sounds familiar.

"Graphics- PS3 owners get even more slowdown than on 360 and some lackluster texture work to boot."

review was done by the Xbox 360 reviewer. whenever a review mentions anything about one version having better framerate, it usually gets blown out of proportion. textures are only a tad worse on PS3 too. videogamer has some comparison shots if anyone is interested.
post #36 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 02:26 PM

I myself, am not pleased with Ubisoft's products on the Ps3. So I will abstain from purchasing any of their products. In one year how much of an improvement can there really be? Take a couple of years, fix the problems, and come out with a good game. How can they release a new product where the reviews sound pretty much on par with the original. Positives and Negatives.
Phaz

PSN id: phazmatis
post #37 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

^ 360/PS3 comparison shots always seem to show the 360 more saturated to my eyes (please read: "more saturated" and not "better")

From the IGN review which gave the 360 an 8.4 and PS3 an 8.2:
"There also seem to be more instances of the framerate slowing down, sometimes to a crawl. A symptom that is exacerbated on the PS3 where textures and effects are already not up to the 360's standard."

Agreed. I always think the 360 stuff looks way too saturated and looks worse for that reason. The detail on the guy's face on the second shot is nearly all lost because of it.

Graphically, it looks on par with the first one. It wasn't stellar but was still a whole heck of a lot of fun to play I thought. Looking foward to checking this one out.
post #38 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 168
From the pictures it looks like you get less ammo with the 360 than you do with the PS3.

post #39 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

From the pictures it looks like you get less ammo with the 360 than you do with the PS3.

+1. Now that was funny.
post #40 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Well I have been playing story coop for 1.5 hours. Quick impressions:
-the game requires update as soon as you put in disc. The update says the file is 52MB but on the PS3 it was 2552MB under game utility file.
-the first load after update will take a LONG time. I mean like 5-7 minutes so be patient!
-the game froze on me already. I was playing online with coop and the guy ended the game session and my screen froze so I had to hard reboot. The game has not frozen since (1.5 hours).
-PSN signed me out already! I read in the manual to open more ports in router so I have not tried on line since I open new ports and will keep you posted.
-no mouse or keyboard support from what I can tell.
-720p was upconverted to 1080p (looks quite clean if you ask me) via my AVR receiver, so the game will play and look good on 1080p.
-I am rusty so I am still learning the game buttons all over again. Options on in game. Character build is similar.
-game play and graphics are smoother. You can now sprint! But the graphics are clearly better than RB6-1.
-I do not notice any lag, or framerate drop but have not played long.
-has split screen
-weapons are similar to version one.
-grenade now uses circle button. You can configure buttons via tactical , southpaw, legacy...
-I had to crank the volume up but audio sounds good, bullets sound with a pop. Flash bang grenades seem to freeze you more than last version.

That is all for now...

post #41 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
I can't even see texture differences in those comparison shots, put the PS3 in RGB full mode I bet they'll be almost the same.
post #42 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 PM

It might be just me, but it looks like the anti-ailsing looks better on the PS3 when comparing the edge of the short tiled wall in the second set of screens. As for the color comparisons of the two, they could have demo'd the games on an older 360 (without HDMI) which would mean that the comparisons don't have the same color values if the PS3 is set to RGB full range. I Think the PS3 color looks more accurate as opposed to the over saturated 360 shots, but these are just my opinions.

post #43 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zBuff View Post

I can't even see texture differences in those comparison shots, put the PS3 in RGB full mode I bet they'll be almost the same.

Those shots are taken with RGB Full On. I think the PS3 picture looks more "natural" where as the 360 image exhibits lots of detail loss and black crush.
I think lots of people erroneously think RGB Full is an instant cure all to black levels. Most displays don't even support RGB Full, resulting in lost detail being mistaken as a more "vibrant" picture.
post #44 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Game play is good and the team commands are better so is the AI. there is respawn in story and TH. . No connection loss since I added ports, no lag thus far

post #45 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Don't trust IGN for any technical details, they generally don't have an eye for this stuff.

Yet you would agree with it if it said it was the 360 that had crappy framerate and textures
post #46 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychdoctor View Post

Game play is good and the team commands are better so is the AI. No respawn in story. No connection loss since I added ports, no lag thus far.

What about the lobby? Is there in game messaging to your friends? Can you follow a friend into a room or game that is already in session?

post #47 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

This is why I still buy all my games for the 360. This is generally true for all multi-platform games expect for a few. Heck for $40 I'll take a slight upgrade from the first RB6. The first RB6 was great, on the 360 of course. I'll stick with the Sony exclusive games only.

