So... what PlayStation games are you working through? - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #601 of 628 Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 255
After finishing The Witcher 3's main storyline, I decided to take a break before working on the DLCs. I finally got around to playing two games I bought at launch last year: No Man's Sky and The Witness. While they are radically different games, my response to both was similar. I played each one obsessively for maybe two weeks; then, after going out of town for a week, on my return I found that I couldn't get back into them, which isn't an experience I've had before. I don't know how long I would have continued with them if my momentum hadn't been interrupted by travel; it may be that I need more narrative in a game to sustain my interest over interruptions.

While I was traveling, I played Lara Croft Go on my Vita. A lot of fun, but the load times on the Vita are frustratingly long.

My co-op buddies and I have started Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'm hoping we'll get good enough at it to complete missions stealthily; so far we haven't had much luck with that approach.

On PSVR I'm playing Wayward Sky. I think it's aimed at kids, which may be why it hasn't gotten much attention, since kids don't buy VR headsets, but it's a charming reminder of how much VR can add to a third-person game. I've also played some Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is a great co-op experience; more than most games, it relies on teammates developing a shared vocabulary.
DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 628 Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 312
I'm working through Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3.

I'm trying to work through all my PS3 games so I'll be ready if the system fails at some point.
post #603 of 628 Old 04-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post
After finishing The Witcher 3's main storyline, I decided to take a break before working on the DLCs. I finally got around to playing two games I bought at launch last year: No Man's Sky and The Witness. While they are radically different games, my response to both was similar. I played each one obsessively for maybe two weeks; then, after going out of town for a week, on my return I found that I couldn't get back into them, which isn't an experience I've had before. I don't know how long I would have continued with them if my momentum hadn't been interrupted by travel; it may be that I need more narrative in a game to sustain my interest over interruptions.

While I was traveling, I played Lara Croft Go on my Vita. A lot of fun, but the load times on the Vita are frustratingly long.

My co-op buddies and I have started Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'm hoping we'll get good enough at it to complete missions stealthily; so far we haven't had much luck with that approach.

On PSVR I'm playing Wayward Sky. I think it's aimed at kids, which may be why it hasn't gotten much attention, since kids don't buy VR headsets, but it's a charming reminder of how much VR can add to a third-person game. I've also played some Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is a great co-op experience; more than most games, it relies on teammates developing a shared vocabulary.
I just started Ghost Recon this week. I think the best tool to use is the drone to spot and kill enemies before you advance to where your mission is. I usually either just sit back and kill everyone from drone spotting or just kill a few enemies and stealthily take out the rest of the enemies. I used a lot of skill points early on for the drone battery, range, and the ability to sync 3 enemies at once to kill. If there is an area where they are jamming signals, just find the jammer and take it out with a mortar strike.

post #604 of 628 Old 04-27-2017, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Games...and more games...

I have quite a few games I need to start...but I seem to be hooked on For Honor at the moment...

PSN: NYBLKPHD
post #605 of 628 Old 04-28-2017, 12:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Final Fantasy XV

Trails of Cold Steel 1

Uncharted Collection

Horizon Zero Dawn

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Persona 5.

FFXV is an ongoing process because of the timed hunts and new DLC's that get dropped occasionally. Trails of Cold Steel is a series on the PS3 and Vita. I am trying to finish part 1 to start part 2 on my Vita and beat that before part 3 comes out on the PS4. (comes out at the end of the year for Japan, but probably wont hit NA till 2018). My wife randomly bought me Uncharted Collection, which is one I have been meaning to get. Horizon and Persona 5 I have started games in, but don't want to get too far into them till I am done with Trails of Cold Steel. Devil May Cry is the game I play when I am in the mood for a hardcore action game. I will play it off and on probably over the course of the next couple of years.

Also going to purchase Nier: Automata and Nioh and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Probably Rise first, then Nier. Nioh I can get into later.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #606 of 628 Old 04-29-2017, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Horizon Zero Dawn. I plowed through all of Final Fantasy 15 pretty quickly and probably should've played a shorter game as a palate cleanser, because I'm having a hard time getting through another really long, epic game.
post #607 of 628 Old 05-25-2017, 06:03 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 462
I couldn't find a thread for Let It Die. Didn't look very hard, but that's what I spent the last week playing. It's the first free to play game I've played. I really like it. I have to take an extended break for work, we'll see if I can get back into it when I return.

The in game purchases are helpful, but not needed at all. You can do anything without it. As much fun as I have with the game for free I'll probably buy something in there when I get back, send support to the dev.
post #608 of 628 Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Injustice 2
post #609 of 628 Old 06-22-2017, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
mafia 3 and i just started horizon zero dawn
post #610 of 628 Old 06-24-2017, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Witcher 3 and Persona 5. Both such pleasures to play.
post #611 of 628 Old 06-24-2017, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked: 3721
Nex Machina... although I don't think I'm a good enough player for this game.

