post #271 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

I don't remember what my soul level was, but it really helps to have the purple flame shield. It requires a str level of 22 to handle it properly. I had a lot of difficulty with this boss, because up until this point, I was using ranged attacks almost exclusively and my evasion skills were not up to snuff.

I forget; where do you find the purple flame shield?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull View Post

I forget; where do you find the purple flame shield?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
There is a purple flame shield where the blue and red dragon are roosting. It's a bit risky trying to get it and is a lot easier if you kill the red dragon first. You can kill the red dragon with about 150 arrows to the head while on top of the first tower of the bridge. I have 2 of the shields and probably got one from farming the red eye knight, but I'm not sure. The short compound bow is at the top of the 2nd tower of the bridge.
post #273 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

So why when I die in human form, I go back to my bloodstain without dying, hit X and then i'm still in soul form? I thought if you made it back to your bloodstain without dying, you went back to human form?
post #274 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

So why when I die in human form, I go back to my bloodstain without dying, hit X and then i'm still in soul form? I thought if you made it back to your bloodstain without dying, you went back to human form?

No, touching your bloodstain only gives you your souls back.

To get your body back you have to:
Use a Stone of Ephemereal Eyes
Beat a boss in soul form
Help another player beat a boss while you are in soul form

That is, if the name of the item is the same from the Asian version of the game, which I doubt they would change.
post #275 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:

Sorry, you thought wrong You need to kill a boss, invade someone's world and kill them, help someone else kill a boss, or use a stone of ephemeral eyes to revive yourself. Good luck!
post #276 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull View Post

Spoiler  
How do you defeat the Flamelurker, and what's the minimum soul level you should be?

Quote:

I don't remember what my soul level was, but it really helps to have the purple flame shield. It requires a str level of 22 to handle it properly. I had a lot of difficulty with this boss, because up until this point, I was using ranged attacks almost exclusively and my evasion skills were not up to snuff.

Spoiler  
Actually, I did the exact opposite. I have the purple flame shield and some armor, and I got rid of both for the flame lurker. While he is more agile than some other Demons, his movements are very deliberate and long when he goes in for the kill.

I've found that the best way to beat him is to be as light as possible, get rid of all heavy armor and shields, and just run and tumble while he approaches, and then hit him with soul arrows when he tries to strike. It's really helpful to use the multiplayer aspects for this Demon, as you can do a ton of damage while he is distracted. One guy gets his attention and then runs for his life, the other attacks, and vice versa.

Brandon
post #277 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Things are starting to slowly sink in, but I think that I've messed up my World Tendency events. A question for the veterans:

Spoiler  
It seems that in order to get a Pure White WT in Stonefang tunnel, I have to achieve a Pure Black WT first. Unfortunately, I didn't do so and have already killed the killed Flamelurker and Dragon God. Is there any way to achieve a Pure White WT now, so that I can get the Dragon Bone Smasher? Should I still bother with a Pure Black WT -- is the Talisman of Beasts worth it? I don't want to have to waste a bunch of ephemeral stones if it isn't.

Just an update: I was able to get Pure Black tendency by suiciding in living body form in Stonefang tunnel. Unfortunately, it required 11 ephemeral stones (normally supposed to take 5), By killing the demons in Stonefang I brought the WT to near Pure White and I'm not sure if it was worth the extra 6 ephemeral stones to bring it to Pure Black. Maybe I should have just waited for New Game+. I just really wanted that Talisman of Beasts!!

Update 2: Apparently after each suicide, you have to go back to the Nexus in order for the blackened WT to register. I did not do so and this is probably the reason it took so many body form suicides to achieve Pure Black WT.
post #278 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpggamer View Post

Sorry, you thought wrong You need to kill a boss, invade someone's world and kill them, help someone else kill a boss, or use a stone of ephemeral eyes to revive yourself. Good luck!

Oh ok! So if you don't make it to your bloodstain, you'll lose all your souls but stay as a ghost either way.

So fricking annoying that I keep getting kicked off the online, anyone else having that problem? Also helping noobs kill the tower knight to get my body back = the suck.
post #279 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Oh ok! So if you don't make it to your bloodstain, you'll lose all your souls but stay as a ghost either way.

