So... what PlayStation games are you working through? - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #601 of 606 Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 213
After finishing The Witcher 3's main storyline, I decided to take a break before working on the DLCs. I finally got around to playing two games I bought at launch last year: No Man's Sky and The Witness. While they are radically different games, my response to both was similar. I played each one obsessively for maybe two weeks; then, after going out of town for a week, on my return I found that I couldn't get back into them, which isn't an experience I've had before. I don't know how long I would have continued with them if my momentum hadn't been interrupted by travel; it may be that I need more narrative in a game to sustain my interest over interruptions.

While I was traveling, I played Lara Croft Go on my Vita. A lot of fun, but the load times on the Vita are frustratingly long.

My co-op buddies and I have started Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'm hoping we'll get good enough at it to complete missions stealthily; so far we haven't had much luck with that approach.

On PSVR I'm playing Wayward Sky. I think it's aimed at kids, which may be why it hasn't gotten much attention, since kids don't buy VR headsets, but it's a charming reminder of how much VR can add to a third-person game. I've also played some Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is a great co-op experience; more than most games, it relies on teammates developing a shared vocabulary.
DaverJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 606 Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 307
I'm working through Tomb Raider Trilogy on PS3.

I'm trying to work through all my PS3 games so I'll be ready if the system fails at some point.
post #603 of 606 Old 04-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post
After finishing The Witcher 3's main storyline, I decided to take a break before working on the DLCs. I finally got around to playing two games I bought at launch last year: No Man's Sky and The Witness. While they are radically different games, my response to both was similar. I played each one obsessively for maybe two weeks; then, after going out of town for a week, on my return I found that I couldn't get back into them, which isn't an experience I've had before. I don't know how long I would have continued with them if my momentum hadn't been interrupted by travel; it may be that I need more narrative in a game to sustain my interest over interruptions.

While I was traveling, I played Lara Croft Go on my Vita. A lot of fun, but the load times on the Vita are frustratingly long.

My co-op buddies and I have started Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'm hoping we'll get good enough at it to complete missions stealthily; so far we haven't had much luck with that approach.

On PSVR I'm playing Wayward Sky. I think it's aimed at kids, which may be why it hasn't gotten much attention, since kids don't buy VR headsets, but it's a charming reminder of how much VR can add to a third-person game. I've also played some Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is a great co-op experience; more than most games, it relies on teammates developing a shared vocabulary.
I just started Ghost Recon this week. I think the best tool to use is the drone to spot and kill enemies before you advance to where your mission is. I usually either just sit back and kill everyone from drone spotting or just kill a few enemies and stealthily take out the rest of the enemies. I used a lot of skill points early on for the drone battery, range, and the ability to sync 3 enemies at once to kill. If there is an area where they are jamming signals, just find the jammer and take it out with a mortar strike.

post #604 of 606 Old 04-27-2017, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Games...and more games...

I have quite a few games I need to start...but I seem to be hooked on For Honor at the moment...

PSN: NYBLKPHD
post #605 of 606 Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Final Fantasy XV

Trails of Cold Steel 1

Uncharted Collection

Horizon Zero Dawn

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Persona 5.

FFXV is an ongoing process because of the timed hunts and new DLC's that get dropped occasionally. Trails of Cold Steel is a series on the PS3 and Vita. I am trying to finish part 1 to start part 2 on my Vita and beat that before part 3 comes out on the PS4. (comes out at the end of the year for Japan, but probably wont hit NA till 2018). My wife randomly bought me Uncharted Collection, which is one I have been meaning to get. Horizon and Persona 5 I have started games in, but don't want to get too far into them till I am done with Trails of Cold Steel. Devil May Cry is the game I play when I am in the mood for a hardcore action game. I will play it off and on probably over the course of the next couple of years.

Also going to purchase Nier: Automata and Nioh and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Probably Rise first, then Nier. Nioh I can get into later.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #606 of 606 Old Today, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Horizon Zero Dawn. I plowed through all of Final Fantasy 15 pretty quickly and probably should've played a shorter game as a palate cleanser, because I'm having a hard time getting through another really long, epic game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area