-
"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #612 of 628 Old 06-24-2017, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Currently:

Friday The 13th - Matchmaking issues are fixed, and the game is fun as either a counselor or Jason.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - Not the deepest game out there, and not a ton of mission variety, but still a cool and unique VR experience that is really rewarding with a good multiplayer group.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Not coming back to this very often because I've been absorbed with other things, but what I've played so far has been good.

Polybius - Great game, but most of my VR time is going to Star Trek at the moment.

On deck:

Thumper - Demo looked cool, picked this up for $12 on sale recently.

The Witcher III - Probably need to finish Deus Ex before I get into another long-form game.

- Jer
post #613 of 628 Old 06-25-2017, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Friday The 13th looks really fun for a while. To me it looks like a demo with limited gameplay.
post #614 of 628 Old 06-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Mafia 3 DLC and I just started or should I say restarted Wolfenstein: The New Order. I started it 3 years ago and liked it but never got very far so I figured with the new game out later on I better finish this one from the beginning. Next up Injustice 2
post #615 of 628 Old 06-25-2017, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 255
I've finally started Dishonored 2, which I bought months ago. Before that I played Nier: Automata, which was one of the most interesting games I've played in years. On the indie side, I played Abzu and What Remains of Edith Finch.

On the Vita I'm playing Unit 13.

On PSVR I played Farpoint with the Aim controller; a lot of fun, despite the weird difficulty spikes. Next up is Batman Arkham VR.
post #616 of 628 Old 07-29-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Currently:

Snake Pass - Picked this up for $10 on sale. An interesting twist on the platformer, where the typical running and jumping has been replaced with slithering and coiling, using some pretty convincing snake physics. Instead of death-defying jumps, you'll face white-knuckled traversals across bamboo constructs where you have to maintain enough friction wrapping yourself around things to avoid slipping and falling while still making forward progress. The rest of the platforming tropes are still here, but the fundamentally different gameplay helps it feel fresh.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Still plugging away at this one slowly. The game is good, but it doesn't really suck me in on a regular basis.

Thumper - Fun, and pretty intense in VR. Only played a couple of sessions so far.

Friday The 13th - Interest is starting to wane here, since I've done pretty much everything at this point except kill Jason, and it's hard to find competent players to collaborate on that goal.

On deck:

The Witcher III

- Jer
post #617 of 628 Old 07-30-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1748 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
I am revisiting Tomb Raider III on the PS3. It is still fun after all these years, even more so with the Skip/All Weapens and All Secrets codes..
post #618 of 628 Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Liked: 1195
Killing Floor 2 has been the most fun I've had with a $20 game. It was free last month on PS+. Some new content was recently released and they have a summer even going on now, with a different mode/twist on game play each week. Not a whole lot to the game, but it's a blast to play and becomes addictive leveling up the different classes.

Rec Room>Vivitek 1080p projector w/100" screen/Hisense 65" 4K, Onkyo TXNR656, Fluance signature towers & center, AV5 sides, Loft 40 rears, RBH I-12/e x2, I-12 x2 subs. Living Room>Sammy 59" Plasma, Onkyo HTRC560, Klipsch KF28 L/R, KC25 center, Polk RC60i in-wall rears, SVS PB12NSD (x2) subs. PC set up> 27" LG IPS, Onkyo TXNR509, Primus P363's, JBL 550P sub. Master Bedroom>Samsung 42" LED, Pioneer VSX532, Denon 5 spkr set, Jamo J110 sub. Gaming> PS4 (x2), PS3, XBox One (x2), XBox 360
post #619 of 628 Old 08-01-2017, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 226
I just picked up the LG C7 oled and downloaded the mass effect andromeda demo and OMG!!!! It looked so good I went and bought the game. I think that this is by far the best looking HDR game I have ever played in my life. Not sure if it's the PS4pro or the OLED but I just can't get over how good this game looks. The blinding suns or the little lights on all the armor and weapons. Pure eye candy. Pretty sure it's the TV that gives it so much pop.
post #620 of 628 Old 08-02-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Hows the input lag on the C7, LG's oleds have acceptable response with HDR turned on, yes? (Sorry to cross-thread this post, belongs probably in another forum..)..........I'm playing through THE DIVISION and DESTINY solo...like a boss....Destiny on Xbox, Division on PS4.....

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #621 of 628 Old 08-02-2017, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked: 3721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromPlasma2LCD View Post
I just picked up the LG C7 oled and downloaded the mass effect andromeda demo and OMG!!!! It looked so good I went and bought the game. I think that this is by far the best looking HDR game I have ever played in my life. Not sure if it's the PS4pro or the OLED but I just can't get over how good this game looks. The blinding suns or the little lights on all the armor and weapons. Pure eye candy. Pretty sure it's the TV that gives it so much pop.
If you haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn, highly recommended for HDR.

