So... what PlayStation games are you working through? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 186

What have you been playing on your PS3 as of late? Any games you need to finish (or start) when you get around to it? For me it's...

June '08

Ninja Gaiden Sigma: Just like how a new movie sequel gets me in the mood to watch the earlier release, all of the NG2 press got me to fire up NGS again which I never finished. I'm about 65% through now I think.

Hot Shots Golf 5: Having recently finished the solo mode with all characters and caddies unlocked, I think I'll stick with online play from here on out.

WipeOut XL: Despite the PSOne graphics, digital control, and lack of online play, I still love this title and can't wait for WO:HD.

Ico: For some reason I wasn't grabbed by this acclaimed PS2 title as I was for Shadow of Colossus so I only played maybe 30% of the way through. I hear the sequel will come for the PS3 so I'm about to give it another go before long to see if my mind will be changed about it.

LEGO Indiana Jones: I still haven't played my copy, but my daughter is looking forward to the co-op action with me once we get it going.

August '08 update

Soul Calibur 4: Almost all of my PS3 time is spent playing this game these days.

LEGO Indiana Jones: It's a ton of fun romping through this game with my daughter.

October '08 update

Soul Calibur 4: Almost all of my PS3 time continues to be spent playing this game.

WipEout HD: Gorgeous racer with insane speeds = win

High Velocity Bowling: The new online patch has perfected this gem of a title

May '09 update

Resident Evil 4: Blasting zombies never gets old.

Zen Pinball: A very polished and enjoyable pinball experience.

Valkyrie Chronicles: I finally have a bit of time to properly get into this one

August '09 update

Resident Evil 5: Blasting zombies still never gets old

Flower: I beat it already, but am enjoying my six-year old daughter's love for the game

Fat Princess: Already my all-time favorite PSN game

February '10 update

Tekken 6: I won't be sick of this one for a loooooong time.

God of War Collection: I beat the first one on the hardest difficulty (again), now I'm plowing through the sequel before GoW 3 arrives.

Ratchet and Clank: ACiT: I'll start this one up once I polish off GoW 2.

March '10 update

God of War III: The uber-epic adventure has been worth the wait

Ratchet and Clank: ACiT: I'll start this one up once I polish off GoW III

September '10 update

DJ Hero: I'm late to this game, but the recent sale made me pick it up

inFamous: This will be the next backlogged game I start

ModNation Racers: It's surprisingly deep, and dloading mods and tracks keeps things fresh

Shank: I love games with stylish attack combos and this is one of the more unique ones that's come out in a while.

June '11 update

DJ Hero 1 & 2: I like to play a full set or two when I have a spare hour to kill. This is the only rhythm game I've gotten into.

Heavy Rain: My non-gamer wife loves the story, so I can only play a chapter or two when she asks me to pop it in. I figure I'll be done before summer ends.

SOCOM 4: My favorite title of 2011. I've put in dozens of hours in all three modes (solo, co-op, vs.) with my Move+Sharp Shooter since it released.

WipEout HD: I got back into the futuristic racer once I got the free Fury update from Sony's Welcome Back program. I had forgotten how much fun (and frustration) is invoved when trying to gold all of the events of the original's 'Skilled' campaign. Just one more racing series to go and I can begin playing Fury.

October '11 update

Yakuza 4- This was my first Yakuza game, I finished the main adventure after just shy of 80 hours, and I had a BLAST!

Tekken 6- I know that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is still about a year away before it comes out, but I'm starting to get back in competitive shape for my favorite fighting franchise right now.

Resistance 3: I'm almost 11 hours in during my first play-through (Hard difficulty + Move controls), with two chapters left to go. It is hands down the best console FPS campaign experience I've had since Half Life: Ep. 2. I took a break soon after it came out, but now that my 3DTV has come in I plan to finish it up.

Marvel Pinball (Wolverine table): From the makers of Zen Pinball (which I didn't care for), I've been really enjoying this game when I have a few minutes to kill. Some of the ball physics around the flippers are a bit off, but the gameplay is smooth and addicting. I'm only up to 40 million so far; I want to get 50 million before I try one of the other three tables.

SOCOM 4: I can't get enough of its excellent co-op mode. Playing with four other team mates on the hardest difficulty is pure, intense madness with all of the shooting and blasting going on. The game also sports the most impressive 3D of any game/demo I've played so far.

