Uncharted: Among Thieves - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Uncharted: Among Thieves
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 11:36 AM 12-13-2008
I don't think it's a beta and much less a demo.

I think what people are playing are Alpha versions of the game.

Beta versions should drop some time in March for the big GDC and CES shows with an 80% ready version ready in June for E3.

That's just my timeline. I'm expecting an Oct/Nov release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Vizion47's Avatar Vizion47 01:01 PM 12-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post

I don't think it's a beta and much less a demo.

I think what people are playing are Alpha versions of the game.

Beta versions should drop some time in March for the big GDC and CES shows with an 80% ready version ready in June for E3.

That's just my timeline. I'm expecting an Oct/Nov release.

It's my fault for not being clear. I didn't mean a demo like the ones you download. I meant like a demonstration, that shows a small glimpse of the game.

I actually expect this game to launch before autumn '09. Seeing as they already have their engine built and seem to be progressing fairly well. Although I'm probably wrong, but I sure hope not.

Man, I wish I hadn't heard of this game until it's one month from release.
dogdoctor's Avatar dogdoctor 04:13 PM 12-13-2008
You guys got the email today right? It's likely to be the same vidoe we've already seen, but here you go.

"Tune into the 2008 Spike TV Video Game Awards show live on December 14, 2008, at 9:00 PM EST, for the first look at the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves trailer."
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 04:28 PM 12-13-2008
It's an extended trailer and not just a teaser that we got.

There are 10 exclusive, never-before-seen trailers that will be showcased at the VGA's. These trailers do not belong to just one console.
Vizion47's Avatar Vizion47 10:48 PM 12-13-2008
Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™, a pulse-pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog. Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who’s after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?

epic?
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 11:57 PM 12-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion47 View Post

Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, a pulse-pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog. Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who's after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything - but has his luck finally run out?

epic?

The story should be epic.

Your post is, OLD!
Martez's Avatar Martez 12:05 AM 12-14-2008
Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™, a pulse-pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog. Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who’s after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 12:06 AM 12-14-2008
As is yours TEZ... spammer!
Vizion47's Avatar Vizion47 07:57 AM 12-14-2008
You know I get a strange feeling of satisfaction when Shorty gets angry.

Conspiracy*'s Avatar Conspiracy* 08:12 AM 12-14-2008
Quote:

There are 10 exclusive, never-before-seen trailers that will be showcased at the VGA's. These trailers do not belong to just one console.

What are you trying to say?
bplewis24's Avatar bplewis24 08:53 AM 12-14-2008
Hai guyz! Does anybody know what the synopsis is for this sequel? Like, what is the general storyline.

Thank!

Brandon
Martez's Avatar Martez 10:46 AM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Hai guyz! Does anybody know what the synopsis is for this sequel? Like, what is the general storyline.

Thank!

Brandon

Yeah, Brandon, I just found this online!:

Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, a pulse-pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog. Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who's after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything - but has his luck finally run out?
bplewis24's Avatar bplewis24 10:49 AM 12-14-2008
Thanks buddy! I did a search and nothing came up.

Brandon
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 11:36 AM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

What are you trying to say?

I meant that there are 10 trailers for all the consoles. It's not just 10 for Sony or 10 for Microsoft or 10 for Nintendo. It's 10 for all of them together.

I think I'm confusing you more!
Martez's Avatar Martez 11:41 AM 12-14-2008
I don't understand! There are 30 trailers on the VGAs?
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 11:50 AM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez View Post

LOL... I know what you're doing TEZ

There are 10 exclusive trailers. We'll find out what they are tonight.
Martez's Avatar Martez 11:51 AM 12-14-2008
Nice! Ten exclusive PS3 trailers! Thanks for the clarification!
Megalith's Avatar Megalith 12:01 PM 12-14-2008
I hope they release the soundtrack along with Uncharted's in a double-disc package when this hits. An iTunes-only release is blasphemy.
Slacker George's Avatar Slacker George 12:07 PM 12-14-2008
Uncharted 2 needs the full Special Edition treatment. It's the biggest release of 2009 as far as I'm concerned.
Martez's Avatar Martez 12:08 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

I hope they release the soundtrack along with Uncharted's in a double-disc package when this hits. An iTunes-only release is blasphemy.

I can't even find it on iTunes. I'm waiting for another deal to show up to buy the game, but the El Dorado Megamix that plays in Home has me sold on the music. That track is sweet.
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 12:15 PM 12-14-2008
I'm surprised people aren't ripping the tracks right off the disc. I know there are blu-ray drives on the market.
Slacker George's Avatar Slacker George 12:28 PM 12-14-2008

Six and a half hours. I can't believe I'm looking forward to this crappy awards show.
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 12:52 PM 12-14-2008
I don't have spike. So I'll just check on Gametrailers.com once the show is over!
bplewis24's Avatar bplewis24 01:42 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:

No, dude. Read his quote again:

Quote:

It's not just 10 for Sony or 10 for Microsoft or 10 for Nintendo.

So there are likely more than 10 for Sony games. Duh!

Quote:

I don't have spike.

*points and laughs*

You probably don't have the NFL network for football either!

Brandon
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 01:50 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

You probably don't have the NFL network for football either!

Brandon

Nope, I don't have the NFL Network or NFL Ticket for American Football either.

I don't see the need to pay for something that I can watch for free.
Vizion47's Avatar Vizion47 02:08 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:

I don't have spike. So I'll just check on Gametrailers.com once the show is over!

I don't have it either. Here you go if you want to watch it live.

http://www.spike.com/event/vga/page/live-camera
Vizion47's Avatar Vizion47 02:10 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

Here you go.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008...g-to-ps-store/
KingShorty's Avatar KingShorty 02:10 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion47 View Post

I don't have it either. Here you go if you want to watch it live.

http://www.spike.com/event/vga/page/live-camera

Thanks.
islewarrior's Avatar islewarrior 02:49 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:

Nice! Ten exclusive PS3 trailers! Thanks for the clarification!

wow i get so confused after reading this thread
Martez's Avatar Martez 04:04 PM 12-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post

Six and a half hours. I can't believe I'm looking forward to this crappy awards show.

I can't believe you are, either.
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop