Demon's Souls... an exclusive PS3 action-RPG - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1770 Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I imported the Asian version this summer. I got pretty deep but lost the save when I switched to the slim. I probably wont restart for quite a while if ever, but this is a classic game.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1770 Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvsimpson View Post

Ok I got to the Giant Tower Shield Boss at the End of 1-2. Is there some way that I can make it to him easier then having to go through the 3 sections of Dragon Fire? Is there a shortcut like in 1-1. It is kinda annoying to get past the archers and Blue Eye's right at the end.

No shortcut on that level. You can, however, kill the dragon which makes it much easier.

Brandon
post #723 of 1770 Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Liked: 10
More questions

1. The blue things on the ground that say summon people. Why do they want to be summoned is there some benefit to being summoned?

2. When you summon someone they come to your game to help you? How long are they suppose to stay for?

3. This is the first game I have played on the Playstation so bear with me. Do you need a mic/headphone like Xbox to talk in this game? By that I mean do you need to actually speak to the people you summon? Or will they just tag along regardless for a while?

4. I have read that the chat is diffrent on the playstation so if I do deciede to buy a headset is there some channel I have to join to talk to the people I summon?

Thanks for any help.
post #724 of 1770 Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
1. They get their body back after they help you defeat a boss, and they get a good amount of souls. I also think it helps the character tendency turn white. However, most people do it just for fun, getting to play/help other people, beat bosses, and fend off black phantoms.
2. They stay until you beat a boss, you die, they die, or if they leave on their own with their white stone. Most of them will not leave on their own.
3. This game does not allow talking to other people. You speak through your movements and gestures (hold down the "x" button for a list of gestures).
4. See #3.
post #725 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

i'm finding it very tough to get through 1-1. i don't every have enough grass to make it through the final boss.(Phalanx...i also don't have much fire anything to help with defeating it) can i leave 1-1 once all of the men are killed and return to kill them again? i found some key here as well and have no idea where to use it.

edit, i also wanted to mention that my dagger broke on me. i have no idea how to go about repairing it.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 920@2.67ghz, 1.5TB HDDx2, 8GB DDR3@1066mhz, Nvidia Geforce GT220
post #726 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Same here..

Trying to cross the bridge were the Dragon breathes Fire:

Quote:
i'm finding it very tough to get through 1-1.

Does this lvl ever end

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
post #727 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

this game is still a hack and slash at heart, and that's all i really want to do. though i find the less i try and defend, the more and more i die by enemies i should be stomping. i need instant gratification from my games. demons souls has yet to deliver it to me. i hope this game can pick up and get more interesting soon. i'm not really wanting to trade it in because it seems like it could be great.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 920@2.67ghz, 1.5TB HDDx2, 8GB DDR3@1066mhz, Nvidia Geforce GT220
post #728 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post

this game is still a hack and slash at heart, and that's all i really want to do. though i find the less i try and defend, the more and more i die by enemies i should be stomping. i need instant gratification from my games. demons souls has yet to deliver it to me. i hope this game can pick up and get more interesting soon. i'm not really wanting to trade it in because it seems like it could be great.

If you just want a standard hack and slash go ahead and trade it in.
post #729 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

If you just want a standard hack and slash go ahead and trade it in.

it's just not making me very happy. i've probably died over seventy-five times in 1-1 alone. i just met up with these dogs, and they're extremely powerful for some reason. how do i repair my weapons?

post #730 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Ed the blacksmith @ Nexus

Quote:
how do i repair my weapons?

post #731 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:

I suggest trading it in now. That's not how this game works.
post #732 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 08:41 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

No shortcut on that level. You can, however, kill the dragon which makes it much easier.

Brandon

On 1-2, you only need to go through 2 of his fires. There's a underground passage way in the wall to skip the middle part. As for the problem with the dogs, the thiefs' ring [if he found it in 1-1] is awesome against them, as you can get within range of an arrow or magic attack and they don't know you're there.

Quote:

i'm finding it very tough to get through 1-1. i don't every have enough grass to make it through the final boss.(Phalanx...i also don't have much fire anything to help with defeating it) can i leave 1-1 once all of the men are killed and return to kill them again? i found some key here as well and have no idea where to use it.

edit, i also wanted to mention that my dagger broke on me. i have no idea how to go about repairing it.

You can backtrack to the starting point and return to the nexus at any time to spend souls. Thus you can farm souls and stock up.

What characters you guys start out with? The games pretty hard if you picked someone without a ranged attack, like magic, a good bow, or miracles. I started as a knight and was having a hard time, so started over as a royal and have been having a much better time because it allowed me to get used to the style of the game by keeping me alive longer.

Quote:

I'd compare this game more with survival horror, then hack and slash. Might not be for you.

There's no buildup towards the hardest enemies, you might randomly come up against an enemy that is 30-40 LVLs above you and need to run.