March '12 update

Order Up! - I got this obscure Move compatible fast food cook sim to play co-op with my youngest and it is pretty cool for what it tries to do. Customers pull into the drive through and you have to flip burgers/steaks, fill drinks, slice vegetables, and spices, etc. as fast as you can without letting food burn or go cold from sitting too long. As a nice bonus, it's in 3D too.

Rayman Origins- Beautiful 2D platformer with awesome co-op mechanics.

House of the Dead 3 - A fave of my other daughter, this co-op Move shooter is a great port of the arcade release. I'm really looking forward to HotD 4 and the Resident Evil shooter pack coming soon.

Heavy Rain - I keep forgetting to finish this. It's been slow since I usually play with my wife coaching me.

Ico Collection - I've had it unopened for a bit as I cleared out some back log. Both titles will be on my plate by this weekend.

God of War Origins Collection - I may wait to start these after the Ico collection, but having never played these games I am looking forward to them.

September '12 Update

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has taken up all of my free time

How about you guys?

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 51
While I finished Heavenly Sword, I would like to go back and shoot for a better score on some of the cooler levels.

And I'm still trying to find time to start Uncharted.

There also a bunch of free maps for UT3 that I have been meaning to try.

I've really been sucked into Warhawk, 500 hrs of Warhawk doesn't leave much time for anything else...

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #3 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Liked: 11
I'm working on the metal gear essentials pack. I've finished MGS1 and have MGS2 and 3 left. Then I'll get MGS4 when I'm ready.

I also kind of quit on Oblivion after putting in around 40 hours.

Other than that, I play NBA2k8.
post #4 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Nothing much other than the PSN games and watching BR movies. MSG4 will change all of that.

The 5.0 is here
post #5 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I have stopped playing Oblivion after a bunch of hours. GTA4 has only eaten up about 10 hours of play and I have sort of lost interest. My brother gave me his copy of Uncharted, but I have not started that yet. Bottom line is Warhawk is so freaken addictive, I don't have much time for other games.

Gonzo

My Home Theater Odyssey
PSN: mule-tool
post #6 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
AS - working on completing the 6 and up. Its a good game, the story is what is driving me foward. Otherwise its repetitive.

UT3 - to many games, to fast! - No mice support? I think they changed this...

HL2:OB Beat EP2, Still working on HL2, and EP1, Portal is impressive. Kind of disapointed about the lack of DD using Optical.

DMC4 - just started playing this.

GTA4 - Wow talk about lots to do, so little time Still working on this. Half way done. Great game.

GTP5 - Still lots to unlock, just getting started - can't wait for the real thing!

Oblivion - its impressive from start to whatever! I never would of imagined a game this big, this attention to detail. A true test to what this generation of console is able to handle. Lv15 - 140hrs, running with umbra sword, and armor. Currently trying to complete the deadric quests.

F1 - Great racer, got it for a stealer price when PS3 launched - did not complete it.
post #7 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

MGS1 - Done
MGS2 - Done
MGS3 - Next
MGS4 - Next Week

Am I excited? You could say that.

59 Blu-rays and counting...
post #8 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I like many others, am going through the MGS games. I'm probably about halfway done with #3 and have Portable Ops.

There is a list 20-something deep of games I would like to get through. Included are PC, 360, PS3, PS2, and even a PSP game or two. MGS4 is definitely on there. I don't plan to buy very many games through the end of the year.
post #9 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

And I'm still trying to find time to start Uncharted.

There also a bunch of free maps for UT3 that I have been meaning to try.

I've really been sucked into Warhawk, 500 hrs of Warhawk doesn't leave much time for anything else...

lego indy
rock band
haze

sandy -

don't feel bad, i still need to find some time to finish uncharted... and i bought it at launch!

and let me know when you decide to try out the ut3 maps... i want to ry those out too because as you well know, even if you try to leave warhawk, it eventually sucks you right back in... it is virtual heroin.

Mark Sporto, we hardly knew ye.
post #10 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Ico: For some reason I wasn't grabbed by this acclaimed PS2 title as I was for Shadow of Colossus so I only played maybe 30% of the way through. I hear the sequel will come for the PS3 so I'm about to give it another go before long to see if my mind will be changed about it.

I'm kinda the same way with Ico. I'm trying it for the second time though I haven't put it in for about 2 months. I'm about 30% through too and it just about bores me to death every time I try to play it. Fighting those ghosts is incredibly annoying too. x x x x x x x x x x x x x x boy this is fun x x x x x x x x x x x.
post #11 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 View Post

I'm kinda the same way with Ico. I'm trying it for the second time though I haven't put it in for about 2 months. I'm about 30% through too and it just about bores me to death every time I try to play it. Fighting those ghosts is incredibly annoying too. x x x x x x x x x x x x x x boy this is fun x x x x x x x x x x x.

