Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888967p1.html

There it is... i'm sad inside FF was always one of my favorite franchise and why I loved the playstation. Hope it won't gimp the serie! (blu-ray vs DVD, like GTA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let's make another thread about it!
post #3 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

As long as Square-Enix makes more money (which they will on both platforms) then I'm happy. It'll generate more $$$ and in turn will secure more FF games in the future.

Can you imagine if FF was a PS3 exclusive and it flopped? EA would be knocking on their door so fast, the hinges would come off from the pounding...
post #4 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

EA would come knocking no matter how many platforms it flopped on.
post #5 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I'm sad, because this might mean exactly what you think it might...and they build it around the least powerful system

At least Blue Dragon was multiple DVD?

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #6 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

+1 to that Chris!

I am now a little less excited about this game. Hopefully they'll make it up w/ PS3 exclusive mini-game(s) that won't fit on the xbox version.

PSN: Zetram00
MGO: Tez $$
post #7 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

I'm sad, because this might mean exactly what you think it might...and they build it around the least powerful system

At least Blue Dragon was multiple DVD?

Nope. According to the press conference that is going on right now, 360 development won't start until the PS3 version is complete. At it's core, FFXIII will still be a PS3 game.
post #8 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

The engine the game is running on was built to run on both consoles. Your game will not be gimped.

Whether or not it will be good is another matter entirely.

PSN: Tezasaurus
post #9 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

When it costs $120 million to make a game, it gets harder to keep a franchise exclusive.

It isn't the size of the disk that counts, but how you use it.

Panasonic 46pz85u

4K cinema at 60mbps, coming soon to a kiosk near you.
post #10 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I can't believe I'm hearing such troll/fanboy talk. Be happy that others can enjoy this great game. Either system has yet to prove itself as the more powerful/least powerful system. Multiplat games look almost identical.

Go move this sorta talk to the gamespot forums.

Onkyo 605 - Pioneer Pro-730HD - HD-XA2
XBL: Degenerazn
PSN: Degenerazn
Wii: 8392 0559 3275 9767
post #11 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM

post #12 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30XS955 User View Post

When it costs $120 million to make a game, it gets harder to keep a franchise exclusive.

Yeah, that pretty much says it.

They probably saw that they weren't going to get their money back from Sony alone.
post #13 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop View Post

Let's make another thread about it!

I didn't find another thread about it when I searched.. sorry.

I saw it in the E3 thread but some people don't want to read 4 pages to find 2 posts about FFXIII...
post #14 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn View Post

I can't believe I'm hearing such troll/fanboy talk. Be happy that others can enjoy this great game. Either system has yet to prove itself as the more powerful/least powerful system. Multiplat games look almost identical.

Actually the PS3 has proven itself the most powerful. Try playing games like MGSIV, Motorstorm, Racjet and Clank, and Uncharted. The PS3 is clearly the more potent hardware, especially when you figure in the standard HDD and the BLU ray capacity.

But forget the bullet points, the 360 hasn't produced a game that approaches MGSIV. And the 360 has been out a year longer. If you don't think FF will be somewhat gimped, you are wrong.

Ah well, another multiplatformer destined for less than it could have been. But that is the economics of the arms race in game production....I don't blame them. Not saying ot won't be a good or even great game. But to think that it won't be somewhat gimped is just fanciful thinking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM

FF13 Versus is still PS3-exclusive. I don't know if I should laugh out of relief since that is the one I am really interested into...currently FF13 lacks the character or setting information that intrigues me.
post #16 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

While yes, a multiplatform game may look similar on either platform, a game, designed and built around the strengths/weaknesses of a specific platform, will almost always have more resources available to get everything out of that machine.

Look at what Squenix pulled out of the PS2 for FFXII, that looked amazing. I'm pretty sure if they had to develop it for both the PS2 and Xbox, it wouldn't have been the same technical marvel.

Gameplay etc. is likely going to be awesome regardless, but if designed simultaneously for both systems, I can only imagine that the overall polish will diminish slightly.

Will it still be better polished than almost anything else? Yeah, probably....but it might not be polished to the same brilliance it could have been and that is what I fear.

I bought a PS3 because of MGS4 and FFXIII. I bought a PS1 for FFVII. I don't care what system an FF comes out for, just that the game doesn't end up compromised because they tried to make it for everyone instead of sticking to one platform and getting everything they could out of it.

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #17 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 01:57 PM

It was eventually going to happen. But Sony will just have to rely on first party games like Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, Resistance 2, And Killzone 2 to sell hardware. Yoshida (the new Phil Harrison) has said this many times.
With strong titles like these coming this holiday season, the only thing Microsoft can do is concede on price.

PSN ID: Jay_Slim

post #18 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

Actually the PS3 has proven itself the most powerful. Try playing games like MGSIV, Motorstorm, Racjet and Clank, and Uncharted. The PS3 is clearly the more potent hardware, especially when you figure in the standard HDD and the BLU ray capacity.

But forget the bullet points, the 360 hasn't produced a game that approaches MGSIV. And the 360 has been out a year longer. If you don't think FF will be somewhat gimped, you are wrong.

Ah well, another multiplatformer destined for less than it could have been. But that is the economics of the arms race in game production....I don't blame them. Not saying ot won't be a good or even great game. But to think that it won't be somewhat gimped is just fanciful thinking.

See how you are a self-proclaimed Blu Ray Fanboy, your argument is full of Bias. I don't want this to turn into a Xbox360 vs PS3 thread but your claims of the games being "gimped" because its going to be on the Xbox 360 is entirely fanboy talk. I have played MGSIV, I've also played Resistence and Warhawk and was very underwhelmed by the graphics.

