[PS3 Media Server], a new java based streaming application - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 542 Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote from TornadoTJ:
Have you tried recording as .TS instead of dvr-ms? I found that my PS3 liked the .TS files, but wouldn't play back the dvr-ms files. (I also use GBPVR)

No, I hadn't tried that. I remember having issues a couple years ago recording transport streams and never went back to that format. I think my software at the time always recorded the entire stream if I used that method, regardless of what sub-channel I was on or something like that. I wasn't using GBPVR back then.
Maybe I will give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 542 Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
I had problems with TS files about a year ago, but somewhere along the way the upgraded CODECs or something have fixed the issue. I haven't changed my hardware at all in the last year, so I don't think it would have been anything else. Maybe an upgraded ffdshow or something did the trick. With TS files, I can stream to the PS3 perfectly no matter whether I use the Java app or TVersity. I tried and tried to get dvr-ms files to work with TVersity, but they would never go. I seem to recall getting a dvr-ms file to work with the Java app, but since the TS files work on either, I've stuck with them.

Oh, and I got busy last night and didn't get the chance to test streaming a file while it was being recorded. I'll try again to test that tonight.
post #183 of 542 Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphArch View Post

If you are getting an HDHomerun I recommend just using the AVS member developed Cliff Watson Electronic Program Guide. link here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...57&postcount=1 Cliff was a big help to many on this forum and that effort by members memorializes his help - but its also a superb PVR with season pass, and all kinds of information (eg genre and cast) info and multiple card support with custom padding. Matter of fact if the two tuners in HDHomerun aren't enough you can add extras or different cards. The program requires a subscription to Schedules direct which is a small annual fee for the EPG information. Why use something complicated when the CWEPG program is all you would need with an HDHomerun?

As far as the ps3 goes it was just taking the stream and converting to 1080i as that is what I have it set for. I am pretty sure the Fiesta Bowl was in 720p and the PBS show was 1080i. These look identical to me watching live (when using the IODATA link players or the tuner cards). The ps3 server sends the audio the way it gets it at least for the OTA and cable HD content mentioned above (I had Dolby digital lights on receiver)

Thanks again for all your help! I had no idea about the Cliff Watson EPG. The $20/year isn't a huge deal. I'll definitely have to take a look at his PVR. My other option is GB PVR, so I'll have to compare the two.

I installed PlayOn on my computer last night to watch something from Hulu on the PS3. It displayed it as 1080p, which is how I have it set, so that's probably how it'll handle OTA recordings as well. I'd prefer native pass-through, but a lot of stand-alone DVRs don't even do that, and those also don't have a 1080p option. Even though my TV isn't 1080p, I prefer to upscale everything to that, because it seems to have the least processing involved.
post #184 of 542 Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 PM

great bit of software.

ive got a bit of a problem. when i play flac audio files, the ps3 plays 5 seconds of the track and skips to the next track. it displays the correct song length on the ps3 and the files play fine on the pc.

here is the text file that came with the flac i am trying to play

EAC extraction logfile from 23. July 2005, 16:55 for CD
Sly & Robbie / RIDDIM The Best of Sly & Robbie In Dub 1978 to 1985 CD1

Used drive : MATSHITAUJ-822Da Adapter: 1 ID: 0
Read mode : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : C:\\Program Files\\FLAC\\flac.exe (User Defined Encoder)
320 kBit/s
Additional command line options : --best -V -T "date=%y" -T "genre=%m" %s

Other options :
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
Installed external ASPI interface

Range status and errors
Selected range
Filename D:\\emuleplus\\The best of Sly & Robbie in dub 2cd (troja records)\\Sly & Robbie in dub cd1.flac.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
Range quality 99.9 %
CRC 236DCCD8
Copy OK

No errors occured

End of status report

does anyone have any ideas??
post #185 of 542 Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

SchedulesDirect is worth every penny. We are lucky it came to be after all the freebies went away.
post #186 of 542 Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Anyone get album art to work on their Mkv Hd movies? I just see a Grey clip?
post #187 of 542 Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Loving this app for PS3. I'm having trouble getting uSirius to work with it. I believe it creates mms streams, and mms doesn't seem to be working for me. Has anyone else had any success?
post #188 of 542 Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 AM

PS3 Media Server 1.02.1 is released. This releases contains some fixes, like Media library & Mac OS related bugs.

