Originally Posted by drummernrg
I'll pick up online play again soon, certainly when the new DLC arrives next week.
I've been replaying Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I just got it back this week! It has been a blast to play through the Fortress and Customs House (the basis for the Fort and the Flooded Ruins U2:AT multiplayer maps) and look at it with fresh eyes.
They really tightened up the controls in U2:AT, compared to Drake's Fortune:
- you have to switch weapons to throw a grenade (that is a pain)
- weapons do not have a scope/zoom in feature (except the Dragon sniper)
- melee feels lethargic (it is really hard to pull off a brutal combo)
- Drake's reaction time seems a little slower, he doesn't move as easily
As a game player, U2:AT has improved me because I looked at my play through medals in Drake's Fortune, I:
- played through once back in 2007, on normal mode (now I can't wait to replay it on crushing)
- didn't get any stealth kills (I guess I didn't realize they existed and I think the lethargic melee played a big role here)
- didn't get 10 kills hanging from a ledge (think U2:AT Tricky medal)
- didn't get 10 kills running and gunning (I guess I didn't think about playing this way)
- didn't really go into the rewards "store" and unlock weapons or skins
Thinking back, I think I really was mesmerized by the entire experience of Drake's Fortune, because it felt like I was playing a movie and I couldn't put it down. After finishing it over a few nights one week, I immediately loaned it to a friend, telling him: "you've got to try this out!"
Now, I'm going back into it as a more experienced gamer for my Platinum Trophy (U2:AT was my first). Trophy support was added to the game after I played it in 2007.