Count me as a third. I'm probably about three quarters of the way through though. I haven't played it in a couple months. The mentally challenged princess bugs the hell out of me.

I'm also playing Jericho. I am most of the way through it but am stuck. My "team" does a sh*t job killing enemies so I end up dying while I'm trying to do something else. Haven't played that in a week. I've been playing Monsters encore.
post #12 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

How is Jericho?

I played the demo and enjoyed it. Although, the reviews were horrible, so I didn't buy it.
Is it worth a cheap buy or rental?
post #13 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 PM

I'm about 80% done with Motorstorm. However, it's on hold until I finish GTA4.
post #14 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Rock Band, Rock Band, Rock Band. I still remain pathetically addicted to this game.

When I have time, I slip in a little Orange Box (specifically Ep 2 and Portal, I am working through both in parallel).

I finished Rachet and Uncharted but would like to play them through again on a steeper difficulty level and with rumble.

I need to pick back up on Folklore, I really was enjoying that but got distracted from it and just haven't picked it up again.

Also, God of War 2 I never finished, about 1/2 way through on that, and Shadow of the Colossus I am still planning on playing.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Burnout Paradise... awesome game, need to spend a little more TLC with it.

I am planning on getting MGS4 although given the number of games I just listed I might wait a bit... I skipped GTAIV as I don't play the GTA series.

Not sure how people find time for games, I have so many to play and so little time...
post #15 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
MLB 08 The Show RTTS mode is taking up all my PS3 time (I'm a hockey guy but this game is so addicting)

stopped playing GTA4 a few days after release upon picking up The Show

started R&C: FTOD some time back and need to return to it at some point (not anytime soon)
have NHL 08 for whenever the mood strikes or time allows
finished Uncharted and COD4

on Tuesday all the above go on hold mode in favor of MGS4
post #16 of 528 Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopet View Post

How is Jericho?

I played the demo and enjoyed it. Although, the reviews were horrible, so I didn't buy it.
Is it worth a cheap buy or rental?

I like it. I'd say its worth a cheap buy or rental. But I'm not your average FPS player (I thought The Darkness was better than COD4) so don't necessarily go by my word alone.
post #17 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 AM

Beat the campaign mode on Blazing Angels and the arcade mode and ace duels with the aircraft I already have unlocked. I'll probably play through the mini campaigns first before going back through the campaign mode to finish unlocking the rest of the aircraft and medals. That and I have a stack of PS2 games that I've yet to open.
post #18 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

GTA IV - Bought it on launch day...a nd never really got in to it... I'll have to find time to do so

HL EP2 (PC) - Still need to finish this game.... but I got time as the last episode surely isn't coming out anytime soon.

Rock Band - I'm still buying DLC and I play on occasion, my friends have lost interest in the game though... so it's not as fun.

MLB 08 the show - Still playing this as much as I can... I typically just play exhibition games

Pixel Junk Monsters - Just bought the full version, played it with the GF this weekend, very fun.

MGS4 - will probably pick it up on Thursday, hopefully I'll find time to play it.

All in all, I just don't have the time I used to to play video games, so it's tough for me to invest in games like GTA and MGS.... I typically only play for about 30-45 minutes each night if I am lucky.
post #19 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I've been playing mainly the PS2 Ratchet and Clank and God of War games. I haven't played a native PS3 game in months (the last being Uncharted, right after it was released). When it comes to cross-platform games, I tend to stick with the 360 version as I prefer its control pad. That leaves PS3 exclusives and there hasn't been much released that was worth the standard $60 pricetag since Uncharted. Haven't done anything with the PSN store because I don't like using my credit card; if Sony ever starts releasing points cards like MS and Nintendo I may try a few games.
post #20 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Hot Shots Golf. Just about done with the Single player mode.
Haze..Rented it..bout done with it. (Im forcing myself to finish it...lol)
GT-5P Still play it online just going through buying cars I want to drive, doing the dealer races too.
GTA4. About 60% done. Rental that I kept for 41 bucks..
COD-4 Still play it from time to time
Tekken 5DR. Recently picked up a Hori stick, so I've been playing it again
Bowling. With the Family
GH3 with the family (That GOW track is tough!)

