So... what PlayStation games are you working through? - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 538 Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
i've been working on gta v offline and online, and gt6 on ps3..on ps4 working on cod ghosts on ps4 as well as injustice. Might wait awhile before that killer game will come out...watch dogs looks like crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 538 Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Platinumed Dark Souls II, finished Outlast and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Currently playing:

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
Rocksmith 2014 (PS3)

Maybe someday I'll get back to post-game GTA V and try the online...

- Jer
Chairman7w likes this.
post #513 of 538 Old 05-31-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Currently:

Batman: Arkham City (Free from PS+)

Final Fantasy 14 (not enough time to play it. work too much)

Tales of Xillia (at the end game. Just need to finish side quests and beat the final boss)

Tales of Graces F (play through the Future arc. Going to go back to it after I beat Xillia)

White Knight Chronicles (about halfway through part 2. Put it down for a while but interested in picking it back up again)

Prototype: (at the end, but the bosses were starting to kick my ass. Need to go back to it beat it, then pick up the sequel in a bargain bin somewhere. Love this game!)

Recently finished Tomb Raider reboot (free from PS+!) and consider it one of the best action/adventure games I've ever played. And that's my second favorite genre after RPG's.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #514 of 538 Old 06-01-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just finished Ni No Kuni and am thinking about getting into The Last of Us.

post #515 of 538 Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I just finished Final Fantasy X remaster and got the full platinum. Only took 106 hours, but I did it on the Vita so it was all mostly airport and airplane hours

I'm currently playing:

Vita
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Start Final Fantasy X-2

PS3
Southpark: Stick of Truth (Only game I've gone back to PS3 for)

PS4
Murdered Soul Suspect or WatchDogs (whichever Gamefly decides to send me)
COD: Ghosts DLC (The two DLC packs have made the game so much better, the retail/disc maps are mostly horrible)

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #516 of 538 Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 104
That's impressive, Scuba!

Every night's a smorgasbord to me! The little lady heads upstairs around 8:30 to watch TV/read/surf/play with dogs, and then it's game time! Lately, it's been a variety, usually of:

- MLB 14 the Show - My RTTS player "Pepsi Willingham" is killing it in AAA, I'm expecting my call up to the majors any day. I also play random games against the CPU, just to see other teams/parks

- FF XIV - 14th level human Lancer. I"m still learning the ropes, actually. I'm pretty overwhelmed still. Cool game though.

- Watch Dogs - I'm about 25% of the way in, really enjoying it now. I don't understand some people's gripe about graphics. I think it's stunning. Lots to do in the game, love it.

- Star Wars Pinball - Less common for me, but I still fire it up occasionally. I think they're really good tables, and chock full of Star Wars lore/music/quotes. Fun.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #517 of 538 Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Finally finished AC3.

Started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

Also working on finishing : Brothers, Tomb Raider and Ni No Kuni tongue.gif

i really need to focus on one game at the time.... I think I might have attention deficit!
post #518 of 538 Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Been out of the gaming loop for a good 2-3 years, so I picked up The Last of Us and was very impressed. Even watched the behind the scene on "making of TLoU" vid, was even more impressed with
NaughtyDog. Realized this is the same company that made Uncharted series. Picked up Uncharted: 3 GOTY edition for like $20, pretty much blown away by the experience so far. Free falling from cargo plane and
try to make it out of a desert alive... EPIC. So I'll be going thru the whole 3 games in the next few months..wink.gif

Uncharted 4 on PS4 now that's got me wet with anticipation..biggrin.gif
post #519 of 538 Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I played Tomb Raider a couple months ago, and really enjoyed it, but I've been feeling somewhat disenchanted with gaming since then. I played Saints Row 3 (a PS+ freebie) in co-op with a friend, which was dumb fun, but nothing special. I played Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation on the Vita, which probably wasn't the best choice for my first game in the AC franchise. Also on the Vita I played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward; I used a walkthrough to find all 22 endings, but ultimately found it too convoluted to be satisfying. Right now I'm finishing Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut, which is sort of a David Lynch movie made with 8-bit graphics.
post #520 of 538 Old 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21

Killzone Shawdow Fall but I got bored (near the beginning) and haven't even turned my PS4 on in a couple of weeks.  Think I'll try tomb raider.  I might go back to pinball but I hate swapping discs all the time I already dropped one I'm hoping my new blue-ray copy program will let me back them up (I don't have enough bandwidth download games).  On the whole I regret buying this thing, but there look to be some interesting things coming soon.  I wish it could play 3d blue-rays though.

post #521 of 538 Old 06-05-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Final Fantasy XIV for the last two months solid. I am addicted.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #522 of 538 Old 06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Figured it was time to check in because I've finished a couple of things and started a few, since my last post.