PS3 Media Server 1.02.1
post #189 of 542 Old 01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I've got some .VOB and .mpeg files that I've ripped from my dvd library to my HDD. I just DLed PMS and I was wandering how I would go about setting it up to stream the video files?

FYI, my vid files are on a separate internal drive from my program files....if that makes a difference.
post #190 of 542 Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post

Loving this app for PS3. I'm having trouble getting uSirius to work with it. I believe it creates mms streams, and mms doesn't seem to be working for me. Has anyone else had any success?

I spent a week playing around with PMS and uXM but i just can't get them to play together.. nothing in the debug.log file either.. as far as PSM is concerned, it's working fine.
i did open a ticket on the google site, but it hasn't been accepted yet (still listed as NEW)

PSN: Wrassle
360: Burnt of Wrassl
post #191 of 542 Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

I've got some .VOB and .mpeg files that I've ripped from my dvd library to my HDD. I just DLed PMS and I was wandering how I would go about setting it up to stream the video files?

FYI, my vid files are on a separate internal drive from my program files....if that makes a difference.

All i did was open up PMS, go to folder sharing and select the folders i want to share and stream. FYI, everytime you exit PMS/restart/turn off your comp you have to specify the folders again.

Author,

Is there anyway you can make the folders you specified permanently? Its pretty annoying to keep specifying it everytime my comp is restarted or turned on.
post #192 of 542 Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 PM

How do you add podcasts this...i know with tversity you could add them..i don't see the option here.

LCD TV: Samsung LN-T4066F
HD Receiver: Scientific Atlanta 8300HD
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650
DVD: Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray
post #193 of 542 Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post

All i did was open up PMS, go to folder sharing and select the folders i want to share and stream. FYI, everytime you exit PMS/restart/turn off your comp you have to specify the folders again.

Author,

Is there anyway you can make the folders you specified permanently? Its pretty annoying to keep specifying it everytime my comp is restarted or turned on.

There is a save button at the very top of the interface. It is kinda hard to miss.
post #194 of 542 Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

For some reason I cannot get this to work. I have yet to post on the google whatever, but I can see the server in XMB along with my folders that I have specified to share. I go in to the folder and get a variety of errors/messages depending on what I try to access, but the primary issue is that my folders are all empty.

For the record I had unresolved DLNA problems streaming through WMP after the latest firmware update and before installing PMS, so I'm sure they're related.

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #195 of 542 Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmferraiolo View Post

Seems the discussion is a lot more active over there, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mw182006 View Post

For some reason I cannot get this to work. I have yet to post on the google whatever, but I can see the server in XMB along with my folders that I have specified to share. I go in to the folder and get a variety of errors/messages depending on what I try to access, but the primary issue is that my folders are all empty.

For the record I had unresolved DLNA problems streaming through WMP after the latest firmware update and before installing PMS, so I'm sure they're related.

Looks pretty serious. Try posting here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-m...erver-ps3.html

The dev frequents the site more and can provide updates and answers.
post #196 of 542 Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 PM

Here's a bit of contribution for those not so creatively inclined. I've built my home library of over 200 Blu-ray movies and converted them to digital files and using PS3 Media Server and couldn't be happier.

So I've decided to share with you guys whoever needs it a Photoshop template so you can export your own cover art. The best thing to export as is PNG to preserve the transparency in the background.

This is what it looks like:

You can grab the PSD file here to play around with:

PS3 Media Server Cover Art BD PSD (zipped)

XBL: Bozster | PSN: Bozster
post #197 of 542 Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I have windows media server that saves to dvr-ms files. Unlike the others, my recorde programs aren't playing back w/ media server but work w/ tversity.

When I play them I just get a black screen. I just downloaded it today so i know i have the latest version.