So fricking annoying that I keep getting kicked off the online, anyone else having that problem? Also helping noobs kill the tower knight to get my body back = the suck.

Yeah, the only effect of getting back to your bloodstain is getting your souls back.

That sucks, I never had that problem when I imported the Asian version. I wonder if they're selling enough copies that their servers are having trouble having all the people interact with each others worlds.

I hope they upgrade or something for you soon.
post #280 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Jesus this game is addictive like crack!
post #281 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Does anyone know if the enemies level at all (like they do in Oblivion)?

Or do they simply get harder in later levels like most RPGs do.

Expert in training ;)
post #282 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I am the Tower Knights bitch! Ive tried beating him at least 15 times now and I can only get about an inch of his health off. Ive even watched youtube videos showing how to beat him! I keep thinking to myself, "Dang, If I cant beat the 2nd boss in the game, I'm really bad!"

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #283 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That sucks, I never had that problem when I imported the Asian version. I wonder if they're selling enough copies that their servers are having trouble having all the people interact with each others worlds.

I've had no problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

I am the Tower Knights bitch! Ive tried beating him at least 15 times now and I can only get about an inch of his health off. Ive even watched youtube videos showing how to beat him! I keep thinking to myself, "Dang, If I cant beat the 2nd boss in the game, I'm really bad!"

What level are you?

Brandon
post #284 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call him the "2nd boss". Just because he's the boss of 1-2 doesn't means he's the second easiest boss. I'm pretty sure a lot of the bosses are easier, especially if your a melee character. I was a mage so I kicked his ass
post #285 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I beat 1-1 tonight. Started 1-2 and got eaten by some silly dogs. How do you know when you level up? Is this only when you upgrade your stats in the nexus? Also, when you re-play levels for grinding, when you are done do you just go back the your point of origin (forgot what that glowing sword thingy is called) and return to the nexus to upgrade? Beyond the basics, I'm still pretty clueless in the game. I guess I should read the manual.
post #286 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I beat 1-1 tonight. Started 1-2 and got eaten by some silly dogs. How do you know when you level up? Is this only when you upgrade your stats in the nexus? Also, when you re-play levels for grinding, when you are done do you just go back the your point of origin (forgot what that glowing sword thingy is called) and return to the nexus to upgrade? Beyond the basics, I'm still pretty clueless in the game. I guess I should read the manual.

Raising a stat = raising a soul level.

And yes, when you replay levels to farm you can go to the nearest Archstone and use that to return to the Nexus.

Best advice to anybody wanting to farm souls is get through 4-1 and bring a bow to 4-2. Right as you start out run down the stairs, roll down to the next level and then run straight and kill the reaper enemy. This gives a decent amount of xp for you to train up some, and if you help an NPC is 4-1 (won't ruin where it is for you guys ) you can buy arrows for very cheap in this hallway.
post #287 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Things are starting to slowly sink in, but I think that I've messed up my World Tendency events. A question for the veterans:

Spoiler  
It seems that in order to get a Pure White WT in Stonefang tunnel, I have to achieve a Pure Black WT first. Unfortunately, I didn't do so and have already killed the killed Flamelurker and Dragon God. Is there any way to achieve a Pure White WT now, so that I can get the Dragon Bone Smasher? Should I still bother with a Pure Black WT -- is the Talisman of Beasts worth it? I don't want to have to waste a bunch of ephemeral stones if it isn't.

Get Pure Black WT, after that go through the level killing all Black Phantoms and Primeval Demons, if you kill everyone of them, you should get to Pure White WT.
post #288 of 1770 Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunt View Post

Get Pure Black WT, after that go through the level killing all Black Phantoms and Primeval Demons, if you kill everyone of them, you should get to Pure White WT.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
post #289 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I have been wathcing videos and reading opinions and I have come to the conclusion I really want to play this game. Sadly they released it in the worst possible time... With so many titles having just come out and so many more coming out weekly for the next MONTH I just cannot dig into a HARD game thats going to take a serious time investment. I really think it would have been great if this had come out in August.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #290 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

still working through 1-1, so I don't have the ability to level up yet, but I have a question: can you stockpile souls? for instance, if you return to the nexus in the middle of a level, is there a way to save or deposit your souls? Or do have to use them while you're there in order to make sure you don't lose them the next time you die?