Also, are you going to change your forum name?

-
"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #622 of 628 Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post
Hows the input lag on the C7, LG's oleds have acceptable response with HDR turned on, yes? (Sorry to cross-thread this post, belongs probably in another forum..)..........I'm playing through THE DIVISION and DESTINY solo...like a boss....Destiny on Xbox, Division on PS4.....
20ms. Response time is like 0.1 gray to gray so no motion blur unless programmed into the game and it's at 30 frames locked(yuck)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If you haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn, highly recommended for HDR.

Also, are you going to change your forum name?
FromPlasmatoLCDtoOLED. It's a mouthful, that's what she said. Is it possible to change your name? I did play zero dawn but on my LCD. I still can't get over the HDR on andromeda though. Work is killing my game time.
post #623 of 628 Old 08-06-2017, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1217
I got nothing on the go. Waiting for destiny 2 And NHL 18.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #624 of 628 Old 08-07-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Picked up TF2 because I've heard such good things about the campaign and have t played anything but multiplayer since I bought it...

Also still (slowly) working through Witcher 3.
post #625 of 628 Old 08-20-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Currently playing:

Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun: Real-time tactical stealth set in the Japanese Edo period. Up to 5 characters can be in play at a time, each with unique skills, and you can pre-plan coordinated moves amongst the characters for complex situations. Played from a quasi-isometric point of view, but the camera can be free-rotated. Good stuff.

Mother Russia Bleeds: Picked this up for ~$7 on sale. Old-school brawler with a darker twist. Up to 4-player local co-op, pretty challenging when playing solo.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Still pecking away at this one slowly.

On deck:

The Witcher III
X-Com 2
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

- Jer
post #626 of 628 Old 08-20-2017, 01:33 PM

I just rented Agents of mayhem from Redbox for free and I am having a freaking blast with this game. Take overwatch and add a single play narrative driven open world, sprinkle some borderlands, grand theft auto, crackdown and saints row, mix in a blender with some sarcasm, puns and movie quotes, bake for 420 degrees and the final product is agents of mayhem. Approximately 20 hours of main story line and tons of side missions and unlockables. I picked it up for PS4pro because it has 60frames per second at 1080p. Using my Xbox elite controller to play it on the PS4 so I get the best of both worlds. I believe the Xbox and ps4slim are 1080p30. It says it has HDR but it's not activating HDR on my set so maybe that's a future patch? If you are bored go visit a Redbox and try it out.
post #627 of 628 Old 08-20-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Glad you are enjoying it, but it looks like the game will be cut at the knees...it and "Lawbreakers" seem to be puddle-deep and shallow clones of Doom, seems we have an entire generation of game-makers who think that giving us a 1997 experience at $60 bones is "good enough". Doom did it right, Overwatch I suppose has the eye-candy and uniqueness to pull it off, but all the rest...including these new games...look like crap imitators. :P

I'm currently playing THE DIVISION (level 22, solo!).......so um...ANYONE? HELP?

I've spent about 10 minutes in dark-zone solo, getting my ass handed to me by NPC's.....such fun...

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #628 of 628 Old 08-29-2017, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I am still working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn, but I am almost finished. Only have a few sidequests and maybe 6 main quests left to do. All other supplemental tasks are done except the Hunting Grounds.

My next game is probably going to be Persona 5. I had started a game a while back but decided to put it on hold to complete HZD. Now I plan to get back to it. But in the meantime, I have downloaded a bunch of new games from either PS+ or because of crazy sales. In the wings waiting, I have:

Tomb Raider reboot: Definitive Edition. (bought for $5. Played this last gen (got it free from PS+!) and was my favorite game of the gen. Wouldn't mind playing through it again at some point)
Mad Max (bought for $10)
Arkham Knight + full DLC Season pass ($20 total)
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition ($10. Playing this off and on when I feel like a fast paced action game)
Uncharted Collection: (almost done with UC1)
Just Cause 3 (downloaded from PS+)
Technomancer (just bought for $10. looks like a fun sci-fi RPG)

Still yet to purchase but must haves:

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Nier Automata
Final Fantasy XII remaster
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
Nioh (maybe)

Also still working my way through Shadows of Mordor. Trying to beat it before I get Shadows of War.

I can see me playing my PS4 well into the next generation, just like with my PS1, PS2 and my PS3. (I still play my PS3 by the way. Still need to beat Trails of Cold Steel and Metal Gear Rising. I need to restart the original Bayonetta because my wife accidentally erased my save!)
DaverJ likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page