Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Just quit game and reload.

aargh. have quit several times and no satsuki. do you have to do anything special to get him to come down from the tower? do you have to quit from the nexus? from the level?

XBOX: terryb28
PSN: terryb30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1770 Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Go to nexus and quit game. Then at title screen press start and load. Then repeat process until all worlds are pitch black. Satsuki will be the first thing you see in 4-1, and he has been 1 slash killing me regularly this morning in NG+.
post #633 of 1770 Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

You take the shortcut, and on the 3rd platform (I think), there will be a beam that goes over to a ledge. If you were to fall off the beam, there is another platform underneath you. Actually, on the other side, opposite the beam, there is a platform you can jump to that leads right up to the cliff. There is a tunnel on the cliff (dead end) with two geckos and that mofo hiding in the back.

holy crap! This dude is whooping my arse. I've died about 10 times in a row trying to kill him. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm soul level 61 magic/melee.

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
post #634 of 1770 Old 10-31-2009, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I lead him towards me (get him out of the tunnel), then get behind him and push him toward the ledge. Gotta corral him like a cow. Then I Meat Cleaver him and he falls off the ledge. Works great. His talisman may be on a ledge below...but you can reload your game and the talisman will be where he initially was.

Also, for anyone interested. I went from pure black to pure white in one run on level 2. Finish off 2-1 and 2-2. Then quit and reload until the level is pure black again. Start 2-1 and kill the primeval demon; run through to 2-2 (do NOT go back to nexus) and kill black phantom Scirvir; run through to 2-3 and beat the boss (you are allowed to die along the way, just don't go back to nexus - be in spirit form the entire time). In the end, after you beat the boss and go back to nexus, you will be pure white on level 2. You can then go back to 2-3 and get the Dragon Bone Smasher, and 2-2 to get pure greystone from blue phantom Scirvir. So far I'm not a huge fan of the Dragon Bone Smasher, but it's nice to have. Maybe you can go to the nexus between events, but to be safe do it all in one shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post

holy crap! This dude is whooping my arse. I've died about 10 times in a row trying to kill him. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm soul level 61 magic/melee.

post #635 of 1770 Old 10-31-2009, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

He killed me about 30 times. I finally said screw this, went back to find Yuria and rescue her in 1-3 so that I could get the Firestorm spell. It took me about 20 deaths to realize that at the very beginning of the battle, Scirvir uses the Warding spell on himself. That's why I could hit him 30 times and barely have done any damage. I figured the firebomb (which isn't affected by warding) would be better.

Then when I got her I realized I could purchase Soulsucker instead. One-touch kill, FTW! I just rushed him and did it while he was casting the warding spell on himself.

Brandon
post #636 of 1770 Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Got the 5 colorless demon's souls I was looking for with this pure black tendency day (1-1 by Miralda, 1-3 primeval demon, 2-1 primeval demon, 3-2 primeval demon, 4-2 primeval demon). I don't even feel like touching world 5. I was also able to kill Satsuki (because he looked at me wrong) and Rydell (because he had an item I wanted). I can finally relax and watch the World Series.
post #637 of 1770 Old 11-01-2009, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryb28 View Post

aargh. have quit several times and no satsuki.

Thank your lucky stars. The guy killed me probably 30 times last night. I almost had him once, at about 30% health and not much of a chance of him coming back. But then I tumbled the wrong way and gave him a chance to use his new moon grass, and got so demoralized I died a few seconds later.

Also note that I spent some time beating level 4-2 and went back to face Satsuki and he was gone. Maybe you did something similar?

Brandon
post #638 of 1770 Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

i just waited for him to run out of mana. Avoid the firespell or block some with Purple Flame Shield. (Used God's Wrath on him since i had the spell ) Then I used a Crescent Flachion +4 so my mana would regen while fighting him. Took me 10 minutes to take him down melee since he use warding but it's VERY easy to do so. Just need patience. Once he's out of mana, he's so weak.
post #639 of 1770 Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 AM

A little trick for Black Phantom Satsuki: lock on, circle around him counter clockwise with your shield up. His attacks will miss you, maybe hit your shield once every cycle. Keep attacking. Best thing, when he misses he stalls and you get right behind him and can wail on his back. When he starts to roll away to heal, just roll towards him and attack over and over, interrupting him. If you don't interrupt him, just start the process all over again. Easy win. Just watch your stamina and roll away from him if it gets too low that way he won't guard break you.