I'd suggest trading too if you want Brutal Legend, or GOW style play. This one takes a little more nuance.
post #733 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Myth, use a different weapon than the dagger. Use turpintine/firebombs if you have them on the phalanx; if you don't have any you will have some trouble. Make sure to chop the little phalanxes in the back and take your time. If you need grass you can return to nexus and buy some from the blacksmith. The blacksmith will also repair your dagger for a fee. There is a vendor on the level as well, I think he also sells grass and better equipment.

As everyone else has said, this is not a hack and slash. This game is about learning your enemy movements and striking at an opening. Aggression is not your friend, as it always leads toward death. This is common throughout the game. Also, make sure to watch your stamina bar; once it is gone you are completely vulnerable and will usually die in one hit. Recharge it by putting your shield down (letting go of L1 on the controller). Don't give up, after 1-1 you will feel better!
post #734 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Myth, use a long/winged spear and shield. you can attack while holding your shield and it makes things a lot easier if you want to melee
post #735 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

On 1-2, you only need to go through 2 of his fires. There's a underground passage way in the wall to skip the middle part.

But you still have to go through the third passage with the blue-eyed knights at the top, which is the part he was hoping to avoid. Killing the dragon, while a very tedious process, makes this part much easier because you can take your time and only advance one enemy wave at a time.

Brandon
post #736 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:

But you still have to go through the third passage with the blue-eyed knights at the top, which is the part he was hoping to avoid. Killing the dragon, while a very tedious process, makes this part much easier because you can take your time and only advance one enemy wave at a time.

Brandon

I found that the easiest part:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

For the last stretch, wait untill you hear the dragon coming and as soon as he flys overhead and starts his flame, pretty much where the carriage is, hold circle and run after him. You will never get hit.

Once you get towards the archers, stop running and stay right using the coach at the end here as protection along with your raised shield. The dragon doesn't attack you behind this as long as you don't back up. The archers above can't hit you, and the three on the bridge will just be pinging them off your shield.

Using your shield and arrows or magic, pick of the three archers one by one easily, but don't go past them.

Once you take care of them, go past them to trigger the BK. Magic makes quick work of him, or just block and counter him for a 1 hit kill.

Piece of cake.

I was actually surprised at how easy and short this level was, even if I did die right away the first time when Warden summoned me. Poor warden!

post #737 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Killing the dragon in 1-2 doesn't take too long, and the time you spend doing it will speed up the process of going through that section multiple times since the dragon stays dead after you leave/die and return. It's worth the trouble.

I had to restart my game because of a lost save and am finding this second time through much faster and easier (also chose a much better starting class). I realize how much of this game is about memorization and battle tactics and not so much about level/soul grinding--though there is still plenty of that to go around.

This game is still growing on me, and at this rate could be among my favorite games this year.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #738 of 1770 Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Same here..

Trying to cross the bridge were the Dragon breathes Fire:

Does this lvl ever end

for the dragon in 1-2 creep up as far as you can in the first part. As soon as he goes over you and breath his fire, start running. you should be able to make it to the second part.

Next part of the bridge... keep creeping till you see where he begins to spit fire.he will kill almost all the enemies in that part except the arrow shooters. once you get to them. dodge first in order to miss there arrows and get your stamina back, than kill them.

next part you can go under the bridge but prepare for the dogs which can easily kill you.

than do the same for the last part. Good luck.
post #739 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

My understanding is I'm on lvl 1-1
Map 4 at point 3
trying to cross the bridge

In this walkthrough..

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section...on_s_souls/ps3

Quote:

You will arrive at an intersection and be attacked by 2 spear-wielding soldiers. Divide and conquer is best for this foes, and remember to roll to evade their attack and then deal a quick counter. Once they are dead, you can go towards point 2 or point 3. At point 2, there are the King`s Dragons. One of them will breathe fire on the whole area, making it a daunting challenge to gather the items. You have the choices:

I haven't gone to point 2 yet

post #740 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

So that means the spear guys are killing you?

Basically you want to run up nearby them, then backtrack to where you came from about 15 feet. Hopefully this makes it so one of them engages you while the other is still a few feet behind. You can kill these guys pretty easily if it's one-on-one.

Brandon
post #741 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

See posts 458-460 of this thread. Also, don't worry about area #2 right now. You can go back to it after you take out a dragon.

Quote:

Map 4 at point 3

In this walkthrough..

post #742 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

this game is pissing me off to the extreme right now, every time I travel to the nexus (after logging out in world 4) it seems to reset the world tendency.!
post #743 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Map 4 at point 3

In this walkthrough..

Oh, that bridge!

Slightly different strategy. I found a very easy strategy to get all the treasure in "point 2" (and you don't have to kill the dragon yet):
Spoiler  
Go stand at the top of the stairs to the bridge and get the dragon to breathe fire (incinerating some of the guys on the bridge in the process). Once the dragon starts breathing fire (don't run before he starts breathing fire), sprint back to point 2 and pick up one piece of treasure. Meanwhile, the dragon will be making a second pass at the bridge. After you get that piece of treasure, return to the bridge. Lure the dragon again. Rinse, repeat until you've got all the treasure in point 2!