PSP Hotshots Golf Open Tee 2. Something to play on lunch break at work.
post #21 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I've been playing mainly the PS2 Ratchet and Clank and God of War games. I haven't played a native PS3 game in months (the last being Uncharted, right after it was released). When it comes to cross-platform games, I tend to stick with the 360 version as I prefer its control pad. That leaves PS3 exclusives and there hasn't been much released that was worth the standard $60 pricetag since Uncharted. Haven't done anything with the PSN store because I don't like using my credit card; if Sony ever starts releasing points cards like MS and Nintendo I may try a few games.

they have those... they're called pre-paid credit cards and you can find them at the checkout line of your nearest grocery store. and the beauty is you can choose from a variety of companies like visa, mastercard...

Mark Sporto, we hardly knew ye.
post #22 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 05:43 AM

My list sucks. Stupid life getting in the way of video games. This is actually pretty embarassing.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I was late to the train on MGS3 and then other things popped up and I never finished it. Now I have to play it again from the beginning and I would like to before playing 4, even though I have 4 pre-ordered.
Shadow of the Colossus. I've wanted to play it and I finally ran across a used copy so I picked it up.
Grand Theft Auto IV Still on the first island. I am not setting any speed records here. Frankly I like walking around the city and just doing random hoodrat stuff. I like the missions as well but with San Andreas I was so intent on finishing that ended up not really enjoying the game itself, so I'm trying to take my time. Also, every time I sit down to play I end up getting an invite to play online.
Ratchet and Clank. Just picked it up from a friend.
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma. I've said it before but I do have trouble making myself fight through this. For one, as we all know the story is weak so it's all about the action, but I just don't have the time to invest in learning all of the moves and how to fight well enough to stay alive. I would probably have finished by now if it wasn't a "checkpoint" game. I can only replay a certain fight two or three times before I get frustrated and throw in another game, because you have to replay so much other **** just to get the boss battle.
Oblivion. Again I took too much time wandering around and doing fun stuff, now I haven't played in two months and will probably need to restart.
Rock Band Friends still love it, so sometimes a 3 hour gaming session will be just playing online.

I do not really expect to ever really catch up.

PSN: brick1972
post #23 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile-reality View Post

I like it. I'd say its worth a cheap buy or rental. But I'm not your average FPS player (I thought The Darkness was better than COD4) so don't necessarily go by my word alone.

I'd second Jericho as a cheap buy...I thought it was fun and the graphics held up as well....Darkness, too I might add. Both are unique FPS's that are fun to run through.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #24 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by smastroyin View Post

I do not really expect to ever really catch up.

You just have to stop buying new games. Yea, easier said than done. I think I could play games every single day for the next year without buying a single new one and never get bored of one title. That is how much gameplay I have sitting in my apartment.
post #25 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Always playing FIFA 2008 with friends or online, COD4 and GT5P.
I started to go through all MGS before the 4th one is released. Finished MGS3, Started MGS1 (almost done) and will play MGS2.
post #26 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 08:07 AM

Just finished the Essential Collection. Now I'm working on Portable Ops. I'll throw in a little GT5: Prologue and GTA IV here and there. But, I will say that GTA IV really hasn't kept my interest.
post #27 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Wow, quite a few of blah comments on GTA4. I thought I was one of the few who hasn't been excited about it after playing it for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smastroyin View Post

Oblivion. Again I took too much time wandering around and doing fun stuff, now I haven't played in two months and will probably need to restart.

I'm with you on this one in that I spent most of my time wandering around just doing random stuff for this game. I put in almost 50 hours and only barely got the main mission instructions to go to all of those gates you're supposed to take care of.

It's been awhile since I've played it but it's been on my mind. However I don't think it's the kind of game you need to restart, right? The markers on the map always show you the direction for the main quests, and it automatically keeps notes about them in your journal so you can re-read what's going on.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #28 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I've played Metal Gear 1,2 and 3 over the past few weeks in anticipation of four. I never played any of these games before and must say I am really enjoying the story and gameplay. Now to wait until Thursday!
post #29 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mostly blu ray movies

But resistance, time crisis 4, and motorstorm. Plus a bunch of ps2 games. I was bummed when ratchet didn't have multiplayer. Haze doesn't look all that great and uncharted is the next game I plan to get.
post #30 of 528 Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Ratchet and Clank 3 (for PS2). R&C3 was the last in the series I needed to play still. This is by far the best one in the series--even better than Tools of Destruction!! So much fun.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page