PS4:
Wolfenstein New Order- What a surprise that a company made this throwback style game and did such a good job. The only thing it's really missing is a "New Game Plus" style mode for replays. Then again that would make the hard difficulties easier, which goes against the old school feel. Recommended.

PS3:
Gran Turismo 6- Finally got around to finishing this 100%. Overall not nearly as much of a grind as GT5, it feels more focused this time. I like the direction they're going and the regular updates will keep me coming back.

inFamous Festival of Blood- played this two Halloween's ago and made it nearly half way before getting sidetracked. Then I restarted last Haloween-or-so due to a lost save and made it a bit farther before the distraction of PS4. Finally done and can't recommend this enough, even the user created stuff is solid (mostly). If it's still on the store it's a great buy.

Platinum Run:
God of War III- Had this since it launched and played the hell out of it. I didn't realize that I completed all the trophies except for a play through on hard. That also means that I already completed the "Challenge of the Gods" which are pretty difficult IIRC. So I started a play through on hard, but we'll see if I actually finish. The frustration factor on the cheap difficulties usually makes me quit but I'm gonna give it a go. Wish me luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I just finished Final Fantasy X remaster and got the full platinum. Only took 106 hours, but I did it on the Vita so it was all mostly airport and airplane hours.
That's almost the exact amount of time it took me to finish it on PS2. It's also the reason I haven't bought the HD version because there goes another hundred hours after I get sucked in again

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)

Last edited by Crash44; 06-27-2014 at 02:14 PM.
post #523 of 538 Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The recent Phantom Pain videos rekindled my interest in MGS so I've started to play through the series again. I played a little of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, and while they're still kind of fun they couldn't hold my interest enough for me to finish them so I started off with Metal Gear Solid.

Metal Gear Solid: Once I got used to the camera and controls this one holds up well. Gameplay is fun with the large variety of weapons and items keeping things diverse. I was really impressed with the voice acting. Some of the dialog is corny as hell but the acting is very good, even by today's standards.

Metal Gear Solid 2: My least favorite of the series but by no means a bad game. I don't mind Raiden it's just that the storyline starts to go off the rails here. I expect a certain amount of quirky strangeness in MGS but it goes too far for me in Sons of Liberty: Ocelot's haunted arm, an unkillable "vampire", a little box that makes anyone impervious to damage. Why the hell are they messing around with genes and simulations to make super soldiers when they can make any soldier practically immortal with a nanomachine injection and bullet/explosive proof with a little electronic box worn on their belt?! There are some interesting ideas and themes brought up, however it all gets very muddled by the end of the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3: On the other end of the spectrum, Snake Eater is my favorite MGS and one of my favorite games period. It's got this cool 60's spy movie kind of feel that's very appealing along with a more straightforward story and some memorable characters, namely The Boss. The codec conversations are the best of the series and feature some of the funniest moments I've experienced in a game. I must have been all the way through this game at least five times and I still find new things every time I play.

I played the Subsistence version with the fully controllable third-person camera so it felt much more contemporary than the previous games. Gunplay felt good. Manually changing camouflage was OK but switching items in and out of your backpack is the one mechanic I didn't like. Seemed like an unnecessary hassle. I had forgotten how amazing the ending was, cheesy melodrama and all. It perfectly sets the stage for what follows in the story. And the ending credits music is even better.

Portable Ops: Don't have a PSP anymore so I had to skip this one. I tried to play it years ago but couldn't get past the control scheme.

Peace Walker: I've just started on this one (on the PS3 HD Collection) and it's the first time I've played it. The gameplay is a little oversimplified but I'm enjoying it so far except for this Paz character. And what's with the blue-eyed, blond native Costa Ricans?

Looking forward to replaying MGS4 next. I guess I'll hold off on Ground Zeroes until I get a PS4.

Last edited by Slacker George; 06-29-2014 at 12:41 AM.
post #524 of 538 Old 06-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post
The recent Phantom Pain videos rekindled my interest in MGS so I've started to play through the series again. I played a little of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, and while they're still kind of fun they couldn't hold my interest enough for me to finish them so I started off with Metal Gear Solid.
Some years back, I was getting ready to play MGS4 on my new PS3, and I decided to play the first three games -- which I'd never played before -- in preparation. Your post prompted me to look up my posts about those games.

MGS1

MGS2

MGS3

I've often thought about replaying MGS3, since I bought the HD collection in order to play Peace Walker. So many games, so little time.
post #525 of 538 Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post
Some years back, I was getting ready to play MGS4 on my new PS3, and I decided to play the first three games -- which I'd never played before -- in preparation. Your post prompted me to look up my posts about those games.