PSN: Zetram00
MGO: Tez $$
post #198 of 542 Old 01-16-2009, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey...if I've mounted an ISO image to a virtual drive so that I can keep my menus in tact, is there a way to stream the mounted ISO?
post #199 of 542 Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetram View Post

I have windows media server that saves to dvr-ms files. Unlike the others, my recorde programs aren't playing back w/ media server but work w/ tversity.

When I play them I just get a black screen. I just downloaded it today so i know i have the latest version.

There was a fix posted earlier this this thread for the dvr-ms issue wit hthe latest version. Did you try that and are still having the issue?
post #200 of 542 Old 01-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

...So I've decided to share with you guys whoever needs it a Photoshop template so you can export your own cover art. The best thing to export as is PNG to preserve the transparency in the background.

...You can grab the PSD file here to play around with:

Hello Bozster,

I have been using TVersity for a while now. Not unhappy with it, but I would like to give the PS3MS a shot. I downloaded your file, thanks!

I have an older versions of photoshop (Elements 3.0) and I have never used it for this sort of thing. Any guidance you could provide to help me understand how to edit it would be greatly appreciated.
post #201 of 542 Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

Hey...if I've mounted an ISO image to a virtual drive so that I can keep my menus in tact, is there a way to stream the mounted ISO?

It will stream it, but no menus or chapter stops.
post #202 of 542 Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

Here's a bit of contribution for those not so creatively inclined. I've built my home library of over 200 Blu-ray movies and converted them to digital files and using PS3 Media Server and couldn't be happier.

So I've decided to share with you guys whoever needs it a Photoshop template so you can export your own cover art. The best thing to export as is PNG to preserve the transparency in the background.

This is what it looks like:

You can grab the PSD file here to play around with:

PS3 Media Server Cover Art BD PSD (zipped)

Very, very nice! Thank you!
post #203 of 542 Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Looks like development has really taken off with this application. Sucks I was out of town for the past 2 months and couldn't participate in this. Looks like its time to get back to work on my blog and update some tutorials.
post #204 of 542 Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
anyway to force use of FFDSHOW even for MPEG2 (instead of MEncoder or whatever it is)

got visions of Splined upscaled content to the PS3
post #205 of 542 Old 01-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Use Avisynth
post #206 of 542 Old 01-18-2009, 05:30 PM

in the share settings how do you select folders on an external firewire drive. i can only share folders that are on the computers internal drive. i have 3 firewire drives hooked up and none of them show up to select in the navigation/share settings. btw im running on osx.
post #207 of 542 Old 01-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

New official forum here: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/
post #208 of 542 Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 AM

New Version out today!

- Changes / Features

Customize encoding parameters (along with default ones) for any given container/codec/property combination (purpose: A/V sync, playback issues, and tweaking for advanced users)
Ability to select networking interface
OSX 10.4 Tiger support (Intel only)
Settings reorganization
M4V now streamed by default, you have to enter the #Transcoded# folder to force the transcode (like AVI files)
WMA now transcoded by default
Italian localization
WINDOWS ONLY: Use (only with 720p/1080p H264 content) an experimental mencoder build for multicores
New OSX icon (thanks to Jakob Karlsson)
Added a "Skip/Force transcode extensions" option added if default settings don't suit you
Possibility to only remux AC3 audio tracks and not reencoded them

- Fixes

Default platform charset issue
Transcode buffer optimization on Windows
Application crash on Windows when too many widechars filenames were parsed
Audio tracks sorted by track number (if present) in media library
Better filenames/subtitles management (m2ts/ts/dvr-ms issues, comas, widechars, etc.)
External subtitles not always loaded, again
DVD images are listed in the media library
Fixed RSS parsing for Youtube and maybe other feeds
AviSynth / VideoLAN not always detected on Vista 64bits
Unavailable engines exclusion on OSX/Linux
Fixed console mode on Linux
post #209 of 542 Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Oh my they have an OSx build. Checking it out now.
post #210 of 542 Old 01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
This works for me but I have some pretty big overscan on my TV, to the point where a lot of the subtitles are cut off. Any way to adjust this?

Edit: I just posted this to the official website forum and the author responded right away by saying the next update will have an overscan adjustment because it's a common issue. So if you have a problem I encourage you to post to the official forum.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page