So... what PlayStation games are you working through? - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #571 of 592 Old 01-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I setup a retro console gaming station for my kids for Christmas. I played some Bust-A-Groove 2 on PS1, Black and Soul Calibur 3 on PS2. The nostalgia was palpable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 592 Old 01-03-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1198 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Played some more The Last of Us Remastered on my PS4 Pro. Just got to The Woods. Love the tone, atmosphere, and feel of the game.
post #573 of 592 Old 01-12-2017, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm still going through FF15. Spending so much time with side quests...

In between that I've been playing Uncharted 4 again. Great game.

I'm really looking forward to the remastered FF12 in March.

post #574 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 3464
Finished a second play-through of Uncharted 4 to experience it in HDR and decide if it's my favorite game of all-time -- still undecided, but maybe?

Once completed (again), I got the digital Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for $20 to re-play the previous three games.

Currently in the first, and it's been so long it's almost like playing it for the first time. The visual are a little rough coming off of the gorgeous 4, especially character models and textures. And acting and dialog, particularly Elena, are night-and-day difference from the perfection of 4. But still, the gameplay is great - somewhat "old school", less sophisticated yet faster than 4. And $20 for three classic PS3 remasters at 1080/60 is a bargain!
hockeynut likes this.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #575 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgambino1 View Post
I'm still going through FF15. Spending so much time with side quests...
I've got about 25 hours in and I'm only at the third city. Doing all the side quests, I can see this being a very long game. Fortunately, it's really the only game I'm interested in for the PS4 until KH3 comes out. I played through Ratchet and Clank twice (fantastic game) and my PS4 sat dormant for a few months until FF15 came out. I could never get in to the Uncharted games, I have no interest in the COD/BF type games, and everything else I already had on PS3 or PC. So far, this console generation has been a little bit of a let down for me. But FF15 is making up for it now!
dgambino1 likes this.

My budget-friendly Klipsch 5.0 tower setup for sale in the Audio classifieds!
post #576 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of Mordor, Metal Gear Solid V, and plenty more...

RE7 is kind of calling my name this month. Definitely will be getting Horizon Zero Dawn next month. But yeah... I really shouldn't buy anymore games.

LG OLED65C6P / Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo BDP-103 / PS4 Pro
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #577 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
...And $20 for three classic PS3 [Uncharted] remasters at 1080/60 is a bargain!
Yeah, even though I have a working PS3 hooked up to my TV, and all three games, I keep seeing that $20 price and thinking "oh, come on, it's practically free...".
DaverJ likes this.
post #578 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 114
when I finished Uncharted 4 in the middle of December, I started playing Heavy Rain on PS4 (never played the original release), and almost finished with the game. Pretty good game
post #579 of 592 Old 01-13-2017, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
when I finished Uncharted 4 in the middle of December, I started playing Heavy Rain on PS4 (never played the original release), and almost finished with the game. Pretty good game
Man I really loved Heavy Rain. I've actually loaned my PS3 (and the game) to a few xbox friends just so they can play it.
post #580 of 592 Old 01-26-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Finally finished up my $8 copy of Mad Max. While the activities in the game were repetitive, I never really got sick of doing them, and they were consistent with the fiction (mostly fighting and scavenging). I also thought they did an excellent job of making each area of the game and each enemy camp feel unique. With a game set in a wasteland you'd think the landscape would all blur together after a while, but that wasn't the case here. Melee combat was derivative but satisfying, and car combat was pretty good, if a little underwhelming. Fantastic value for the price, though.

Struggling a bit with the final zone in Crypt Of The Necrodancer, so I'm taking a break. Same story with Darkest Dungeon, which has gotten really punishing and grindy as I've started assaulting the final titular dungeon. Any retreat from the final areas will auto-kill a party member, so it's pretty much win or suffer a team wipe, which takes a lot of grinding to replace members and items.

Somewhere in the middle of Chapter 3 in Final Fantasy XV, lost in an endless sea of side quests.

Picked up Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood for $10, and Resident Evil VII should arrive today. Still need to finish up Eagle Flight and check out the new Battle Zone update.

I also still have The Witcher III and The Talos Principle in the queue from holiday sales.

Too much backlog! A good problem to have.