Both systems can generate amazing graphics and games. If you truly think a game will be gimped because its multiplat on the Xbox 360 then you belong in another forum.

Onkyo 605 - Pioneer Pro-730HD - HD-XA2
XBL: Degenerazn
PSN: Degenerazn
Wii: 8392 0559 3275 9767
post #19 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Am I the only PS3 owner who has never played an FF game?

Anyway, all this really means to me is that a game I wasn't planning on purchasing isn't coming out anytime soon.

BTW, I feel the same way (just not getting what the huge deal is) about DMC and MGS (although I did play a little MGS back in the day).
post #20 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:13 PM

As long as FFVSXIII stays exclusive and is optimized for the ps3 I will remain happy

PSN: moosemeister
XBOXlive: beilzebub
post #21 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush View Post

Anyway, all this really means to me is that a game I wasn't planning on purchasing isn't coming out anytime soon.

BTW, I feel the same way (just not getting what the huge deal is) about DMC and MGS (although I did play a little MGS back in the day).

I think the big deal comes from them being genre defining series' of games.

The first DMC was absolutely amazing and I failed to sleep the night I purchased it.

When FFX came out, I put 70 hours into the game in the first week it was out....through the entire series I'd say I've invested thousands of hours.

I'm still working through MGSIV which makes me sad, I just haven't had time to devote solely to it. At the beginning of Act IV now.

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #22 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:

While yes, a multiplatform game may look similar on either platform, a game, designed and built around the strengths/weaknesses of a specific platform, will almost always have more resources available to get everything out of that machine.

Look at what Squenix pulled out of the PS2 for FFXII, that looked amazing. I'm pretty sure if they had to develop it for both the PS2 and Xbox, it wouldn't have been the same technical marvel.

Gameplay etc. is likely going to be awesome regardless, but if designed simultaneously for both systems, I can only imagine that the overall polish will diminish slightly.

Will it still be better polished than almost anything else? Yeah, probably....but it might not be polished to the same brilliance it could have been and that is what I fear.

I bought a PS3 because of MGS4 and FFXIII. I bought a PS1 for FFVII. I don't care what system an FF comes out for, just that the game doesn't end up compromised because they tried to make it for everyone instead of sticking to one platform and getting everything they could out of it.

Again, according to the press conference that is going on right now, 360 development won't start until the PS3 version is complete. At it's core, FFXIII will still be a PS3 game.
post #23 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn; View Post

Both systems can generate amazing graphics and games.

I believe this to be true as well. However, this game would have been a huge system seller for sure if it had remained exclusive. This news definitely takes some of the wind out of Sony's sails.
Still, I think those who own a PS2 will eventually convert to PS3 when this title comes out for the backwards compatability of their game library. We'll see.

I am no PS3 fanboy, I'd like to own an XBOX 360. But bottom line is that I'd like to see more PS3's sell so PS3 owners don't get the shaft all the time from game devs.

PSN ID: Jay_Slim

post #24 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm still working through MGSIV which makes me sad, I just haven't had time to devote solely to it. At the beginning of Act IV now.

You're about to become very happy.

PSN: Tezasaurus
post #25 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

It's all true. Not a rumor anymore.

Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360 (E3 2008)
post #26 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush View Post

From what others have said the xbox version is developed separately so think Bioshock coming to ps3 from xbox but reverse it and make it Final fantasy

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build

post #27 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop View Post

Again, according to the press conference that is going on right now, 360 development won't start until the PS3 version is complete. At it's core, FFXIII will still be a PS3 game.

Just read that.

It does give me hope.

The one thing that scares me is that one version can't be outright better than the other, can it?

I'd love to see a multiplatform game made to take full advantage of each. Story/gameplay remains the same but from a technical perspective, they both do everything awesome that the machine is capable of.

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #28 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

From what others have said the xbox version is developed separately so think Bioshock coming to ps3 from xbox but reverse it and make it Final fantasy

I believe the release date is the same for both versions.
I'm not sure whether that means two different development teams or what.
post #29 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

There it is... i'm sad inside FF was always one of my favorite franchise and why I loved the playstation. Hope it won't gimp the serie! (blu-ray vs DVD, like GTA)

I'm sorry... I didn't know GTA was gimped on version vs the next?! and if you bring in the 4x zoomed in pics, then honestly you're no better than the fanboys preaching lossless audio for Blu when using TV speakers as their medium

FFXIII going multiplat was something I knew would happen eventually to a big title. It's a HUGE loss for the PS brand. I don't really care for it, I think RPGs are all blah with way too much story and no real replay value, and the combat systems are usually not my cup o tea but I know the impact this title has. This isn't a huge system seller but it was a reason on many on why they got a PS3. If MS drops this bomb, I can only imagine what Sony has up their sleaves...

Regardless it's good to avoid exclusivity. Businesses can make more money and the fans of 1 console can enjoy the title. I think most titles will go multiplat and just be timed exclusives.

PS, my PS1 could crank out excellent cut scenes as well, only now it's just 'in game'

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
post #30 of 154 Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I agree, this thread really is not for the PS3 forum. The PS3 edition was developed for the PS3, we have nothing to worry about as far as quality goes.

When in doubt use the spoiler tag "[$poiler] Spoiler text [/spoiler]"

Xbox: Swift Mojo Hand
PSN: SwiftM0j0Hand
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page