Just be careful of the other dragon's tail, so don't get too close to it. You'll be able to reach each of the items without the tail hitting you. Just be quick so that you get the treasure before the other dragon returns.
Hope that helps.

Also, is it just me, or is magic seriously overpowered in this game? After starting over (this time with Royalty), I'm finding this game ridiculously easy. On my first trip through 2-1, I beat the spider boss no problem without dying the whole way through the level. Is that just an easy level, or is magic really that powerful? I've beat three demons (1-1, 1-2, 2-1) and only died a few times because pretty much every enemy dies in one hit from magic, and the bosses can be killed from a safe distance.

post #744 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeaap- and the Royalty class is the easiest class to start with because its mostly just using safe ranged magic attacks. Stack that with white WT and its even easier. I started out as a Knight though and I was challenged enough. Im glad to have paid for the deluxe edition. Probably the best collectors ive had in awhile. I really utilized that guide book and just recently got the Platinum trophy. Great game
post #745 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Thx guys..

Can't wait to try the tips

Quote:

So that means the spear guys are killing you?

Its the Fire breathing Dragon-

I'm trying to pass on the bridge

post #746 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Oh, that bridge!

Slightly different strategy. I found a very easy strategy to get all the treasure in "point 2" (and you don't have to kill the dragon yet):
Spoiler  
Go stand at the top of the stairs to the bridge and get the dragon to breathe fire (incinerating some of the guys on the bridge in the process). Once the dragon starts breathing fire (don't run before he starts breathing fire), sprint back to point 2 and pick up one piece of treasure. Meanwhile, the dragon will be making a second pass at the bridge. After you get that piece of treasure, return to the bridge. Lure the dragon again. Rinse, repeat until you've got all the treasure in point 2!

Just be careful of the other dragon's tail, so don't get too close to it. You'll be able to reach each of the items without the tail hitting you. Just be quick so that you get the treasure before the other dragon returns.
Hope that helps.

Also, is it just me, or is magic seriously overpowered in this game? After starting over (this time with Royalty), I'm finding this game ridiculously easy. On my first trip through 2-1, I beat the spider boss no problem without dying the whole way through the level. Is that just an easy level, or is magic really that powerful? I've beat three demons (1-1, 1-2, 2-1) and only died a few times because pretty much every enemy dies in one hit from magic, and the bosses can be killed from a safe distance.

You're going to face people that aren't nearly as susceptible to your magic as the earlier guys are. Unless you are consistently leveling up your MP and power. But yes, there seems to be some tricks to each boss that make them pretty beatable, except for 1-4. I actually have found that some of the foes in the game (red eyed knights, phantom NPCs, Old King Doran) are tougher than most bosses.

Brandon
post #747 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I actually have found that some of the foes in the game (red eyed knights, phantom NPCs, Old King Doran) are tougher than most bosses.

I guess this is what I had in mind. On my first trip through 1-1 (without any ability or weapon upgrades) I was able to easily beat that red-eyed knight with a simple shield and magic combo. Is it all magic users that are this overbalanced, or is it just the Royalty class?

post #748 of 1770 Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Most reviews state that players that are strong in magic have a far easier time with the game than any other class. However, this may not help you playing against black phantoms, or raiding as a black phantom. Mages are strong and can be destructive, but there is an anti magic miracle which can render you useless, plus the Dark Silver Shield can block a lot of magic attacks. I've only played against mages, so I can't speak of how it is against bosses and other enemies in the game.

Royalty happens to be good early on because you start off with magic and magic regeneration. Other classes don't get that benefit. Any class can become anything you want it to be. Someone can start as a barbarian and still end up as a mage. Someone can start as a magician and end up as a melee character. The classes only matter early on.
post #749 of 1770 Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

In the Royalty class-

On Lvl 1-1

What magic does he have?

Use the D-pad up to cast?

post #750 of 1770 Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

In the Royalty class-

On Lvl 1-1

What magic does he have?

Use the D-pad up to cast?

He starts with Soul Arrow and a MP regen Ring. Never played a Royaltly but he starts with a Wooden Catalyst. To be able to use spell, you have to have one equipped in your hands (like the Talisman of God for the Miracles).

I beated the game yesterday and moved to NG+. Downed 1-1 to upgrade Soul Power and then moved to 2-1. I wanted to beat Flamelurker fast to be able to give his soul to Blacksmith Ed to upgrade my weapon since I used his soul by accident in my first run (). Downed him on my second try and then went to Dragon God with PWWT to get the big Dragon Sword . I'm SL 92 now and I'm finding NG+ pretty easy (for now, killed 1-1, 2-1,2-2,2-3,4-1).

Edit : Royalty starts with Catalyst.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page