- Jer
DaverJ likes this.
post #581 of 592 Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 355
I finished The Last Guardian yesterday. Wonderful game, I wish it wasn't over. I know the game has its technical issues; frustrating AI commands at times, a camera that gets in the way more then it helps but, the story captured me from beginning to end and I loved every moment of the game. I hope we don't have to wait another 11 years for another adventure from TeamICO.

FYI, if you are playing TLG make sure you sit through all the credits at the end.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 02-02-2017 at 07:31 AM.
post #582 of 592 Old 01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Once again, I am playing Skyrim, but the Special Edition. Never played any of the DLC so there will be some new stuff for me. Looks awesome on the PS4 Pro

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dud, will be gone soon, #3 will NOT be a 940D!
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
post #583 of 592 Old 01-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
I started that game a long time ago but never finished. Was it remastered for the PS4?
post #584 of 592 Old 01-31-2017, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just finished Life is Strange - took me about a week. I found that it was pretty different from most games. The main character is a college student who finds she can reverse time. You have to make choices during the game, so if you think you made the wrong one, you can sometimes rewind and pick again. And some of the choices are really tough ones (you get graded at the end of each of the 5 chapters). On a personal note, I found it interesting that one of the wrong choices I made during the game was similar to one that I made in real life. Even though the the last chapter had some parts that weren't great, I'd highly recommend it.
post #585 of 592 Old 01-31-2017, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I really enjoyed Life is Strange. It's like a Telltale game, but with the addition of an interesting time-reversal mechanic for puzzle solving, as well as vastly higher production values.

As a minor correction, the protagonist is a high-school student attending a private academy. Some people might not like the idea of playing a high-school student where some of your decisions involve how to deal with the cool kids. But over the course of its five episodes, the game takes some unexpected turns and builds toward some really weighty decisions. I don't think everything about the game is successful, but I absolutely second the recommendation.

(The studio who made it is Dontnod, whose previous game was the absolutely gorgeous and highly underrated PS3 title Remember Me. It had some puzzles that used a similar time-reversal mechanic, but most of the gameplay was melee combat that featured a system where you could custom design your own combos. Also recommended.)
post #586 of 592 Old 02-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Tales of Xillia 2. Got tired of grinding to handle the devil's arms quest in the original, so working my way through that in the time family allows me to play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
post #587 of 592 Old 02-02-2017, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
I have it on the PS3 but hated the controls, it really impeded the game for me. I wonder if it plays better on the PS4.
All I remember is "Shawn, Shawn... Shawn...... Shawn"
post #588 of 592 Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
I have it on the PS3 but hated the controls, it really impeded the game for me. I wonder if it plays better on the PS4.
All I remember is "Shawn, Shawn... Shawn...... Shawn"
never played it on the PS3, but playing it on the PS4, I never felt that the controls got in the way
post #589 of 592 Old 02-03-2017, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I totally agree on Mad Max - wasn't great but plenty good enough for me to finish.

As for Witcher III - I'll say this. I play A LOT of games and especially all of the AAA titles. This was my first time playing a Witcher game and man are you in for a treat. It was BY FAR my favorite game of 2016 and the best RPG I've ever played. The story, gameplay, mechanics, inventory mgmt. system, etc. are simply marvelous and the "side" quests are so ridiculously fleshed out and fun that they would be considered top tier main quest lines in any other game. You're going to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
Finally finished up my $8 copy of Mad Max.

I also still have The Witcher III and The Talos Principle in the queue from holiday sales.

Too much backlog! A good problem to have.

- Jer
DaverJ likes this.
post #590 of 592 Old 02-08-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Mad Max was really great!

Although I have probably 20 games waiting in the wings on my PS4, I've recently gone back to my PS3 to try and finish a lot of unfinished games.

Right now working towards a platinum on Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls. Man this is going to be one heck of a grind. Although, it is a really cool game.

Mike

xbox/psn: duke63031
post #591 of 592 Old 02-08-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan E View Post
Yeah, even though I have a working PS3 hooked up to my TV, and all three games, I keep seeing that $20 price and thinking "oh, come on, it's practically free...".
I would say go for it. The remastered version are so much better.

Mike

xbox/psn: duke63031
post #592 of 592 Old Today, 02:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 298
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for the PS3

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement