Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
awx
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, MP seems just like MP in Civ4 but the demo doesn't include co-op mode. It can be very frustrating if you don't know what to expect. You have to work on domination, or at least defend against it, right from the start.

I think co-op and the game of the week is going to be more fun for me than PvP multiplayer games.

PSN: YstadYakuza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

played it last night as well and I actually like it better then the PC version because it's more streamlined
post #33 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Cucuy, there are win conditions. In Civ 4 you could win militarily (defeat all civs), culturally (have 3 cities with 50,000+ culture), diplomatically (be elected to head of the UN), or scientifically (build a ship and fly to Alpha Centauri). How you win is up to you. I know Civ Rev has the same four victory types, but the conditions have changed somewhat. I am sure the game will ship with a fine manual.

How about on multiplayer do the same conditions apply or is it a race to see who exterminates the opoosition first? And since it is not real time do you have to wait for the enemy in MP to make their move before you can do anything? Sorry for the noob questions. I am totally new to Civ games but I was addicted to Starcraft and it's the only perspective I have on Strategy games.
post #34 of 40 Old 06-10-2008, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Same conditions apply. If one guy is trying to get to alpha centauri you can sabotage it by attacking one of the cities he is building a spaceship part in, for example.

And yea, in multi you wait for each guy to make his turn but everybody has time limits. Civ Rev is designed around it.
post #35 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 AM

can't wait!
post #36 of 40 Old 06-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The demo was solid but much like civ4 for pc I found myself comparing it to Rise of Nations and I just liked that game so much better.
post #37 of 40 Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
OK, dumb question here--is it possible to have more than one military unit attack a city at the same time? I can have 4 legions stacked up outside Athens which should easily conquer it if they all attacked at the same time but instead I can only attack with one at a time and get wiped out. Also, I can send in two spys to weaken a citie's defenses but in actuality they have no effect at all.

Steve S.
post #38 of 40 Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

OK, dumb question here--is it possible to have more than one military unit attack a city at the same time?

If you have three units of the same type in a zone, there will be a Form Army option, which merges them in to a single "super unit." This adds up all of their attack and defense values (1/1 units become a 3/3 army, and 1/2 become 3/6), and also merges their combat bonuses (if at least one of those units was a Veteran, it will form a Veteran army).

I'm pretty sure you can't form armies of armies though, and your fourth Legion would be on his own after the merger (until he found two more Legions to join up with).

PSN: serversurfer
post #39 of 40 Old 06-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Great demo, did not expect it to be this much fun. Looking forward to the official game release since I will be getting this.
I always liked the RTS genera but never played any Civ game and never believe RTS games would work well on a console. Seems these developers have convinced me to give a console RTS a try, hope to see more soon, especially StarCraft2 and WH4Kawn of War II (or EA LOTR:BFOM) .
This one of the few forms of games that the PC is still the target and dominant platform.
post #40 of 40 Old 06-14-2008, 04:31 PM
awx
AVS Special Member

Civ isn't an RTS (real time strategy) but rather a TBS (turn based strategy).

PSN: YstadYakuza
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page