Shuffle music on PS3? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if this has been asked or answered already.

Is there a way to shuffle music on the PS3? I'm using Media Player 11 and streaming the music to the PS3 and it works great, however, it would be great if there was a way to shuffle the songs. I looked around and I can't figure it out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
While playing a song, press triangle. Scroll around and select shuffle.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Man!!

New question...

So I turned shuffle on, now when I want to skip to the next track i press R1. However the song takes between 5 second to 15 seconds to go to the next song. Is that normal? Or is my PS3 being pissy today? Every once in a while it gives me some "protocal something something" error. What's the deal?
post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by srj45 View Post

Thanks Man!!

New question...

So I turned shuffle on, now when I want to skip to the next track i press R1. However the song takes between 5 second to 15 seconds to go to the next song. Is that normal? Or is my PS3 being pissy today? Every once in a while it gives me some "protocal something something" error. What's the deal?

That error is WMP being WMP... try Tversity, much more stable for streaming to PS3

PSN ID - BMC73
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Does tversity also take about 15 seconds between songs? I'm having the same issue as srj45 using wmp.....long pauses between songs.

thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Moving to the next song is going to take a bit of time especially with a wireless connection to your PC. It's just the way of things are as the PS3 has to contact your PC, the PC has to queue up the next track, notify the PS3, then the decoding etc. It just takes a few seconds and can be compounded by the blank spaces found at the end of the first track and the start of the next. I don't think it's a problem just a fact.

I do use TVersity via wireless router and have not noticed much longer than a 4 or 5 second pause.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #7 of 9 Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 AM

I am using TVersity with PS3 and the there is almost no pause in between songs. However, I am using it hard wired - the PC, and router all have Gigabit ethernet. So if you are using wireless, that might be the problem.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 20
Along the same topic...

I've got my PS3(s) both connected by ethernet, and am running TVersity on my PC. I've got my music organized hierarchically on my computer (music -> genres -> artists -> albums). I understand how to shuffle within an album (triangle, select shuffle). Is there any way to shuffle within genre/artists with the PS3 that I've somehow missed, without changing the hierarchical structure of my music file on my server?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
post #9 of 9 Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK89 View Post

I am using TVersity with PS3 and the there is almost no pause in between songs. However, I am using it hard wired - the PC, and router all have Gigabit ethernet. So if you are using wireless, that might be the problem.

Okay so the problem is using wireless. If I use TVersity or WMP wirelessly from my laptop to the PS3 there is the 5 to 15 second delay. If I use WMP from the hard-wired desktop to the router to the hard-wired PS3 there is no lag at all. Kinda sucks cuz my laptop has most of my music.

Is there a way that if I download a song on laptop that it shared from my WMP on the laptop to my desktop? Or do I have to physically copy the songs onto my desktop?

Also thanks for the help everybody!
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page