Lock on, circle counter clockwise

That works on Miralda as well. Now for the BP in 2-2, stand on the wooden platform across from his cave... directly across... and just go into sniper mode and keep shooting arrows. He will not attack with magic nor will he retreat as long as you keep shooting without stopping.
post #640 of 1770 Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 AM

FYI, I am 6 pounds short of my item burden. Last night, I went AFK at stockpile Thomas and upon my return, grabbing my controller, I accidentally brushed the way too sensitive controller button and my character struck him.

Now he's hostile. I quit the game, reloaded, still hostile. Entered a world, warped back to Nexus, still hostile.

I had to kill him

Now I am 6 pounds to my burden and I still have worlds 1-3, 1-4, 5-2, 5-3 to go

I'm so screwed.
post #641 of 1770 Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclix View Post

Now I am 6 pounds to my burden and I still have worlds 1-3, 1-4, 5-2, 5-3 to go

I'm so screwed.

You can drop items in the game. It sucks, but if I were you I'd stick with 1-2 swords and 1-2 shields, a bow and a catalyst. Level up your Vitality and your max burden will go up. And just pick up consumables as you go.

The hardest part will be picking up stones that are used to upgrade items. Once you get overburdened you'll either have to equip the herculean strength ring and go upgrade immediately or drop them and not be able to ever upgrade them

Brandon
post #642 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Got the Talisman of Beats this week-end and also killed Satsuki. Now I just need to finish the damn game to start a NG+ so I can rekill Flamelurker and give the soul the Blacksmith Ed to upgrade weapon... I want Meat Cleaver and Large Sword of Searching

Also : Does the Demon's souls carry to a New Game or do I have to use them? Since I can't upgrade my weapon now, I'd keep them for NG+. Beat Flamelurker first and then upgrade them all. Is it possible or they will disappear and I'll need to rekill all the bosses?
post #643 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

In level 1-2 right before you go in to fight the Knight there is a locked door on the left, where does it go? and where is the key to get into it?

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #644 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Also : Does the Demon's souls carry to a New Game or do I have to use them? Since I can't upgrade my weapon now, I'd keep them for NG+. Beat Flamelurker first and then upgrade them all. Is it possible or they will disappear and I'll need to rekill all the bosses?

You keep everything you have when you go NG+: Soul Level, souls (demon's souls included), weed, weapons, etc.

Just remember that you might not want to carry a ton of souls into NG+ since you'll have to beat 1-1 before you can up your soul level again. Although 1-1 isn't difficult, there's always that accidental death to worry about.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #645 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

You keep everything you have when you go NG+: Soul Level, souls (demon's souls included), weed, weapons, etc.

Just remember that you might not want to carry a ton of souls into NG+ since you'll have to beat 1-1 before you can up your soul level again. Although 1-1 isn't difficult, there's always that accidental death to worry about.

thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll save the Demon's souls for NG+ to finally upgrade my weapons. I won't carry many souls...I'm leveling my soul level as soon as I can, it's the only thing helping me getting better. Can't really upgrade my gears
post #646 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

In level 1-2 right before you go in to fight the Knight there is a locked door on the left, where does it go? and where is the key to get into it?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
The minister creature (one that has a fancy outfit, shoots fire, and has an axe, drops the keys on 1-3. It's after you open a large gate. He will also drop a hat. The keys lead to the door, which is where Biorr is being held captive. He will go to sleep, but will help you on 1-3 boss (and to a lesser extent on 1-4). You can kill him as part of Mephistopheles quest and get a colorless demon soul and his brushwood armor.

As a side note, you need the hat the minister drops to save Yuria on 1-3 (found to the right at the beginning of the level).
post #647 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

This week-end I was farming in 4-2 for souls. Was at around 40k souls when I got invaded (first time ever). The guy was standing on the bridge while I was down (where the Reaper dies). I saw a blue phantom sign so I said : "Hey I'll get some help". So I summoned him but he never appeared on time. So I was one on one with the invader. Didn't took long that he got owned Used God's Wrath and he went down, finished him off with 2 sword swings He only had 7k souls

After that the blue phantom appeared and he got killed on his way to the fog gate... Can blue phantom be summoned when you get invaded to help you defeat the phantom?
post #648 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes. You can summon up to two blue phantoms, and black phantoms usually get destroyed when you have blue phantoms with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Can blue phantom be summoned when you get invaded to help you defeat the phantom?