MGS1

MGS2

MGS3

I've often thought about replaying MGS3, since I bought the HD collection in order to play Peace Walker. So many games, so little time.
I wish I'd waited for the HD versions before starting my playthrough. I was already over 75% through MGS3 when I received the HD Collection in the mail so I just went ahead with the PS2 version. Looking back at your old posts, I felt the same frustrations with the final boss in MGS 1 and 2. Especially the fight with Liquid. It's been a long time since I got mad at a game but I was about to throw my controller at the TV!
post #526 of 538 Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Currently: Neglecting Watch Dogs because I am completely obsessed with Destiny. I watch youtube replays of multiplayer matches. I scour bungie.net for new info and their forums. Its bad to be this gone with a game that hasn't even released yet. This is my most anticipated game in a LONG time.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #527 of 538 Old 07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Now playing:

Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)
Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate (PS4)
Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4)
Rocksmith 2014 (PS3)

- Jer
post #528 of 538 Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Grinding my way through SotN on Vita to try for 100% on everything. So far so good. I remember why I love this game so much. Hope Iga can give us a new Castlevania-esque Metroidvania fix soon.
post #529 of 538 Old 08-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Just finished Strider (PS4).

Now playing:
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron (PS3)

Soon to be playing:
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Fez (PS4)

- Jer
post #530 of 538 Old 08-09-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
Just finished Strider (PS4).

Now playing:
El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron (PS3)

Soon to be playing:
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Fez (PS4)

- Jer
Thought Spec Ops The Line was excellent for game play, atmosphere and story. Enjoy this hidden gem.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #531 of 538 Old 08-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

More about Spec Ops: The Line in this thread.
post #532 of 538 Old 09-07-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
September 2014 update:

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PS4)
I haven't been this addicted to a title since I stumbled upon Puzzle Quest a few years ago. The gameplay, skill experimenting, gear management, and loot system are so much fun to mess around with. So far it is my favorite 2014 release.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
I'm halfway finished with my first play through. It is as good as people were saying it was when it came out for the PS3. Naughty Dog is on top of their game right now.

Tekken Tag Tournament2 (PS3)
I maxed out my Tekken Revolution character stats long ago, so I've gone back to the deeper TTT2 experience for my fighting game fix.

Pinball Arcade (PS4)
With the kickstarter announcement of my all-time favorite table The Addams Family, my interest in the title overall has been renewed.

Velocity 2X (Vita)
Amazing little action game. Highly recommended, and free to dload on the Vita and PS4 if you have PS+.

Still in my backlog: inFamous: Second Son and Tomb Raider.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #533 of 538 Old 09-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Recently finished Spec Ops: The Line and El Shaddai.

Now playing:
Velocity 2X (PS4)

I tried to play Fez, which I had downloaded for free during its PS+ run, but apparently I had to also run the game and choose "unlock full game" during that time period in order to actually get it for free, so now I'm SOL.

- Jer
post #534 of 538 Old 09-07-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
Recently finished Spec Ops: The Line and El Shaddai.

Now playing:
Velocity 2X (PS4)

I tried to play Fez, which I had downloaded for free during its PS+ run, but apparently I had to also run the game and choose "unlock full game" during that time period in order to actually get it for free, so now I'm SOL.

- Jer
On which system? During the free period for Fez, I must've added the game to my download queue for the PS3 because looking at my queue I see it's available to download on all three systems (PS3, PS4, Vita) along with a separate unlock key for the PS3. I'm pretty sure when I added Fez, I didn't manually add a separate unlock key. Normally any key gets added automatically whenever a free Plus game has one. In fact, I'm kind of surprised I don't see an unlock key for Vita and PS4, if in fact those systems need one as a separate download.
post #535 of 538 Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
On which system? [...] I'm kind of surprised I don't see an unlock key for Vita and PS4, if in fact those systems need one as a separate download.
I grabbed it for PS4. Downloaded it through the PS Plus page where it was marked down to free. No separate key downloaded. When I tried to play it later on, it self-identified as the demo version in-game, and going to the "unlock full game" option kicked me over to the PS Store and asked for $12.99.

I had played the demo a couple of months earlier and deleted it, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Oh well, guess I'll be passing on this one.

- Jer
post #536 of 538 Old 09-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Now playing:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3)
Trials Fusion (PS4)

Also lazily attempting FUBAR difficulty on Spec Ops: The Line for an eventual platinum.

- Jer
post #537 of 538 Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Since I last posted three weeks ago, I have been playong Diablo 3 non-stop and nothing else. Such a fun game.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #538 of 538 Old 09-30-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Still plenty to keep me going on the PS3 for awhile, including such cross-gen titles as Madden 15 and LEGO Marvel Superheroes. Though given how many of the advertised new features EA stripped from the last-gen version of Madden (features that the PS3 hardware could certainly handle), this may be the last time I buy a cross-gen title for the PS3.

In addition, I finally wrapped up the LA Noire plat last weekend and am now enjoying revisiting Borderlands 2 thanks to the recent DLC sale (I'm torn over buying the upcoming Pre-Sequel with hints that it may very well get a current gen port afterall).
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page