+1
post #48 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Besides NBA 2k8 all the PS3 games I have are exclusives because 3rd party devs are still ****ing up these ps3 ports because they are not being made first on the ps3

If I get this I will again get the 360 version, the slow down didn't look very good and for the ps3 version to have more with even worse textures is a joke

I guess when I eventually get DMC4 that will be my first MP game I get on the PS3, because it actually looks better

PSN: Unbreakable21
XBL: xgho5tx
post #49 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 PM

You guys are nuts. The PS3 shots are way, WAY too bright. Look at the cabinets in the back, they are behind a shadow and look like they are being lit up by the sun. Come on now, every PS3 owner knows multiplatform games is risky business on the PS3, making excuses is lame.

The Deatil in the floor is quite abit worse as well.
post #50 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Gaming View Post

Besides NBA 2k8 all the PS3 games I have are exclusives because 3rd party devs are still ****ing up these ps3 ports because they are not being made first on the ps3

If I get this I will again get the 360 version, the slow down didn't look very good and for the ps3 version to have more with even worse textures is a joke

I guess when I eventually get DMC4 that will be my first MP game I get on the PS3, because it actually looks better

That's in fact the party line Microsoft propagates at great expense.

For cross-platform games:
Some games are better on the 360. Slightly.
Some are better on the PS3. Slightly.

People who see more than that are deluding themselves.
post #51 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 PM

No thanks, I'll stick to COD 4. Infinity Ward actually knows how to develop a game on multiple platforms unlike UBISUCK.
post #52 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGreen321 View Post

You guys are nuts. The PS3 shots are way, WAY too bright. Look at the cabinets in the back, they are behind a shadow and look like they are being lit up by the sun. Come on now, every PS3 owner knows multiplatform games is risky business on the PS3, making excuses is lame.

The Deatil in the floor is quite abit worse as well.

Atleast you can make out the detail in a shadowed area (its not that bright btw) just adjust your display for proper viewing and gaming. I say the 360 shots crushes the hell out of the blacks (doom 3 anyone?)

post #53 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Avarice_ View Post

Had this pre-ordered, but probably going to cancel. I don't put stock in any one review, but after reading a bevy of them and seeing a common theme (not a big improvement over the first, graphics identical, etc.), I'm leary of this title.

I was thinking the same thing
post #54 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce x View Post

+1

Avarice
post #55 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post

What about the lobby? Is there in game messaging to your friends? Can you follow a friend into a room or game that is already in session?

Only 2 can play coop. Yes u can invite friends however, the servers lose players all the time .u will get kicked a lot from game sessions by servers.

post #56 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

making excuses is lame.

yawn

Avarice
post #57 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:

You guys are nuts. The PS3 shots are way, WAY too bright. Look at the cabinets in the back, they are behind a shadow and look like they are being lit up by the sun...

Uhm...isn't that sunlight on the floor coming in thru windows?

Seriously though, the server in the back has lights and you can still make out some detail. The one if front even lost it's lights. It's like a magicians disappearing-act box.
post #58 of 207 Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 PM

Some of you can argue about a file cabinet being too bright or a floor looking slightly worse. I'll be enjoying the game! (novel concept, I know) Excuses or not, I still prefer the PS3 visuals above to the oversaturated, crushed black 360 screens.
post #59 of 207 Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 AM

As far as detail I have to say by those pics the 360 looks a lot better. From the textures on the blocks in the 2nd set of pics to the glass looking like real glass blocks. But as for picture quality I have to say that more than likely their monitor isn't calibrated correctly for the ps3 or even the 360. Componant hookup settings is totally diff. to hdmi settings normally aswell as different pieces of equipment. My upconverting dvd player w/ hdmi the settings were totally different than my ps3 settings w/hdmi. So if their just hooking up each and then testing with no calibration that can be the reason for the saturation, and fuzziness issues between the 2 pics.

After all of that and chking these pics out I have to say I'm getting skeptical about getting this game now and may just get Hot Shots Golf .
post #60 of 207 Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralt View Post

That's in fact the party line Microsoft propagates at great expense.

For cross-platform games:
Some games are better on the 360. Slightly.
Some are better on the PS3. Slightly.

People who see more than that are deluding themselves.

I now see the light, why oh why have countless reviewers bothered to claim otherwise when Dralt knows the truth!

I am SHOCKED that anyone on AVS is comparing screenshots from a gaming site. Screenshots based off of different inputs no less. We have no idea how well or even if the set these are played on has been properly calibrated. PS3 brightness or the 360 crush are probably settings not the game itself.

Hell anyone that owns a PS3 and 360 (Not so many over here...) will tell you you need to calibrate your set differently for each one, and thats via HDMI! Juts plugging a console into an HDTV does NOT get you the best representation of the source material.

Now valibration will not solve the slowdown but it will sure take care of the brightness for the PS3 version.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page