post #649 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

By the way, just wanted to mention that I've found 4-3 to be the best level for farming souls. I can rack up about 300k in 10-15 minutes. I use the Ring of Avarice, Soul Ray with the Insanity Catalyst, and a lot of spice. One-hit kill all of the mantas, go back up the cliff near Old Heroes Archstone, jump off, respawn, get your souls, and go again. Goes pretty quickly and allowed me to add many soul levels.

post #650 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

poison cloud is the best cheezer spell around, made king doran so easy

this game is simple if you glitch it and cheeze with the thief's ring, and arrows and poison cloud
post #651 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Spoiler  
The minister creature (one that has a fancy outfit, shoots fire, and has an axe, drops the keys on 1-3. It's after you open a large gate. He will also drop a hat. The keys lead to the door, which is where Biorr is being held captive. He will go to sleep, but will help you on 1-3 boss (and to a lesser extent on 1-4). You can kill him as part of Mephistopheles quest and get a colorless demon soul and his brushwood armor.

As a side note, you need the hat the minister drops to save Yuria on 1-3 (found to the right at the beginning of the level).

Thanks for the info...I guess i'm still a noob because I havent even beaten the 1-2 boss yet and dont know any of the char's you described. I'm sure I'm missing alot of stuff in the game simply because I just dont know about it? I'm still enjoying the game but having a difficult time with it.

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #652 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Honestly, I only know about the characters by reading about it online. This game is NOT straightforward. Without reading about things online you will miss out on almost all good things (weapons, items, characters). I didn't read a guide to get me through levels, but I definitely read up on items and how to get them, because they would be impossible to figure out on your own.
post #653 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

poison cloud is the best cheezer spell around, made king doran so easy

this game is simple if you glitch it and cheeze with the thief's ring, and arrows and poison cloud

Realy. That mother has been owning me. I almost had him down to a third of his health. I haven't even used poison cloud on anyone. I'll definitely be doing that tonight. Does it just make him slow?

I wonder if this would have helped me with Rydell, Satsuki, and Miralda during this weekend's pure black WT deal...

post #654 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Poison cloud and run away is the strategy I've heard.

I've got a question for anyone who's done some invading. I was trying to convert world 3 and my character tendency to black so I decided to do a bunch of invading. I got completely owned by every single person I invaded. Probably did it about 4-5 times. Well, when I started I had about 3000 souls. Like I said, I must have been killed at least 4 times. I ended my efforts, having lost all the souls and only ONE soul level.

Why then did I not have any consequence for a failed invasion in some cases?
post #655 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Poison cloud and run away is the strategy I've heard.

I've got a question for anyone who's done some invading. I was trying to convert world 3 and my character tendency to black so I decided to do a bunch of invading. I got completely owned by every single person I invaded. Probably did it about 4-5 times. Well, when I started I had about 3000 souls. Like I said, I must have been killed at least 4 times. I ended my efforts, having lost all the souls and only ONE soul level.

Why then did I not have any consequence for a failed invasion in some cases?

I thought you only lost a level when you killed yourself.
post #656 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpggamer View Post

I thought you only lost a level when you killed yourself.

Kinda what I thought too...but I definitely only died by the hands of my opponent, and I definitely lost a level. It may have been because of successive tries with no souls to lose, but I don't know.
post #657 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm. Only supposed to lose levels when dying by suicide or a monster in the level. Or you can lose a level by using white stone; or if the host uses the Banish spell on you.
post #658 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

How about using white stone as a blue phantom? I did that during my attempts to change tendency. I was trying to play as old monk and got summoned, then used my white stone. Could that be it?
post #659 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, because when you are summoned as the monk you automatically become a black phantom (even if you lay down the blue stone).

Quote:

How about using white stone as a blue phantom? I did that during my attempts to change tendency. I was trying to play as old monk and got summoned, then used my white stone. Could that be it?

post #660 of 1770 Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Realy. That mother has been owning me. I almost had him down to a third of his health. I haven't even used poison cloud on anyone. I'll definitely be doing that tonight. Does it just make him slow?

I wonder if this would have helped me with Rydell, Satsuki, and Miralda during this weekend's pure black WT deal...

Put on thief's ring, Run up to king, Cast poison cloud, run away till he ignores you, go take a **** or do whatever you want for 10 minutes. collect phat sword behind him. Repeat to get his armor & ring.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page