XBOX: terryb28
PSN: terryb30
post #291 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

I have been wathcing videos and reading opinions and I have come to the conclusion I really want to play this game. Sadly they released it in the worst possible time... With so many titles having just come out and so many more coming out weekly for the next MONTH I just cannot dig into a HARD game thats going to take a serious time investment. I really think it would have been great if this had come out in August.

Yeah I hear you. I finally broke down and got it though, couldn't resist any longer. It'll be going on the back burner for a while with Uncharted 2 out tomorrow.

I just beat 1-1 last night (I kind of suck) and it was really satisfying. This game is like something straight out of Berserk. The swordplay, locations, characters, demons, the heavy atmosphere.

post #292 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I've had no problem at all.

What level are you?

Brandon

I think Im a level 13 Knight.

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call him the "2nd boss". Just because he's the boss of 1-2 doesn't means he's the second easiest boss. I'm pretty sure a lot of the bosses are easier, especially if your a melee character. I was a mage so I kicked his ass

What would you recommend be my course of action after 1-1 before I take on the Tower Knight?

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #293 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryb28 View Post

still working through 1-1, so I don't have the ability to level up yet, but I have a question: can you stockpile souls? for instance, if you return to the nexus in the middle of a level, is there a way to save or deposit your souls? Or do have to use them while you're there in order to make sure you don't lose them the next time you die?

I just started playing myself but I don't think there's any way to store your collected souls. There are those Unknown Soldier's/Hero's souls you come across. Hold onto those until you're ready to spend them so you don't lose them when you die.
post #294 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 725
post #295 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:

What would you recommend be my course of action after 1-1 before I take on the Tower Knight?

Spoiler  
I would start 1-2 and get the Wood Catalyst at the top of one of the towers along the castle wall. Then return to the Nexsus and purchase and remember the Soul Arrow spell. Make sure you have enough old or new spice to refill your magic at least twice. You can then attack the Tower Knight with the soul arrow from above the courtyard that he is in - this is probably the easiest way to beat him. Melee attacking him at his feet is a recipe for frustration and a waste of time.

Hope this helps!
post #296 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Well, I think my sissy mage went to 2-1 after he beat the Tower Knight (the way to 1-3 is blocked for a while, anyway). If you're going to try to melee the Tower Knight just continue the game at 2-1 keep playing and leveling up and hopefully by the time you go back you'll be ready to rock him.

Note: emulsionman's plan will probably work as well. If you want to kill him at any cost go that way, if you want to melee him go my way.
post #297 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

I think you're doing yourself a disservice if you pick up any other game over this, save for Uncharted: Among Thieves.

Brandon
post #298 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm a wanderer, so I do most of my damage with the sword. It wasn't too tough to take him out. I actually think he was the 2nd easiest Demon I've taken on so far.

Quote:

Well, I would try to help you in that level, but I'm up to level 33 or 34, so I can't join your world anymore. My suggestion would be to go through level 1-1 and 2-1, and collect some more souls. Go back and upgrade your primary weapon and increase your endurance and/or dexterity.

Spoiler  
Then go back through 1-2 and beat the Tower Knight by doing a lot of tumbling/rolling around his feet. Swipe away at the ankle of his pivot foot (think basketball...when he crushes the ground with his shield, he leaves one foot behind (usually the left). Swipe away at the achilles area of that foot. Then when he starts hopping around, tumble/roll towards his backside as much as possible. Then swipe away some more. You'll need increased endurance for a lot of running/tumbling.

And if it hasn't already been mentioned, take out the archers at the top before taking on the Tower Knight.

Brandon
post #299 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Dragons be scary.

Spoiler  
You can kill the dragon on 1-2. Gives you about 7k souls and a nice demon's soul to cash in for another 10k

Brandon
post #300 of 1770 Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Can anyone explain how co-op works, how do you team up with a friend, is it hard?

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page